PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Picnic, South Jersey

LyLy-chan
07-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Hi all! I just wanted to let everyone know that a small cosplay picnic is being planned for Sewell New Jersey on August 21st. Here's the website to visit for more info. http://starlit-dreams.net/picnic If anyone is planning to attend please leave a comment or send an email to address on the site.

Thanks!

Shinobu
07-20-2004, 10:58 PM
yAY!
I havnt posted here in a while guys, but if you remember me, I'm going! I wont be able to make it to Otakon, but I hope to see everyone there!!!

pink_killer
07-21-2004, 12:44 AM
This is interesting. I never been to a cosplay picnic before. But I'm not sure if I can go, however, I'll discuss it with my mom and see how it goes n.n I'll post you back on an update. If I do go, though, I'll be probably cosplaying Kei from Moonchild. I need to introduce that costume to the world.

AlacLGane
07-21-2004, 01:10 AM
Oooooooooh... Picnic. I call Naota. ^_^ lol

evilchii
07-21-2004, 09:32 PM
yay! since i'm in sewell every other day to begin with, count me in ^_^

sailor-moon
07-21-2004, 11:58 PM
well that sux O_o me and like...10 other girls have a Sailor Moon photoshoot to attend that day ;__;

Shinigami_Mimi
07-22-2004, 12:17 PM
I wonder how far this is. X.x I live in Nothern NJ close to NYC. So I don't know how far this city would be. But it sounds cool. ^^ Lol. Maybe if I find out how far, I could go. XD I'm trying to put together a Fuji from Prince of Tennis cosplay together for another picnic.

pink_killer
07-22-2004, 03:30 PM
I wonder how far this is. X.x I live in Nothern NJ close to NYC. So I don't know how far this city would be. But it sounds cool. ^^ Lol. Maybe if I find out how far, I could go. XD I'm trying to put together a Fuji from Prince of Tennis cosplay together for another picnic.

Try Mapquest.com or uhm..AAA..but you have to be a member to get directions from those bimbos ~~ I tried and they're all "Please become a member today to get directions!" Psh.

Sorahana
07-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Whoa its not far from here at all *O*! I'm intersted but I'll have to see if I'm available that day!! Sounds awesome!

pink_killer
07-22-2004, 08:27 PM
AMANDA! Omg, if you go I'm so gonna convince my mom to let me go! We could meet up sooner than PhilCon then >D! Woo!

Shinigami_Mimi
07-23-2004, 01:20 PM
Pink_killer: That's odd. X.x I got directions from them before without being a member. Maybe they changed again. What ppl do for money. -_-;;

Lil
07-23-2004, 02:32 PM
-_-0 I'll be at Pennsic during that time DRAT!!! Finally something close and I can't go. Sigh......

pink_killer
07-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Pink_killer: That's odd. X.x I got directions from them before without being a member. Maybe they changed again. What ppl do for money. -_-;;

My mom told me they did that to her once and when I tried, they didn't cough any up either. If you find them though, could you share? n.n'' I have family in Sewell and I know the area (kinda) but I don't know where the Park is. I have an idea but not exactly 100% sure.

Spiffy
07-23-2004, 03:21 PM
Hmmm...none of you people know me, I don't think...but I live in South Jersey, so maybe me and some of my friends can go... =o

EDIT: Or wait...do you have to be a member of that group to go?

pink_killer
07-23-2004, 07:10 PM
I don't think so. I mean, I'm not part of a group or anything. I'm just a simple solo cosplayer looking for a good time~..

Shinobu
07-23-2004, 09:15 PM
You don't need to be part of their cosplay group....They're just a group of friends that formed their own. ^^;
I'm 'officialy staff', so obey me! hahahaahaha j/k

I decided on cosplay as Tomo from Azumanga Daioh. I'll see you all there. (It's a beautiful park btw.)

Sorahana
07-23-2004, 09:19 PM
Nah I think I won't obey you lol jk. What exactly is gonna be happening at this? Details...........give us *_* (and yes I did look at the site lol).

Shinobu
07-23-2004, 09:36 PM
Nah I think I won't obey you lol jk. What exactly is gonna be happening at this? Details...........give us *_* (and yes I did look at the site lol).

Well the other night I talked to Ally about it, and so far, there will be games (I suggested throwing darts at a Miaka cut out, but that may not happen) and from wat u read on the site, yes- skits and walk ons, photos and food. I think Ally should give all the details since it's HER picnic. ^^;;

The last time I went to that park was a couple years ago, but from what I remember, it was big and really gorgeous landscaping. It's a perfect place to take pictures. On top of that, there are nice pavillions and lots of things to play on. XD Paths thru the woods, etc etc.

