PDA

View Full Version : What do you plan to go as next year?

Anna
07-21-2004, 12:07 AM
I geuss alot of you already know but me and my 2 best friends are doing YRP psychicer and festival goer dressspheres. And I was kinda wondering if anybody elese decicided on what they where doing for next years a-kon too.

ZakuKitty
07-21-2004, 02:55 AM
If my Nidaime costume turns out well, I'll cosplay him again. I'll cosplay Zaku again as well. For new cosplay, I'll probably do Kojiro from Irresponsible Captain Tylor then...I don't know. :P Somebody else. I might do Ryuga from Mahoromatic. :love:

Crossplaying is god. :bigtu:

deekblues
07-21-2004, 05:26 AM
I'll probably work on my Zabuza costume some more and wear that again for part of it (already refining the sword, just need supplies) But I'm also putting together a Rival Schools' Daigo costume that I have big hopes for. A friend of mine is going to be Roll from the Mega/Rockman games; we shall be a Conspiracy of Capcom Costumes... though it's a rather small conspiracy so far.

Much fun shall be had!

Oh... and I have rather ambitious plans for an eventual Monev the Gale... We'll see how far that gets. Definately won't be next year.

CorazonAzul
07-21-2004, 10:57 PM
I'd like to have five different megazords walking around A-kon 16, but that's one heck of a workload. :)

Ky Kiske
07-21-2004, 11:43 PM
I'm going as Ky Kiske, complete with a functioning Fuuraiken, I'm learning French..since, Ky's French, and going to make myself stand 5'10 (I'm only 4'10!) I'm trying to attempt to look exactly like Ky. I have a small Guilty Gear group, consisting of Jam Kuradoberi, May, I-No and Holy Knight Sol Badguy. We may have a Millia, but..thats still unknown. I'd be so happy to see more GG cosplayers at A-Kon 16, maybe have a big photoshoot, or..something, lol. I can't wait to show myself off (Gee..I sound full of myself, lol) I really want to see a Robo Ky, so we can fight to the death! Er, no...but it'd be cool to mess around in character, lol.

Anna
07-22-2004, 12:17 AM
Oh yeah after I finish my 2 Yuna costumes I was gonna start working on Ashe(FF XII)I kinda doubt I'll finish it in time for A-kon though.But I guess that I won't know till I know.

Anna
07-24-2004, 12:03 AM
(sorry double post) I've changed my mind. I've decided not to do psychicer Yuna and just bring final fantasy XII Ashe(with sword) and festival goer Yuna(there's too many Yuna's anyway)

Knightfall
07-24-2004, 11:04 AM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I already started the early work for the one costume I've dreamed of doing: The SoulTaker, complete with 4 and-a-half ft. batwings!
Other than that, I probably be dressed as myself(see avatar) and maybe Jin from Samurai Champloo, but its still early, so who knows?

SwordsWoman
07-29-2004, 01:28 PM
i have Chobits planned for A-kon 16. i get to be a costom made chobit! im special, we also have chi, dark chi, plum, and that other tiny persacom so far.

i would love to get a few shots of you, Ky, in your Ky wardrobe at the next A-kon. ^_^ i bet it will be really good too. do you think chobits can fight? Ky Kiske vs. a chobit. hehe that would make for an interesting scene ^_^''

kyandi-chan
07-29-2004, 03:21 PM
RED XIII!!!!!!! on all fours furry style!!! (from ff7)

and irenes the mermaid from chrono cross

if i get time, im still going to do Lady Sara Trantoul from Castlevania Lament of Innocence and pink dress Ulala

Ky Kiske
07-30-2004, 11:54 PM
*Laughs* That'd be cool.."Ky Kiske vs. Chobit..let's rock!" I would do a few stupid photos like that, lol. I'm all about it. I might not be the only Ky though at A-Kon this year..the new Guilty Gear is coming out, and some people may dress as the characters..but I should stick out some. I'll be a female dressed as Ky, and my Thunderseal will actually have an electrical current..and..hopefully I know more French! I know "Je ma'pelle Ky Kiske" (My Name is Ky Kiske.) "Comme tallez vous?" (How are you?) "Et Toi?" (And you?) "Je Taime" (I love you...no clue why I learned this one...) and a bit more...I really need help, lol. But yeah..I'll probably be..the only Ky speeching French..really, really bad French...lol.

