PDA

View Full Version : Unknown coat (Kingdom Hearts 2)

chibiansem02
07-20-2004, 10:56 AM
Has anyone made an unknown coat before, the ones from Kingdom Hearts 2? I need help!

BlackMarth
07-20-2004, 11:13 AM
You can either contact khamryn or check out Abbyshot.com. First if you need tips, second if you got cash to spend.

Nikki
07-21-2004, 02:17 AM
I just got my coat done prior to metrocon. Seeing as how I have zero sewing talent a friend of a friend ( . . . sounds so cliché ) made it for me. I'm in the process of uploading a good amount of pictures from MetroCon into my gallery page so keep an eye out. If not I'll post them back here. :) khamryn was a lot of help to me when I asked about the coat to get a bit of creation info about what matierals to pick up though.

Chibi Plush Toy
07-25-2004, 02:35 AM
Ya also might wanna check out Shun's costume...vinyl...gawd I gotta ask him how he stays sane in a coat like that!!

RainbowSheltie
07-25-2004, 05:09 AM
I would think it would almost be cheaper to make the unknown coat yourself, rather then buy it. I dunno, I think that if one did make it oneselfs, then the satification that comes with the costume would be a bit higher then just buying it. Not that I'm saying buying is a bad thing, it's just my opinion.

Sheltie Kimura

Blight
08-08-2004, 07:08 PM
AbbyShot! w00+ :love: I have one, and it was totallly worth the $$

Shinigami_Mimi
08-09-2004, 07:55 AM
I was thinking of cosplaying Unknown at one point. He's just a cool character. XD Lol. But this outfit comes with more than just the coat making. You also have to consider making the two keyblades he has. I've seen some cosplayers only have one, but yet it seems expansive to go out buy plaster, friendly plastic, etc to make a keyblade. I always thought of using leather for the coat. X.x I don't know. Just my crazy idea. But helpful tip. Remember what season you're wearing it for. XD If it's summertime and you're dress up in hot fabric, you are probably gonna regret. Lol. But cool seasons are good.

RainbowSheltie
08-09-2004, 03:44 PM
You have to remember too, that Riku only has one Keyblade, while the other one [BHK] has two. So it just depends on who your cosplaying. Personally, I'm using a certain type of pleather for my Unknown coat. I'm going to be wearing it near the spring time though, but there's nothing I can do about that. I'd rather make it as close as possible to the real thing, then make it out different material just because I might get to hot in the pleather. Hehehe, the things I do for Cosplay. *shakes head*

Oh well.

Sakura

chibiansem02
08-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Actually, I'm not doing the dude with the two keyblades... I was either gonna do Axel/R.H.U. (the one with the red hair) or Vixen. (he's from chain of memories ^_^)

BlackMarth
08-10-2004, 01:30 PM
I made mine out of wood, I measured a picture of the Oblivion and scaled it to bigger, elongating the shaft too to prevent a chibi-ized look. I was the blindfolded one. And yes, that coat is an Abbyshot coat, and yes, it is expensive, but I was initially buying it for myself, then some friends convinced me to use it for cosplaying.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/9437986/

Might be slow or might not even show. Because DeviantArt is temperamental like that.

Blight
08-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Wood here as well, good to see another active AS member here BM :skidude2:
Look at the OKP folder for pics
Here (http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=your_stuff&user_id=8223)
Edit: Enigma has some coat pics and keyblade ones as well

Shinigami_Mimi
08-13-2004, 08:22 AM
Wow. O.O I never knew they sold the coat. It looks exactly like the one in the game.

BlackMarth
08-13-2004, 01:56 PM
It's not cheap =).

Blight
08-14-2004, 08:33 AM
Indeed but worth it. :love:

Shinigami_Mimi
08-14-2004, 09:00 AM
X.x I could just imagine the high cost for that jacket. I just saw one site for like around $600 for the cosplay jacket. Whoever made their jacket and it came out that good without paying for it, I envy you. XD

Crazy Neko CJ
08-23-2004, 03:37 PM
I have made one. Not made of pleather, or leather, or any material like that. Actually, a relative made it from an old grim reaper-ish costume. So yeah, it was cotton cloth, pretty much. BLACK cotton cloth..

..Never use that for an unknown costume..especially if it's raining. You still get wet. That's my experience from Otakon...

As for the ones in Abbyshot, the beads they have on the coat are the same kind I found in the store. So just look for beads that look like that when you make it.

Wear black gloves too. You don't need a keyblade. You can have two red lightsabers and be the ENIGMATIC MAN from KH Final Mix. =3

But eh, there's my suggestions...

..I forgot to bring black gloves to Otakon.

Shaman Soul
08-26-2004, 08:32 AM
wow nikki, your unknown costume is really good ! nice key blade !!

Nikki
09-08-2004, 11:38 PM
wow nikki, your unknown costume is really good ! nice key blade !!

Hehe, thanks! Wish I could take credit though. The blade was made by someone here in town who's just more awesome than I can describe. Same goes for Erin ( parnsangel ) who made me my coat for a steal. ;) I :heart: them both very much.

makio
09-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Actually, I'm not doing the dude with the two keyblades... I was either gonna do Axel/R.H.U. (the one with the red hair) or Vixen. (he's from chain of memories ^_^)

...so... Vixen's a guy? :eeek: ? I mean, with the name 'vixen'(female fox); I figured the picture was just a fugly lookin' old chick of the Unknowns. Sort of like Domina of Xenogears. LoL. Either way, I'm looking to try one of the Unknowns myself later this year and for Megacon 2005.

...just not sure which one yet; though I might just to wear my BHK costume underneath an Unknown trenchcoat with both Oathkeeper and Oblivion in tow.
:devil:

chibiansem02
09-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Yeah, at least It sounded like (I'm gonna call Vixen "it" for now.) "it" was a guy so I'm pretty sure. But when the game comes out and "it's" not, feel free to take it out on me. AIIEEEE! Yeah female fox, that would be seriously wrong... *_*

Crazy Neko CJ
09-10-2004, 05:24 PM
I think Vixen is male, because Roxine is female, right?

Next year, I may wear my Unknown costume again, but I just might make my hair blonde so I can be Roxine, or Vixen. Or even that red-haired unknown with the scythe. Not Axel..I can't make my hair spiky, at all.

Akira_Kun
09-10-2004, 05:56 PM
the unkown would be kinda expensive to make. those keyblades are not cheap to come by. the unkown carries both the oathkeeper and the oblivion. i've only seen one guy that makes them and they started at $80 each on ebay. they were also kind of short, but the craftsmenship was unbeleivable. they were exactly like in the game with all the details and everthing. but those right alone would cost you at the very cheapest $160 + shipping, then you gotta worry about making the coat. sooooo much money. *o_0*

Blight
09-11-2004, 11:37 AM
That's if you want to buy one. Making them costs less than $30 a pop. Look at me dev art site.
http://blighttdm.deviantart.com/
Those all cost about the same to make.

Akira_Kun
09-11-2004, 06:02 PM
That's if you want to buy one. Making them costs less than $30 a pop. Look at me dev art site.
http://blighttdm.deviantart.com/
Those all cost about the same to make.

holy cr*p! thats awesome! is that all wood? the other ones were solid wood and looked good but not that good. $30? thats really good. hmmmm, maybe i might have to talk to you about a commissioned keyblade.

Blight
09-12-2004, 08:01 AM
The k-keys are wood with a pvc shaft. The oath is 1 solid peice of wood.

Shinigami_Mimi
09-12-2004, 11:19 AM
the unkown would be kinda expensive to make. those keyblades are not cheap to come by. the unkown carries both the oathkeeper and the oblivion. i've only seen one guy that makes them and they started at $80 each on ebay. they were also kind of short, but the craftsmenship was unbeleivable. they were exactly like in the game with all the details and everthing. but those right alone would cost you at the very cheapest $160 + shipping, then you gotta worry about making the coat. sooooo much money. *o_0*
Well no one said cosplaying Unknown came cheap. ^^;; Lol.

chibiansem02
11-26-2004, 03:21 PM
Thank you people!!! I eventually made the coat myself...it wasn't fun but it turned out nice. ^_^ I ended up choosing to go as Axel. I think that this will be one of my 2005 season costumes. YAY! I also managed to make some really cool weapons and style a wig.

chibiansem02
11-26-2004, 03:27 PM
I think that the other red haired dude's name is Maruchia.(no idea if i spelled that right...)That would be a cool costume!!! I wanna go as Vixen...too bad I already picked Axel...waaaaa....*_*

Blight
11-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Since I already have 3 keyblades at home and blonde hair My choice is pretty easy.