PDA

View Full Version : How to make oversized Naruto scroll?

waste0fcarb0n
07-18-2004, 11:15 PM
Can anyone give me tips on how to make an oversized scroll like the one in Naruto for a Sakon cosplay, and how to attach it to the back all tilted-like just like Sakon? Thanks!

http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/animeclubkiddie/068044.jpg

Digital Blush
07-18-2004, 11:52 PM
well making the scroll you could get one of those cardboard scrolls they have and paint it and such be crafty! lol and you can put a lid on it and the bottom but make sure to hot glue it or superglue it so it wont fall off then put a sort of screw at the top with a hook so you can attach a rope to the top and bottom. i hope that helps.

deekblues
07-19-2004, 12:09 AM
PVC pipe or a big cardboard shipping tube seem like they'd be a good base. I'm not sure how you'd attach it without a rope though.

Wakusei
07-19-2004, 12:29 AM
I can give a suggestion, of course this would mean that you could not remove the scroll from the costume as easily.

Drill some diagonal holes in the scroll (you must be able to reach inside it) and then attach a mounting bracket. The mounting bracket should be made of a very sturdy material and sewn into the sash which you wear like a belt. This will not be much for support and the scroll will have to be very light.

Given time I would be able to design a frame for wear beneath the costume. That frame would give support to the scroll, but like I said it takes time to come up with a working design. If you plan to cover the scroll in fabric then you always sew it onto the outfit.

GiantSatanRobo
07-19-2004, 11:06 AM
I've seen them made out of those rolled-up bamboo mats around a mailing tube with heavy paper or card stock around the outside. I think someone on here made one sorta like that.

ash_chan
07-20-2004, 04:04 PM
If those ideas don't work, you could always make a plushie scroll! ^_^

iaShakezula
07-17-2011, 03:45 PM
roll up some soft foam, hot glue together,use canvas fabric for the scroll .

I say the lighter the better .

grimpirate
07-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Seriously, you should search the Cosplay site first
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=235115