PDA

View Full Version : New Hope for AX masquerade waiting list

Dark Vision
12-04-2002, 07:10 PM
According to the AX Masquerade coordinator they're adding ten more groups to the list. Meaning those at the waiting list from 1 to 10 are in. Woohooo. I'm pretty esstatic since i'm number 10 on the waiting list. Infact she says that adding 10 is just playing it safe so adding more is a possibility. She says that a huge time comsumer is the emcee's "blurb" for each group. So this gives new hope to those waiting at number 20 and so on.

Its great now to seriously prepare.

Celine
12-04-2002, 07:37 PM
If you're on the list at all, you have a decent shot at getting in. They were recruiting the week of, and at con (or so I heard) last year for participants because there are a ton of dropouts. There is still plenty of time... so don't worry about it! ^_^

Spooky Brew
12-04-2002, 07:39 PM
Kusanagi and I are number 29 on the waiting list, so that's awesome to hear!

Alaria
12-05-2002, 01:29 AM
Celine, do u know if u can be in more than one group for Masquerade if ur only judged for one, 'cause another group needed help with a side character?

Celine
12-05-2002, 04:55 PM
Alaria- I would double check with the masquerade coordinator. She's good at responding to email quickly. I *think* the answer is yes because a friend of mine entered both competitively and non-competitively. However, her non-competitive group was a performance group, I think... so the rules might be different. Double check, and keep in mind that you'll need to be sure you have enough time to change!

FlameSniperRei
12-05-2002, 06:18 PM
Omigosh we're 1-10.. i hope we get in!!!!

Dark Vision
12-05-2002, 07:39 PM
Go check the new list on the AX site. it has 60 entries now. I hear they're considering adding more as they find new time cutting techniques.

Miaka No Baka
12-08-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Alaria
Celine, do u know if u can be in more than one group for Masquerade if ur only judged for one, 'cause another group needed help with a side character?

Alaria: generally they tend to not allow that, but if it's something where you are in a judged group and an exhibition only group they might allow it. One thing that will cause a problem is the length of time between the exhibition only group and the judged group. If you're not wearing the same costume for both it might be a little hard to get changed into the one for your judged group. But if both groups are for judging they won't allow it. It's kinda like stuffing the ballot box and what'll wind up happening is both groups you're in will be dq'd even if you're in 2 different costumes. But always ask the coordinator she's very friendly and helpful and perhaps you can work something out with her. I was wondering the same thing too cause I've got 2 majorly cool ideas to do for a skit for AX and was wondering if my group can go on twice once for exhibition and once for judging, and the skits would be totally different costumes and everything so who knows ^_^;

For those still on the waiting list: don't dispair plenty people drop out and sometimes the coordinator finds out they can cut some excess time out of the show and allow more entries in. So keep up with your costumes and skits for AX cause who knows u might get in ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

L to the 3rd
12-09-2002, 10:36 PM
yay ok we're finally in! (Not under S*J though ^.^)