PDA

View Full Version : Room partys

RichmondAnimeCB
07-15-2004, 11:10 PM
Does the anime usa have alot of room partys (I LOVE ROOM PARTIES!!!!!!!)

Maester Seymour
07-15-2004, 11:49 PM
i wouldnt know....ive been to cons where ive been invited to room parties but never went cuz of the size of my costumes. that was random. in short, i dont know.

Darxim
07-24-2004, 03:39 PM
I haven't been to any room parties at Anime USA. Last year I was really busy, and after we shut down the convention at night, a bunch of people were haning out in one of the lounging areas (upstairs, right outside the elevators). That was good enough for me. I look forward to more late-night antics this year.

Maester Seymour
07-24-2004, 08:04 PM
something like that happening at this con would be nice. I usually hang around later...lets see..prolly as anji i dno... I'll probably stop caring about the fact that i have no shirt that late at night. but ill be around. give me lots of love.

Sorahana
07-26-2004, 02:48 AM
something like that happening at this con would be nice. I usually hang around later...lets see..prolly as anji i dno... I'll probably stop caring about the fact that i have no shirt that late at night. but ill be around. give me lots of love.

Calm down you'll get lotsa love xDD. And hanging out late at night is fun. Did it at Katsucon, we hung outside the art dealer room and it was John Booty and his GF, my friend Alex, her BF, and me and John got up and changed the closed signed to open and walked smack into the door *lmao*. It was great xD.
I must do that again this con, just random hanging out xD.

Star_Angel
07-29-2004, 07:26 PM
I got invited to some room parties last year but since i drove from Charlottesville I wasnt there, but this year Im staying in the hotel, but dont know if Ill go to any if invited.

Wakusei
07-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Parr Tay! I haven't been invited to none, but I plans to pull out all the stops. You will not be there and not be part of my party. That's my way of the otaku!

Kohakuma
08-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Ugh, I got invited to a room party. It was Anime USA '01. It was the worst Green Room party ever, nothing but alchohol and a bunch of snobby drunk cosplayers.

StarDustShadow
08-04-2004, 02:45 AM

*Shakes head* Oy Seymour, i don't think you have to worry about that, you're always the con pimp :bigtu: Because you know what they say about guys with big hands, they're the Guado of course!!! ^__^ But on topic, yay, room parties = fun, someone should have one ^^

*~Yunie~*

lunasreincarnat
08-04-2004, 03:09 AM
i had a small room party friday night ^^ got drunk and went ot karaoke ^^

Fireflystar
08-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Ugh, I got invited to a room party. It was Anime USA '01. It was the worst Green Room party ever, nothing but alchohol and a bunch of snobby drunk cosplayers.

I didn't know snobby cosplayers went to last year's AUSA..I barely saw any cosplayers at all come to think of it. But I did skip the competition thing, cause I do habitually,but yeah, sounds like a good idea I skipped it ^_^

Sorahana
08-05-2004, 11:40 PM
*Shakes head* Oy Seymour, i don't think you have to worry about that, you're always the con pimp :bigtu: Because you know what they say about guys with big hands, they're the Guado of course!!! ^__^ But on topic, yay, room parties = fun, someone should have one ^^

*~Yunie~*

*cough* My bday IS the day before the con...........I call bday party for me (and super belated for John too cause it would be funner like that) in my friends room *lmao* my friends wanted to have some kind of party for me anyway...............tons of soda and pocky!! And you said you'd bring cupcakes >D!

Misa-chan
08-06-2004, 11:12 AM
*cough* My bday IS the day before the con...........I call bday party for me (and super belated for John too cause it would be funner like that) in my friends room *lmao* my friends wanted to have some kind of party for me anyway...............tons of soda and pocky!! And you said you'd bring cupcakes >D!

Uhhh.....my b-day is exactly a month before the con? Yeah, too late. o.o; Amanda, you get pocky. <3 and the........thing.....you probably know what it is anyway. :P

Sorahana
08-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Uhhh.....my b-day is exactly a month before the con? Yeah, too late. o.o; Amanda, you get pocky. <3 and the........thing.....you probably know what it is anyway. :P

Yipee =3. We add you into the mix as well then xD.

Darxim
08-06-2004, 05:29 PM
I didn't know snobby cosplayers went to last year's AUSA..I barely saw any cosplayers at all come to think of it. But I did skip the competition thing, cause I do habitually,but yeah, sounds like a good idea I skipped it ^_^
Last I checked, 2001 wasn't last year, but 3 years ago.

trigunvash
08-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Also contribute the snobbinest to the alchohol involved eh eh. lol

Fireflystar
08-06-2004, 07:11 PM
Last I checked, 2001 wasn't last year, but 3 years ago.

Ah,didn't read the whole thing. :rolleyes:

Sorahana
08-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Also contribute the snobbinest to the alchohol involved eh eh. lol

At Otakon I was in a friends rooms and I lost count of how many bottle of alcohol there was >_<. I swear why does alcohol have to get involved at cons? It's really sad.

Darxim
08-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Alcohol gets involved in everything somehow.

Sorahana
08-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Alcohol gets involved in everything somehow.

Yes yes it does ;O;. WHY HAS THE WORLD GONE SO WRONG?!

Star_Angel
08-10-2004, 11:31 AM
The girl Im going with's B-day is the friday of the con (she's gonna be 13 and her mom is letting me take her out of school to go with me) Wish my mom let me miss school for random acts of cosplay at a con!!! lol.
and I will find you CCAmanda and wish you a happy birthday!!!

Mandyness
08-10-2004, 02:27 PM
YAY PARTY. (hint i am hyper from no sleep)Question does the hotel have people running around and stuff because i was at anime expo they had non stop anime showing and people playing the music and everything and i was wondering if they do that type of stuff at small anime con. (hints first small anime com) So if you can help that would be great.

Darxim
08-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Everything's the same, just scaled down. You know, smaller dealer's room, smaller cosplay, smaller lines, smaller distance from one thing to another, smaller amount of time spent outside sweating (weather should actually be quite nice, though, so that's probably not a good thing), smaller hordes of people obstructing major traffic arteries... that kind of thing.

It's also easier to find the room parties, because there's fewer places to check. Most all of the room parties are going to be on one of three floors, because they first fill up the non-tower guest rooms with convention rate people. Only after that fills up do they start putting people in the tower, unless the person making the reservation requests the tower (like I did, because it's quieter there, and I have enough trouble sleeping as it is).

So, to make it all relevant, you'll spend less time searching for room parties. Also, not all parties are in rooms.

Ah, and to reiterate my point with fewer words, yes, all that stuff is there.

Mandyness
08-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Everything's the same, just scaled down. You know, smaller dealer's room, smaller cosplay, smaller lines, smaller distance from one thing to another, smaller amount of time spent outside sweating (weather should actually be quite nice, though, so that's probably not a good thing), smaller hordes of people obstructing major traffic arteries... that kind of thing.

It's also easier to find the room parties, because there's fewer places to check. Most all of the room parties are going to be on one of three floors, because they first fill up the non-tower guest rooms with convention rate people. Only after that fills up do they start putting people in the tower, unless the person making the reservation requests the tower (like I did, because it's quieter there, and I have enough trouble sleeping as it is).

So, to make it all relevant, you'll spend less time searching for room parties. Also, not all parties are in rooms.

Ah, and to reiterate my point with fewer words, yes, all that stuff is there.
thanks that helps a lot and i hope i can go because i already starting to make my costume.

HighOnMako
08-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Room parties o_O Sounds interesting. I'd prefer it if we don't get alcohol involved...

Mandyness
08-10-2004, 05:34 PM
Room parties o_O Sounds interesting. I'd prefer it if we don't get alcohol involved...
Same here i don't like alcohol at all

Sorahana
08-11-2004, 01:34 PM
DEATH TO ALCOHOL!!

Soda owns you all and you know it which starts the grand debate of "Pepsi or Coke?" COKE! I'm so hyper right now its not even funny *lmao*. But small cons rock!! *runs around*

Mandyness
08-11-2004, 02:29 PM
DEATH TO ALCOHOL!!

Soda owns you all and you know it which starts the grand debate of "Pepsi or Coke?" COKE! I'm so hyper right now its not even funny *lmao*. But small cons rock!! *runs around*
NO PEPSI or wait DR. PEPPER. lmao *joins the running around*

Darxim
08-11-2004, 06:11 PM
Cake or death?!

You know, if you threw a room party in your room, you could ban alcohol from it.

I never host room parties because I don't want to mess up my room, but I've been to some. Some people go out, get drunk, and then have the room party, while having no alcohol at the party itself.

Shastar
08-11-2004, 08:23 PM
Cake or death?!

You know, if you threw a room party in your room, you could ban alcohol from it.

But then, Where would the fun be?

But seriously, folks, please try not to get down on the alcohol at the parties. It's some people's thing. If it's not for you, power to ya. If you find yourself at a party where Alcohol is being served, here's a few options:

1. Don't drink the alcohol. yes, this is possible at a party where alcohol is prevalent.

2. Leave. Nothing is keeping you there.

3. Enjoy the madness! Con goers can be really funny when they are drunk! They are even funnier when they are hung over. Meanwhile, those of you that do drink can make their lives all the more miserable by being perky, bright, and sunshiney around them.