And...if u like it or not, u must obey the Tomo-chan! Or I will....bop u!
No, actually I can't do anything at all. ._.

pink_killer
07-23-2004, 09:54 PM
Shinobu - Do you mind if you could borden my horizon on what exactly "picnic" type of food that should be? I mean sure, peanut butter and jelly, but what other sorts of things? I mean, if everyone brings that, then we might have a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwitches to snack on..or..feed the birds.

Plus there could also be some people who don't like it, too. -Not really fond of jelly, but likes peanut butter.- And if we're gonna be running around too, I doubt that would really keep us content for too long of a time. Maybe I can bite a few people but, I dunno about you >>..

Also - Skits? Does this mean we have to prepare something? e.e

LyLy-chan
07-23-2004, 10:15 PM
Hi guys! I'm really really happy all of you are interested in the picnic! I haven't made to many finalized plans, but there will be lots more details after I get back from Otakon, so look for them on the site and here the 6 or 7 of August.

As for skits and what not, no one has to do anything, but I think it will be really fun if people came up with some cute short skits, and there will be prizes of some sort for best costume and best skit. So more incentive to do something!

Food. Anything you eat at a BBQ, fruit salad, macroni salad, etc, etc. I'm not sure how storage is going to work, so stuff that can be room temperature is going to best. However, I will be supplying coolers for drinks, so if you bring a drink, no worries it should stay cold. In fact now that I think about it, I'm sure we can get a cooler for some of the food too. So anything that needs to stay kinda cold will also be ok. Just let me know what you're planning to bring and I'll do my absolute best to make plans accordingly.

Thanks you guys for your interest.

PS- If you're looking for more info about the park, you can visit their info site below.
http://www.twp.washington.nj.us/self/parksandrec_facilities.htm

PPS- The Cosplay Picnic (http://starlit-dreams.net/picnic) has been updated and has a bit of information on it for you guys too.

Shinobu
07-24-2004, 09:56 AM
Yayness! now I just need to finish my costume and write a skit...or monolouge o_o

pink_killer
07-24-2004, 11:49 AM
Mom said we can go for certain now (yay!) but I have a problem or more of just a little situation. My character sorta, er, doesn't have "monologues". I spent last night cutting and pasting sentences that kinda make sense once put together but since solo isn't really that much fun, anyone wanna do a skit with me?

I know it's kinda odd throwing random characters together, but heck, more fun and chaos.

Shinobu
07-24-2004, 12:18 PM
Mom said we can go for certain now (yay!) but I have a problem or more of just a little situation. My character sorta, er, doesn't have "monologues". I spent last night cutting and pasting sentences that kinda make sense once put together but since solo isn't really that much fun, anyone wanna do a skit with me?

I know it's kinda odd throwing random characters together, but heck, more fun and chaos.

What character are you doing, again? I dont know if my brothers or friends are going, so it would be fun to group w/ someone else...wait...unless I'm a judge...
I can do BOTH. o_o

pink_killer
07-24-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm doing Kei from Moonchild. You know? That Gackt Hyde movie everyone loves because of them being in it. I like the movie though for itself. Kei is a vampire if you never saw the movie, so, angst! Drama! Woo!

Shinobu
07-24-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm doing Kei from Moonchild. You know? That Gackt Hyde movie everyone loves because of them being in it. I like the movie though for itself. Kei is a vampire if you never saw the movie, so, angst! Drama! Woo!

I havn't seen it, I used to listen to Gackt too...ah...Im afraid of vampires! o_o lol but it sounds cool, Jpop/movie cosplays rock. One day I shall do Battle Royale. >,<

pink_killer
07-24-2004, 01:57 PM
It'll be my first movie cosplay. I was thinking of doing a short monologue of his "I'm a monster" speech. Well, not really a speech but close enough. This is unless someone wants to do something with me.

By the way, should someone bring a radio or something or is music not allowed? We could jam with Jrock & Jpop and use it for background music for the skits.

Shinobu
07-25-2004, 01:41 PM
It'll be my first movie cosplay. I was thinking of doing a short monologue of his "I'm a monster" speech. Well, not really a speech but close enough. This is unless someone wants to do something with me.

By the way, should someone bring a radio or something or is music not allowed? We could jam with Jrock & Jpop and use it for background music for the skits.

Last week when I talked to Ally about it I suggested having a name-that-anime-tune game. We'll see what happens...We can ask her if music throughout the day is allowed. It probably is, and if it is, bring some Jpop and rock cds! I'll bring in some anime ones ^^

pink_killer
07-25-2004, 01:53 PM
-Thumbs up.- Awesome! I'll burn my Dir en grey, Penicillin, Malice Mizer/Moi dix Mois, Laraku..oh! -Squeals- So many! I'll probably know more Jrock than anime unless it's like anime openings and endings. Heh. Yeah.

