PDA

View Full Version : Homework goodies

LiL QoH
12-06-2002, 12:59 PM
Homework Composition.. just whiped this up last minute for some homework for my image manipulation class... meets most of the requirements but the requirements make it look shitty I think oh well....

What do you think of the overall composition?

http://qoh.homestead.com/files/earth.jpg

Lil Dreamer
12-06-2002, 01:02 PM
are some of the images and body text supposed to overlap like that?? i'm not quite clear on the question.. are u asking if it's a good layout as far as functionality.. or composition in means of.. well.. artistic composition???

Nipple. :)

LiL QoH
12-06-2002, 01:03 PM
Yes T_T he wants us to use gradient alpha channels and I had to do it like that to make him happy... whatever it takes to get an A in the class is ok with meand yes does it function in the lines of like proximinty accednt and movement of the eye shtuff... trying to get a circular movement of the eys so your eyes dont look elsewhere

Lil Dreamer
12-06-2002, 01:16 PM
functionality-wise i don't think it works out too well... there's too many things that derail your eyes off the body content and information, especially the image feathers and the quote clippings. on the plus side, with the exception of the quote clippings and overlapping text and images, everything is laid out neatly and does work out functionality-wise, if u ignore those things i mentioned, nothing detracts from the information your trying to send out. personally, i don't think it's a practical page layout... but if that's what your instructor wants... **shrugs** who am i to argue??

LiL QoH
12-06-2002, 01:26 PM
Ok ignore the body text.. lol thats not suppost to be important... that's why I have the lil torn out notes floating over the text. It's suppost to be a poster that you can glance at and understand what the post is suppost to be about

Lil Dreamer
12-06-2002, 01:32 PM
ah!!! ok then it works... just get rid of the body text now. confuses the eye as to what to pay attention to really.

Maryssa
12-06-2002, 01:32 PM
Did you experiment with having some of the elements bleed off the sides of the page? I think that would make it a little more dynamic.

KitsuNessa
12-06-2002, 01:56 PM
umm.....isn't it supposed to be "Earth's Core?"
like...showing possession?

I hate to be the grammar nazi...

LiL QoH
12-06-2002, 02:19 PM
Come on I'm an animation major, I could care less about grammar right now on a class Im getting an A in :p