PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Cosplay...?

lunar_kitsune
07-23-2004, 03:13 AM
As long as everyone's asking about Digimon and Yu-gi-Oh, I wonder...does anyone do Pokemon cosplays anymore? I've seen one....cosplayer. Cosplaying as Ash. And a Misty I think. But does anyone actually attempt the pokemon? Is it because Pokemon is considered childish or am I just missing all the illusive the pokemon cosplayers out there?

~Shini

EDIT: I also have to ask, how could I work with the hair? The average Pokemon character's hair is gravity-defying...And some of the cute costumes are kinda hard... ;_;

ash_chan
07-23-2004, 03:16 AM
Well @ FanimeCon, some Fan Artists dressed up as Team Aqua...or was it Team Magma?...well, it was one of those two...hmm...now I'm gonna be up all night trying 2 remember...

Spiffy
07-23-2004, 03:41 AM
I'm cosplaying as Pikachu at Otakon next week~ *points to sig*

Digital Blush
07-23-2004, 04:23 AM
i'm wanting to cosplay as Musashi from Team Rocket or my friends made up team rocket member :D who is obsessed with Kojiro XD

xryu_dragonx
07-23-2004, 06:01 AM
kool, haha i think i saw an Ash cosplay pic on here somewhere, haha he was smoking though. i thought that was funny. ne 1 saw that?

Drackt
07-23-2004, 09:19 AM
I want to do an EGL Jigglypuff sometime. Jiggles is my favorite character...prolly because she's naughty. :D

Zania
07-23-2004, 10:49 AM
My sister and I are cosplaying as Pikachu and Jigglypuff at Otakon. The costumes are more original designs, since we didn't want to do animal-like suits, but I think we should be recognizable when we're together. We should have little pokemon plushies with us to help people figure it out ;) Look for the two girls in pink and yellow!

lunar_kitsune
07-23-2004, 05:45 PM
You're going to the Oni-con, Uchiha? Whee! Well I can't decide on a pokemon to cosplay even if I wanted to. No one would be able to recognize it if it wasn't popular like Pikachu, Pichu, or Jigglypuff, would they? I mean they don't make plushies of all the pokemon... But I was thinking of Swablu or it's evolution. They're so cute.

~Shini

Michi
07-23-2004, 07:39 PM
Every single time a Pokemon cosplay thread comes up I find it necessary to mention that I have wanted to cosplay my own version of Meowth/Nyaasu for years. I've also played with the idea of being Jessie/Musashi, but the hair has gotten in the way of that. Dammit. I also have some random cosplay ideas from the video games. Ehehe.

As for the hair... For something like Ash or Misty you'd just need some gel and a blowdryer. ^_^v

Archelon
07-23-2004, 11:27 PM
I plan on cosplaying as the poke-pimp daddy himself, Brock! Someday. Argh, I'm gonna have to constantly squint. Which reminds me of a quote from the Toshihiro Ono manga. A guy yelled at Brock, "Why don't you open your eyes when you speak?!" XD Classic.

lunar_kitsune
07-23-2004, 11:31 PM
Hey! I have to tell you, if you -do- do Brock and you can sing, there's a song you can listen to on the Pokemon Jukebox at the official site calls "Two Perfect Girls" or something. It's Brock singing and it's really catchy! So kawaii~! ^.^

~Shini

Archelon
07-23-2004, 11:33 PM
I know the song. "A one woman guy's what I wanna be, but there're two perfect girls for me! Jenny, oh Jenny! Joy, oh Joy! A one woman guy's what I wanna be, but there're two perfect girls for meeeeeeeeeeee!"

lunar_kitsune
07-23-2004, 11:40 PM
I know the song. "A one woman guy's what I wanna be, but there're two perfect girls for me! Jenny, oh Jenny! Joy, oh Joy! A one woman guy's what I wanna be, but there're two perfect girls for meeeeeeeeeeee!"

