PDA

View Full Version : Eurobeat King Presents: San Diego Comic Con 2004 Pictures!

Eurobeat King
07-23-2004, 12:00 AM
Hey everyone,

I managed to survive Day #1 of San Diego Comic Con, and exhausted and all, I've still got the drive to stay up and post pics from the day. Thanks to Admin for making the gallery, you can check out what I post from the day(s) here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=9033

I took about 450+/- pics, which include the costumes that I saw around the con, some of the cool booth displays, and photoshoots of my friends that I took of like Kell, SomethingLulu, Sana-chan, Freya, Suzushichan, Nemesiscat, Pikminlink, Mich, ZenDragon, and more. :) Thanks to everyone who posed, and I look forward to more in the following 3 days!!

Enjoy, please comment, and I'll post again here with updates of pics throught the weekend!! ciao~ :skidude2:

kelldar
07-23-2004, 12:56 AM
gah you are so fast~

Eurobeat King
07-23-2004, 01:06 AM
Kell: I wish the hotel I'm at had faster internet, else I'd post the 450+ pics I took just for today a LOT faster, and hopefully be finished before I really get tired.. But, I'll take what I can get.. ;) Sorry I missed you She-Ra costume this morning, but at least I got your Tira costume (from He-Man) and your Hild (OMG) and will take more pics of what you wear, w/o missing any tomorrow.. ;)

sarabug
07-23-2004, 08:55 AM
these are great! keep posting, i couldn't make it out there this year, so it's great to be able to see some of the amazing costumes so early! thanks a ton!

Reaver
07-23-2004, 10:23 PM
Man! u are fast! sux that there isnt faster internet though XP. Ah well, Thanks Eurobeat!

Eurobeat King
07-24-2004, 03:01 AM
UPDATE: Day #2 got better, with a lot more Star Wars and LOTR cosplayers appearing, but overall I was surprised that after 2 hectic days of SDCC I only came out with 1077+/- pics for both days. I'm guessing because there weren't too many organized gatherings like at AX, where I could go to a gathering and just shoot away with pics while the cosplayers just stood there and posed. But I'm glad I got more photoshoots today with cosplayer friends, and tomorrow will be even more hectic with a LOT of pics of Star Wars cosplayers and the 501st gathering.. not to mention the masquerade.. hehe Picture-wise: I managed to post ALL of Thursday pics, and a little from Friday's pics, so rest assured if I took your picture on Friday but haven't posted it, it's due to this bloody hotel's 56k modem, otherwise all the pics would've been posted by now, and I'd get to sleep each night sooner.. :thumbsup:

Here's the break-down (so far) of the pics that I've taken, so that you'll know when each day starts & finishes and which cosplayer pics belong to which day. Enjoy, and keep those comments coming!! :D

Thursday, July 22nd: cc0001 to cc0441
Friday, July 23rd: cc0442 to cc1077 (+/- a few when I get around to them)

kyojin_alex
07-24-2004, 03:13 AM
Damn dude, you got those pics up fast. you rock. :bigtu:

sarabug
07-24-2004, 09:09 AM
why can i only see the first 546 photos?

Eurobeat King
07-24-2004, 09:55 AM
sarabug: I've u/l 1047 pics onto my hard-drive only, so I know the total # of pics I've taken for the first 2 days. However, due to the slow speed of the internet at the particular hotel I'm staying at, it takes about 10 mins. to post 20 pics.. :thumbsup: My DSL modem at home usually posts 20 pics in 2 mins, so there's quite a difference being away at home.. So I'm able to only post as many as I can before going to sleep around 1-2am, and getting up around 7:30am to do it alllll over again the next day.. Next year I'll choose a different hotel, and so I should be able to post a lot more each day.. I appreciate your (and everyone else's) patience as I post them. When I get home on Monday, the u/l process of the pics will be a LOT faster.. ;)

UPDATE: Since I'll be taking pics of the masquerade tonight (Saturday) I won't be able to u/l any pics until late this evening, and if I do they won't be too many, probably 100 maximum, and they'll be from Friday's pics.

sarabug
07-24-2004, 10:06 AM
Ah, ok, that's fine, i thought i was doing something dumb! hehehe, thanks soooo much for taking the time to post these for us, i'm totally living vicariously through your album! great job!