enyaoireag
08-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Hm.... I dunno really! ^_^;; Maybe Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist again, Miyako from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Goku from Saiyuki, or Yuki the rat from Fruits Basket! XD Eventually I want to be Sister Rosette from Chrono Crusade, Tsukasa from .hack//SIGN, and Robin from Witch Hunter Robin. I'm such an otaku T_T

Proz
08-03-2004, 09:27 PM
I already have my costume for A-kon 16 planned out. It'll be something along the same general idea as the Pocky boxes I've seen at cons but it'll be an original creation that every con regular will be able to relate to yet amazingly, AFAIK, never been done.

Yes this is an extremely broad & general post. I guess what I'm saying is that be ready to see a surprise @ A-kon.

PirateKitty
08-04-2004, 02:11 AM
If I go more than one day, I'll probably like to use my Chrono Trigger costume I'll be making this fall.
But there's some talk amongst my friends about going as a RG Veda group. Yeah- old school CLAMP baby!

kyandi-chan
08-04-2004, 02:55 AM
I already have my costume for A-kon 16 planned out. It'll be something along the same general idea as the Pocky boxes I've seen at cons but it'll be an original creation that every con regular will be able to relate to yet amazingly, AFAIK, never been done.

Yes this is an extremely broad & general post. I guess what I'm saying is that be ready to see a surprise @ A-kon.

please cosplay a bag of skittles. i will be so happy if you do!

Lady Subaru
08-04-2004, 11:57 AM
I'm planning on going as Tohru Honda "the thing" dress from Fruits Basket... don't know yet if I'll be cosplaying as anyone else for A-kon 16 ^^;;

Scortia
08-04-2004, 12:14 PM
PirateKitty: Doooo RG Veda group pleeeeeease! So I can worship your Kujaku. ;p I'll be there as Tsubasa-version Ashura-oh....

Other costumes... I'll likely bring Rydia and a J-rock costume... unsure on the other two yet.

Malicious
08-06-2004, 12:51 AM
jubei-chan the ninja girl
maybe upgrade my baiken costume( with a nice red wig this time, and better katana)
trance Kuja or Ayame in his red gown outfit from Fruits Basket

dom's_gurl
08-07-2004, 04:40 PM
HI ANNA-CHAN!!i do NOT have pitch issues!!

Anna
08-07-2004, 04:47 PM
You do sometimes!
P.S WHy did you post this here anyway Lindzy? Your'e supposed to PM me too tell me "personal" things.

Ky Kiske
08-10-2004, 11:00 PM
Cool..a Baiken, lol. That'd be great to see!

Yusuke Urameshi
08-11-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm putting together a Wolfwood. So I'll wear that at least one day, in addition to my Yusuke.

Dai
08-17-2004, 06:34 PM
Well... mine's in my signiture... Alucard, Rip and Yumiko
and I'm probly dragging a friend along as Schrodinger :D

PirateKitty
08-17-2004, 06:44 PM
PirateKitty: Doooo RG Veda group pleeeeeease! So I can worship your Kujaku. ;p I'll be there as Tsubasa-version Ashura-oh....

Other costumes... I'll likely bring Rydia and a J-rock costume... unsure on the other two yet.
Mmm Kujaku- you have good taste. :)
Sadly, we'll likely be skipping the Rg Veda- I and my friends have been asked to take over some EGL events at the con- so we'll likely be dressing up for that. :)

Anna
08-17-2004, 06:54 PM
I'm gonna have ALOT of people come with me to A-kon next year. Not many of them have internet so they asked me to put this up le'see(they might change their minds though seeing as for most it will be their first time cosplaing and none of them understand what thyere getting into yet). There going as
Zidane (ff9)
Serge(chrono Cross)
Serious Sam (serious sam)
Kagome(Inyuyasha)
Moogle Girl( I'm commisioning this for a friends little sister)
Ed (cowboy bebop)
Sora (kingdom hearts)
Thief (FF 1)
I think that's it .