Lol!! I gotta say, Brock is ultra awesome and I can't see why he was practically replaced by that Terri dude. I dunno...I like the fact he draws but that's about it...Brock was so much better... Geez, now I've gotta go listen to the song... Sorry if I was doing Brock I'd make a skit out of it...get a Jenny and a Joy. ^.^;

"Ohhh, I've tried and I've tried and I've searched way deep inside... From these two I won't choose; I can't stand the bad news bout the name of the girl that I'm gonna looooose!!!"

Michi! That idea sounds cool you should try it. Meowth is cute...if...you...can...ignore his big fat mouth. Normal Meowths are cute too.

Archelon
07-23-2004, 11:43 PM
But his mouth is what makes him so lovable.

lunar_kitsune
07-23-2004, 11:46 PM
So true, so true... Anyway, if and when you do that Brock, I wanna see! I'm gonna stop talking about this though, it's turning into a conversation...O.O

Archelon
07-23-2004, 11:47 PM
And just what's wrong with a little conversation? XD But yeah, if I can ever get around to cosplaying Brock, I'll let you know.

xryu_dragonx
07-24-2004, 12:07 AM
haha i wonder, do u know if they'v had a cosplay like karaoke contest? c who can dress and sing like the char they chose. i think thatd b fun. if u do go as brock, u should try ur voice talent at that.

Chibi Plush Toy
07-24-2004, 12:16 AM
Brock is cool! You SHOULD make a cosplay of him!! along with the singing :)

Archelon
07-24-2004, 12:23 AM
Don't worry, if I cosplay him, I have every intention of singing. I can do it at a con's karaoke. Heh heh.

xryu_dragonx
07-24-2004, 12:23 AM
hahaha c, the whole singing thing seems 2 b taking a good effect on ppl. ^_^.

Digital Blush
07-24-2004, 01:47 AM
You're going to the Oni-con, Uchiha? Whee! Well I can't decide on a pokemon to cosplay even if I wanted to. No one would be able to recognize it if it wasn't popular like Pikachu, Pichu, or Jigglypuff, would they? I mean they don't make plushies of all the pokemon... But I was thinking of Swablu or it's evolution. They're so cute.

~Shini

me going to oni-con is a 50/50 chance :sigh: ahh why. i hope i can go.

aaobuttons
07-24-2004, 02:58 AM
My husband is going as Ash at DragonCon this year, so if you're going, keep a look out for him!

lunar_kitsune
07-24-2004, 07:13 AM
YOSH! Praise the idea of Pokemon cosplayers karaoke-ing! ...*only says this because since first getting on the TOPIC of Brock's song, has been listening to the stupid songs...* You know, I like ash but his gloves present me with a problem...darn those gloves. I've got too many costumes and too little Con.

Chibi Plush Toy
07-26-2004, 01:14 AM
Heheh I cosplayed Musashi in the 4th grade

LONG HAIR, RED SHIRT ROCKS!

xryu_dragonx
07-26-2004, 06:28 AM
has there ever been a cosplay karaoke competition?

Michi
07-26-2004, 02:28 PM
I designed this catgirl version of Meowth like three years ago. It's so simple but I've never got around to making it! When I finally do it, I have every intention of doing karaoke.. but I want to do the Japanese Meowth songs. I already sang Nyaasu no Uta (Meowth's Song.. an English version was in the dub, that slow song?) once out with friends.. but I must do it in costume. XD Perhaps Nyaasu no Party.. hey they made that in English too. Haha. But I prefer Inuyama Inuko's nyanyan voice to the oddly accented English Meowth. Holy crap I'm rambling. x____x

Pokemon has good music, dammit. My friends and I sang the first Japanese opening for karaoke at Fanime '03. Ehehehe.

xryu_dragonx
07-26-2004, 07:41 PM
haha some1 should do that whole thing they had at the end, u know when they said those pokemon really fast. haha me and my sister tried 2 do that but practically my brian broke down XP haha probably causae we didnt know they liyrics or the order, watever b4 hand.