Scruffy Rebel
07-25-2004, 12:44 AM
Awesome pics, man! You got some great ones of some of my friends...lol, and somehow none of me in costume. Hopefully you have one that you have yet to upload. I was going around with a particular friend all Thursday through today, and I can't imagine how you would have missed us...especially since you've seen to have gotten the majority of all main costumes seen there.

~Oracle

Eurobeat King
07-25-2004, 12:04 PM
oracle: Thanks for the compliments! Incidentally, which costume(s) did your friends wear, and which one did you wear that I missed? (my apologies if I did!)

UPDATE: Posted up to around 3:30pm on Friday for now, finishing up with the RaiderQuest forum group shots and Kell's gorgeous Phoenix costume. After that, I'm packing up the computer here, driving a hopefully-fast-8-hour-drive, and won't be posting pictures again until Monday evening (7/26) after 8pm PST. So please view & comment on the pics (nicely!) and look for more pics soon! Thanks for your patience!! :D

Scruffy Rebel
07-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Yeah I saw Kell around a lot...yet I never said hi, I'm such a dope.

Oh, my friend was Jack Sparrow (male), and I was Elizabeth Swann in the plum gown. We were around were a pirate crew on Thursday. And if he wasn't with me on Friday or Saturday, he'd be with a girl in just the shift dress - who you got some pics of up already. Sometimes all three of us were together.

~Oracle

EDIT: nevermind, I just saw about five pics of me and/or my friend currently on page 19. Yay! :dance:

Eurobeat King
07-26-2004, 05:45 AM
UPDATE: Back home at last!!! After being stuck in SD traffic for 3 hours, and then stuck ON I-5 at the grapevine mountains due to an accident (both sides were shut down for about 30 mins.) I finally made it home around 3:00am and set up my computer.. Ahhhh, so much love to DSL and fast u/l of my pics! :heart: I shall resume u/l pics tomorrow evening after 7pm, so while I'm half-asleep at work tomorrow, please enjoy & comment on the pics I've posted so far, and thanks for your patience!! ;)

No total count on the # of pics I took over the weekend, but I want to say over 3000 at least.. Hopefully I'll have most of them posted before I go to Otakon on Wednesday night, else my brother will assist me in posting them while I'm gone.. So give him some thanks this weekend while I'm away at the biggest East Coast anime con and he's posting pics from SDCC for me. :bigtu:

pegasusmaiden
07-26-2004, 09:15 PM
I was so happy I ran into you at the con. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to find anyone there. Soooo many people. For some reason it was hard to find cosplayers at the con and gatherings were also hard to locate. I couldn't find the 501st booth for the longest time. And even when I made it to the right side of the convention hall I still couldn't find it. I hope you got a good pic of Steve in his Darth Maul costume. I feel really bad I wasn't able to make the star wars gathering.

Overall thanks Eurobeat you're the best. *hugs thankies thankies

caliph o'clowns
07-27-2004, 12:03 AM
you are delightful, mr. eurobeat king--thanks for all your hard work! this year was my first full weekend at the convention, and my first time in a masquerade (or seeing one, for that matter...eee!) you already have so many of my favourite con memories captured, and i'm excited to see whatcha got from saturday night :) remember to eat/sleep too.

*ms. a

Ami Yuy
07-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Aw, I missed you again this year. *sighs* Well, I know Kenney got a pic of the Sat LOTR gathering and I guess we'll just have to find you next year. ^_^

Eurobeat King
07-27-2004, 04:06 AM
Ami Yuy: Yeah, I'm sorry that I missed you too at SDCC this year.. It got hectic around 1-2pm on Saturday, with the LOTR and X-men gatherings going on, (both of which I missed) and then I had to dash back to my hotel to get fresh batteries and made it in time for the Final Fantasy gathering that took place after 2pm. I made it Sunday for the LOTR gathering, and it was quite a surprise to see L to the 3rd & FlameSniperRei (and their other sister) make it to the gathering, so we had a good LOTR group there for photos. :) There's next time at Animagic, so we'll meet again sooon!

