PDA

View Full Version : Heads up on AX Cosplay Gatherings

LionBoogy
12-04-2002, 02:43 PM
Hey peeps,

As the AX website owner and manager, I've already assigned Wayne #2 as the key contact to keep track of all the cosplay group gatherings for AX2003. He'll be coordinating the mirroring effort to consolidate all the gatherings into ONE thread, both on Cosplay.com and on the AX EZboard (same as 2002). When the link from the AX website is active, please be sure ANY changes to times or whatever you make go through that thread so Wayne can make the approriate changes to the first post.

The convention site this year is far different from Long Beach and far bigger in scope. The benefit is the area is massively huge for cosplay group gatherings and side-parties and there's a whole lotta excellent backgrounds to choose from (after Hai and I went scoping the area) both inside and out.

That's all the updates I have right now. Thanks for your cooperation.

- Lionel

LionBoogy
12-04-2002, 06:08 PM
Additionally, if you have any concerns or questions about your Hall cosplay, please contact Marisa or any of the AX cosplay goddesses on the AX website in the cosplay section.

The cosplay gathering thing is a fan-thing, but it's be good to keep some of our AX staffers (who are also cosplayers and want to join in the gatherings when they can) in the loop about this stuff to make life easier for everyone. Enjoy and hope this helps.

- Lionel

sbjudy
12-04-2002, 08:08 PM
Hey, just the man I need! You went and scoped out the site? Perhaps you can recommend a place for us! The first year we had to come up with a location blind at the LBCC, and it didn't work so well since no one could find it! But, after a little scouting, the Hyatt lobby was *the* place for the Trigun breakfast! (Okay, so it only took two years to get it right, but that's not exactly the best average). So, do you have any recommendations of an area in the Anaheim convention center that is distinctive, easy to find/describe, and rather central?? :bouncer:

Love and Kisses,

Judy
www.stitchinbabes.com

LionBoogy
12-04-2002, 08:21 PM
Hey Judy!

Yes, that's why it's really cool to let us staffers and Marisa know what's going on with all these gatherings. We would like to avoid any blockage of the entrance for Exhibit Hall, lines for autographs, ticketing, and god knows what else. REALLY have it organized! Whatever makes it easier for everyone is going to work best and the earlier we plan for this the better!

I've already taken pics of the area, and believe me, there will be no confusion when we say OUTSIDE FRONT of the Convention Center. :) It's a HUGE FLAT AREA that is central to all surrounding hotels in the vicinity. hehe

Same as INSIDE LOBBY of the Convention Center. You can't get lost. It's just a big wide area at ground floor level. More updates as the con approaches.

- Lionel

Celine
12-04-2002, 08:34 PM
Whooo!! it's Judy! ^_^

Anyway, I'm sad that AX isn't in the same location. I adored Long Beach. The hugeness of it and the outdoors and the sun and the beach... And I would like to state that last year, the AX board was a great place to announce gatherings and worked very well for me. So, people, be sure to use it this year!

Morrissey
12-04-2002, 08:39 PM
If you guys haven't been to the Anaheim location, I'll tell you this. It kicks ass. Everything is close by, no more walking all over the place and the facilities are the best. i am so excited since I had my best expos when they were at the Anaheim Hilton.

psythe
12-04-2002, 10:29 PM
*dances*

I have never even seen the place, but I already have my room reserved at the Hilton. Glad to know the place rocks!

^^v

Bell-chan
12-04-2002, 10:33 PM
I'm really looking forward to AX next year! ^_^ But I feel left out of this cosplay gathering since I don't know what's going on. @_@

LionBoogy
12-04-2002, 10:51 PM
Sana: It's very simple and here is a rough example, just like a schedule of fan-run panels or events. Say, everyone meets at outide of ACC Entrance.

EXAMPLE **********************

Times:
Thursday:
12pm: FF Moogles
1pm: Final Fantasy
Friday
10am: Rurouni Kenshin
12noon: Trigun
1pm: Utena
2pm: Skies of Arcadia
3pm: J-Rock
Saturday:
12noon: Silent Mobius
1pm: Tenchi Muyou
2pm: King of Fighters
3pm: Angel Sanctary

So yeah, imagine it like this for 4 entire days. 4 ENTIRE days of cosplaying... hehe We did this before and we're gonna do it again, only bigger and better than ever! And for those who know, Anaheim is AX's favorite hometown (we ruled the entire area AX94-AX2000) and we scared Disneyland when we were there! hahaha

Anyway, Wayne'll manage it all, so please work with him to get all your gatherings in place. No hurries right now... this's just a heads up to get you all EXCITED!!! hehe ^_^

- Lionel

khamryn
12-04-2002, 11:23 PM
Sounds cool to me, I'll wander on over in a while. ^_^ ::Grins, thumbs up.::

As a sidenote I'm kinda happy its in Anaheim... its 2 hours closer to me then Long Beach. :x (15 hour drive anyway but yeah hehehe)

Squall
12-05-2002, 08:22 PM
Heya's,

Yep, I'll be getting things coordinated soon. The Anaheim Hilton and Convention Center is a great location (AX98-99) The front of the Convention Center is THE best place for gatherings this year. 2003 looks to be a very promising cosplay year...can't wait til AX ^^

Tifa
12-05-2002, 10:06 PM
O.o I didn't even know it was ever in a different place..well, I've only been to the 2000 Expo.. I remember that the location was pretty convenient with everything all together and stuff..but I don't remember seeing any gatherings..

KelBebop
12-06-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by LionBoogy
I've already taken pics of the area, and believe me, there will be no confusion when we say OUTSIDE FRONT of the Convention Center. :) It's a HUGE FLAT AREA that is central to all surrounding hotels in the vicinity. hehe

Any chance we might get to see some of these pics, Lionel? Like Judy said, it's really hard to plan a cosplay gathering "blind". Compare the first year of the Trigun donut breakfast (2001) to the second year (2002)...the first year we had NO CLUE where anything was, and picked a spot arbitrarily, which apparently, no one could find. We had to walk around the con giving all the leftover donuts away! The second year, we knew exactly where to hold the breakfast, since we were familiar with the area, and way more people showed up. We had absolutely no problem getting rid of the donuts in 2002. :D

Thanks!