Spiffy
07-26-2004, 07:50 PM
I'm so happy Pokémon cosplayers are still...errr...existing and stuff. Meowth is my favorite, so I love your ideas, Michi. X3 (And you like Rocky Horror too, apparently...awesooome~)

Um...I wish I had somethiong interesting to add to this conversation, but alas, I don't. ^__^;

Michi
07-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Spiffy ~ Hahaha thankyou. (Rocky Horror is my favorite movie ever. ^^) I should really stop being lazy about that poor costume. Maybe something'll inspire me to finally do it within the next um, year. x_x

Misa-chan
07-26-2004, 08:14 PM
I was Jolteon at Philly Classic Gaming Con, and I at Wizard World this year. ^^ The most amusing thing though was when my friends & I were meeting at the mall so we could go over to Philly Classic and we were in line for the bathroom in costume and people kept staring o.O and then these little kids ran up to me & my friend who was dressed as Jessie and they like.....stalked us o.O;; Hehe. Yeah, not one of my best cosplays, but I got lots of good feedback at PC about the ears......'cept they fall off when I play DDR. XD

*looking for pictures* ^^;;

Chibi Plush Toy
07-26-2004, 08:19 PM
I can do the whole Pokerap XD probably cuz I bought the soundtrack 5 years ago and listened to that track over and over again, yes its referring to the thing at the end of the show when they say all the names...

Archelon
07-26-2004, 11:22 PM
The Pokerap rules! I've got the whole thing memorized. XD

Emiko
07-27-2004, 12:41 AM
I had the whole Pokérap memorized, 5-6 years ago. -_-; I'm considering cosplaying as May* at some point in the future.

*The new girl from Pokémon Advance - is that really her name? in Japanese? in the dub? *confused*

lunar_kitsune
07-27-2004, 12:43 AM
Yeah I think that's her name. The one in one of the newer seasons? With the brown hair, red outfit and spandex bicycle shorts? *nod nod* Good idea.
I don't see much of her personally.

~Shini

Emiko
07-27-2004, 12:48 AM
Yeah, that's the one. I haven't watched the new season either, but I like the outfit.

xryu_dragonx
07-27-2004, 05:53 AM
is there ne where where u can find the whole poke rap lyrics?

lunar_kitsune
07-27-2004, 08:18 AM
You're sooo right Emiko. It is cute.

And Ryu I'm not sure but I think you can lift it off Yahoo in a search for "Pokerap Lyrics" or Animelyrics.com might work too.

~Shini

Spiffy
07-27-2004, 09:08 AM
http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/pokemon/pokprap.htm

I adore animelyrics.com~ =3

xryu_dragonx
07-27-2004, 11:22 AM
wow '_' thats alot 2 memorize.

felicity869
07-27-2004, 01:03 PM
My little brother dressed up as Ash for Fanime...

Chibi Plush Toy
07-27-2004, 01:28 PM
lol I wanna cosplay as May too!!

well i guess in Japanese pronunciation it'd be Mei...so probably a dub?? *shrug* She's cool though

Michi
07-27-2004, 01:34 PM
The new girl from Pokemon Advance, known as May in the dub, is named Haruka in the Japanese version. ^_^

Emiko
07-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Oh, okay. Thank you! :) I almost always prefer to use the Japanese names of the characters.

nekhochan
07-28-2004, 01:14 AM
I was Misty two years in a row at anime iowa. and my friend was pikachu(punk version of pikachu even) at anime iowa last year with me.

Michi
07-28-2004, 06:53 PM
No problem. ^^ I prefer using the Japanese names too, but then again... I'm mostly just a fan of the Japanese version. XD The voice actor cast in it is so great. Not that the English dub is really that bad when it comes down to it, either.

Claireon
07-28-2004, 10:52 PM
I thought Pokemon costumes were kind of a cosplay fad in the past couple years. I did a Flareon at Katsucon 2002. (http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=25295&sort=1&cat=500&page=1)

Yeah, in high school I got myself obsessed with Pokemon--the Japanese version and everything. I'd still be importing the DVD's if I could stomach the prices.

Shutonio
08-01-2004, 12:04 PM
About 5 years ago me and my friend dressed up as Misty and Ash (I was Ash). It was really cool because we looked just like them (It took my mum ages to find the right wig and to help me make the hat... ^_^;; ) And i had a Pikachu plushie pinned to my shoulder... @_@ the pikachu got kinda annoying after a while cos he kept drooping forward. Sadly, we couldn't find anyone to play Brock with us ;_;

Yeah, seeing a Brock cosplayer would be cool.