4. Take a chance! Why don't you like Alcohol? Is it the moral implication? Trust me, there are far worse things to have on your conscience then having had a few drinks. Don't like the taste? Then do what I do: drink the fruity foo-foo drinks where the Alcohol is imperceptable. Father used to get drunk and beat you? Well, not much can be said about that except you aren't him. Drunkin a-hole grabbed your butt? Grab his hand, hold it high and say, 'Who's hand does this belong to? I found it on my ass!" Call security, kick him in the nuts, Kick him in the nuts THEN call security, whatever. Just don't hold those of us that can drink responsibly in the same category as those that can't hang.

Now, if you are straight edge, or simply don't drink alcohol for whatever reason (You're allergic, you simply don't want to, whatever), I, and no other responsible drinker/barkeep would foist it upon you.

I'll be looking for the room parties, Alcohol or no.

Big Danny T

Darxim
08-12-2004, 01:46 AM
In response to 4, I don't get drunk. I go straight from sober to hangover. Unless, of course, being drunk is like having a headache, a bad taste in your mouth, and a bad feeling in your stomach, in which case I have been drunk.

Other such intoxicants have the same effect of me. I get some of the bad and none of the good. And, yes, I was doing it right. I've talked to a lot of alcohol connoisseurs and none of them said I did anything wrong. Some people just don't react well to alcohol.

Caffeine and painkillers also don't work for me. Penicillin does, though, fortunately.

Of course, despite all that, I still go to parties where there's alcohol. They're typically not as fun as parties without, though.

Wakusei
08-12-2004, 04:56 AM
Some of that nasty wedding reception punch that consists of gingerale and lime sherbet, but looks like vomit. There's a beverage.

I got no problem with alcohol. I almost use it as much as peroxide, but it stings alot more.

In all seriousness, if that's possible, I enjoy a good screwdriver if they don't overdo the vodka and a frozen margarita with the salt on the rim. The brighter the colors the better I like it. I'm not some drunk though, they get to me on rare occasions. I prefer a good fruit drink with a little kick to it. I've had some great punch in my life and I would salute anyone who can do a good one.

Darxim
08-12-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm not some drunk though
Heh, I saw the music video for that song from the FFX-2 intro last night (not the intro itself, but the music video from the musical group... who's name I can't remember, but Koda Kumi is the singer). They showed her doing the motion capture. What was funny about it was the shirt she was wearing. It said "I'm not an alcoholic. I'm a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings." You have to wonder if she knew what the shirt said (since it was in English and all).

Mandyness
08-12-2004, 02:58 PM
Heh, I saw the music video for that song from the FFX-2 intro last night (not the intro itself, but the music video from the musical group... who's name I can't remember, but Koda Kumi is the singer). They showed her doing the motion capture. What was funny about it was the shirt she was wearing. It said "I'm not an alcoholic. I'm a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings." You have to wonder if she knew what the shirt said (since it was in English and all).
I have seen that it so funny.

Darkskuld
08-13-2004, 05:37 PM
I don't tend to drink much....The only positive thing about drinking for me is it to open me up a little cause I am a very shy person.

Wakusei
08-14-2004, 12:18 PM
I'd like to know why the subject of parties always bring up drinking. It's not like that's a big part of what the fun of a party is....
I mean who goes to a party just to be sick the next day?

Parties are supposed to be gatherings that provide fun and entertainment to everyone there. Some people don't like to drink or see the effects of drunkeness.

I go to parties to meet people and have a good time. The only reason for anyone to drink should be for refreshment, not as a means to fit in. Tons of the people going to the cons are younger than the drinking age too, so take that into account. We should not plan around alcohol since the con could be held responsable. If you serve the stuff you'll need to have a person there checking IDs before they hand out a drink.

Sorahana
08-14-2004, 01:13 PM
I'd like to know why the subject of parties always bring up drinking. It's not like that's a big part of what the fun of a party is....
I mean who goes to a party just to be sick the next day?

Parties are supposed to be gatherings that provide fun and entertainment to everyone there. Some people don't like to drink or see the effects of drunkeness.

I go to parties to meet people and have a good time. The only reason for anyone to drink should be for refreshment, not as a means to fit in. Tons of the people going to the cons are younger than the drinking age too, so take that into account. We should not plan around alcohol since the con could be held responsable. If you serve the stuff you'll need to have a person there checking IDs before they hand out a drink.

Nicely put. I unfortunately have to put up with drunk or high girls @ my school everyday because they get drunk all the time and smoke too. Its really sad >_>. They do it just to do it and be cool. I'm sorry but if you're all giggly and have no brians because you keep killing your braincells with alcohol how is that cool?

*shrugs* Oh well I have been offered alcohol many times and have always refused so kudos to me I suppose seeing as I am underage. But if you're at drinking age have fun but don't hurt yourself. And if you're underage, why the hell are ya doing that to yourself? They have a drinking age for a reason. At 15-16 years old you're still gorwing and alcohol can REALLY hurt you if you drink before you're an adult.

Ok that was my public service announcement.

I love Shirley Temples, a safe alternative to alcohol seeing as they don't have any in em! Although I had 2 the other day and I was quite off the wall (I think I had too much sugar that day, I love sugar lol) but anyway,thats what I wanted to say ^_^.

Mandyness
08-14-2004, 05:49 PM
I agree with everyone else that it should be a time to meet people to have fun and not drinking Alcohol. So i hope we will be able to find one and have a good time. *smiles*

Darxim
08-15-2004, 12:54 PM
Con's not responsible for what goes on in the rooms.

KoreanEyez
08-23-2004, 09:10 PM
Yes. Just dry up your livers all of you >=( I feel soooooooooooooooooo disturbed around drunk people, so I hope there's a room party where there is no alcohol involved. At Otakon, there was a room party at the same hotel as mine and people were getting high and lighting bongs. I didn't go, but my friend did and once I heard that, it made me shake my head. Or maybe I shouldn't talk cuz I'm a Christian...

Sorahana
08-23-2004, 09:17 PM
Yes. Just dry up your livers all of you >=( I feel soooooooooooooooooo disturbed around drunk people, so I hope there's a room party where there is no alcohol involved. At Otakon, there was a room party at the same hotel as mine and people were getting high and lighting bongs. I didn't go, but my friend did and once I heard that, it made me shake my head. Or maybe I shouldn't talk cuz I'm a Christian...

Hehe I'm a Catholic xD. But anywho thats not the isues, I agree with you! My room party will definetely not have alcohol, despite the fact there's a 21 year old in the room but she hates drinking so wh00. Lotsa lotsa soda shall be fun ^^.

Darxim
08-23-2004, 09:48 PM
I'm 25 and I can't stand the stuff.

"I'll have the lemonade, please. ... Why is it pink? ... Well, lemons aren't pink, last time I checked. ... I'm not gay, either. ..."

Mishima
08-24-2004, 03:28 AM
I had a great time at Otakon going from room to room and party to party. Probably to much to drink that night but thats alright. I still had a great time watching anime, then I belive we played cards and started playing Capcom vs. SNK2 on the PS2. Good times where had by all.
With any luck something like that will go on after this con. Although I haven't been to this one befor.....so Im not sure what to expect on this.

XpunkRikuX
08-24-2004, 02:06 PM
if fireflystar said she barely saw any cosplayers does that mean there arent a lot of cosers at Ausa?no offense but if so I might have to rethink going....although I still wanna see camino.>_<.

SailorMoonStar
08-24-2004, 02:12 PM
I don't get why everyone is so against drinking. There is a thing called "drinking in moderation." Yeah, to drink so much to get ill, yeah, that's nasty, but drinking a wine cooler isn't evil. On the other hand, I haven't seen one of these "room parties," before, maybe they are really bad. I don't know. But, people get drunk, my friends get drunk, heh, even I've been drunk. It's america, it happens.

Fireflystar
08-24-2004, 04:57 PM
if fireflystar said she barely saw any cosplayers does that mean there arent a lot of cosers at Ausa?no offense but if so I might have to rethink going....although I still wanna see camino.>_<.

Well it was like 1 cosplayer for every 5-7 normally clothed people. But this year sounds like there's gonna be a hell of a lot more people from cosplay.com and that means a lot more cosplayers.
I remember there was like 3-4 threads for AUSA last year on this message board,and now look at it!

So yeah,I'd expect things to be different this time around.

lunasreincarnat
09-01-2004, 10:40 AM
yeah last year friday, i was in a costume, my friend was sorta in a costume... and we saw like 2 other people. later that afternoon it was like 30% saturday it was like 45% and then the costume contest, and there were more people then i thought that showed up to it.

just because there isnt alot of cosplay doesnt mean the cons bad. i still loved it. its my fav con.

and like firefly said theres gonna be a hell of alot more cosplayers this year. last year i think i counted like 15 at the most including me and 2 of my friends who attened ausa and were from here. the list last time i checked this year is like around 100 now, so um i think we will have lots of cosplayers.

Darxim
09-01-2004, 01:53 PM
Good lord, I saw more cosplayers in 5 minutes than either of you saw the whole con, it sounds like.

Maester Seymour
09-01-2004, 10:44 PM
yeah last year friday, i was in a costume, my friend was sorta in a costume... and we saw like 2 other people. later that afternoon it was like 30% saturday it was like 45% and then the costume contest, and there were more people then i thought that showed up to it.

just because there isnt alot of cosplay doesnt mean the cons bad. i still loved it. its my fav con.

and like firefly said theres gonna be a hell of alot more cosplayers this year. last year i think i counted like 15 at the most including me and 2 of my friends who attened ausa and were from here. the list last time i checked this year is like around 100 now, so um i think we will have lots of cosplayers.

you're only expecting 100 cosplayers at this entire con? Wow. I have a feeling thats WAY off. XD

lunasreincarnat
09-01-2004, 10:54 PM
you're only expecting 100 cosplayers at this entire con? Wow. I have a feeling thats WAY off. XD

excuse ME! im only expecting around 100 cosplay.com cosplayers. if you read my posted i said " i counted 15 people from here last year... this year its like 100" by saying from here, it could only mean cosplay.com. and im sorry my post confused you! last year the cosplay scene was kinda dead. who knows about this year. im making an educated guess, based on how many cosplay.com people went last year compared to this year. its a small con...