Hotaru_Yumi
08-18-2004, 07:05 PM
last year at A-Kon 15 was my first real anime convention. So I didn't get interested in cosplay until I saw all the other kids having fun lol so then I wanted to as well. My main goal for A-Kon 16 is to dress as Faye Valentine (cowboy bebop) and Luffy form one piece.
lol hopefully the costume will work out ok..I have already started work on Faye's out fit.

Da Tenshi Kurai
08-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Hee, I'm working on putting together a DeadZone Alucard costume (Hellsing). Either that, or Akabane Kourudo (Get Backers).

If I get psychotic enough over it, I might even try to be Peten the Dark Clown from the Yugioh movie >_>;;....

Maril
08-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Hee, I'm working on putting together a DeadZone Alucard costume (Hellsing). Either that, or Akabane Kourudo (Get Backers).

If I get psychotic enough over it, I might even try to be Peten the Dark Clown from the Yugioh movie >_>;;....

....what about master of monster alu-kun
oh and me
im still confused on what to pic but im msot definantly gonna cosplay
rip [Da Tenshi Kurai's black cat :heart: ](mostly black/cute gothic clothes and black cat ears.) spiked callor, black gloves, and leash are optional :p
and
rip [from hellsing manga (ww2 ensamble)]
im still questioning on wether i do seras or dawn alucard

Da Tenshi Kurai
08-27-2004, 04:29 PM
....what about master of monster alu-kun
oh and me
im still confused on what to pic but im msot definantly gonna cosplay
rip [Da Tenshi Kurai's black cat :heart: ](mostly black/cute gothic clothes and black cat ears.) spiked callor, black gloves, and leash are optional :p
and
rip [from hellsing manga (ww2 ensamble)]

Dear dear, DeadZone is the name of Alucard's bondage form. :)

Maril
08-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Dear dear, DeadZone is the name of Alucard's bondage form. :)
oh :thumbsup:
i need to re read the manga again

should i get a tail for kitty rip's costume?

Da Tenshi Kurai
08-27-2004, 04:36 PM
Yus. :3 That would make it purrfect, dear.

Maril
08-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Yus. :3 That would make it purrfect, dear.
pun PUN!!!

kitty tail it is then
meow

JoDB
09-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Chimera Shou Tucker from Full Metal Alchemist. My brother might be riding on my shoulders.

ZakuKitty
09-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Changed my stuff up a bit...most likely I will be cosplaying Albel from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Nidaime from Naruto, Jui from the group Vidoll and Kojiro from The Irresponsible Captain Tylor(big if on this one). I may throw in Ash from Phantom Brave as well.

:bigtu:

ShineJob
09-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Changed my stuff up a bit...most likely I will be cosplaying Albel from Star Ocean: Till the End of Time, Nidaime from Naruto, Jui from the group Vidoll and Kojiro from The Irresponsible Captain Tylor(big if on this one). I may throw in Ash from Phantom Brave as well.

:bigtu:

Zaku! YES YES YES, be Nidaime! I take pictures, nyu n_n

Randomness strikes again O____o;

ZakuKitty
09-14-2004, 12:49 AM
Zaku! YES YES YES, be Nidaime! I take pictures, nyu n_n

Randomness strikes again O____o;

I'll be Nidaime at Oni-Con too. :bigtu:

So you are doing Nadesico cosplay eh? I'll have to get a pic of that. ^^

ShineJob
09-15-2004, 02:53 PM
SQUEE! *wishes A-kon would get here*

Hai hai *flush* It's my first costume. I have the vest almost done, just need the skirt and badges and stuff O_o

Dai
09-15-2004, 05:40 PM

I think you should do Dawn Alucard :D

Maril
09-22-2004, 08:25 AM
I think you should do Dawn Alucard :D
i might have to post pone that one for another con....or whenever ill even look good in a dawn alucard outfit.
anywho
iv decided to go as blood seras.
...so insane and such :3

Littlest Washuu
09-23-2004, 05:03 PM
I'm planning out my costumes right now but I've decided on
2 Rabi-en-Roses from Digi Charat
one based on this pic http://www.animegalleries.net/album/214/img/1
the other on this one http://satanachia.at.infoseek.co.jp/rabi_en_rose2.jpg and Aura from the .hack// games

