PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Mana's eyes...

Aku no Kokoro
07-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Yeah, well I'm hoping to cosplay him at Reactor '04, though I'm not exactly sure how to do Mana's eyes. @_@ I need tips, anyone got any?

kiniru_no_usagi
07-15-2004, 10:29 PM
This site gives instructions on how to do Mana's makeup: http://www.manawannabe.hk.st/ Hope it helps ^^

Aku no Kokoro
07-15-2004, 10:34 PM
This site gives instructions on how to do Mana's makeup: http://www.manawannabe.hk.st/ Hope it helps ^^

Yeah, I've seen that site before, but it doesn't really give tips for people who're white trying to cosplay Mana. @_@;; *tried the tips on that site, but it didn't look quite right*

kiniru_no_usagi
07-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I've seen that site before, but it doesn't really give tips for people who're white trying to cosplay Mana. @_@;; *tried the tips on that site, but it didn't look quite right*

Eheh, yeah same here :thumbsup: . I just didn't know if you had seen that site before. Sorry, I'm not so great with makeup. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, ehehe ^__^;

Aku no Kokoro
07-15-2004, 10:44 PM
Eheh, yeah same here :thumbsup: . I just didn't know if you had seen that site before. Sorry, I'm not so great with makeup. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, ehehe ^__^;

S'okay. I'll just continue my Google-searching. @_@;;

pink_killer
07-15-2004, 11:04 PM
You could always take the techniques they show on the site and tweek them to fit Caucasian eyes. I usually do it with a Diru style though which mostly consists of eyeliner or filling in eyeshadow around my eyes. I update myself with their style so I don't use lipstick as often but I sometimes use lipbalm or just powder over my lips to make them look pale with foundation.

I never really found use for the Mana style to be honest but I might when I go Gothic Lolita for Halloween ^^' Sorry I can't help much. Just stare in the mirror and pratice until you get it right..That's what I usually do @.@

Aku no Kokoro
07-15-2004, 11:05 PM
You could always take the techniques they show on the site and tweek them to fit Caucasian eyes. I usually do it with a Diru style though which mostly consists of eyeliner or filling in eyeshadow around my eyes. I update myself with their style so I don't use lipstick as often but I sometimes use lipbalm or just powder over my lips to make them look pale with foundation.

I never really found use for the Mana style to be honest but I might when I go Gothic Lolita for Halloween ^^' Sorry I can't help much. Just stare in the mirror and pratice until you get it right..That's what I usually do @.@

Yeah, that's what I think I'ma end up doing. @_@ Wonder how much make-up'll be wasted that way. LoL.

pink_killer
07-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Well I'm pale so foundation isn't that much of a problem except to hide blemishes and what not..Though I wasted enough eyeliner..just experimenting with it one time XD. Eyeshadow is easy though. Honestly, piece of rice cake ^.-

Aku no Kokoro
07-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Well I'm pale so foundation isn't that much of a problem except to hide blemishes and what not..Though I wasted enough eyeliner..just experimenting with it one time XD. Eyeshadow is easy though. Honestly, piece of rice cake ^.-

Well, looks like I'll be having fun with the eyeliner then. @_@ Ah well. Who knows... If I do a good job I might wear Mana's makeup all the time. XD LoL.

pink_killer
07-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Exactly what I do with my makeup :3 Though, Okaa-san doesn't really like it that much >.o But, can't please everyone now can we? I wish you good luck and happy practicing.

Aku no Kokoro
07-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Exactly what I do with my makeup :3 Though, Okaa-san doesn't really like it that much >.o But, can't please everyone now can we? I wish you good luck and happy practicing.

LoL. I'm quite sure my folks won't like it either. 'specially since I don't really wear makeup. XD Mom'll freak when she sees me with it on. LoL. And thanks!

Juu-Sama
07-21-2004, 12:48 PM
LoL. I'm quite sure my folks won't like it either. 'specially since I don't really wear makeup. XD Mom'll freak when she sees me with it on. LoL. And thanks!

actually, if you are doing beast of blood Mana there isn't really all that much to it besides getting good solid reference pictures and practice and practice and practice....I'm still in the "I'm trying my best" phase...but being asian, I suppose I have an advantage ^_^ with the flat on the face eyes.

Juu-sama