PDA

View Full Version : Eyeshadow problem =/

MiSa0_mAkiMacHi
07-20-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm gonna do a Ranma cosplay with my friends and I'm gonna be Female Ranma. Ok she has a pink-ish light purple-ish eyeshadow. I tan very easily so I'm pretty dark. So whenever I put light shades like pink and purple on my eyes, you can never really see the eyeshadow anymore -.- Any suggestions? Thanks a million! :)

Mei
07-20-2004, 12:34 AM
put a bit of foundation beneath the eyeshadow. That'll help it show up better.

MiSa0_mAkiMacHi
07-20-2004, 01:07 AM
HmMmMm...yeah I think I'll do that =) Thanks!

archangeli
07-20-2004, 01:51 AM
foundation as a base, and even a similar colored eyeliner underneath the eye shadow will help..

however, some eyeshadows that are poorly pigmented will "disappear" or "fade away" after short times. I've had this happen to me with a few $15/pot shadows and I was pretty pissed off. (which is why I'm a MAC addict now)... hehe

some ppl recommend using a MAC paint as a base, or even an eyelid primer, but honestly the foundation trick works fine :) (provided you have a good quality e/s to begin with)

China-Lilly
07-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Use the same coloured creme eyeshadow as base and then the eyeshadow on top.

Also - you can try applying the eyeshadow with a damp (not wet) eyeshadow brush or applicator - this will make the colour more intense. Sponge applicators will also have more colour payoff than using a brush.

Some eyeshadows are just pigment-poor though. There's only so much you can build up the colour.

Mei
07-20-2004, 10:37 PM
I would recommend getting something that does have nice pigmentation. MAC is nice, but if you dont have the money, go out to a local beauty store and see if you can find any of the NYX *not NYC; it's not a typo* line. Their eyeshadow is great, and it's like...2.99 a pop.

zephy
07-20-2004, 10:50 PM
Before I read the rest of the thread, I was going to say "go for MAC!" I'm definately a mac addict, even though I can't afford all of their stuff. They have this "Shadestick" which can go from sheer to opaque depending upon how much of it you put on . (its pretty much a soft kinda cream like stuff in a stick). as it can be applied more opaque, it might work for you

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15103&PRODUCT_ID=PROD6290

they have a ton of different colors, most of which are kinda shiny, unfortunately, if you dont want that

archangeli
07-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Before I read the rest of the thread, I was going to say "go for MAC!" I'm definately a mac addict, even though I can't afford all of their stuff. They have this "Shadestick" which can go from sheer to opaque depending upon how much of it you put on . (its pretty much a soft kinda cream like stuff in a stick). as it can be applied more opaque, it might work for you

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY15103&PRODUCT_ID=PROD6290

they have a ton of different colors, most of which are kinda shiny, unfortunately, if you dont want that

If you buy the MAC Shadestick in BEIGE-ING, you can use it as a neutral base underneath your other eyeshadows.

Juu-Sama
07-21-2004, 12:45 PM
Also - you can try applying the eyeshadow with a damp (not wet) eyeshadow brush or applicator - this will make the colour more intense. Sponge applicators will also have more colour payoff than using a brush.

if you don't want to use creme eye shadows just apply shadow with damp applicator...that should work....the key is to then go over it with a layer of dry eye shadow to bring out the colour... then again, i have freakishly pale skin...X_X so i can't say for sure....

Juu-sama