Ari Rockefeller
08-02-2004, 12:08 AM
I went to Otakon as Ash Ketchum. It was pretty hard not to notice me--I was the biggest Ash cosplayer and I had a Pikachu taped to my hat with electrical tape.

I'll find a picture of me sometime...maybe later.

Ari Rockefeller
08-03-2004, 07:39 PM
Ah, here's one...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v419/theariman/Otakon13.jpg

(still looking for a solo shot of me, though...{resumes search})

Digital Blush
08-04-2004, 08:30 PM
lol :Random: that brock song is on right now :P

Ari Rockefeller
08-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Brock song? I...don't quite understand.

Archelon
08-04-2004, 11:54 PM
There was a song that Brock sang for Pikachu's JukeBox after episodes of the cartoon.

niphrodel
08-09-2004, 02:33 PM
I'm making a Pikachu cosplay for Katsucon '05! It's sort of gonna be a playboy!Pikachu, complete with the yellow fishnet stockings and gloves^_^;;

Michi
08-10-2004, 05:11 AM
Claireon ~ Yeah, I noticed about a couple of years ago or more that a lot of people were doing mascot Pokemon cosplay... I'm glad it wasn't just me. @_@;

xryu_dragonx
08-10-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm making a Pikachu cosplay for Katsucon '05! It's sort of gonna be a playboy!Pikachu, complete with the yellow fishnet stockings and gloves^_^;;

hahaha thats such a great idea. they should have a playboy pokemon group thing, all different pokemon playoby ppl. haha sorry. thats juss such a great idea.

kojirojames2004
01-06-2005, 11:56 PM
I've done James/Kojiro at Pokemon Center events and TCG contests since 2000, and i really enjoy it.

Kate-chan
01-08-2005, 04:16 PM
Archelon did one of these kind of threads, if I remember right!
Anyway, I might cosplay as Kasumi/Misty.

Kate-chan
01-08-2005, 04:26 PM
There was a song that Brock sang for Pikachu's JukeBox after episodes of the cartoon.
I think it was the Kareoke, because that's around the last part of Poke'mon I remember watching regularly, the Johto Journeys.
I found this InuYasha animated gif that made fun of that song. It's right here:
LOL!

Michi
01-08-2005, 04:49 PM
You can edit posts in order to not double post, Kate-chan. ^^;

This is actually an older thread. @_@

GoldfishGirl
01-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Just Thought I'd Share. (http://www.livejournal.com/community/found_objects/1798560.html#cutid1) ...

Kate-chan
01-09-2005, 11:45 AM
You can edit posts in order to not double post, Kate-chan. ^^;

This is actually an older thread. @_@
Sorry about that, I'm not very smart when it comes to computers, believe me. You know that when it takes you three days to poorly edit a chibi Kikyo and I don't usually look at the dates of when they were posted, no offense!:thumbsup:

Timons_grrl
04-25-2005, 08:03 PM
As long as everyone's asking about Digimon and Yu-gi-Oh, I wonder...does anyone do Pokemon cosplays anymore? I've seen one....cosplayer. Cosplaying as Ash. And a Misty I think. But does anyone actually attempt the pokemon? Is it because Pokemon is considered childish or am I just missing all the illusive the pokemon cosplayers out there?

~Shini

EDIT: I also have to ask, how could I work with the hair? The average Pokemon character's hair is gravity-defying...And some of the cute costumes are kinda hard... ;_;

Do you have an old Ash Ketchum jacket I could buy from you? I'm really desperate for one-or how to make one ^^

please email me at: Daisukegirl@hotmail.com

Michi
04-25-2005, 11:37 PM
Do you have an old Ash Ketchum jacket I could buy from you? I'm really desperate for one-or how to make one ^^

please email me at: Daisukegirl@hotmail.com

lunar_kitsune posted that over a year ago. x_X It would be better to send her a PM about that.

Blackjack Gabbi
04-26-2005, 01:37 AM
I plan on going as Jirarudan (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/BlackjackGabbiani/jiddy.jpg) to next year's Sakura Con. Provided I can lose enough to wear something with a straight drop line like his...and can figure out how to do the hair.

Geez, compared to the hair, memorizing his image song will be a breeze!

livvylove
04-26-2005, 04:12 PM
My brother dressed up as Ash. I would love to come up with my own version of one of the pokemon when I get better at sewing and costume making.

Duplica
06-26-2005, 10:39 PM
I got a Torchic doll so I think I'm going to cosplay so Haruka/ May/ Sapphire in Emerald.

Haruka/ MaySapphire in Emerald (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl2/Icons/SapphireEmerald.jpg)

Haruka/ MaySapphire in Emerald Icon (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl2/PokemonLive/i_haruka_emerald.gif)Haruka/ MaySapphire in Emerald Icon 2 (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl2/PokemonLive/i_sapphire_emerald.gif)

And something funing I found out I'm the first person to make is costume. When I take a pic of it I'll pull it up.

Kasumi/ Misty in Advance (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl/PokemonLive2/z_kasumi_ag.jpg)Kasumi/ Misty in Advance 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl/PokemonLive2/KasumiHoren.jpg)

KTMonkeyJ
08-16-2005, 04:09 AM
I got a Torchic doll so I think I'm going to cosplay so Haruka/ May/ Sapphire in Emerald.

Haruka/ MaySapphire in Emerald (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl2/Icons/SapphireEmerald.jpg)

Haruka/ MaySapphire in Emerald Icon (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl2/PokemonLive/i_haruka_emerald.gif)Haruka/ MaySapphire in Emerald Icon 2 (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y107/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl2/PokemonLive/i_sapphire_emerald.gif)

And something funing I found out I'm the first person to make is costume. When I take a pic of it I'll pull it up.

Kasumi/ Misty in Advance (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl/PokemonLive2/z_kasumi_ag.jpg)Kasumi/ Misty in Advance 2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/PrettyDarkMagicianGirl/PokemonLive2/KasumiHoren.jpg)

When i got a Torchic doll for my birthday, i knew i was gonna cosplay as May one day, i just have too ^_^"
yah, i like the emerald version too, i can't wait too see yours!

FullMetalChibi
08-16-2005, 11:35 AM
I am doing a female version of Ash, and my friend is doing a lady Pikachu. While my brother is doing a male version of Misty. We are going to be at Otakon.

Kyuriko
08-16-2005, 04:58 PM
I recently saw Misty's new outfit from the new series, and it's really cute, and I'm itching to make it, or maybe Cassidy from Team Rocket. I'd cosplay May because her outfit is cute too, but I hate May ~_~

Am I one of the only Pokémon fans that liked Tracey? I mean, he wasn't that bad. But yes, Brock is awesome. I still play back that Jenny & Joy song just to be funny.

KTMonkeyJ
08-17-2005, 03:07 AM
I recently saw Misty's new outfit from the new series, and it's really cute, and I'm itching to make it, or maybe Cassidy from Team Rocket. I'd cosplay May because her outfit is cute too, but I hate May ~_~

Am I one of the only Pokémon fans that liked Tracey? I mean, he wasn't that bad. But yes, Brock is awesome. I still play back that Jenny & Joy song just to be funny.

Misty's new outfit looks okay, but it would be so cool if you can make it!
I've seen some cassidy around the cons, she's really cute too.

awww...you hate may? that's too bad :( (tears)

i like tracey too, but not as much ^^ and brock's song..is like one of the best songs in pokemon ever!

Cat-Chans
08-18-2005, 12:52 AM
Pokemon cosplay is the best X3

I have one original Pikachu design that I've worn to a couple of cons, with a few more sitting on the back burner behind some other costumes. My next pokemon cosplay will probably be a Charizard EGL...then probably Jigglypuff, because I love her.

There are so many pokemon that would be so fun to design costumes for, if I ever get stuck on what to do next, I know I'll turn right to pokemon.