UPDATE: Alright!! I finished posting a lot of pictures tonight, and just finished the Final Fantasy gathering, so we're around 3pm on Saturday. Coming up next will be some photoshoots of friends, the HUGE Star Wars gathering, more photoshoots, and then the masquerade pictures where I took a lot at the press-photo area, and then some backstage. The total # of pics for the weekend (to my surprise) was no more than 2450 pictures, so I should be done with all of them before heading off to Otakon on Wednesday night. Thanks again for your patience, and hope what you like so far!! :D

pegasusmaiden
07-27-2004, 06:50 AM
Great yay can't wait to see the star wars gathering at least I will get to see it here. :D

Oh also can I use your pics of me in my gallery? ^^ Please.

Eurobeat King
07-27-2004, 10:25 AM
pegasusM: Of course you may! Thanks for asking, and Happy Birthday (at the con it was) again!! :)

Dany
07-27-2004, 02:10 PM
I found me as Dawn!

:)

I JUST got home this morning, and am at work presently. I'll need to probably do the heavy surfing tonight when I am at home.

Wow.

pegasusmaiden
07-27-2004, 02:34 PM
pegasusM: Of course you may! Thanks for asking, and Happy Birthday (at the con it was) again!! :)

Thankies again. :) Wheeee more pics to add ^^ :jjacks:

bob_owns_me
07-27-2004, 03:43 PM
the con was awsome and so r the pics. hope to see some of my friends soon

FivePastZero
07-27-2004, 06:28 PM
this was my first cosplaying experience... wow.... it was fun i ran into eurobeat king couldnt have done it without my girlfriend Genki_usagi it was a blast

Neo_Serenity
07-27-2004, 09:36 PM
I just looked through the (83 pages) of pics, and they are great! But you didn't get any of me or my friend! (makes a sad face) Maybe next year... Also, I was looking for the pics from masquarade... I was there, but it would be nice to see 'good' pics of the participants up close. I didn't see them under the heading of San Diego Comic Con 2004 on your page (I clicked the link from the other posting...). I was just wondering if you hadn't posted them yet, and if you have, where they might be. Thanks!

-Neo (Queen) Serenity-chan!

Eurobeat King
07-27-2004, 10:24 PM
NeoSerenity: What costume(s) did you and your friend wear? The masquerade pics haven't been posted yet, so please be patient and they'll be up sooon. :)

Neo_Serenity
07-27-2004, 11:20 PM
I was wearing Tsukino, Usagi's (Sailor Moon's) school uniform- white blouse, blue sailor collar, blue pleated skirt, black mary janes with white socks. My long blonde hair was done up in odangos. My friend was wearing a classic Lara Croft costume- green shirt, short khaki shorts, black belt with holsters and thigh garters, along with a ginormous :) gold belt buckle. She also had black boots and her red in hair in the customary Lara braid. We were there all day long on Saturday.

I am ever patient for your great masquerade photos. :) Thanks for the reply, and let me know if you did get some of us after all...

Eurobeat King
07-28-2004, 01:26 AM
Hey everyone,

UPDATE: I've posted pictures right up to where the masquerade is about to begin, so the next pics I post will be of the Saturday night masquerade, starting with pics taken from the press-photo area, and then some of my friends and cosplayers back-stage. Thanks to my friend Melissa for giving me a backstage-pass, as it allowed me to get some really nice solo & group pics of the contestants backstage after their wonderful performances! :) However, since I'm leaving for Otakon in the early evening, I may not be able to post pics from SDCC until I return from the con on Sunday.. :( I may try to resize at least the masqy pics for my bro to post while I'm away, else when I return I'll finish up. So thanks for your patience in waiting for the masqy & Sunday pictures, and please comment on the pics while I'm away!! ciao! -EBK

2ND UPDATE: The masquerade pics, including the press-photo area ones, the ones I took backstage, and then some last-minute evening pictures before dragging myself back to the hotel for sleeeeep, will go up sometime during this weekend while I'm away to Otakon. My brother will post them (anytime between Thursday or Friday) so keep an eye out for them as he posts them. All these pictures will be #cc1745 to cc2191 if you need to look-up specific pics for the masquerade. (Congrats again to the winners!!) When I return from Otakon, I'll finish up SDCC's Sunday-pics (about 400) which will include more photoshoots of friends, a small but cool LOTR gathering, and good-bye pictures. Until then, enjoy the pics and comment (nicely!) as I look forward to reading your comments when I return.. ciao~ -EBK

PunkJr
07-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Ack, all I get are those evil red x's... am I doing something wrong?

