PDA

View Full Version : Peeling Skin! +Eew+

Black_Dog
07-22-2004, 12:31 PM
I know this is really gross, but my skin is peeling from a sunburn I got awhile ago, and I don't want people to be grossed out when they walk by me. And, my costume would look pretty bad if it had skin flakes all over it. +shudders+ Help, anyone?

xiaolong
07-22-2004, 01:16 PM
I know this is really gross, but my skin is peeling from a sunburn I got awhile ago, and I don't want people to be grossed out when they walk by me. And, my costume would look pretty bad if it had skin flakes all over it. +shudders+ Help, anyone?

Lotion, moisturizer. They're your best friends ^^ I get a similar problem after I use Noxzema and then try to apply makeup. It looks horrid. There are lots of different types of moisturizers, so I'm sure you can find one specifically for your skin type and to handle sunburns.

Black_Dog
07-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Alrighty! Thanks a bunch!

China-Lilly
07-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Is it still hurting?

Aloe Vera is great for soothing sunburn.

If you're mostly recovered but still have flakes, then a gentle scrub (like Nivea's) should get rid of those flakes. But if it's still stinging, then just aloe vera and let your skin recover.

Seraphims
07-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Heal and Toe makes this GREAT stuff called sloughing foam. I don't recommend this if your STILL red, but I got sunburned and long after the burn was gone I was peeling. I got it all over my hands when I used it so it shouldn't be bad for your shoulders or wherever your burned,

You put it on and it gets ice cold and then fizzes and pops, let it soak in and it gets really sticky, you rub off the stuicky goo and it takes away all the dead skin, works wonders. any Sally Beauty store would carry it