Shinobu
07-25-2004, 02:05 PM
-Thumbs up.- Awesome! I'll burn my Dir en grey, Penicillin, Malice Mizer/Moi dix Mois, Laraku..oh! -Squeals- So many! I'll probably know more Jrock than anime unless it's like anime openings and endings. Heh. Yeah.
Hehe I dont know what kind of songs we'll use, I want to be in charge of it though...heheheeeee, I think Ill go talk to her about it right now o_o

gamergirlx
07-25-2004, 02:36 PM
I would love to come to this (as Zephyris from Scrapped princess since I worked for hours on that for Otakon). I only live down the road a bit. Yeah, the park is really nice...I go there to rollerblade all the time. Which pavillion did you book for the picnic? I'd be more than willing to help out by bringing an extra cooler for drinks and stuff and or help set up since I'm local too. Let me know! Oh, and I can bring pasta salad.

Sorahana
07-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Well hopefully I'll be coming as Lani from FFIX xD;. I'll hafta see if I'm not down the shore then so wh00!

Shinobu
07-27-2004, 06:00 PM
So...35 days in counting?
Plenty of time to work on costumes I guess. ^_^

pink_killer
07-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Heey, Shinobou, since we may be among those few who aren't going to the Otakon, wanna amuse ourselves by making up a skit if you're still interested?

Shinobu
07-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Heey, Shinobou, since we may be among those few who aren't going to the Otakon, wanna amuse ourselves by making up a skit if you're still interested?
ok! I was thinking about that too! But what can Tomo and a member of Gackt do together on stage?...
Oh the possibilities. o_0
IM me~

pink_killer
07-31-2004, 07:17 PM
Shinobuuu~ Get on AIM. I thought of a stupid skit and I ran it by a friend who found it highly amusing O.o but I need to run it by you!

Shinobu
08-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Shinobuuu~ Get on AIM. I thought of a stupid skit and I ran it by a friend who found it highly amusing O.o but I need to run it by you!
Done and Done. ^^

Shinobu
08-12-2004, 12:25 PM
*Update* I will be in charge of the Name That Anime Tune contest, and yes, there will be a prize. Brush up on that music, guys! Full rules and details up on the website soon...I think...

Sorahana
08-14-2004, 10:45 AM
The Kupi Squad and I will be attending (yea four of us whee!!) Can't wait to wear my Lani costume again!

LyLy-chan
08-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Hi guys! I'm so glad so many people are interested. I'm hoping if you're coming you're bringing some type of food. If you are, please leave a message here and tell me what you're bringing so, I know what to buy before the picnic.

Thanks!

LyLy-chan
08-15-2004, 07:42 PM
Hi again everyone! Just wanted to drop by and let you know the site is updated with information on contests, games, and the exact location of the picnic. (Lot C)

Please, please let me know what your bring to the picnic too. Thanks!

akira-aki
08-16-2004, 08:40 AM
hi to all
this is aki
i would love to go to ur picnic
the problem is that it may be too far away
i went to yahoo maps and it tells me that i'm about 1 hour and 51 minutes away
i only live in union city is this right?

another question is anyone from union city or around that want to go..
maybe we can go together..
i hope i can go
i'll bring food..
well mostly candy
hopefully someone does live around
later i hope i can go

Dymatrex
08-16-2004, 09:39 AM
If I don't have work early in the day, or something else, I'll definetly be there,

I call Tetsuo from AKIRA.

gamergirlx
08-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Union City in N. Jersey, right? Yeah, That time sounds about right, it's about 100 or so miles from Sewell. The park is about 15 minutes east of Philadelphia.

Tainted-Embrace
08-16-2004, 07:29 PM
e.e I'll be going, I just don't know who to do be...
{ -Cries.- }

Misa-chan
08-17-2004, 12:33 AM
I'm going too! ^^ Probably as either Moogle or Rabi~en~Rose....or maybe both since one is sort of uncomfortable but I'd still like a couple of pictures in it. (Amanda...camera?) Kayla, why not be Yuna so you have sort of an FF thing going with us? Or we can both be Moogles and attack Lani. :P Oh, and thanks to the group who's organizing this, from what I've seen this should be pretty successful and well-organized. <3

LyLy-chan
08-17-2004, 01:04 AM
Hi all! Just to answer a few questions and let people know what we need in case you all haven't got any idea what to bring.

First, Aki - The Washington Township this picnic is being held in is in South Jersey pretty close to Phili like gamergirlx said. I still hope you can come though.

Secondly, What to bring - I think at this point we're deperate for just about everything. Drinks would be really, really nice. And, we'll even supply coolers and ice. Everyone is leaning toward bringing food, but we really need things to drink too. Water, soda, and juice would be awesome. But please, don't everyone switch from bringing food to bringing drinks...It would also be nice if you would leave me PM or an email (Ally(AT)starlit-dreams.net) and tell me what your bringing, so come friday I know what I'll really have to buy to keep us all alive for the time we spend at the picnic.