Fireflystar
09-01-2004, 11:03 PM
Good lord, I saw more cosplayers in 5 minutes than either of you saw the whole con, it sounds like.

Er..ok. I mean,it was a very small con last year, is there really any good reason to deny the lack of cosplay? It's nothing to hide from the people who weren't there last year.
As I said 1 cosplayer for every 5 non-cosplayers,and if there were more I didn't realize it..maybe they weren't eye catching or anything spectacular so I may have missed a few..but yeah, 15 cosplayers in 5 mins. at last year's AUSA? Maybe on Sat...definitely not like that on Friday though

Darxim
09-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Maybe all the chiis blended together.

I saw 15 in 5 on Friday. I guess it helps that all I do is wander around. If you walk from the hospitality suite to the lobby, you're likeley to see that many cosplayers. Hell, just walk around the lobby.

It also helps that I constantly ogle cute female cosplayers. That, to me, is the main attraction.

Maester Seymour
09-02-2004, 03:37 PM
Er..ok. I mean,it was a very small con last year, is there really any good reason to deny the lack of cosplay? It's nothing to hide from the people who weren't there last year.
As I said 1 cosplayer for every 5 non-cosplayers,and if there were more I didn't realize it..maybe they weren't eye catching or anything spectacular so I may have missed a few..but yeah, 15 cosplayers in 5 mins. at last year's AUSA? Maybe on Sat...definitely not like that on Friday though

i must have misinterpretend lunasreincarnat's post, i thought she meant at the entire con XD so yeah, i cant really say anything about last year since i was not there

Sorahana
09-02-2004, 10:37 PM
John we can just duplicate you with my cloning machine and that will create a whole mess of cosplayers!! *lmao*
And btw.......you better come to my bday room party or I'll be sad ;_;. Lol.

The cosplayers shall run amuck......and scare the crap out of the religous convention attendees >P.

Darxim
09-03-2004, 12:30 PM
The cosplayers shall run amuck......and scare the crap out of the religous convention attendees >P.
It's not a religious convention, it's national youth forum or something. Basically, old people talking about what's best for young people.

trigunvash
09-03-2004, 02:29 PM
I have confidence that cosplayers will conduct themselfs accordingly during the other conference. Like Darxim said, if we don't have a problem with them and they don't have a problem with us, then there's no problem.

Or at least I hope things play out smoothly.

Maester Seymour
09-03-2004, 03:13 PM
It's not a religious convention, it's national youth forum or something. Basically, old people talking about what's best for young people.

whats best for young people....like cosplay and cons. woo.

SailorMoonStar
09-03-2004, 03:38 PM
O_o Oh, this is going to be too funny, with this other group. Not that I'm saying I'm going to bug them or anything. ^___^

Sorahana
09-03-2004, 03:49 PM
whats best for young people....like cosplay and cons. woo.
AMEN! PREACH IT! XD

And yesh Darxim and everyone we will behave like good otaku XD.

Fireflystar
09-03-2004, 04:01 PM
I have confidence that cosplayers will conduct themselfs accordingly during the other conference. Like Darxim said, if we don't have a problem with them and they don't have a problem with us, then there's no problem.

Or at least I hope things play out smoothly.

Couldn't disagree with you more. I have no confidence in congoers to behave respectfully at conventions (when have they ever?) and I have no confidence that the people at the other convention will treat Anime Usa attendees with respect, especially those in costumes.

This just sounds like an enourmous conflict of interests..I'm honestly not looking forward to dealing with that at all.

Also, are we sharing the same areas? I was there last year..but I'm not sure if I saw the entire hotel.

Why didn't AUSA staff make certain that there wasn't going to be another convention on the same date? If we are in fact sharing the same areas, I believe people should have a right to know this info. before they register..

I envision them trying to make a point using us as examples of what happens to unsupervised youth,oh god...><

Sorahana
09-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Nicely put. Some congoers are just completely unruly no matter what the situation may be..............especially if they go out drinking or drink in their rooms >_<. Then again, some people are just unruly ~_~.
But yea all we can hope is that people practice SOME self control and at least try to conform.

trigunvash
09-03-2004, 05:30 PM
There's the con security staff, regular staff members, hotel staff and hotel private security force there. I doubt there will be any "confrontations", and what for? Its not like we're having the communist party convention next to the democratic free society convention.

Also for room parties, most room parties take place in the late evening with the drinking and all (if any) I've never seen any con members walking around drunk causing trouble before to thepoint of being kicked out etc towards regular attendees, from my understanding their conference stuff is mainly in the early morning and one in the afternoon. Then AUSA has control of everything again.

SailorMoonStar
09-03-2004, 05:37 PM
I don't think anyone is saying that there will be a fight, or anything like that. I think that the fact is that I doubt the other "group" is going to just ignore the fact that we're there and dressed different. If no one from the other group ever points or stares rudely I'll be surprised.

trigunvash
09-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Why are we running on the assumption they are going to do that in the first place? In my opinion they'll be suprised and smile (of course you'll get some people like WHAA?? same for the AUSA group).

If some of them don't seem to approve who cares what they think? Its not like they're going to start up a picket line.
I think we're blowing it a little out of proportion and making it sound like a repeat of the 1968 Chicago National Democratic Convention.

Cooler heads will prevail and incidents will be avoided, unless some people are just determined to cause a ruckess, then they will be hopefully removed.

Fireflystar
09-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Um..I was out in a lolita dress at a baskin robbins minding my own business, and 3 grown adults with a child started picking a fight with me and my friends for dressing like we were. In cute frilly dresses and without a reason. They got pissed we didn't have a decent answer and started throwing insults and told us to "shut our mouths" when I tried sticking up for us.
Guess what? They were rescue ambulance volunteers..and were about to jump little girls, so yeah..I have a concern for how this is going to go, due to the simple fact we're in costumes.
It angers people, I don't know why really.

trigunvash
09-03-2004, 05:56 PM
That happened at animeusa? if not I assume it was on the Streets of Baltimore, different situation than the inclosed hotel space of AUSA.

Its haloween weekend, I doubt costumes would be out of the ordinary compared to the middle of Summer.

My final note is theres going to be no problems unless people want there to be problems which I don't know why they would. Again I think we're blowing it out of proportion and have confidence things will run smoothly. I guess we'll have to wait and see, if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but if we're going to a covnention embracing different cultures, we should accept that people have different opinions and they're *might be people who think we're crazy to dress up in costumes, but again who gives a damn. I highly doubt they're going to run up and cause a ruckess and picket the convention.

I would have a problem too if they went up to me and starting a ruckess, but I'm just make sure the correct staffers are contacted. But I envision things going smoothly.

Fireflystar
09-03-2004, 06:07 PM
That happened at animeusa? if not I assume it was on the Streets of Baltimore, different situation than the inclosed hotel space of AUSA.

Its haloween weekend, I doubt costumes would be out of the ordinary compared to the middle of Summer.

Nope it happend 20 minutes from my house, in the next city over. And I would assume there *would* be something started *because* we're in a inclosed hotel space. Ever hear of the term "group hate"? If one person in a group decides AUSA kids are no good, I'm fairly certain that will make up everyone else's minds as well.

But hey,I don't wanna be right. I'm just pointing out something that should probably be discussed and not just glossed over..

Darxim
09-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Couldn't disagree with you more. I have no confidence in congoers to behave respectfully at conventions (when have they ever?) and I have no confidence that the people at the other convention will treat Anime Usa attendees with respect, especially those in costumes.
I agree. Anime Mid-Atlantic was an example of this kind of conflict. People blame the soccer people, but I saw some con-goers being pretty nasty to the soccer people for no reason at all.

This just sounds like an enourmous conflict of interests..I'm honestly not looking forward to dealing with that at all.

Also, are we sharing the same areas? I was there last year..but I'm not sure if I saw the entire hotel.

Why didn't AUSA staff make certain that there wasn't going to be another convention on the same date? If we are in fact sharing the same areas, I believe people should have a right to know this info. before they register..

I envision them trying to make a point using us as examples of what happens to unsupervised youth,oh god...><
Last year there was some stuff going on on the lower floor, but we didn't have anything going on down there, so there was no conflict. This year we're everywhere (even the restaurant is ours). Anime USA didn't book during another event. The hotel booked another event without telling us. There was nothing that weekend when we signed the contract. The people responsible for this double-booking were on the hotel staff, and none of them work for the hotel chain anymore (fired is my guess).

If the other group gives you any trouble, please report it to Anime USA staff. We've got plenty of people who are more than happy to step in and resolve any disputes.

The other group is not going to be there the entirity of the weekend, just Friday afternoon, Saturday morning, and Sunday morning. Also, they are not having a convention. The event they are having will be contained within the rooms they have. The only time they will be out and about is when entering or leaving those rooms, and when going to the bathroom. Some of them might go to the bar, but if any of them get drunk, let's all be polite and respective and cry when they verbally assault us so that the nice mr. policeman can arrest them.

