PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest things that happened at AZ04?

Sh!bby
07-16-2004, 12:06 PM
I admit it, I didn't get to meet a ton of people or go crazy much.

However, I was highly involved in the 8th Floor Yaoi Photoshoot (tell me if you were there :love: ) and the Bishie Auction that got shut down (apparently it was too close to prostitution... :sulk: )

Pretty much, I played a minor role in some of the weird crap, but I'm very sure I missed most of it.

Pluu! Got any suggestions for stunts next year? I know it's a year away but hey some stuff takes planning :bigtu:

Finding Beauty
07-17-2004, 12:50 PM
I'm going to agree that the auction was one of the more bizarre things I saw when I gravitated in that direction from all the shouts. I wanted to buy someone. (We'd agreed to pool our money and buy Vash for a sick friend if he'd gotten up for grabs.)

I was also weirded out by the spatula ninjas until I got on here and found out what that was all about. ;)

Sh!bby
07-19-2004, 05:04 PM
I'm going to agree that the auction was one of the more bizarre things I saw when I gravitated in that direction from all the shouts. I wanted to buy someone. (We'd agreed to pool our money and buy Vash for a sick friend if he'd gotten up for grabs.)

I was also weirded out by the spatula ninjas until I got on here and found out what that was all about. ;)

Aww you should've suggested that! Hannah can get anyone to do whatever she pleases...she's vote-seducing chii :bigtu:

Spatula ninjas majorly confused me until Bishie explained it all...then I was just minorly confused.

Iku's prostitution-for-pocky sign....I've found pics of him while he had the sign, but not with the actual sign. :sulk: I want teh sign pics...

nixxer
07-20-2004, 10:55 AM
why is it when the great yaoi stuff happens Im not there...so unfair :( next year Im so going to stalk anyone doing anything yaoi....Im a sad person yes...but I need yaoi! grrrrr.....

fairel
07-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Spatula ninjas majorly confused me until Bishie explained it all...then I was just minorly confused.

-Attempting to confuse the masses... Mission Accomplished!

Once upon a time a group of people were just bored one day and decided they wanted to make really crappy ninja costumes. The only problem was they couldn't think of a good weapon to go along with it that they could run around with without killing themselves or other otaku. One of those people has a huge collection of spatulas (the reason for that.. is a whole other story) so they thought.... "spatulas are a good weapon.. we could like disturb lots of people... LETS DO IT!!"

the end.

I think the weirdest thing at the con was... When the everyone in the cosplay room started singing together.. and actually sounded freaking awesome. Row Row Row your boat... gently down the stream... ah good memories.

Finding Beauty
07-20-2004, 11:55 AM
why is it when the great yaoi stuff happens Im not there...so unfair :( next year Im so going to stalk anyone doing anything yaoi....Im a sad person yes...but I need yaoi! grrrrr.....

Worry not, two of my three costumes next year will involve yaoi somehow. ;)

Sh!bby
07-20-2004, 02:17 PM

I'll be sure to find people to organize yet another unofficial yaoi photoshoot. :bigtu:

Next year it'll be bigger and better! With more yaoi boys!!!

^_~ And lots of interesting poses.

Actually, when we get a little closer to AZ05 we'll get a thread going to organize the thing.

This year, Yuu Watase walked in on us... :thumbsup:

EnigmaticAngst
07-20-2004, 10:27 PM
Worry not, two of my three costumes next year will involve yaoi somehow. ;)

If there's a yaoi photoshoot again, you're being Tseng. =P

Unless, I find some pretty Asian in the Art department next semester to drag along and drop into a blue suit and sharpie on the dot. Then we'd spend the better part of the con snogging and making fangirls squee.

Sh!bby
07-20-2004, 10:42 PM
I was trying to organize another yami group. :P I know there's already a usual one but we'll try to form another and do battle-of-the-Yami. Here's what we have casted:

Tsuzuki: myself
Hisoka: Ikuchan. Because he's my slave and he has to XD.
Muraki: open.
Tatsumi: open, though Finding Beauty has shown interest.
Watari: POSSIBLY my sister, unless she backs out.

Please remember the three Y's:
Yaoi+Yami=Yummy

EnigmaticAngst
07-21-2004, 04:33 AM
I was trying to organize another yami group. :P I know there's already a usual one but we'll try to form another and do battle-of-the-Yami. Here's what we have casted:

Tsuzuki: myself
Hisoka: Ikuchan. Because he's my slave and he has to XD.
Muraki: open.
Watari: POSSIBLY my sister, unless she backs out.

Yaoi+Yami=Yummy

I'll do Muraki if you can get enough people together.

nixxer
07-21-2004, 09:30 AM
the singing while waiting was awesome, to bad my skit came before I could hear everyone doing the mario theme....I never thought people randomly broke into song in real life, its weird O.o but so much fun

I will be at the yaoi photoshoot, Im a crossplayer, so I'll be dressed as a guy...and I'll gladly do yaoi poses XD bwahahaha

Finding Beauty
07-21-2004, 06:30 PM

Yaoi+Yami=Yummy

Tatsumi is dependent upon whether I can find a decent wig for him. That, and I'm still waffling between Tatsumi and Oriya. If Anna decides to be Muraki, I'll probably break down and be Oriya instead of Tatsumi ... I'm not sure. I'm kind of short to be Tatsumi. Granted, I believe Oriya is the tallest of all of them, since in cast drawings Muraki is taller than Tatsumi, but Oriya's taller than even Muraki.