Third thing - Anyone planning on doing a skit? Participating in the mini cosplay contest? If you could give us a headsup, especially for the skits, that would be awesome. Same as before, PM or email me if you're planning on doing a skit, or just leave a note on the board. We just want to know so we can do a mini time schedule before hand so we can plan lunch time around activities and such.

Thanks all!

Sorahana
08-17-2004, 01:45 AM
I'm going too! ^^ Probably as either Moogle or Rabi~en~Rose....or maybe both since one is sort of uncomfortable but I'd still like a couple of pictures in it. (Amanda...camera?) Kayla, why not be Yuna so you have sort of an FF thing going with us? Or we can both be Moogles and attack Lani. :P Oh, and thanks to the group who's organizing this, from what I've seen this should be pretty successful and well-organized. <3

I might be Lani not sure yet..........I might wanna be my version of Tenten from Naruto *shrugs* But yes Aisha I can take pics of you....and of everyone else too ^O^!!

Dymatrex
08-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Ah, Shieza!

Sorry guys, can't make it.

I'll make it up to you sometimes.

Dymatrex
08-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Ah, Shieza!

Sorry guys, can't make it.

I'll make it up to you sometime.

tksama
08-19-2004, 12:59 AM
I live in Northern New Jersey tooo~ ;-; Mapquest says it's a good two hour drive. Oh well, guess we'll have to hold our own tea party up here! >D

Shinobu
08-19-2004, 09:18 AM
Make...people...come! o_o
lol It's two more days!

KaineMaxwell
08-19-2004, 06:04 PM
So who's going to this shindig?

Misa-chan
08-19-2004, 06:33 PM
I'm glad someone mentioned food, cuz it's not a picnic without food. ^^;; I'll TRY to get some drinks, and I'll ask my people too. There's about 5 of us, so carspace is limited once you get everyone's stuff in the trunk. :/

Shinobu
08-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Kaine...COME! I always wanted to meet you. XD

KaineMaxwell
08-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Kaine...COME! I always wanted to meet you. XD
Now I'm scared. XD

Shinobu
08-19-2004, 07:10 PM
Now I'm scared. XD
LOL! I'm not a stalker! o_o
XD

pink_killer
08-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Heey, Shinobu-kun, I have a question. What if it rains? I've been watching the news on weather conditions about Saturday and it keeps saying something about thunderstorms and stuff..if so, where would we go or is there an area that has an overpass or something to protect us from the rain?

My mom is all worried. And I also got the sammiches supplies. I think it's honey turkey and smoked ham..? With regular American cheese from the deli. I got a small bottle of mustard and mayo (Light mayo - sorry constant dieter if I decide to have some or not >>!) since I dunno if everyone likes that stuff or not, so they can put it on themselves. And the bread is plain white.

Shinobu
08-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Heey, Shinobu-kun, I have a question. What if it rains? I've been watching the news on weather conditions about Saturday and it keeps saying something about thunderstorms and stuff..if so, where would we go or is there an area that has an overpass or something to protect us from the rain?

My mom is all worried. And I also got the sammiches supplies. I think it's honey turkey and smoked ham..? With regular American cheese from the deli. I got a small bottle of mustard and mayo (Light mayo - sorry constant dieter if I decide to have some or not >>!) since I dunno if everyone likes that stuff or not, so they can put it on themselves. And the bread is plain white.

Awesome!
And, I think if it rains, we'll still be under the pavillion, and we'll probably just hold all the events under it. It might be bad for pictures, though...

LyLy-chan
08-19-2004, 10:06 PM
As far as I can tell, Saturday it isn't supposed to rain. Although it is going to be party cloudy. Weather.com says that it's going to rain tomorrow though, so the ground is going to be a bit on the moist side. I wouldn't recommend slippers or shoes you aren't willing to get a bit dirty.

There isn't any shelter or over hangs where our picnic area is, so if it does rain, we'll have to decide we'll have to cancel the picnic and pick another date. But I'm hoping that since it's not supposed to rain we won't have to worry about that.

Sorry I don't have a more diffinitve answer, but we're all really just hoping for it not to rain.

Shinobu
08-19-2004, 10:11 PM
As far as I can tell, Saturday it isn't supposed to rain. Although it is going to be party cloudy. Weather.com says that it's going to rain tomorrow though, so the ground is going to be a bit on the moist side. I wouldn't recommend slippers or shoes you aren't willing to get a bit dirty.

There isn't any shelter or over hangs where our picnic area is, so if it does rain, we'll have to decide we'll have to cancel the picnic and pick another date. But I'm hoping that since it's not supposed to rain we won't have to worry about that.

Sorry I don't have a more diffinitve answer, but we're all really just hoping for it not to rain.

Oh so...we're not in a pavillion? boy to I feel stupid! XD
Just pray that it won't rain.