Tentacle_Guy
09-24-2004, 05:24 PM
I might change it up a bit for A-kon. I think I'll go as The Tentacle Guy, instead of Mr. Tentacle Guy.

baku_neko
09-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Gonna go as Uchiha Sasuke from Naruto and Echizen Ryoma from Prince of Tennis. I can hardly wait! ^^

Wedge
09-25-2004, 02:13 AM
My Junior will be making a second appearance... at least on Saturday. I may toss something more comfortable together for Friday/Sunday (toying with street clothes Ayato or perhaps Pazu from castle in the sky)

UPDATE 2004.10.28 - Looks like S. Leonhart on Friday. Sunday will be whichever gets the better reaction.

Grit
09-27-2004, 12:01 PM
I'll probably work on my Zabuza costume some more and wear that again for part of it (already refining the sword, just need supplies) But I'm also putting together a Rival Schools' Daigo costume that I have big hopes for. A friend of mine is going to be Roll from the Mega/Rockman games; we shall be a Conspiracy of Capcom Costumes... though it's a rather small conspiracy so far.

Much fun shall be had!

Oh... and I have rather ambitious plans for an eventual Monev the Gale... We'll see how far that gets. Definately won't be next year.

YES! We need more Gung Ho Guns at A-Kon.

For A-kon I'm thinking of going as Wolfwood w/ Cross Punisher and Confessional...provided I'm staying at a room. I think I'll do that for two days and then go as Leonof The Puppet Master for one of the days. It all depends on what my friend's plans are really.

It's ambitious but...If I go solo to A-Kon I'm hoping to go as Nightmare from SC2. But that's highly unlikly so I'll go as Wolfwood/Leonof.

Ky Kiske
10-01-2004, 11:19 PM
Aside from doing Ky, I may also do Albel Nox (Star Ocean) and Itsuki Tachibana (Fatal Frame 2) But..Ky's my big costume ^_^

JoDB
10-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Scratch Shou Tucker. Something about my brother being to heavy for me to keep him upside down on my shoulders for more than 2 minutes.

Hohenhiem of the Light and ANBU Kabuto will return to Akon.

Takura
10-07-2004, 12:41 AM
A friend and I are going as uchiha Itachi and Hoshigaki Kisame.. and maybe.. just maybe Ill bring my Imperial Guard costume again.. I didnt bring it to akon 15 =/

Yusuke Urameshi
10-09-2004, 01:34 AM
My mind has exploded with cosplay ideas as of late, so....

Yusuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Nicholas D.Wolfwood (Trigun)
Heero Yuy (Gundam Wing)
Sagara Sanosuke (Rurouni Kenshin)
Spike Speigel (Cowboy Bebop)

Artema
10-18-2004, 02:11 PM
-points to sig- A bit ambitious for me. >.>'

I plan to cosplay/crossplay:

Straightjacket!Alucard (Hellsing)
Elphaba (Wicked) - Okay, so it's not an anime. :P But it's a joint effort, as I've a friend costuming as Glinda. >3 yeegoingtobefun!
Samara/Sadako (The Ring/Ringu)
Harry Potter (Harry Potter) - I'll be tweaking him abit so he's styled more after my rp version of him.
Severus Snape (Harry Potter) - I'm leaning towards just making a femme version of Severus. Haven't really decided just yet.

Sev, Harry and Samara are mostly complete and Alucard'll just take a few parts to complete. Elphie's freaking me out and I haven't even looked at patterns x.x;

If I manage to finish all of them, I might drag along Trinity for the heck of it and I'd really like to do an Integra. >3 uwaaaa, I've too much to do...

Dai_Katana
10-18-2004, 11:54 PM
Sorry that i stole that Dai guys name (or atleast part of it) But that is my ninja name so w/e ne ways.... im new here and i live in Dallas Texas Im going as an ANBU with my friend we are going in cloaks with ANBU masks!

Alithevampire
10-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Does anyone know a rough date of when it's coming back to dallas? I'd like to go to it. If I do get to go, then I'm going as Kikyou.

