PDA

View Full Version : New AX question

Mink
12-06-2002, 12:56 PM
Ok I went to AX last year but went with someone who quite frankly, couldnt stand anime for longer then 5 hours, which is about how long we were there....grrr never again....

Anywho, I have a whole different group of friends going (Members of my anime and cosplay club) and we really wanted to compete with our costumes. The problem is the waiting list for the large masq. is too long (like not THAT many people are just going to drop off) and we have 8 people, which is two too much for the mini masq. and I can break up the band like that. So is there any other costume competition at AX or am I kinda out of luck?

katchoo
12-06-2002, 01:00 PM
I think there is a hall competition. also from another post on this site, there seems to be alot of no shows and you might still get in for the large masq. hth

^_^

Mink
12-06-2002, 01:02 PM
Yeah but I dont know if Im ready for that yet!!!! *giggles**gets shy* *runs off* Like I would probably enter when I see how good my costumes turn out, but until then it just kinda makes me nervous...I dont know how do you guys feel about getting ready for a masq. that you may not be in at all?

katchoo
12-06-2002, 01:07 PM
lol...well at the very least all of us who attend will be able to enjoy your outfits! ^_^ I am in my first comp. in the min masq. I can't seem to get more people to join my group, so it's just going to be me! That scares me more than anything!!!!

Mink
12-06-2002, 01:09 PM
Its just going to be you? That is scary! I couldnt do that! What costume are you going to do?

katchoo
12-06-2002, 01:14 PM
I am planning on doing Paradise Kiss. I wanted to get all the characters, but not enough people know about it, or aren't coming out to AX. So I guess it's just me. *sigh* I really want to do it still, but I don't know how I can compete by myself against cute groups.

any suggestions ?

Mink
12-06-2002, 01:22 PM
LOL you know what you could do...well seems kinda dumb.....you could have all the characters as cardboard cut outs on stage? Like life size ones you know? And just act stuff out with them? I would help but Ive never seen the anime....plus I've got "Dont break up the band yoko!" running thru my head!

At least that would be a different idea....would turn some heads at least

katchoo
12-06-2002, 01:27 PM
lol..that's hilarious!!! Yeah I really wanted to do a run-way fashion show set to Vogue. *manga is about fashion* but that would be a good way to do it. I would have to do all 5 costume then too...

Mink
12-06-2002, 01:31 PM
LOL But at least that would be different from the typical skit you know? And usually that is what wins....that and anyone who does Yatta because its so hysterical!

katchoo
12-06-2002, 01:33 PM
yeah the Yatta thing is hysterical. Well this will be my first AX also. So if I start planning now I could probably do whatever! hehe

Thank you for the encouragement. I really can't wait to meet people. To me that's the most exciting part of this AX.

Mink
12-06-2002, 01:34 PM
No problem me too....Im only dredding the months of costumes...well kinda it will be fun... 5 different group themes times 8 people makes 40 costumes in 6 months....eek!

katchoo
12-06-2002, 01:41 PM
wow that's a lot of costumes!!! Are you bringing them all to AX?

Maryssa
12-06-2002, 04:32 PM
There isnt a hall competition at AX. Its far too big a con for them to keep track of something like that. However, there is a fashion show and mini-masquerade. You should check the AX website to find out more about htose.

katchoo
12-06-2002, 04:38 PM
oh... on the website it mentions a hall competition. *looks*

Maryssa
12-06-2002, 05:10 PM
There is a section for general hall cosplay, but thats not a competition. thats just kind of to let people know they can still dress up without having to be in the competitions.

Mink
12-06-2002, 05:13 PM
Yeah and I didnt read anywhere about a fashion show, though they did have one last year I heard (not that I would know...grrrr...)

And yeah I am scheduled to make 40 costumes! My group of 8 people are doing 5 different themes: Inuyasha, Clow Cards, Slayers, Utena and Hack Sign. Im only doing costumes though....thank God. My friend Benda is making armor, her boyf tim is making weapons, my friend george is making staffs and other props ect. But yea...we figure were going to need an extra car for all our stuff lol. But I am WAY WAY WAY looking forward to it!*goes back to making her Kagome costume*

katchoo
12-06-2002, 05:15 PM
oh...hehe That's what I get for being a newbie! Thanks Maryssa for clearing that up!!!

Sana-chan
12-06-2002, 06:06 PM
katchoo24 >> Heyyy you said you wanted to do Paradise Kiss cosplay? My cousin, Something Lulu, is doing someone from that I believe. Well, I know she really really wants to, anyway. And she's going to AX ^_^.

katchoo
12-06-2002, 06:49 PM
OH WOW!!! I would love to have her join the group!! *crossing fingers* hopefully she will do it with me! yay!!

Maryssa
12-06-2002, 10:07 PM
Mink: o_O I certainly hope you arent getting in over your head, good luck with that...

Alaria
12-06-2002, 10:11 PM
ara, katchoo, u mentioned something about possibly using multiple costumes for ur masq event? Unfortunately, I don't think an individual can change costumes for their masq skit...which alleviates u having to do that many , any hoo ^__^
I hope u find peeps to do ur skit with u, though! Its sounds scary doing it by urself

katchoo
12-07-2002, 02:37 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't be wearing them all. Just a thought to make the outfits for everyone who participated so that they don't feel stressed out about making outfits. hmmm I still have a lot of time, may need to rethink what I am going to do for the mini masq.

Sana-chan
12-07-2002, 08:56 AM
But to enter in the masquerade doesn't each individual entering have had to have made their own costume themselves?

Maryssa
12-07-2002, 10:01 AM
You dont each have to make your own costume, as long as a member that is in your group made them (or if a parent helped out). They are very strict in regards to construction, and pretty much will not accept any store-bought articles of clothing. Another important thing to remember (if you are in the real masquerade which I believe is only taking 1-10 on the waiting list right now) is that you MUST have photos of the costumes while still in progress.

Mink
12-07-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Maryssa
Mink: o_O I certainly hope you arent getting in over your head, good luck with that...

Me too Maryssa...me too.....:drink:

katchoo
12-07-2002, 10:44 PM
maryssa,
even for the mini masq, we have to take pictures of the outfit while we are costructing it? I'm making my outfit completely so I don't have a problem with it, but there just isn't a lot of information about the mini masq on the website.

Thanks for your help. *bows*

MisforMurder
04-26-2004, 12:04 AM
I am planning on doing Paradise Kiss. I wanted to get all the characters, but not enough people know about it, or aren't coming out to AX. So I guess it's just me. *sigh* I really want to do it still, but I don't know how I can compete by myself against cute groups. any suggestions ?

Hey there, I'm actually going to do a Paradise Kiss cosplay myself. I'm going as Arashi and have been trying to find a group to join up with. Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck. If you wanted to ban together, that would be awesome. Who did you want to cosplay as? Let me know and maybe we can choose a day to cosplay together? :)

Anele
04-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Umm... this thread is OLD, Pink, lol. XD

Mink
04-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Yeah no kidding...I was talkative then.....lol.