If there's a yaoi photoshoot again, you're being Tseng. =P

Am not. e.e; Well, maybe -- it depends on what day the photoshoot happens and all. Since I'll do at least two yaoiful costumes (as other people probably will?), maybe we should have more than one shoot. ;x

I dunno. I know I'm probably doing Selphie (who is not yaoi-related), the Blindfolded Unknown, I'll take Tseng's suit, and I'm teetering between Chaos!Vincent or a Yami no Matsuei character for the final one.

Sh!bby
07-21-2004, 06:49 PM
Tatsumi is dependent upon whether I can find a decent wig for him. That, and I'm still waffling between Tatsumi and Oriya. If Anna decides to be Muraki, I'll probably break down and be Oriya instead of Tatsumi ... I'm not sure.

Whichever ^_^ Aside from the wig, Tatsumi's a really easy costume. Oriya's a bit more of a challenge unless you're a talented seamstress...which i'm not XD

I will be at the yaoi photoshoot, Im a crossplayer, so I'll be dressed as a guy...and I'll gladly do yaoi poses XD bwahahaha.

Great! Bring a mob! ^__^ More the merrier!

I'll do Muraki if you can get enough people together.

Workin' on it! ^_^ Muraki=molestation=YAY!

Finding Beauty
07-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Whichever ^_^ Aside from the wig, Tatsumi's a really easy costume. Oriya's a bit more of a challenge unless you're a talented seamstress...which i'm not XD

Tatsumi would be easy, but I kind of got disenchanted with the whole wandering-around-in-a-costume-that-looks-like-street-clothing thing when I cosplayed Tseng. People thought I came from a board meeting or something. Especially when I was toting the iced latte.

Oriya, I can definitely make the kimono (the pattern's not hard at all), but I'm iffy on getting the flower design down, or for that matter, finding the right material. The obi is also kind of odd, considering the black and white checkered pattern looks a lot better in animation than it does in real life.

Oriya has the problem of the wig as well, but I was thinking of making the mask he's got in the picture I'm attaching and carrying it around. ^_^

Overall, though, a lot of it's just a matter of deciding who I'd be more convincing as. I think I definitely had the Tatsumi look down today; I should've taken pictures before I changed clothes.

Sh!bby
07-21-2004, 10:11 PM
Tatsumi would be easy, but I kind of got disenchanted with the whole wandering-around-in-a-costume-that-looks-like-street-clothing thing when I cosplayed Tseng. People thought I came from a board meeting or something. Especially when I was toting the iced latte.

x_X Believe me I know the feeling. It's more recognizeable with a group. Especially one involving Muraki...

Oriya, I can definitely make the kimono (the pattern's not hard at all), but I'm iffy on getting the flower design down, or for that matter, finding the right material. The obi is also kind of odd, considering the black and white checkered pattern looks a lot better in animation than it does in real life.

Kimono itself=easy (for you, not me x_X) pattern=odd. o.O;;

Oriya has the problem of the wig as well, but I was thinking of making the mask he's got in the picture I'm attaching and carrying it around.

Wigs...I'm actually pretty good with wigs. o.O as long as you can find the correct color and length, and supply me with any needed ribbons, etc, and that pic, I can do it for you.

Overall, though, a lot of it's just a matter of deciding who I'd be more convincing as. I think I definitely had the Tatsumi look down today; I should've taken pictures before I changed clothes.

Redress and gimme pic!!! ^_~

EnigmaticAngst
07-21-2004, 10:58 PM

But ... that was the idea.

And yes, you did.

Finding Beauty
07-22-2004, 09:54 AM
x_X Believe me I know the feeling. It's more recognizeable with a group. Especially one involving Muraki...

I get that impression. But I don't want to always be hanging on top of my group. (No offense to anyone that might involve.) And I'm sure they won't always want to be with me.

Kimono itself=easy (for you, not me x_X) pattern=odd. o.O;;

Yeah ... I can't figure out what's with the checkered obi. I'd also want to make -- I don't know if there's a name for it or what said name is -- that one thing he had draped across his shoulders.

Wigs...I'm actually pretty good with wigs. o.O as long as you can find the correct color and length, and supply me with any needed ribbons, etc, and that pic, I can do it for you.

I think my issue will be finding the right color, length, and thickness. Oriya's got a lot of hair. I'll be afraid if someone snags me it'd come right off. ;x I'm absolutely no good with hairstyling, though. All I really know how to do is wash and blowdry without it turning into an absolute mess, and some minor curling.

Redress and gimme pic!!! ^_~

I'll take a picture Saturday, which I'm sure is the next day I'll have to work. Since I was in my work clothes yesterday.

Sh!bby
07-22-2004, 12:47 PM
I get that impression. But I don't want to always be hanging on top of my group. (No offense to anyone that might involve.) And I'm sure they won't always want to be with me.

I'm making several costumes next year...the Yami group would probably be for a few hours on Saturday...enough to annoy people and get fan-raped, then into another costume :bigtu:

I think my issue will be finding the right color, length, and thickness. Oriya's got a lot of hair. I'll be afraid if someone snags me it'd come right off. ;x I'm absolutely no good with hairstyling, though. All I really know how to do is wash and blowdry without it turning into an absolute mess, and some minor curling.

Well, we have almost a year ^_^ As for the snagging...pinning at the hairline has become my specialty since this year >_>;;; (kikyo wig...thick, long...and VERY weighted-down in the back) And Oriya's hair is mostly loose and wavy...that i can do! :bigtu: