PDA

View Full Version : Magic Knight Rayearth

Alexia Ishtar
07-21-2004, 12:31 AM
I'm currently working on a costume for Fuu Hououji, from the series, not the OVA ( I do own both however). It's the final stage of the armor with the cape and mostly seen in season two when the girls return to Cephiro.

I do plan on making an Umi and Hikaru costume of the ame, but this comes first, cause it just seems like the easiest out of the three, but I'm kind of stumped on the boots. I've never been really good at boot covers, any ideas?

Much thanks!

Digital Blush
07-21-2004, 01:20 AM
boot covers i think i can figure how to do it. all you do is get some high heeled shoes that are the color you need then get matching fabric like suede of pleather and just cut it into a strip as muc as you need, then sew it so it connects to each other then just put it over the boot i think that should work.

Mew_Pudding
07-21-2004, 11:36 AM
*Shudders* Boot covers... >.< I`ve only made one pair (for Zakuro.) But, my upcoming Hanon costume will prolly need them too. I actually used a pattern that I had found that was perfect. I don`t remember the number off hand. x.x; But, it was probably too high for Rayearth boots. ^.^; Although, if you look through some childrens halloween costume pattersn, you could probly find some.

Hope I helped at least a little. ^.^

~*Pudding*~

nozomiwhitewolf
07-21-2004, 03:21 PM
Oh Fuu's is so cute!! I own all of the dolls and armor so it's easy for me, I just look at the doll clothes and try to duplicate it. I have some extra Fuu armor (the kind u are making) and I am gonna sell it on eBay soon...

Alexia Ishtar
07-21-2004, 08:29 PM
Kid's costumes huh? Never thought of that. -_- but whatever works. So far about the only thing I've got going is her sword. My cousin laughed cause it's made out of styrofoam, but it will have plaster on it, but it's still so light ^-^() kind of like her sword. But meh...I'll post pictures once I get the costume started.

So far I'm sort of using patterns and modifying them:

Simplicity5098
Simplicity4996
Simplicity5794

Any other tips would be appreciated!
Much thanks!

*Shudders* Boot covers... >.< I`ve only made one pair (for Zakuro.) But, my upcoming Hanon costume will prolly need them too. I actually used a pattern that I had found that was perfect. I don`t remember the number off hand. x.x; But, it was probably too high for Rayearth boots. ^.^; Although, if you look through some childrens halloween costume pattersn, you could probly find some.

Hope I helped at least a little. ^.^

~*Pudding*~

Luna Hoshino
07-24-2004, 01:14 AM
Heh, I actually made that as my first costume ever years ago. ^^;; What I did for the boots (that actually worked really well) was buy some thick knee socks (so I could fold the tops over), cut a hole for the heel of the shoes I was wearing underneath and then simply pulled them on over a pair of ivory-colored high heels. It was a piece of cake to do and looked just fine.

Maayacola
07-24-2004, 07:16 PM
Knee socks? Cute idea!!!

Alexia Ishtar
07-25-2004, 07:29 PM
Now I feel insanely stupid! Knee socks! OMG I love you!! solved my problem. I absoluetly despise boot covers -_-

Luna Hoshino
07-25-2004, 10:25 PM
Hehe, no problem! That was my feeling as well-- I'd done enough sewing on the costume as it was, and I wanted something that would fit comfortably. Plus, since they go on over the shoes, you don't have to worry about them slipping off or anything like that.

Alexia Ishtar
08-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Hehe, no problem! That was my feeling as well-- I'd done enough sewing on the costume as it was, and I wanted something that would fit comfortably. Plus, since they go on over the shoes, you don't have to worry about them slipping off or anything like that.

Oh my *giggle* Well, I finished the boots, well almost, I just need to put the gems on the side, but, I tried the idea with socks, it wasn't really working for me, so I um...modified it a bit. And I must admit I LOVE DUCT TAPE!

Yes Duct Tape. I used the idea of the socks and then covered them in white duct tape. *giggle* they look like vinyl or something now. But yay Duct Tape *does a happy dance*

SongofAmazon
08-13-2004, 01:21 PM
I made entire shoes of duct tape once then covered them with fabirc and they looked like real shoes. ^_^ Anyhew... on another duct-tape related note, wouldn't their first stage armor look cool and stiff if it was duct tape covered in that off white fabric? It would be fairly accurate for harness. I want to do a Fuu costume some time, but I'm not exactly sure which.