Sorahana
08-20-2004, 01:08 AM
What else do you need? Like soda and whatnot because I will bring something don't know what though XD.

gamergirlx
08-20-2004, 07:36 AM
Well, I certainly hope it doesn't rain. But I keep seeing scattered thunderstorms in the forecast so I guess it may be hit or miss. Plus, the probability is still pretty low. But I will pray hard because I will be spending hours in the kitchen cooking tonight and would hate for all that food to go to waste.

Tainted-Embrace
08-20-2004, 10:25 AM
Me, Amanda, Tiff, Katrina and Probably Aisha are all still coming.
{ Due to the fact, isn't there a pavillion or something to cover us over at this place. }
Anyways - - - I hope it doesn't rain or anything cause I'm looking forward to coming and meeing some new peoples.
^^'..
Muahs i'll try to bring stuff if I can.
<3<3.

Shinobu
08-20-2004, 04:06 PM
YAY! It's so awesome so many cosplay.com people are coming! ^_^ This makes up for me missing Otakon, I think. XD
I'm working on the name that anime tune arrangement...Everyone, please partisipate! It isn't too hard! ^^:

CCAmanda- More drinks would be great well, because, I'm only brining one small bottle of joice. Everyone else, please bring food and whatever too! @_@

Aww it's awesome people are working hard to make food! ^_^ *dances* I love ya all, seeya tomorrow!!!
(My Tomo costume is done! wooh!)

Tainted-Embrace
08-20-2004, 04:35 PM
e.e I think I convinced >.> everyone { like Amanda and Tiff and Aisha And Katrina } and them for us to do an Inuyasha group.
:x lol.

Shinobu
08-20-2004, 06:12 PM
e.e I think I convinced >.> everyone { like Amanda and Tiff and Aisha And Katrina } and them for us to do an Inuyasha group.
:x lol.
YAY! I was thinking last night, "I hope someone does Inu Yasha because I shall hug them! >,<" But a whole group? YAY! XD

Sorahana
08-20-2004, 06:21 PM
Yea we're gonna have Inu(me lol),Kouga,Ayame, Kagome, and Rin ^_^.
Ok I'll see what I can do and try and bring a drink or something oki dokie ^_^?

And if need be I can take piccies of people since I have the digicam and would get the pics up when I get back home ^^.

Tainted-Embrace
08-20-2004, 06:22 PM
I'll be Kagome.
Amanda will be Inuyasha.
Tiff will be Kouga.
Katrina will be Ayame, and
I think Aisha is going to do Rin.

:x Cin can't go otherwise she'd be Kikyo.
Laura can't go otherwise she'd be Kirara.
;.; - Janet moved to flordia, or she'd do Sango with us.
Lol.
Maybe not whole..x.x.
;.; But some.

Osuwari
08-20-2004, 08:06 PM
I'll be there as well ^-^ *is dressing as Kouga* Hopley the weather will be nice for us 0-o....

Tainted-Embrace
08-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Yes Tiff we already stated you'd be Kouga. Lol.

Akiko Ki
08-20-2004, 10:43 PM
::pops in:: x-x It better not rain and hi all I am comeing with tiff and kayla : points to self :: I am Katrina ^^. I ain't sure what the forcast if for down there but we are upose to have rain all day here x-x blah.

Tainted-Embrace
08-20-2004, 10:58 PM
>> Lol we should still have the picnic even if it rains.
x.x Lol.

Ambrosia
08-20-2004, 11:08 PM
Oh man... I can't believe I found out about this picnic TODAY. I'm working a 12 hour shift tomorrow, and if I'd known about this sooner I would have asked off. And I live so close! Ah well, have fun everyone! Pray it doesn't rain~ <3

gamergirlx
08-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Well if it rains, we should all run under the amphitheater... :)
And bring umbrellas...It always turns out that if you are prepared for rain...it won't!

I'll finish cooking tomorrow...need sleep now...

Shinobu
08-21-2004, 05:31 PM
Omg....Today was AWESOME! Even though it rained, it was so much fun!!!
GamerGirlX, thanks for letting me ride in your SUV! You where so sweet for making those AWESOME eggrolls! XD
I loved all the people in the Inu Yasha group, you're all so cool!!! I had a blast watching that movie....I think I'm gonna go rant about it on my lj! Let's all make each other friends on ours! ^^

Sorahana
08-21-2004, 08:37 PM
I had a kick ass time too ^_^. Despite the rain it rocked ALOT. I got some great piccies, made friends (wh0000!), finally got that baggie I wanted (You do not know how hard it was to find that Viz bag I swear o_O), and just had a great time!! Thanks for the fun!

gamergirlx
08-21-2004, 09:18 PM
Everyone, I had such a great time today. And I guess I converted several of you to Scrapped Princess fans (more for next year's Otakon SP Photoshoot :bigtu: ). Well, everything is hung up to dry now and I have my pix uploaded to my gallery if you all wanna see. It was nice to meet you all and let's do this again sometime, preferably without the torrential downpores.