GhostYurei
07-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Back home at last!!! After being stuck in SD traffic for 3 hours, and then stuck ON I-5 at the grapevine mountains due to an accident (both sides were shut down for about 30 mins.) I finally made it home around 3:00am...

I feel your pain, we got stuck in the same traffic going home and arrived around the same time. Thanks for your hard work taking and uploading photos, though! It's really nice not having to worry about catching everyone I see at con. I usually say "I bet Eurobeat King will get them later." And you always do :)
Thanks!

normawp
07-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Your site is the best, Eurobeat King. Thanks for posting my pix. I'm the one dressed as Xena. My husband started to wear his Doc Savage costume for the first time at the con.

Norma, Xena Wannabe

Eurobeat King
08-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Ahhh.. back from Otakon, which was maybe half as big as SDCC, but TWICE as busy!! :thumbsup: But as promised, I'm home now and have finished posting ALL of my SDCC pics, including the ones from the last day, Sunday. You can view the final pics here:

Thanks again to everyone who posed for pictures, and I hope you like what I took at my favorite non-anime-cosplay con! Please comment as much as you like, and I look forward to seeing everyone next year!! ciao~ -EBK :skidude2:

KelBebop
08-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful photos! It's great to get a second chance to see all the cool costumes I missed!

All good things,
Kel

Ahhh.. back from Otakon, which was maybe half as big as SDCC, but TWICE as busy!! :thumbsup: But as promised, I'm home now and have finished posting ALL of my SDCC pics, including the ones from the last day, Sunday. You can view the final pics here:

Thanks again to everyone who posed for pictures, and I hope you like what I took at my favorite non-anime-cosplay con! Please comment as much as you like, and I look forward to seeing everyone next year!! ciao~ -EBK :skidude2:

JainaMSolo
08-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Eurobeat King, you are *awesome.* Thank you so much for all the great photos! Your pic of my Sikozu (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=173224&sort=1&size=medium&cat=9033&page=70) is my absolute favorite of all the pictures I've seen of me in that costume.

Caitlin

ssjbulma_tb1
08-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Hey did you get any pictures of an Inuyasha or Rabi-en-Rose cosplayer? Thanks! (sorry I just don't have time to look through all your pics and I figured you would know).

Stephanie

Mich
08-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Oooh great,great pics! It was fantastic to meet you,and I'm saving up for next year too,so maybe we can meet up again...I miss you already though!
*Big hugs*

Eurobeat King
08-14-2004, 01:09 PM
Mich: Likewise! I'm glad I got to meet you and your family, and thanks for posing for the mini-photoshoots we did. :) I look forward to seeing you next year should you choose to return to SDCC!

ssjb: I don't recall taking your pics as IY or RER.. if you checked my gallery and didn't see them, then I missed them. Sorry about that, but SDCC was huge and trying to find 1 person out of 90,000 people that weekend was tough. I missed some of my friends' costumes also, and I kick myself for that too. There's always Animagic in October in So.CA if you're going to that. :)

JainaM: Thanks for posing! You and your friends did a great job doing your Farscape costumes, so I did my job in trying to get good pics of them. Glad you liked them!

AnaMaria
08-14-2004, 09:36 PM
The Jack Sparrow!! And Hunter S Thompson was GREAT!

eikichi_onizuka
10-06-2004, 10:20 AM
cool photos man!!!BTW i was wondering, who was that girl who cosplayed as KOS-MOS at this years comic con?? i saw her around during the Convention. shes kinda cute :love: