PDA

View Full Version : Kite!!

nekochan
12-05-2002, 02:13 AM
people keep telling me that Kite is soooooo good.. but i couldn't even get past the previews and AMVs.. they're so scary and bloody.. i don't know how i can get past the violence and gore to the "EXCELLENT PLOTLINE" that it supposedly has.. not even online translations w/out pictures can help me.. because i can see it in my head.. i'm just wondering.. what did everyone else think of it??

SleepingKirby
12-05-2002, 02:16 AM
Glorified Hentai, that's about it, really. The story isn't that good. The anime and art is exceptionally well, but in the end, it's still a hentai. You're not missing out on much. Trust me.

Carmila
12-05-2002, 11:12 AM
Kite was ok. I mean I have heard the director's cut is better, but I don't know.

peacecraft
12-05-2002, 11:14 AM
I was desperately underwhelmed by Kite. Nothing in it I haven't seen before.

Cassandra
12-05-2002, 11:20 AM
I kinda liked Kite. It wasn't bad...but it's not one of my faves either. And honestly, if you can't get past the blood in the beginning, don't even bother trying to watch the rest. It doesn't go away.

From what I heard, the director liked the "cut" version better than the original. (The cut version isn't missing much....pretty much just an underage sex scene.)

arisuchan
12-05-2002, 01:31 PM
the only good thing about Kite was the main characters outfit, which is why i rented it. I really wish I hadn't been sucked in by her school girl-ish costume. I really hated it.

Carmila
12-05-2002, 04:15 PM
I think Kite is like Blood the Last Vampire. You either like it or hate it, there really is no grey in this!

KANEDA
12-05-2002, 04:57 PM
you people just don't understand Umetsu's work. ^_~;``
he's a genius.
and A KITE is not hentai!

and yeah that's right! it's really called "A KITE".

BOOOYAH!

Carmila
12-05-2002, 05:04 PM
Yeah.

We do understand, but it just isn't that interesting.

Lil Dreamer
12-05-2002, 05:10 PM
heh heh **agrees with Camilla**

yeah, we just don't really care much for it.

Nipple. :)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
12-05-2002, 05:39 PM
I liked Kite...it was a fun, melodramatic, bloody piece of work. but it gets too heavy sometimes..

Mei Lan Chang
12-06-2002, 12:46 AM
I rather liked Kite myself. I wouldn't classify it as a "hentai" since there was an actual plotline that yes. I did. Like. It was very graphic and I am sure sent many a teenage boy into the shower, but somehow the "mature" scenes were deadening rather than arrousing. Perhaps you need the naughtiness of the director's cut to know what I am talking about.

KANEDA
12-06-2002, 05:27 AM
well just how much of Umetsu's work HAVE you seen?

nails
12-06-2002, 12:18 PM
I saw that fully uncut uncensored version, and its pretty bad. I prefer the cut that Anime Works origionally made to Kite. I do not need all of the hardcore sex, let alone guys with 10" wangs. Mezzo Forte was even worse. I suggest you find the cut version to enjoy kite, its a great anime.

SpPANDA
12-06-2002, 02:08 PM
i dont like it... it's just a story of a girl... raised by molesters to kill molesters... its retarded.

the free fall scene was cool