:jjacks:

PS - for those who left before our venture over to the amphitheater...we got to see more of that park ranger...I swear, he must've been interested in someone...

Shinobu
08-21-2004, 09:57 PM
PS - for those who left before our venture over to the amphitheater...we got to see more of that park ranger...I swear, he must've been interested in someone...

LOL! That was weird how he kept circling around, wasn't it? Omg you guys watched Scrapped Princess? I need to get the Torrents, it looks cute! >,<

I wrote like a review on my lj complete with pictures.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/chinookami/73781.html
I think I'll photoshop the rest of them and post them in my gallery...Yes, I think I shall. o_o

Shinobu
08-21-2004, 10:48 PM
I just updated my gallery, and edited my entry... ^^;;;;

Sorahana
08-21-2004, 11:01 PM
http://photobucket.com/albums/v114/CCAmanda/Sewell/

Thats where all my pics are! Feel free to take em ^_~!!

Lisa-Garland
08-22-2004, 02:18 AM
I'm coming! ^________^

I'll be bringing peanut butter cookies. And i'll be dressed up as Mana if anyone would like to look for me. =D

gamergirlx
08-22-2004, 09:12 AM
Oh I wish I had gotten to take more pix. But I guess we lost out on a lot of the time bc of the rain. I really wanted to take individual pix of everyone and render backgrounds...

And umm...Lisa...the picnic is over...

Tainted-Embrace
08-22-2004, 09:31 AM
e.e I LOVE YOU DARLENE.
^^. I HAD UBER FUN.
<-- Now going to cosplay the "Scrapped Princess'
AND KATRINA IS DOING WINIA.
^.^'' You are the best.

Shinbo - THANK YOU- You rock.

:)

Osuwari
08-22-2004, 10:43 AM
Yeah the pinic was fun!!!! Omg that you gamergirl for bringing your laptop and IY movie 3!!! ^-^ Yeah!! Yeah it was fun meeting everyone and all. Hopley next time we have the pinic it won't rain and all. Even tho I still had a blast :)

Tainted-Embrace
08-22-2004, 05:35 PM
I thought it was fun for the rain.
We all curled up and watched the movie together.
:)

Shinobu
08-22-2004, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I liked the rain, even though it ruined my costume. I'm defanitaly sewing the collar onto the shirt when it's done being bleached. -_-;

Lisa-Garland, I'm sorry, but the picnic was yesterday. You should come next year, though!

I think we should have a get-together for Halloween. I'm thinking about orgonizing one- I'll keep everyone posted. And, I dont mean to sound picky, but my username is Shinobu, not Shinbo. I wouldn't have said that if I hadn't had 2 or 3 people spell it that way already. ^^; You can just call me Shannon if you want.

Dymatrex
08-22-2004, 06:37 PM
We should do another before the summer's over or something, y'know, just one last time before school starts maybe?

I'm thinking about maybe having one at the Ocean City Beach

Shinobu
08-22-2004, 06:46 PM
We should do another before the summer's over or something, y'know, just one last time before school starts maybe?

I'm thinking about maybe having one at the Ocean City Beach

That's awesome! I'd so be there! >,<
What if we did an anime bathing suit theme? j/k I dont have enough time to figure all that out! ....or loose weight for it too. @_@

pink_killer
08-22-2004, 07:41 PM
Yeah ^^' Bathing suits not a liking thingy for me here. But I'm up for the Halloween thingy, you mentioned it to me before. I've been to Ocean City a million of times, but my mom doesn't like us driving there anymore. It's a wee bit too far out of the way for us. Almost an hour of driving if I remember correctly.

But I'm so deffinately up for Halloween! I had so much fun being around you guys, especially my Amanda groupie - woo!

gamergirlx
08-23-2004, 08:16 AM
I would love to get together again. And yeah, I'm not a big fan of bathing suits either... :bashful: Another event in mid September or October could be nice... I'll remember to bring the backgrounds to show everyone...
After mid-October my schedule gets full bc I pick up a second job for the holidays so I end up working like 50-60 hours a week and I won't be free again until February...

Akiko Ki
08-23-2004, 01:09 PM
::runs in cycles:: hey all ^^ I loved the picnic its was so fun hehe. OH well I had a great time and omg my computer is finaly working agian buhaha x-x. but ya it was nice meeting you all .

lostatsea
08-27-2004, 01:40 AM
Yo it was crazy. This is Sean, the spike. Just looking through here. RAIN! MY ADULT SWIM SPOT! Dancing around the ampitheater, park ranger, lots of driving, and others. I dont know, this is why I dont post much. Nothing to say. Except for 3 little words.

GO WITH PEACE!

pink_killer
08-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Yo it was crazy. This is Sean, the spike. Just looking through here. RAIN! MY ADULT SWIM SPOT! Dancing around the ampitheater, park ranger, lots of driving, and others. I dont know, this is why I dont post much. Nothing to say. Except for 3 little words.

GO WITH PEACE!

From your post, I'm assuming you got home safely without ending up in a car crash. Which is good ^^ Had me worried for a while there, but I hope you got the problem fixed.

Tainted-Embrace
08-27-2004, 12:25 PM
La La La.
o.o I had fun..

Osuwari
08-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Yes it was uber fun ^-^ I still havn't developed my pics but oh well...That area was nice to. Atleast when it rained the trees and all atleast blocked some of the rain. Yeah I can't believe that park ranger he came back twice!?!?

Tainted-Embrace
08-27-2004, 06:10 PM
=x Park Ranger wanted some 'loving' from
the cosplayers.

gamergirlx
08-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Well, at least the ranger was a cutie...

Shinobu
08-27-2004, 09:34 PM
lol! I think he'll be happy if we come back next year ~_^ (He came back...again??)

Tainted-Embrace
08-27-2004, 10:50 PM
:x Yes Yes, sounds good.

pink_killer
08-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Watch it be the same park ranger too next year XD Coming back with the trash bangs for an excuse to look at the people with dog ears and oddly colored hair.

Osuwari
08-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Yeah Shinobu once when we were playing name that tune then when went to the amplither to watch the third IY movie. ^-^ Plus when we were watching the movie a cop car went by a couple times as well. I don't know if that was him or not tho...Makes me wonder if that was him.

Tainted-Embrace
08-28-2004, 03:39 PM
:) We should do it again, I can't wait X.x another year Lol.

gamergirlx
08-28-2004, 06:40 PM
Hey are any of you going to Kosaikon at Villanova University on October 9th? Anyone from NJ side wanna carpool over with me?

Tainted-Embrace
08-28-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm going :)...

Osuwari
08-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Yeah I'll probably end up going if I don't work that weekend and all. I pass going there all the time because I go to college not to far from there.

Tainted-Embrace
08-28-2004, 10:04 PM
o.o'' Woooo..

Sorahana
08-29-2004, 12:37 PM
I'm going! ^_^. As Kurai wheeeee............and my other friend is going as Lucifer XD! WH000!
And my other friend may come if she is visitng around that time :3!

Tainted-Embrace
08-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Not sure to who as I am going as.

Shinobu
08-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Yeah Shinobu once when we were playing name that tune then when went to the amplither to watch the third IY movie. ^-^ Plus when we were watching the movie a cop car went by a couple times as well. I don't know if that was him or not tho...Makes me wonder if that was him.

Yeah I remember the trash bag thing and the car going by a couple times and Sean was like "I think he digs one of you" or something. lol! I thought he might have come up again though.

*Edit*
I wanna go to Kosaicon! Wooh! XD It's around where my dad went to High School so they said they wouldnt mind giving me a ride. Hmm I should make a winter costume. ^_^ (Its in February, right? *checks site*)
*Double edit!*
There's one in October? wooh! Well wait if it's on a Saturday I might not be able to make it since I have to work. >_<; I'll see what I can do.

Tainted-Embrace
08-29-2004, 06:57 PM
+ I have no clue who to cosplay, and how to get their yet.. +

Sorahana
08-29-2004, 06:59 PM
+ I have no clue who to cosplay, and how to get their yet.. +

You have a ride my dear be calm XD. Be Arachne to go with the rest of the AS-ness hehe XD.

pink_killer
08-29-2004, 07:05 PM
I would love to go to KosaiKon but I don't think my mom would let me go. u.u She doesn't like us driving up there..And I wouldn't have a costume unless I get Akito finished by then. I might. I'm pretty sure I could..

Tainted-Embrace
08-29-2004, 07:06 PM
o.o Perhaps.....

gamergirlx
08-30-2004, 08:35 AM
For those of you going to Kosaikon - you wanna get together and do a samll picnic on the lawn (somewhere) for lunch? I can make sushi/california rolls this time since I can get to the asian market prior cause I can prepare a little in advance this time. :) (I say sushi/california rolls bc I don't do the raw thing). Would anybody else be up for that?

I may do Rei Hino in her school uniform bc they have costume rules that means no Zephy armor... plus I don't have time to order wigs for anyone else I wanna do. And I did it...I decided on my main costume for Otakon 2005! It's a surprise...but I'll give you a hint. (It's from Naruto).

Oh, and for those who are starting classes today, or in the near future (if you haven't already) Good Luck!