My final note is theres going to be no problems unless people want there to be problems which I don't know why they would.
I don't either, but lots of people go looking for trouble, so betting on the goodness of human nature is typically a losing bet.

Darxim
09-03-2004, 06:37 PM
Seriously, though. If someone starts causing you trouble, just start crying. It will make them look like a horrible person. No words you can put together can convince them that they are a horrible person, so you may as well just take a simple act to convince everyone else instead.

Maester Seymour
09-03-2004, 07:51 PM
wow firefly, thats so uncool that ppl were being jerks just because you were in egl attire. i would have definitly come over, but not for hate, id be like "eee egl ppl!" XD I've never really experienced any kind of hate, little snips, but I expect a whole truckload when I do my mana cosplays which will be at 3 cons next year, including the debut of au revoir mana at this con next year if i make it...so, ive gotta buckle down and prepare for the worst. my mom already said im an embarassment, so, i guess anything else isnt as bad as that. T_T

Darxim
09-03-2004, 08:01 PM
my mom already said im an embarassment, so, i guess anything else isnt as bad as that. T_T
That sounds like something a mother would say. My mother used to say stuff like that to me all the time, and I wasn't doing anything weird. Just about all my friends' parents said stuff like that to them, too. What's parenthood without the verbal abuse?

So, room parties?

Man, this thread has gotten so off-topic, you'd think it was on the Anime USA forums.

SailorMoonStar
09-03-2004, 09:52 PM
my mom already said im an embarassment, so, i guess anything else isnt as bad as that. T_T
God, that's horrible!!! My mom was verrrry evil to me too. When will parents just get over themselves and just be non judgemental?? Grrr... I hate those types of people.
But, anyway, yeah... room parties??? lol

lunasreincarnat
09-04-2004, 09:48 PM
i dont think there will be any fights. but i am def. expecting.. " why you dressed like that"... i was with stacy when the rednecks wanted to jump us. and i was the easy target, becuase i answered the question, and becuase i was fat. people whodont know anything about us and cons will start stuff. even if you dont say anything to them. you could be sitting on a bench minding your own business and then eaither they will start something, or just say something with there group of friends. doesnt matter if they are teens, soccor players, rednecks, or business people. haha i kinda think its funny when people out right just stare at ya though, even if your outta costume.

trigunvash
09-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Again I think there's a difference from being outside in the public and people being really really curious about why people are in costume, compared to ie, in the hotel setting where there are giant signs that say "ANIMEUSA 2004" and adding on top of that it being haloween weekend, would being in costume actually be out of the Norm, no. A rowdy soccer team compared to some old people going to a conference, significant lower chance of incidents happening.

lunasreincarnat
09-04-2004, 11:01 PM
true but were gonna have people going to this confernce that are from the "outside world" come in. im not saying shits gonna happen... but dont expect nothing to happen.

Fireflystar
09-04-2004, 11:13 PM
heh,Robyn, remember when were in wal-mart at like 1 a.m. the night of Halloween, and we were in our costumes, and someone screamed "Halloween's OVER!!!!!" hahaha I swear to god..come to think of it, I was in a lolita dress then too

To quote the greatest movie ever, Napoleon Dynamite,- "IDIOTS!"

Darxim
09-05-2004, 01:47 AM
I actually expect the con-goers to start more trouble than the youth forum. Why, you ask? What was the first thing people on this very forum (although not this particular thread) said when I said it might be some religious group?

When you have a group this large where so many people are between the age of 14-25, there's going to be trouble no matter what. Yes, I remember Katsucon 2002, the year it was in Baltimore (it was 2002, right?). Granted, I feel that particular hotel got what it deserved (I could write a book on how they pissed me off), but still, there was the trouble.

Anime USA is always tame in the trouble department, but there are always people who go looking for trouble. If you have a large enough group, you're going to have troublemakers.

lunasreincarnat
09-05-2004, 12:32 PM
haha yeah stacy i remember that too -.-.

there are some groups of congoers who start shit, but i wouldnt expect them to as much as i would a non con goer to expect.

trigunvash
09-05-2004, 01:35 PM
My whole rational is that, unlike other conventions, AUSA does seem to have a more calm less hostile enviornment (from my observations), compared to caotic places such as Otakon (the vast majority of people I've met at AUSA before have been really cool calm people, yes there maybe one or two people who were crazy). Yes there might be problems, but I really think some are blowing it out of proportion. If you see someone starting up stuff just try to tell em to cool it or tell the appropriate staffers. Cooler heads will previal. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but seems that some WANT trouble. and if it is a congoer who's there just to start trouble, they need their badge revolked.

BTW what is the approx size of this other group?

Darxim
09-05-2004, 09:36 PM
Don't know.

AUSA is usually pretty tame, yes, indeed it's true. It's just that we're expecting a 33% growth this year, and there's another event with its own people going on, which is something we haven't had before.

makotohanabi
09-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Have to admit I share the same concerns as the others. I'm not expecting anything on the level as the incidents with the soccer rednecks at AMA, but it's my experience that people forget common sense when they see something they find objectionable. What happens when they see a crossplayer in the lobby? Personally, I will be polite to everyone I meet, but if anything happens I will have a written record of the incident and will discuss it with con staffers and hotel employees.

Hopefully a staff member or perhaps even the con chair can speak to an organizer or group leader from the other group about the con and cosplay so they won't be surprised when they arrive for their forum.

I don't expect anything to happen, but I will be prepared for the wost case scenario.

Czygany
09-06-2004, 12:03 AM
...compared to caotic places such as Otakon (the vast majority of people I've met at AUSA before have been really cool calm people ...If you see someone starting up stuff just try to tell em to cool it or tell the appropriate staffers. Cooler heads will previal...

It seems that the concept of "cooler" could be the distinguishing watchword for AUSA *grin* ...perhaps it's all that swealtering heat that makes the Otacongoers all crazy-like *wink*

Darxim
09-06-2004, 12:54 AM
I'm also not expecting anything on the level of the soccer people at AMA. Those people were crass, brazen, and all-out rude. I wouldn't say they were rednecks, but they certainly acted like them. Their children were unfortunate victims of their behavior. I say this because some congoers were less than nice to the soccer girls because of all the trouble their parents were causing. The soccer girls themselves, at least the ones I had interactions with, were nice. They were walking around the convention, checking everything out. I think some of them may even be otaku, now.

Yeah, so I don't expect anything even close to that for us. The party who we're double booked with is much more civil than those people.

Maester Seymour
09-06-2004, 10:26 AM
I'm also not expecting anything on the level of the soccer people at AMA. Those people were crass, brazen, and all-out rude. I wouldn't say they were rednecks, but they certainly acted like them. Their children were unfortunate victims of their behavior. I say this because some congoers were less than nice to the soccer girls because of all the trouble their parents were causing. The soccer girls themselves, at least the ones I had interactions with, were nice. They were walking around the convention, checking everything out. I think some of them may even be otaku, now.

Yeah, so I don't expect anything even close to that for us. The party who we're double booked with is much more civil than those people.

i dont know anything about that whole thing, but im glad that you're confident there will be no clashings. ::mumbles something about this con being too far away (time-wise)::

Sorahana
09-06-2004, 12:09 PM
I REALLY hope there aren't any problems >_>. Because that............would be bad ><.
I'm just annoyed with how the general public treats cosplay (well around here anyway). People stare at you like you're a freak, and they whisper things to people they're with, and I find that disgusting. People with 5 bajillion piercings and tatos aren't called freaks (ok maybe sometimes) but we just wear costume when its not Halloween and that makes us freaks?
I've got a story. My friends and I sometimes cosplay to the mall. The first time I was with them to do that some guys said realy loud "ITS HALLOWEEN AGAIN! GAH!" >_<. That was insulting (well to me anyway).
And try having your family and friends fake interest in your hobby then laugh in your face. In school I had pictures of my costumes to show my "anime friends" and then these girls saw them and they got passed around class. My teacher showed interest but the class got all pain in the ass like and asked crap like "WHY DO YOU DO THIS?" and "WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?!". That just made me feel so pissed off. I HATE PEOPLE, end of story. And then with my family, my uncle laughs his ass off at my costumes and my aunt does sometimes as well. My cousin finds it interesting but he refuses to do it himself. And thank God my mom and dad think its a really cool thing, but that just started to develop. My dad can sew so he helps me with my costumes, and my mom goes with me to get stuff for them. At first she thought it was stupid and screamed about how expensive it was, now she accepts it (she wants me to do dresses but I keep telling her no and she gets a little mad sometimes hehe XD).
But the most in public we've gotten asked about the costumes are: "Are you going to a party?" or "What are you dressesd like that for?". Then again that might just be because this is Philly *shrugs* I dunno. Wow I rambled sorry bout that ^^;.

I just hope problems are avoided and people don't end up getting pissed at each other and stuff like that.

lunasreincarnat
09-06-2004, 12:57 PM
~People stare at you like you're a freak, and they whisper things to people they're with, and I find that disgusting.

~And try having your family and friends fake interest in your hobby then laugh in your face.

~But the most in public we've gotten asked about the costumes are: "Are you going to a party?" or "What are you dressesd like that for?".

wow, your lucky uou only get a stare and whispers! ha, you get out right made fun of around here if you wear something other then jeans and a t shirt. i live in frederick maryland (fred-neck) yeah its funna rednecks. so i cant help but expect the worse when thers gonna be a clash of cultures.

as for your family, aww that kinda sucks. my dad thinks its stupid but thats aobut it. my mom thinks its cool when i do orginal costumes. and my nana (who im very close with) loves anything i sew. she swears were soul mates ( when she wins the lottery shes gonna by me all the dollfies in the world!)

" why are you dressed like that" waht a beautiful question. never answer "because i feel like it" (even though you really mean it!) becuase some one will try to jump ya.

SailorMoonStar
09-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Heh. The public does suck. Lots of normal people in the outside world are going to judge you. It's going to still happen 10+ years from now. I was very gothic in high school... extremely judged. :( Basically the only think I never gave up was bright colored hair. Pinks, blues, greens, etc. I'm 21 and still get laughed at and pointed at, oddly most of the time it's by high schoolers. ~_~ It becomes less and less as you get out of high school, etc. (Never completely) Something to look forward to I guess.
Also, I think I slightly understand the whole soccer, redneck, con thing, a little. What the heck happened?

lunasreincarnat
09-06-2004, 01:02 PM
I think I slightly understand the whole soccer, redneck, con thing, a little. What the heck happened?

well i think people are getting it confused, they were redneck soccer people. it was to differnt incidents.

i heard about the soccer thing at another far off con. when soccer people who where in the same hotel were messing with cosplayers who just happened to walk by. but then again, i also heard some asses started shit too. but they really had no right o start shit with cosplayers.

the redneck thing is me and fireflys personal experience where we almost got jumped for just wearing egl dresses out in public.

SailorMoonStar
09-06-2004, 01:29 PM
Ooooooooh! I see. O_o Hopefully nothing similar will happen at ausa.

Darxim
09-06-2004, 02:28 PM
At the Cherry Blossom Festival in DC, these two girls were wearing these elaborate kimonos, done up all out. They were accosted by a random woman who dressed kinda like a bum, who asked them in a condescending manner "Why are you wearing that?" One of the girls replied in a manner far more condescending "Because it's beautiful." I guess the bum-looking woman didn't notice there was a whole Japanese-styled festival going on, with thousands of people in attendance, and all the events and booths.

People used to criticize me in high school for wearing a trench coat. The funny thing is that no one believed the truth about why I wore. I wore it because it was cold in there. Regular coats don't cover the legs any.

Kids make fun of people who wear business suits, too. Basically, anyone who's slightly different from them. There's no point in arguing with them about it, because they're too stupid to understand any point you could make. It's like they say: "Never argue with a stupid person. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Heh, life trolls.

Czygany
09-06-2004, 04:03 PM
hehehe...while I guess this thread has gotton way off topic from the intended room parties, I just could pass up adding my story to the off-topicness... :thumbsup:

People used to criticize me in high school for wearing a trench coat. The funny thing is that no one believed the truth about why I wore. I wore it because it was cold in there. Regular coats don't cover the legs any.

When I lived in Boston, I would always commute into work on the T, often standing around for very long times outside in the ice, frigid winds and accumulations of snow *grin*...my solution, layers! *duh* the outside layer being my very full, very purple, hooded wool cloak...but, as I would stand there waiting, invariably I would recieve these aghast looks or reproachful glares from my fellow commuters, shivering in their thin suits or pantyhosed legs...*sigh* I'd think to myself "geez, you look at me like I'm a freak but at least I'm warm and dressed for the weather. ya know, there's a reason people wore these things before they had synthetic fibers *roll eyes*"...*shake head* I guess I would have said something but my coffee had never kicked in that early in the morning... ...*sigh* people's narrow-mindedness never ceases to disappoint me...

Fireflystar
09-06-2004, 06:03 PM
I've got a story. My friends and I sometimes cosplay to the mall. The first time I was with them to do that some guys said realy loud "ITS HALLOWEEN AGAIN! GAH!" >_<.

Holyyyyy hell..yeah I would never cosplay in a mall. I'm fairly certain if Lunas or myself tried that around here, there would be a full on riot,haha. Cause the funny thing is, that yeah maybe we're in costumes dressed in lace and ruffles but we sure as hell don't sit and let people get away with much of anything. (Heh,specially me, I think I would say "WHAT was that?" if I heard someone whispering about me XD )

But yeah, I would expect a barrage of insults in a mall, where many many high schoolers and people obsessed with looking cool (within boundries) go.

I'm fairly sure the reason behind people saying stuff is that you basically lower your guard and any ice between you and strangers if you're in a costume. And people in costumes usually don't get treated with too much respect,ya know,hah. *Unless* it's within the boundries where it's permitted.
AUSA is such a place, so I'm not too concerned with this other group showing up because we outnumber them by far, so they'll be forced to roll with it. >D

Darxim
09-06-2004, 08:20 PM
But yeah, I would expect a barrage of insults in a mall, where many many high schoolers and people obsessed with looking cool (within boundries) go.
Not looking cool. Maintaining current trends. Most of them wouldn't know cool if you hit them with a block of ice. Sometimes I just want to say "You know, just because the clothes are fashionable doesn't mean they look good on you."

I'm fairly sure the reason behind people saying stuff is that you basically lower your guard and any ice between you and strangers if you're in a costume.
I think it's more the same reason people watch Jerry Springer. They want to feel better about themselves by putting themselves above someone else. It's an empowering feeling. Consequently, it also makes them look stupid to others, giving those others the same benefits with none of the drawbacks.

GingerKRGR
09-07-2004, 03:13 PM
You can bet we'll be throwing a room party. It will probably be Friday night since some people *cough us* will have to drive back Sunday. Driving for hours with a headache is NO fun.

-Ginger

lunasreincarnat
09-08-2004, 12:28 AM
ah yes, im sure well be tearing it up in my room with the early 90s music! lol!!

on another off topic note. Darxim: my friends are making me ask you. is this you in the pic?

SailorMoonStar
09-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Is anyone doing anything for Halloween evening? The con will be over, but I guess people might be sleeping/heading home....^^

lunasreincarnat
09-15-2004, 01:13 AM
ill be wearing my costume for halloween on sunday... but when i go home i dunnno what im gonna do cuase like i dont wanna be home and be acused of beating children again. so yeah.

SailorMoonStar
09-15-2004, 12:07 PM
That can't be good, heh... not at all.
If I can't go to some party or somewhere to hang out, I might go to some place to eat at 11-midnight-ish. I love going out for food in the middle of the night. ^__^

Mishima
09-17-2004, 12:48 AM
Room hop. It's the only way to get the fulll Exp.

Maester Seymour
09-17-2004, 01:44 PM
You guys and these room parties lol, I don't know how you guys would stay up so late. I mean, I can understand like midnight, maybe a little later. But I know im hittin the sack earlier because I need a long time to get into my saturday cosplay early. I dont like to be late going downstairs on the saturdays, prolly round like 10 I get down. and if i went to bed late friday, i wouldnt even get up til 10 ~_~

Darxim
09-18-2004, 12:16 AM
If I wake up, and I see that it's 10:00, I go back to sleep.

Fireflystar
09-18-2004, 01:12 AM
Heh,yeah..I like showin up late for everything at cons -_- Why? Because who likes sleepin early with all your friends? I'm constantly up till 4am or so being retarded and talking with the other people in my room until my voice is hoarse from discussing eveeeeery topic under the sun.

Oh,and yeah, I like to make people wait >D heh heh heh

Maester Seymour
09-18-2004, 01:15 AM
Heh,yeah..I like showin up late for everything at cons -_- Why? Because who likes sleepin early with all your friends? I'm constantly up till 4am or so being retarded and talking with the other people in my room until my voice is hoarse from discussing eveeeeery topic under the sun.

Oh,and yeah, I like to make people wait >D heh heh heh

ugh no! XD I dont like to mess around getting ready and stuff. I work too hard on some of my costumes to show it for the afternoon and evening. if there are morning hours of the con, im in costume and down being a picture whore as usual. XD and now for randomness.. :crest:

Fireflystar
09-18-2004, 01:33 AM
Heh, yeah you're like my friend Robyn (Lunas). She sets the alarm all early and gets ready, which usually takes awhile, and goes down as soon as she can.

I've tried to do this so many times, and every time I get up after like 3 hours of sleep I wanna puke @_@ I swear at Otakon, everyone was waiting for my dumbass to come strolling in half dead and I even missed one photoshoot that was at noon. Hahah,I couldn't even budget in noon! I'm -such- a nightowl, if I had my way, there would be photoshoots at like 12 midnight and stuufff.

But I really do get where you're coming from with the 'hey,I spent time and money on this, I'm gonna get some use outta it!" I was exhausted from wearing my Sailor Mars costume for like 4 hours, and came back to the hotel to get out of it, but..I decided to just fix my wig and go right back out for another 2 hours at least ^^; which was not an easy task in high heels. Nooo it wasn't..

But I don't plan on coming out of my room till like noon or one..and I really don't care if nobody takes my pics cause of it, heh *shrugs* maybe I'm gettin too old for this.

SailorMoonStar
09-18-2004, 06:56 PM
I'm a major nightowl too. It's hard for me to get out of bed at 11am or noon each day (I work late afternoon/evening). This is why I like eating dinner out at 2/3am, so much fun! Ooooh how I wish things would start at like 9/10pm-ish. I could so make anything like that... but, well... that's porbably not gonna happen. Well, not very often at least.

lunasreincarnat
09-18-2004, 10:52 PM
bawhhahhaa no matter where i am i dont go to bed before 3 am! even if i have to get up early! i can survive on 3 hours of sleep! for anime usa though... i dont see a real need to get up super early for it. ill br out and about around noon... friday on the other hand ill be there early since were probably comng to the hotel on friday insttead of thursday.

does anyone know if they let ya check in early on friday?

Shastar
09-19-2004, 11:52 AM
bawhhahhaa no matter where i am i dont go to bed before 3 am! even if i have to get up early! i can survive on 3 hours of sleep! for anime usa though... i dont see a real need to get up super early for it. ill br out and about around noon... friday on the other hand ill be there early since were probably comng to the hotel on friday insttead of thursday.

does anyone know if they let ya check in early on friday?

You can call the hotel beforehand and specificly request an early check in.

Dan

Sorahana
09-19-2004, 05:16 PM
ugh no! XD I dont like to mess around getting ready and stuff. I work too hard on some of my costumes to show it for the afternoon and evening. if there are morning hours of the con, im in costume and down being a picture whore as usual. XD and now for randomness.. :crest:

*lmfao at the random smiley* What does a smiley brushing his teeth have to do with what you said?! Anyway, I'm the same way.........I HATE not being at a con the whole time. For BAAF and AnimeNext, I had to leave early (had to leave the Sat. nights) *sigh* and that is hard on me because I love cons ALOT and hate to leave before it ends. Hence a reason I will hopefully be going down to AUSA on Fri. morning with my mom and maybe my aunt because I don't wanna be driving down when majority of the people will be getting there XD.
And I must do like I did for Otakon: spend 1-2 days before packing my costumes so I don't forget anything. Don't wanna have a repeat of Katsucon where I forgot my pants for Bankotsu and my mom had to run to Target to buy me a pair, and at AnimeNext I forgot my shirt for Marlene XD. So yea.......
And my room party must end.........before 12 >_>. I believe I'll be on "costume assistant" patrol on Sat morning so I need my sleep *lmao*. I'm too good of a friend to everyone........*glares at John* and YOU lol XD;.
Now for my randomness......... :jjacks:

Darxim
09-19-2004, 10:50 PM
*lmfao at the random smiley* What does a smiley brushing his teeth have to do with what you said?!
Don't you brush your teeth in the morning? :P

Sorahana
09-20-2004, 06:14 PM
Don't you brush your teeth in the morning? :P

Haha, yes I do XD. There's a newflash for you all! *roflmao*.

Darxim
09-21-2004, 03:54 AM
I was being generic.

Fireflystar
09-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Wow..I got the Anime Usa update in the mail and I didn't even know I was on it o.o

Anyway, so there's a concert Sat. night? I don't think it said what time, but I hope at night. That would be a good way to lead into a room party,hah.

And wowsers..the game room is open 24/7? Heh heh..I'm so gonna be there at like 1 or 2 am. Darxim, do you know if they have Karaoke Revolution 2 in there??

lunasreincarnat
09-22-2004, 12:51 AM
hehe ill be in the game room alot causes thers a friend of mine who works their @_@....

well if the concert is sat... like what time is the masq then or the rave? and if its friday will it interfere with the karaoke... my fav part of the con is da kara.

Mishima
09-22-2004, 03:00 AM
-bounces around- Party! Party! Party! Party! Party! o_o;;

Darxim
09-24-2004, 01:37 PM
There will not be Karaoke Revolution in the gaming hall. The gaming staff hated it last year, and refuse to have it again. Besides, it's kind of redundant, with the actual karaoke we do. Just show up for that.

Karaoke Revolution would be good at a room party. Although the last party I went to that had karaoke wasn't very good because of the karaoke. It's hard to socialize with karaoke going on.

lunasreincarnat
09-24-2004, 01:51 PM
no KR! its more fun the ral karaoke because you can sing songs you understand! hmph if i could id bring my playstation and play it in m room... but yeah its more my lil bros then mine.

Riji
09-24-2004, 03:27 PM
While the band is in main events, masquerade participants will be getting checked in, and looked over by the craftsmanship judges if they opted for craftsmanship judging.

So basically speaking, as far as you know, masquerade participants won't be able to see the concert?

Fireflystar
09-24-2004, 10:15 PM
There will not be Karaoke Revolution in the gaming hall. The gaming staff hated it last year, and refuse to have it again. Besides, it's kind of redundant, with the actual karaoke we do. Just show up for that.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, and by all means I'm sure there will be 3-4 DDR stations ><
That honestly suprises me, I remember there being one staff member who kinda hogged that game last year, I almost asked if it was her game or something and that's why she wasn't sharing -_-.

Feh...Robyn...nobody's gonna see me sing "Broken Wings" or "I believe in a thing called love" NOBODY.

hahaha...ah... :walkoff:

lunasreincarnat
09-25-2004, 02:28 AM
ack i know stacy! no one will see any of us sing >,< well be forced to try and sing stupid over done anime songs hurrah!

Fireflystar
09-25-2004, 10:09 AM
Can't wait to hear some Final Fantasy songs, never heard one of those before at an anime con, Grrrrrr.. if I hear anybody sing 'what can I dooo for youuu" ........

Fine fine, we'll just be forced to mumble japanese words on stage, but I can guarantee mine won't be overdone,heeheee

Darxim
09-26-2004, 03:46 AM
I wanna sing "Turning Japanese" by The Vapors.

Or maybe "Mr. Roboto" by Styx.

ZOMBIEgamer
09-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Yeah so anyway I know the guy who runs the video game this year and just in c ase anyone cares he rocks his name is Justin he's so hot!!!! ...

alright whatever so no one is buyin it hehehehe anyway if anyone has any videogame ?????'s ask since i am the vgGOD this year (other wise know as videogame coord_) oh and if you want KR bring it if you don't i'm sure someone else will

DDR ARCADE ON FREE PLAY 24/7 plus mad other stuffs good times for all

oh and i'm havin a room party, there will be alchool involved and costumes costumes or underwear (we'll be carding toooo most likely sorrry) or both .....yeah....or you have to just be hot. lol! anyway email me or ask on here email is better aim is best!!!
aim: ps2isbetterthanu just go a head an holla! beyatches (more to come)

ps.....i'll be they guy in black with long blonde hair
I'm not goth i'm just a Phr34k :P

(and i need a disclaimer since most of you people don't know me, )

the previous statements were not ment to offend or insult anyone of any kind.
ausa does not support the previuosly metioned body of text and as such the things written their in are not ment to be taken seriously unless i was being seious which never happens but if it had then you should seriously take me seious. peace out!

oh and i havent slept all day so i'm sure i have mad typos dont make fun of my typos tehy si my fiedn lol

videogame person of doom (ausa)
justin

Darxim
09-29-2004, 02:42 PM
I'm sure you've wooed all the women with that, Romeo.

gamergirlx
09-29-2004, 03:07 PM
I think I got a theme of "video games" out of that post... but I had to read it a couple times through. Well, I guess I won't be gaming alone... :razz:
And of course, I'll have my own supply of games in my room. I know I already have some friendly competition for Naruto 2 planned!

ZOMBIEgamer
09-30-2004, 10:58 AM
awsome!!! you think it worked!!! hot stufff!!! :rockon:

I'm sure you've wooed all the women with that, Romeo.

Fireflystar
10-01-2004, 11:48 AM
Wow, well thanks for the description of yourself *makes note*...

Hey,is anyone coming thurs. night? I think I wanna chill at the bar and have a smoke if it's permitted.. well actually I wanna do that basically every night,heh. Oh well, just wanted to know if it's worth it or not to stay Thurs. night

Act1 of Konoha
10-01-2004, 12:58 PM
I think I got a theme of "video games" out of that post... but I had to read it a couple times through. Well, I guess I won't be gaming alone... :razz:
And of course, I'll have my own supply of games in my room. I know I already have some friendly competition for Naruto 2 planned!

Naruto 2 on the GC or PS2, i havent played the PS2 games yet, and hopefuly i'll have some $$$ to get my PS2 a mod chip and games

Vorpin
10-01-2004, 02:13 PM

Hey,is anyone coming thurs. night? I think I wanna chill at the bar and have a smoke if it's permitted.. well actually I wanna do that basically every night,heh. Oh well, just wanted to know if it's worth it or not to stay Thurs. nightI'm sure smoking will be permitted at the bar, since it is Virginia. I will be making some frequent stops there as well. http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/smoking/rauch10.gif

Darxim
10-01-2004, 02:33 PM
I believe smoking is allowed at the bar. It's got that raised ceiling above it that's good for trapping smoke. Also, I don't recall seeing people smoking outside except when we were going somewhere.

I'll be there Thursday night. I'll be helping set up, though. I'll probably need a break at some point, though. I'm not staying at the hotel Thursday night, though. Basically I just didn't want to shell out the extra money. Maybe I should have, though. Last year I was there till 1:00am helping setup.

Vorpin
10-01-2004, 03:39 PM

Hey,is anyone coming thurs. night? I think I wanna chill at the bar and have a smoke if it's permitted.. well actually I wanna do that basically every night,heh. Oh well, just wanted to know if it's worth it or not to stay Thurs. nightI'm sure smoking will be permitted at the bar, since it is Virginia. I will be making some frequent stops there as well.

gamergirlx
10-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Naruto 2 on the GC or PS2, i havent played the PS2 games yet, and hopefuly i'll have some $$$ to get my PS2 a mod chip and games

GC. My friends have the PS2 version...cheaper to borrow games among friends than buy all your own.

Sorahana
10-01-2004, 09:07 PM

Oh I'll come to play your beautiful games my dear lol XD. Do you have any more anime goodness to show us on your laptop?! ^_^. Only..............28 more days *_*!!