Alexia Ishtar
08-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Actually, I'd have to agree with you, the armor in the first stage would look pretty good done that way. It might take a lot though...and a lot of patience >.> *looks at her large pile of crumped up duct-tape*

Inamichan
08-17-2004, 04:10 PM
Ooh, neat! :D I love Fuu, she's my favorite character from the series... I plan on cosplaying her eventually, in her Fahren clothing because it's just too cute. xD Good luck!

Goddess Zara
08-17-2004, 05:53 PM
*Looks around at all the potential Fuu cosplay ppl* Waah! Come to AX, I could be a pimpin' Ferio! XD

Alexia Ishtar, how were you planning on making the armor?

Kairi G
08-17-2004, 06:08 PM
My friend had a Fuu costume at Otakon and im working on Umi, which i was gonna wear to otakon but couldnt get done in time. We made the Celestial versions with the pretty skirts and armor stuff. We made our armor out of paper clay.
i do have Umi's sword just about done. it just needs to be sealed with resin. Its so awesome, ive spent nearly 15 hours just on the sword! I have pics in my gallery if people wanna see. I should have Umi done within the next few weeks some time.

Inamichan
08-17-2004, 06:15 PM
*Looks around at all the potential Fuu cosplay ppl* Waah! Come to AX, I could be a pimpin' Ferio! XD

And if AX wasn't across the country, I would xD You come to Otakon!

Alexia Ishtar
08-18-2004, 02:05 PM

Alexia Ishtar, how were you planning on making the armor?

I'm not doing the armor form. I'm doing the final battle outfits with the capes and all that.

Kairi G
08-18-2004, 02:09 PM
ah, i like the celestial best. I adore the celestial outfits! Im glad its actually working out for me too! It has been a pretty difficult costume.

Alexia Ishtar
08-18-2004, 02:14 PM
ah, i like the celestial best. I adore the celestial outfits! Im glad its actually working out for me too! It has been a pretty difficult costume.

The only problem I'm having at the moment, other than the boots, was the sword. I've made it out of styrofoam insulation and put plaster on it, then painted, its not very heavy, but it's akward.

I wish I knew more people who were going to CNAnime...none of my friends that go dress up, and even fewer know who Fuu is. *sigh* I need to move to the US.

Luna Hoshino
08-18-2004, 02:51 PM
The sword is gonna be awkward no matter what, sadly. Just be careful not to clobber innocent bystanders with it by accident... XD

Lene
08-18-2004, 04:19 PM
Hmm I've actually been wanting to do Umi for a while. I've just started so I'm settling for starting out with her regular school uniform (and you know if that works out I'll try doing the costumes with the armor and etc.). I can't find any good reference pics for that though? Can anyone help?

Alexia Ishtar
08-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Hmm I've actually been wanting to do Umi for a while. I've just started so I'm settling for starting out with her regular school uniform (and you know if that works out I'll try doing the costumes with the armor and etc.). I can't find any good reference pics for that though? Can anyone help?

Umi's school uniform isn't that much differen't then the first stage of the armor, though, instead of boots she has black leggings. It essentially is a white dress shirt underneath a blue waist length blazer and a lighter blue pleated skirt. here's the best picture I could find. Hope it helps!

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Highrise/4138/marina15.jpg

Kairi G
08-25-2004, 10:19 PM
that would be quite an easy costume. Maybe ill do the school uniform sometime as well. My Celestial Umi has been coming along really nicely. Im almost done with it... i just pretty much have to put it together. If you guys are doing any of the Costumes with armor..... i suggest you use paperclay! thats what i have been using and it is so wonderful!!!!!!

NiGHTmaren
08-26-2004, 11:38 AM
The only MKR costume I'm working on right now is Hikaru Shidou's school uniform. I'm doing it for the Ghetto Photoshoot event, figured it would be easy enough to do based on the rules for the event. Having a bit of trouble with the bow, but other than that I think it actually came out good...XD My boyfriend is probably doing Lantis sometime in the future, I recommended it to him because he looks just like Lantis.

*~Hime no Toki~*