Tainted-Embrace
08-31-2004, 06:44 AM
Well I got a Super Sailor Moon outfit.
I wish I had her School uniform, because
I'm all about Sm.
;; I'd do it with you.
Lol..

gamergirlx
08-31-2004, 09:00 AM
Cool, SM rocks!

So is anyone up for the picnic idea? If it's too cold or weather conditions bad then we can always eat in the cafeteria that's mentioned on the website. I guess I should start posting this stuff in the Kosaikon thread?

Sorahana
08-31-2004, 10:49 AM
Picnic sounds cool ^_^. Can't wait! *goes back to counting down*

And as stated before, I am being Kurai from Angel Sanctuary ^^.

Tainted-Embrace
08-31-2004, 07:25 PM
+ I want to do the picnic due to the fact I love you :x Darlene,
and your eggrolls, and your sushi.
{ I got amanda to like it me: GO TO THE SUSHI PLACE DOWNTOWN, GET PICKLEDRADISH. }
Lol.
<3.

.;.;.

KaineMaxwell
08-31-2004, 07:31 PM
Now, I'm offically lost...

Shinobu
08-31-2004, 08:34 PM
Now, I'm offically lost...
That's why you should havecome to the picnic. ;D

Tainted-Embrace
08-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Lol It was fun too.

Lisa-Garland
09-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Omg. I'm so upset! We were planning to come any everything! But someone had misread the date, and we missed it *cry*

You guys have to have another one! And this time we wont miss it.

Umm i'm Brittie, by the way =P

gamergirlx
09-29-2004, 07:39 AM
I'm sure there'll be another one, one way or another. Hopefully it won't rain for the next one.

pink_killer
09-29-2004, 10:50 AM
I was talking with Shannon to do something over here, but unfortuately, I don't quite have the time for things anymore and it would cost a bundle. I also thought something for Halloween but that didn't work quite well either for short notice purposes. Maybe a Fall something but that's a maybe. Please share ideas since I miss you guys and I've been gaining skills on Asian cooking >D And my peanut butter cookies kick ass, just ask my boyfriend.

Osuwari
09-29-2004, 11:42 PM
^-^ Yeah we shall think of something...yeah another get-together will be fun ^-^ Man it was uber fun that day I think it was :) Omg like all the topics we talked about and then just talking with everyone :)

pink_killer
09-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Yeah it was tons of fun! And it should be even more fun with everyone else wanting to come now too. It only gives us more of a purpose to do this again >.>!

Tainted-Embrace
09-30-2004, 03:18 PM
Can't wait til next time.

Lisa-Garland
10-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Wow i was just realizing how many of you i know. I know Amanda. I know the Kayla person cause she was sailor moon on Saturday. =P *dances*

But yes you have to have a nother picnic. I will deffinatly volunteer to help with anything! =D

gamergirlx
10-11-2004, 12:13 PM
It seems the way things are going, with everyone being busy and all, that maybe spring would be a good time to plan it for...that way the word can get out way in advance...

Tainted-Embrace
10-11-2004, 02:46 PM
XD Yeah I can't wait though, Darlene you're my Rei and Sailor Luna Lol.

gamergirlx
10-20-2004, 07:10 AM
Hi Everyone!
Just wondering if anyone was interested in a shopping trip over to fabric row in Philly to stock up on cosplay fabrics and notions. I thought it would be fun to make it a day trip, with maybe a group lunch over there while we browse the shops. I was thinking of doing it on a saturday, early November. Anyone interested? (I'll drive if you'll be coming from SJ).

Sorahana
10-20-2004, 10:52 AM
That would rock!! We could do a photoshoot too *_*. I'm not available any Sat in Nov. until after 1:30 at least ^^;. Stupid play rehearsal ~_~. But I'd so be in! I can take the train down wh00sh!

LyLy-chan
10-20-2004, 12:14 PM
^_^ That would be awesome, awesome. Sounds like a great idea!

Tainted-Embrace
10-20-2004, 06:07 PM
:o I'm in.<3...

Osuwari
10-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Cool!!! ^-^ Yeah man sounds fun....yup we just have to set the date and all and we are set and all that other stuff. Can't wait to see everyone again :)

Tainted-Embrace
10-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Yes, and Tiff gets to come to Philadelphia XD and go downtown with us.
{ SUSHI RUN AT CHINA TOWN - lol. }

gamergirlx
10-22-2004, 10:32 PM
Well, there seems to be a small group forming...

I'm looking at probably either Saturday the 13th or the 20th of November...hopefully before it gets too cold.

Yeah, Kayla, asian food sounds good for lunch...

Tainted-Embrace
10-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Well its called Serendipidy or something,
and I showed everyone were this place was,
but its awesome.
Good Sushi, Good Bubble Tea, Serve Sake to Anyone,
Good Misao Soup, Seaweed Salad, Green Tea Ice Creame.
{ Anyone who does not like that, they have Chinese Food too. }
{ >.> }