PDA

View Full Version : Cheza makeup- what am I doing wrong?

ShatteredSunset
07-17-2004, 02:41 PM
I notice some people here with a lot of talent in applying makeup. I'm doing the 'withering' version of Cheza, but my concerns are more with the normal makeup under it all... In other words... I don't like how my test came out, and please can you help me figure out what to do? Thanks~

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=168478&sort=1&cat=500&page=1
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=168477&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

JunJun
07-19-2004, 12:04 AM
I don't know who Cheza is, but if the descriptive term "withering" is any clue, you look far too alive. Here is my advice for looking more dying: Tone down the lip color to a peachy neutral, wear a foundation a shade or so lighter than your real color, highlight powder instead of blush powder, and perhaps apply darker neutral tones to your eyes instead of pink and white, to give a sunken look.
Also, if you're short enough, pose yourself so that you look up at the camera when being shot. Your eyes will look bigger and wider, which will give you a more sad and dramatic expression. but don't smile lol.
Hope i was under the right assumption as to Cheza's look.

ShatteredSunset
07-19-2004, 02:43 PM
You were a bit, gomen, I should have supplied a picture. But there are very few of her from the later eps when she's all w-wither. ^^' Anyway, the closer up picture was when something got in my eyes and I was about to cry, hence the weird watery expression XD

Tess
07-19-2004, 03:48 PM
I don't really have any constructive criticism, as I think it looks amazing. You make a beautiful Cheza. You've made me want to try out her makeup. ^____^

@-->--- Tess

nekhochan
07-19-2004, 04:33 PM
I'd say use some foundation that will make you look like you are VERY sick. A tone or two too light for you. Even investing in some Ben Bye makeup called "Vampira". And then when you draw the lines, shadow around them to make them look a bit raised or 3 dimensional. Like make the outlines of the lines in darker color, then inbetween the lines do a light color so they appear raised. And the softly smudge the outside dark lines to make it look more natural. I'm guessing you are trying to make the "whithering" lines look KINDA like veins almost? (Like the side of Edea's face from Final Fantasy 8?)

ShatteredSunset
07-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Hm... They aren't really raised or anything in the anime >_> Though I could probably do that for extra effect. .. Here, this works:
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/shatteredsunset/pics/26-23.jpg Hopefully it works anyway.

mikazuki
07-20-2004, 03:30 PM
It's the pencil you're using. I think the reason you don't like your test makeup is simply because it looks to be drawn on. I suggest doing the makeup again but once you draw on the lines to take a makeup sponge or eyeshadow applicator and smudge the lines a bit to soften them. Don't smudge it so it looks smudge, just lightly smudge it so it's some what blended if you get my drift. Also once you get it to look just right set it with a light loose (rice) powder to get that look she has in the pic your provided.

I've seen that lavender color of lipstick before at Target. I think it's from the NYC line. Also because your eyelashes seem a little light apply a dark brown mascara to bring them out, as you see from the anime pic she has rather thick eyelashes.

Overall, your makeup job is good. The lines were drawn very nicely and I bet it's time consuming to do it. You're not off track with your makeup so keep trying until you get the look you want.

topleka
07-20-2004, 08:47 PM
Oh, the lines look good. But I'd say make the skin much paler, even an unreal color. Cheza has always been rather pale, being that she's a flower. And the lines should be clearer and more defined, so either use a sharper pencil, or use liquid eyeliner or something. Then use something to blot it out and blend more with your skin so it fades. Making it stand out like veins would probably help a lot, even though it doesn't stand out very much in the anime.

ShatteredSunset
07-22-2004, 01:57 AM
Thanks for your suggestions-- My lashes never seem to take definition no matter how much black mascara I cake on, but the one time I tried fake lashes, it was laughable.