Act1 of Konoha
10-01-2004, 11:16 PM
ok then gamergirlx, i'm pretty damn good in the GC one. and your right about geting them from friends, but i'm the only one with the freeloader for a GC and no one has a mod PS2 yet. but i'll still be the only one with it. . . so if you think you and stop the unstopable and AUSA then your on

gamergirlx
10-02-2004, 08:19 PM
Oh yes Amanda we'll play games and watch more videos...we'll discuss final plans for what eps/movies I need to bring at Kosaikon. :rockon:

Act1 - yeah, we'll see how good you really are...

Of course, if anyone wants to do the 4 for all, byo gc controllers!

Act1 of Konoha
10-03-2004, 10:36 PM
do worry i got my controller, it's been glud to my hand for a long time

lunasreincarnat
10-04-2004, 01:59 AM
woot! im exited! less then a month to go! gotta finish de costumes! i cant wait yo! ill be there thurs for sure now. so my room party will be like that night prob lol.

Fireflystar
10-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Did you just say...woot....? Follow me...we have to rid you of that

Heh..yeah,yeah, Thurs. night, this is gonna be lots of fun I know it

Act1 of Konoha
10-06-2004, 03:11 PM
i wont be there till Friday afternoon, damn job. if there are any room parties that night please let me know

Maester Seymour
10-06-2004, 05:59 PM
Did you just say...woot....? Follow me...we have to rid you of that

Heh..yeah,yeah, Thurs. night, this is gonna be lots of fun I know it

whats wrong with a little w00t? XD

Fireflystar
10-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Heh nothing...except..I find it odd how nobody says that word offline. As if it's far too shameful to actually speak it, hah, which it kinda iiiis -_-

Maester Seymour
10-06-2004, 10:38 PM
Heh nothing...except..I find it odd how nobody says that word offline. As if it's far too shameful to actually speak it, hah, which it kinda iiiis -_-

just for you, if we run into each other @ usa, im going to say the word w00t as mana---im not going to change that word, i meant to say many lol can you tell who im thinking about right now?? XD but yeah ill say it as manY times as possible just for you. :heart: XD

Act1 of Konoha
10-06-2004, 10:47 PM
just for you, if we run into each other @ usa, im going to say the word w00t as mana---im not going to change that word, i meant to say many lol can you tell who im thinking about right now?? XD but yeah ill say it as manY times as possible just for you. :heart: XD

ohhhh, sounds fun can i join Seymour? :crylaugh:

Maester Seymour
10-06-2004, 11:02 PM
of course! it can be a w00t party. just for her. XD

Fireflystar
10-06-2004, 11:06 PM
HEH HEH go ahead, and I'll just respond with LOL in real life, or ROFLMAO..how the hell am I gonna pronounce that XD

Maester Seymour
10-06-2004, 11:09 PM
HEH HEH go ahead, and I'll just respond with LOL in real life, or ROFLMAO..how the hell am I gonna pronounce that XD

XD! I'm just pullin ur chain. but you could be like "roffle- and then mao as in Mao Zedong, that chinese dictator guy. i think. lol. Rofflemao XD

Fireflystar
10-06-2004, 11:13 PM
oh daaamn I just remembered I had a dream and you were in it last night! Hahahahaaha, I gotta stop coming on here before I go to bed, this is like the 3rd time I've had a dream about something from this site X_X
You had the blue wig thing on, and you said something..blah,I remembered more when I woke up this morning. Fun fun..by the wayyy, I honestly do hope I see you in the Le Ciel Mana costume, haha Mana saying WOOT would make my day. hah

Act1 of Konoha
10-06-2004, 11:18 PM
oh daaamn I just remembered I had a dream and you were in it last night! Hahahahaaha, I gotta stop coming on here before I go to bed, this is like the 3rd time I've had a dream about something from this site X_X
You had the blue wig thing on, and you said something..blah,I remembered more when I woke up this morning. Fun fun..by the wayyy, I honestly do hope I see you in the Le Ciel Mana costume, haha Mana saying WOOT would make my day. hah

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
that aint nowhere near good. . .it happens to me alot :lost: fail

Maester Seymour
10-06-2004, 11:19 PM

hehe if only le ciel mana was even close to ready for ausa. it's my project from now til prolly feb or march. im gna work real hard on it. its debut is tekkoshocon 05, if you feel like seeing it asap. XD ill prolly post progress pix too. i wore my seymour wig in your dream. wow. lol. i say no more.

Darxim
10-07-2004, 12:45 PM
of course! it can be a w00t party. just for her. XD
w00t! w00t party!

bigwil
10-07-2004, 10:14 PM
w00t! w00t! just puttin in my input...sleepin for hours is for weak,take quick nap or cram caffine like sustance..and let choas and delirum set in.... :schitzo: ..Room Parties rules!!!..but first off..I hope I get there....cause this goin' to be my 2nd A-Usa!

lunasreincarnat
10-08-2004, 02:39 AM
stacy i say woot in person! hahah stacy when ever someone says woot to us we should say. " PLZ stop saying woot....THX u vry much!"

Act1 of Konoha
10-08-2004, 10:27 AM
:reverse: wOOt wOOt wOOt :reverse:

Fireflystar
10-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Oh you know I will, PLZ THX LOL..haha why are we the only schizzo's that think of this..

chibistarpower
10-08-2004, 05:31 PM
DOOM to you all, w00t,

Act1 of Konoha
10-08-2004, 06:46 PM
DOOM is cool, wOOt

Darxim
10-08-2004, 07:52 PM
w00t room party of doom?

Act1 of Konoha
10-08-2004, 08:56 PM
w00t room party of doom?
now thats the room party i want to go to :thumbsup:

Maester Seymour
10-08-2004, 09:29 PM
w00t room party of doom?

way to keep it on topic lol

chibistarpower
10-08-2004, 10:52 PM
heeeeeeeel yeah

lunasreincarnat
10-09-2004, 02:46 PM
christin stop saying DOOM!

Act1 of Konoha
10-09-2004, 06:05 PM
doom doom doom doom DOOM!!!

Fireflystar
10-09-2004, 07:12 PM
WTF is with DOOM?! that betta not be from invader zim cause that sheet is old,OLD! and..yeah..I'll say WTF in person too..just you wait..

By the way..who is having a room party anyway? Robyn..you and I should host one,haha you know I'm a good hostess, and we'll have a bouncer (Josh) and insane music..hah, I hope people like crappy songs from the early 90's... oh who knows really. I was just curious what everyone's doing, and I'm sure plans have changed from the beginning of this thread.
So maybe people can tell us their plans again ^^;

chibistarpower
10-09-2004, 10:35 PM
I see it now, wes gonna be blasting the family matters theme song alll night long, aight? dis shiz is gonna be off da hook guuuuuuuuuuurl, I should be the bouncer instead of josh hahah, I'm a stonger man than he'll ever be, MEOW

lunasreincarnat
10-10-2004, 04:50 PM
ya ok ill host it but im not supply anything food and shit like that! ha!

chibistarpower
10-10-2004, 05:00 PM
ya our room ghetto party, no food, no drinks, only come if your bored and you like listening to the full house theme and doin the riggy(awesome new dance move) :bigtu:

Fireflystar
10-10-2004, 05:42 PM
hahahaaaaaaaaaa, yeah..Robyn..maybe we should plan for our galla early? haha, um..christin..you like totally forgot the STEP BY STEP theme song..and New Kids On The Block music,CMON! heh. We do whateva we want whenever we want, and don't worry about us gettin in trouble, cause we'll just be back next year!
(Ok that was an overload of inside jokes..)

Mah,I'd throw a party but I can see me or Josh getting pissy.."Too many heads up in here!" and so on..plus, we're not the nicest or hospitable of people =_=; So yeahhhh

lunasreincarnat
10-10-2004, 10:27 PM
yeah i know stacy! to many heads up in this peace! new kids on the block. mexican jordan going to walmart! bawhahaha... early? we wont be donw thurs night early well be there around 7-8 ish. yeah! rock on!

chibistarpower
10-11-2004, 12:28 AM
ohohoohoh we own this thread now, just cause were so kool, WERD.

chibistarpower
10-13-2004, 07:57 PM
no ones posted here in 2 days so i'm posting, HA, werd to ya motha

lunasreincarnat
10-13-2004, 09:32 PM
yo yo why is the board dead now?

SailorMoonStar
10-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Everyone's working of their costumes, I guess. :P

Vorpin
10-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Time to stock up on sake for the con. I only have 1 bottle in storage currently. :drink:

Fireflystar
10-15-2004, 07:45 PM
no ones posted here in 2 days so i'm posting, HA, werd to ya motha

Best last words EVER. Last night's ruckus was all for you, baby :heart:

Um..room parties..hurraaaaaaaah!

Act1 of Konoha
10-15-2004, 08:10 PM
been gone for a few days, but now i'm back again. i see i didnt miss anything

Maester Seymour
10-15-2004, 10:14 PM
i dont think ill be coming back to this board til the con, really. lol. i have so much going on and my free time must be spent finishing kuja so... i'll cya'll at the con..cheer for me @ the masq. ^_~ and come to the rave to see my raver seymour! ^_^ bai

Act1 of Konoha
10-15-2004, 10:49 PM
i dont think ill be coming back to this board til the con, really. lol. i have so much going on and my free time must be spent finishing kuja so... i'll cya'll at the con..cheer for me @ the masq. ^_~ and come to the rave to see my raver seymour! ^_^ bai
good luck man, c ya there :bigtu:

gamergirlx
10-16-2004, 12:18 PM
There's always time for posting on the boards. lol!

Act1 of Konoha
10-16-2004, 11:31 PM
There's always time for posting on the boards. lol!
said the last preson to post. lol

Mandyness
10-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Almost ready for the con YAY! and it so soon. ^_^

lunasreincarnat
10-17-2004, 02:36 AM
Time to stock up on sake for the con. I only have 1 bottle in storage currently. :drink:

mmm sake, yeah that shits gross!

wee ill be at the masq too! hopefully not sick! hell ya! if ian comes we can have a party in muh room! hehe!

yeah ill barely be here too as well, why cause i dont feel like being here thats why! ha! and i have crap i gots to do!

Act1 of Konoha
10-17-2004, 02:23 PM
sake, hmmmmm, never had it b4, but when i do i'll never be able to drive again hahahaha

kids dont drink and drive

Fireflystar
10-17-2004, 07:56 PM
I'll stick around to be a thorn in everyone's side..wait..that's how I always am.

The days are getting so cold..I'm not steppin foot outside the con without changing, all my costumes are kinda summerish ;_;

Act1 of Konoha
10-17-2004, 08:32 PM
that happend to me at katsucon 9, i was strider and it was snowing out side. man that sucked to much i wanted to fight people just to stay warm

lunasreincarnat
10-18-2004, 02:51 AM
a few of my costumes are good enough for me to walk out of the con with with tou being cold or anything... some of them are like YE! stay in side! hahaha, room party with the josh mask!

Act1 of Konoha
10-18-2004, 10:37 AM
hey we only got a week

gamergirlx
10-18-2004, 11:22 AM
A week... NO, I still have lot's of work to do on my cosplays...
Actually, isn't it more like a little less than 2 weeks?

Vorpin
10-18-2004, 12:43 PM
mmm sake, yeah that shits gross!Sake is an aquired taste but I love it.

I am so fired up about the con. 2 more weeks!!!! :rockon:

Vorpin
10-18-2004, 12:45 PM
Actually, isn't it more like a little less than 2 weeks?I am mostly done with my costume. It will be somewhat ghetto since I couldn't get the right color cloak for larva, but it will have to do for my first real cosplay.
Yup, closer to 2 weeks and I really wish time would fly just now.
:dance:

lunasreincarnat
10-18-2004, 12:51 PM
I am mostly done with my costume. It will be somewhat ghetto since I couldn't get the right color cloak for larva, but it will have to do for my first real cosplay.
Yup, closer to 2 weeks and I really wish time would fly just now.
:dance:

ya know you dont have to double post. heh! i kind wish time would stand still for a bit, since im sorta tight on money(damn expensive digital cameras). that and some of my packages of stuff for my costumes havent came in the mail. im waitng for a prop some gloves and some high heels! a little more then a week to go! @_@

Fireflystar
10-18-2004, 12:59 PM
Oh I know, meanwhile my digi cam is still PROCESSING. For 4 days now, come ooon..
Yeah I'm glad we still have time yet, I need all the paychecks I can get it >< But it'll be so worth it. I have a feeling this might be my best con yet :jjacks:

Vorpin
10-18-2004, 01:51 PM
ya know you dont have to double post. Yah, I know, sorry about that, I was not paying full attention, was distracted :devil:
Ive saved some money far in advance though I can understand how annoying money problems can be. Ive never actually cosplayed before as an actual anime character, so I'm hoping my costume comes out ok.
Good luck getting the rest of yours together. :)

lunasreincarnat
10-18-2004, 02:27 PM
mine are basicly finished except for a few last minutes things, and the shit thats still in the mail. good thing i get paid this week all of it minus 100 dollars is going to the con!
STACY! this is gonna be the greatest one yet! bling bling bling dun doom dun dun !

SailorMoonStar
10-18-2004, 03:45 PM
Heh. I picked up my bottle of sake this past weekend. Also, picked up some peachtree as well. All I need now is some Vodka and some pineapple rum. I'm going to be soo happy.

Vorpin
10-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Heh. I picked up my bottle of sake this past weekend. Also, picked up some peachtree as well. All I need now is some Vodka and some pineapple rum. I'm going to be soo happy.Having variety is a good thing.
:) It looks as if we will be well prepared. I'm happy also since my friend who had cancelled will probably be coming after all. :jjacks:

Fireflystar
10-18-2004, 05:37 PM
Ya damn right it's gonna be the best con EVER. OMG Robyn,I am like totally meeting my online boyfriend radicalcoolguy there and we're going on our first date,like totally ROXX,OMG,I wonder what he looks like XD ^_^ ^^ *_* >< ;_;
I hope he likes me too. XD~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!

mmmm now that's satire!

Sorahana
10-18-2004, 06:30 PM
I'll HOPEFULLY have a cam for this (my dad got a replacement for the one that broke but he went and hid it >=O!!). And I must bring my fleece blankets so I stay warm >P lol.
I'm so psyched....NEXT WEEKEND! ^_~

Act1 of Konoha
10-18-2004, 07:02 PM
Actually, isn't it more like a little less than 2 weeks?
2 weeks, 1 week, i dont know i cant count anymore, i just know i work to much and get paid the same week as the con

Mishima
10-18-2004, 07:54 PM
Where are all the partys at now? Im left confused here.
With any luck I can pull an Insomniac and party hop all night.
:D

Sorahana
10-18-2004, 08:32 PM
People people watch the alcohol......I worry for you all ;_;! No honestly I do, remember to practice control ^_^.

lunasreincarnat
10-18-2004, 10:49 PM
ya drinking isnt all that! you can have fun with out it. i got f*ed up last year friday night, i dont think i will this year. ill be having too much fun to have to drink. weee!

SailorMoonStar
10-19-2004, 01:50 AM
Having variety is a good thing.
:) It looks as if we will be well prepared. I'm happy also since my friend who had cancelled will probably be coming after all. :jjacks:
I totally want to have a drink with you. ok? Try each other's different sake. lol. I'll be the obvious cracked out looking princess serenity...lol. :bigtu:

Vorpin
10-20-2004, 10:54 AM
I totally want to have a drink with you. ok? Try each other's different sake. lol. I'll be the obvious cracked out looking princess serenity...lol. :bigtu:Sounds like a good plan. I'll email or IM you before the con. I'll look like a guy in a blue silk kung fu outfit with long grey hair and a bear on friday and like Larva from Vampire Princess Miyu on Saturday, at least that is the plan. We should have a drink on friday.
:drink:

lunasreincarnat
10-21-2004, 08:51 PM
thurs night were making a music video at our room party bawhahaha! un nah nah nah nahhhhh

Act1 of Konoha
10-21-2004, 09:13 PM
seem like everyone whats a drink, which is fine with me, but is the sack of the law i hope anyone who drinks it 21 or can pass for being 21 (i dont care, i'm 20 and still drink) :drink:

Fireflystar
10-22-2004, 02:02 AM
Meh,I don't want a drink, mainly cause I have no tolerance for liqour and I don't need to have my guard down for any reason..seems like I skip the tipsy stage and go to full brown staggering drunk -_-
Hahah,music video, thugs n pimps, I can't wait to record all this!

Act1 of Konoha
10-22-2004, 06:25 PM
i never made it pass the tipsy stage, it seems like i stay there forever :drink: drinking and dancing :dance:, DDR oh ya. music, food, people i dont know, this is gonna be hella fun oh ya

Act1 of Konoha
10-31-2004, 11:20 PM
Where Was The Room Parties, I Missed Them... Nooooo!!!!!!

SweetLilium
10-31-2004, 11:35 PM
I dont think there were any XD

Act1 of Konoha
10-31-2004, 11:42 PM
:bigcry: watch out unhappy crying neko :bigcry:

lunasreincarnat
10-31-2004, 11:46 PM
we tried having a room party but someone called security on us bawhahah not even and hour into us being there on thursday night, so when we tried to have fun down stairs som like security gaurd with no green card (couldnt speak english) sent us to our room!

SweetLilium
10-31-2004, 11:48 PM
yeah, that sucked, i wonder if any one else got sent to their room by security on thursday night, it just does'nt seen fair.

Act1 of Konoha
10-31-2004, 11:48 PM
i was a gopher, so if i was there we might of beenable to stay down there (give a guy i lil bit of power and it goes to his head)

lunasreincarnat
11-01-2004, 12:19 AM
ya the guy like closed everything up on the mezza level and the staff was like no you cant and my friend has to amke signs and what not and they openeded everything back up but we were already back in our room efore that happened. the hotel security were like stupid this year. and i dont even wanna get into my fight with the check in people trying to get a new kety card cause i lost mine!

SailorMoonStar
11-01-2004, 12:42 AM
I dont think there were any XD
Hmmm... I got to go to one on Saturday, really fun. Only found it by chance/mistake. My friend and I were going down some stair case and realized you couldn't exit from them :(. So we had to run up a bunch of stair to our first avail. exit, which was the 5th floor.. well, trying to get to the elevator, someone stopped us and asked if we wanted to join the room party. Heh, we were like, "cool and thanks." It was awesome and everyone was really nice to us, heheh.
Well.... what/where was that "mini rave" thing about? I only nocited the sign because I knocked it over, lol and put it back.

Act1 of Konoha
11-01-2004, 12:50 AM
that aint cool. but i would of been no help till firday anyway