PDA

View Full Version : I want to be Naruto!

Restless Ninja
07-16-2004, 04:38 AM
Hey all, I'm trying to piece together a Naruto cosplay for Anime Reactor this year and I have no idea where to begin looking for patterns for the jacket and pants and such. Any ideas?

HardWorkGenius
07-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Patterns are pretty easy to find. Try any craft store like Rag Shop or Jo-ann Fabrics. They have catalogues of all the patterns that they have, which is convenient because you can see what the finish product is going to look like, sort of. Putting together a Naruto costume shouldn't be too hard. It's pretty basic. I just got done making Rock Lee's jumpsuit, actually, so I could give you some tips for the other parts of the costume, too! :bigtu: I know Naruto has that spiral on the back of his jacket, and if you're not all that skilled with sewing, you can go on eBay and buy one. Just search for "naruto cosplay" or "jounin patch". Everyone and their grandma has those lil' headband doo-hickeys already, but in case you don't, you can buy one on eBay for about $20, or make it yourself. Dark blue fabric + shiney silver fabric + Sharpie pen = Headband. :thumbsup: The shoes are fun to make, if you want to be acurate about it instead of using regular sandals. Then again, I'm not sure how much time you have. Just cut off the front part of a pair of boots. I recommend suede as opposed to canvas or smooth leather, because the paint won't flake off of the suede. Also, steel-toed boots won't work for this, obviously. Paint 'um blue with acrylic paint, about two coats, and that should be that. The pants and jacket will likely be easier to make than all the accessories that go with it! :p Let me know if you need anything else! And I want to see a picture of the finish costume, too! Good luck!

Restless Ninja
07-16-2004, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the tips. I was actually unsure how to go about doing the boots, so now I have some ideas. ^_^

HardWorkGenius
07-17-2004, 01:25 AM
Glad I could be some help! :bigtu: Don't forget... I wanna see the costume when it's done!! :love:

Digital Blush
07-17-2004, 01:38 AM
i can tell you how to make the shoes! just buy some normal sandals black or navy whichever. then buy a pair of black or navy socks (depends on what color you picked for the sandal) cut the toe part of like on the line and slide it over the sandal. fold the part you cut off over the shoe abit and hot glue it so it has that nice roll look ^^ also hot glue it abit on the bottom like between the sock and the sandal so it wont start coming off. good luck. ^^

--ahh sorry i didnt see that someone explained that already lol i'm such a baka. good luck though ^^ i decided i'm going to make a naruto costume too. >D as a suprise for my boyfriend who cosplays sasuke. :japanese schoolgirl laugh:

Restless Ninja
07-17-2004, 05:55 PM
I'll definitely let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks for all the tips so far.