Shera
10-27-2004, 07:12 PM
A-Kon 16 is June 3rd - 5th. :D

keyoume
10-28-2004, 03:50 PM
-haha, had to come in and edit this- ^_^; me and 3 other people are going to be a tokyomewmew group!...hopefully >>;.......

Xenocore
10-28-2004, 08:31 PM
I'll be going as Kurosaki Ichigo from bleacha and Kakashi from Naruto. I have alot more of my friends going this year too :)
One of my friends is going as oro (from naruto, i cant spell...), and well.. another friend is doing oro... but with the dead arms from the later episodes.
I can wait to go! I have ushicon to go to untill then though.. but i still cant wait.

Technoir
10-28-2004, 10:03 PM
We have almost the entire cast of the Escaflowne movie going to A-kon. XD They may cancel, but we're at least going to have Dilandau (me) and Van (my friend). I'm working so hard on this costume too. >_< *excited*

More than likely I'll also be dragged into a Ragnarok Online cosplay group for a little bit -- I haven't decided on whether to be a Monk, a Hunter or a Priestess. Any opinions?

I might also try to do a costume of Baron from Whispers of the Heart and The Cat Returns. X3 /pif If not for A-kon, then AnimeFest and so-on.

PS - You guys spoiled my idea too. I was just talking about how I'd never seen anyone do the white-haired bondage Alucard from Hellsing and how I wanted to try it. XD; Looks like someone beat me to it.

Scortia
10-28-2004, 10:37 PM
We have almost the entire cast of the Escaflowne movie going to A-kon. XD They may cancel, but we're at least going to have Dilandau (me) and Van (my friend). I'm working so hard on this costume too. >_< *excited*

OMG... I've been pondering whether I should make young Folken for A-kon... you know, from the black and white sequence that lasted like 10 seconds. o.o Good luck with yours... I'm now more compelled to make this costume... especially if you have a Hitomi. :P

Technoir
10-29-2004, 12:44 PM
OMG... I've been pondering whether I should make young Folken for A-kon... you know, from the black and white sequence that lasted like 10 seconds. o.o Good luck with yours... I'm now more compelled to make this costume... especially if you have a Hitomi. :P

Well, then, do it! X3 I can always scratch my other costumes and make a Hitomi costume on the side, shouldn't be too much trouble! I've been waiting ages to do Escaflowne cosplay, so this is very exciting. :D

Scortia
10-29-2004, 01:39 PM
lol you don't have to go out of your way to be Hitomi, but yeah, if I have enough time I will be there as child Folken. stupid graduation may give me issues though. >_< Yes movie Escaflowne (heck the tv series too) cosplay is so rare these days. So sad.

SchizoIori
11-06-2004, 03:37 AM
Late poster here. I'm going as ANBU Itachi and Akatsuki Itachi, and I'm going to have a Yondaime with me Yay! I hope we can find some other Naruto cosplayers to do pics with.

My Akatsuki Itachi costume is 50% done. I already have the sharigan eyes too. The ANBU Itachi is about 40% done.

the only vash
11-07-2004, 04:53 PM
My brother and I will be going as Itachi and Kisame. All we are really worried about is getting the sharingan eyes ordered. It will feel kinda weird seeing as I'm almost a foot taller than he is. And if possible, he would like to do Shikamaru, and me as Chouji, and we might be able to get an Ino in our group. Not sure just yet.

KonohaGirl
11-07-2004, 06:41 PM
For all you Naruto cosplayers going to the upcoming A-kon, keep an eye out for the Sand nins! My Kankurou, Temari, and Gaara group has their costumes done for the most part, and we're ready to rock and roll. My Temari costume is looking pretty great and all I lack is the fan, my cousin (Gaara) needs his gourd painted and my friend Ryan (Kankuro) has everything but the shoes. The height is pretty good and all with me standing at five six, my cousin at five four, and Ryan at five ten. Meh, enough of the costume summaries, hope to see you all there!

kyandi-chan
11-09-2004, 02:13 PM
im cosplaying super sailor chibi moon with a group *psst psst we need the amazon trio* and a special costume ^^

Skyline Kyo
11-10-2004, 09:38 AM
Any SNK and Capcom cosplayers?

I'd love to have another SNK vs Capcom shoot again!