I also did make an Ash outfit once, but it was craptackular so I don't count it ^^;

Kyuriko
08-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Misty's new outfit looks okay, but it would be so cool if you can make it!
I've seen some cassidy around the cons, she's really cute too.

awww...you hate may? that's too bad :( (tears)

i like tracey too, but not as much ^^ and brock's song..is like one of the best songs in pokemon ever!

Indeed xDD I could get away with half the Pokémon costumes at school, it would be hilarious if my friends and I did a Pokémon cosplay thing there, but I hope I can get away with it without all the pointing fingers at high school. "EWWW You like Pokémon!" This is one reason I wanna do Misty, so I have an excuse to scare them away. And we both hate bugs.

Wow, you guys are gonna get me into this series all over again, mwahaha, but it feels great! And yeah ~_~ Gomen ~~ but for your sake, since you are so nice, I shall try to like her! I always try to like a character.

Heck yes xP I still listen to my Pokémon 3 Soundtrack. It's the only dub music I really like, so strange. And your Haruka/May is absolutely adorable ^^

Blackjack Gabbi
09-07-2005, 05:30 AM
I love the movie 3 dub music, especially the action theme.

Say...has anyone ever cosplayed as the Iron Mask Marauder? If so, are there pictures?

Nakamura Namiko
09-18-2005, 09:45 PM
I still listen to "Totally Pokemon". It's really cute.

When I was in sixth grade I wanted to cosplay as Kasumi/Misty (before Pokemon Advanced came out). Not really that hard...you'd need a yellow tank top...red suspenders...super short denim shorts...and a red wig.
All of which I had at that time.

I haven't watched Pokemon for a long time though...I didn't know Kasumi was back...*looks at pics*

Oh, gawd, Togepi's evolved too.

Blackjack Gabbi
09-18-2005, 10:37 PM
She's not really back, she just shows up from time to time like Tracey. And Togepi evolved only to leave the show right away.

Nakamura Namiko
09-21-2005, 09:06 PM
Aw. That sucks.
Life goes on.
*goes on with life*
Okay. I'm going on with my life.
*can't go on with her life*
I LOVE KASUMI.

trixyloupwolf
09-21-2005, 10:22 PM
hey!

since its a pokemon forum i think its a good place to put this
sorry for any inconvenien

to anyone here if you wanna some pokemon plushies
i have some and
well togepie is live size
like do the same size wen misty old him it does the same on you...

i have like 7 or 8 to sell....

i want to sell them for 10$....(plush shipping...i think it around 7$or 8$)

so please if you know someone that want to adopt one
email me ok....^^.....

i have to make space in my room but i don't want to trow them away so if anyone could adopt them i will be happy.....

so here the list
-toggepi
-charmander
-warturtle
-snorlax
-butterfree
-bulbasaur
-poliwirl
-spyduck
-lil squicking pikachu (this one just 3$)
-eevee....sold on ebay

well those are my lil cherish one.......
please adopt them soon before my mom tell me to get rid of them like that!

they are like new..some still have there tag on.

and they are rare version since you could only get them wen you played in a strange claw machine....really hard to get belive me....

tanks
here is my email
trixyloupwolf@hotmail.com

Yo-Yo
07-17-2009, 04:08 AM
._. ...Necro-post, man.

Uhh. I didn't find a Pokemon forum, 'cept gijinka. I'm hoping to do Ash for nostalgic reasons soon, and I was wondering if I could get some help.

For his wig, would a New Punk in black from cosworx work best, or should I spike something that's much flatter for the hat's sake?

&For those pockets on his jacket, I'm not sure how to make those nice'n crisp. Any patterns/help? I found the absolute perfect pattern for the jacket, but it doesn't have those pockets.

I hope I didn't miss the other forum, if it does exist... D8!

HMTQ - Madge
10-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Ah, reviving this thread once again. ._.;;

I'll be doing a Leaf cosplay soon (The playable girl character in Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen) and I'm very excited for it! Pokemon LeafGreen was pretty much my very first Pokemon game; so the Leaf cosplay brings quite a bit of nostalgia with it.

I'll also be doing a Team Rocket Grunt for the lulz.