PDA

View Full Version : Knifes and other sharp points objects

Kurai-Akuen
07-16-2004, 05:50 PM
so i know that a post is up about weapons, but do knifes apply? Cus ALICE from the computer game has a knife, and i don't know if that counts. I've gon to the con for a LONG time, but i don't think there has been really any problems before, but i think a knife might not be allowed. cus think, swords and such are like, well bigger than the thing im gonna be carrying around, an meebe not as sharp....well, what do you think??? :sulk:

Inu1
07-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Well.....Im not sure. its probably not the best idea to carry a real knife around all the time especially in the exhibit hall...there isn't all that much room and ya don't wanan accidentally stab someone ^.^; you should probably keep it in its lil sheath if you have one unless you are posing for a picture or something...but besides that, and Im just guessing >.<; it should be alright..i mean there are lots of exhibitors selling swords and knifes but Im not really positive so...erm.... SOMEONE ELSE POST! :waaaah: i don't wanan be the reason its confinscated

Dark Vision
07-17-2004, 07:04 AM
a knife is a weapon, a knife is much more dangerous as weapon then say a sword, also its concealable. If its live steel, its a no no. No waving around, no walking with it, no showiing it off. Get a cheap prop knife and security won't take it away from you or just simply tell you to put it back in car or hotel. Lots of people do wear prop metal knifes, but are usually sheathed and peace bonded to the sheath and to the belt.

So if you're doing the alice video game and you want the knife to be in the picture, it's gonna have to be fake.

Also if its small and metal, it doesn't have to be sharp to hurt some one.

Kusanagi
07-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Comic-con is one of the more lenient cons when it comes to allowing weapons, but yes, they will definately peace bond it so it won't come out of the sheath, real or fake. I had to get special clearance to draw my sword on stage during the masquerade.

Kurai-Akuen
07-17-2004, 04:32 PM
darn..now i have to get a fakey knife...do you think like party city is a good place, that might still have em?? any one know where i should go?

FlameSniperRei
07-17-2004, 08:24 PM
They actually sell sheathed knifes AT the con itself. :)

Rogue Marvel
07-17-2004, 09:25 PM
yeah but she is going to be alice so she will need it out...

you should be able to get a prop butcher knife at any costume store.

or get a piece of wood and have it carved in the right shape and paint it

Inu1
07-18-2004, 01:06 AM
im sortta a newbie so im kinda clueless so.. um... what the hell is peace bond?

Midnight Rocket
07-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Yeah, I'm getting my Alice costume done and I just am gonna find a plastic/rubber knife from like a toy store or something...

Dark Vision
07-18-2004, 07:04 AM
Peace bonding

Basically making it somewhat fool proof so it doesn't hurt someone else. Animagic does this by wrapping a piece of blue tape around some part of the weapon(i always carry blue masking tape with me at animagic now lol). comic con, uses zip ties, and ususally for more realistic weapons its zipped tied to the costume and of course the weapon too. Then tied with a red ribbon to show that were checked the weapon for inspection to security. If you have big obvious wooden props like i do, there's no way they can zip tie stuff to my costume LOL.

comic con is really the worse when it comes to peace bonding in terms of the convention circuit. When dark vader can't pull out his plastic light saber, its just wrong.

Kurai-Akuen
07-19-2004, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I'm getting my Alice costume done and I just am gonna find a plastic/rubber knife from like a toy store or something...
hey, did you find black and white striped tights? if so, where did find em, cus i've looked EVERYWHERE and i cant find em.

Midnight Rocket
07-20-2004, 12:54 AM
Hmmm...I had seen people wearing those but I didn't know she actually wore any. I just thought she was wearing her knee high boots. I do have some though...I got them at Hot Topic.