PDA

View Full Version : Custom Naruto Cosplay idea. Feedback needed!!!!!

-prisma82-
07-20-2004, 11:46 PM
This is my first cosplay , and my idea was to go as a character I made up for the fun of it.

It a lost member of the Uchiha Family. I wanted to wear a all black kimono with the Uchiha clans symbol/ Fan on the back of it. But also underneath wear a traditional Jounin/Chuunin flak jacket but black. Khaki material shorts. My ankles and forearms would be wrapped with bandages. I'm going to wear a pair Geta sandels or a pair of black sandels like one the ninjas of naruto wear mostly I haven't decided which ones yet. I also have the idea of wearing a black head protector around my neck.

The weapons I will have is the Fuuma Shuriken that Sasuke used in the earliers episodes of naruto, and a few kunai and throwing shurikens the would be carried in a thigh holster and a back pouch.

My main concern with this cosplay idea is by using the kimono incorrectly or if it a disgrace to use it in this fashion. If anyone has any ideas of what else could be used or comments feel free to post. THANKS for reading all of this.

Eleryth
07-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Well, I don't think you'll be able to fit the vest/flak jacket under a kimono - it would ruin the lines. You could probably wear it overtop of some kimono like garment, if you wanted.

Oh. I think you mean a haori? A jacket that is similar to a kimono? Sorta like, um, what the Shinsengumi wear (a jacket on top of their kimono)? That would probably work. The hardest part would be the collar of the jacket going well with the collar of the vest/flak jacket.

I don't think it's a disgrace to the kimono or haori. I have seen punk/goth kimono-style wear, and no one says anything. I think you can make what you want - it's just a piece of clothing.

I think it sounds neat! Just be ready to explain who you are to people. :)

PS. The symbol is called "uchiwa" (uchiha is an alternate spelling) - means "fan" in Japanese (but only that type of fan; sensu is the folding type). Random tidbit for the day.

Digital Blush
07-20-2004, 11:59 PM
i love it! thats a good idea go for it ^^

DesertCoffin
07-21-2004, 03:06 AM
If you wore a kimono, and you want to have an uchiha symbol, you could be Itatchi. I think.

-prisma82-
07-21-2004, 03:14 AM
If you wore a kimono, and you want to have an uchiha symbol, you could be Itatchi. I think.

Yeah that also crossed my mind when designing this character. He could be Itachi if he hadn't killed his family and became a Konoha outcast!! Hmmm I will ponder on this somemore. Nothing has been finalized yet except for the weapons.

red-Otaku
07-21-2004, 04:31 AM
sounds good (thank you for an original idea and not another punk/raver costume..i HATE those they make no sense and it's a dishonor to cosplay I think, that you can't make the costume so you have to do that to it) ok heh, sorry for that bit. The only thing you need to think of here is how the layers will fit together. The vest under a kimono would be pretty uncomfortable. Another thing is are you wanting to do one of the full kimono or short kimono and hakama? Now if you were talking about wearing a Haori over it all that would work better, seeing as it's more loose. The only big problem that I see in this is the heat. Think of how hot it is going to be wearing some 3-4 layers all day plus carying kunai, shuriken, and a fuma shurkien all day. :) That's the thing people leave out the most in costumes..it gets hot. I mean My shino was just long shorts a t-shirt and my jacket, and I was dying. The jacket is even pretty thin, you wouldn't think it would be that hot, but in a group of people, it heats up :) GL with the costume though.

-prisma82-
07-21-2004, 03:07 PM
I think I'm going to go with a Haori over the top of my black flak jacket. And khaki shorts with all the other things I put in my first post.I got the idea of having a long piece of wheat in my mouth to add to my character.

I'm making my own Geat sandels it just drew up the patterns for them today. Also my Fumma shuriken is in the draft stages to , I will post pics soon.

If anyone else has any thought please post them or IM/PM me. Any feedback is helpful.