PDA

View Full Version : advice on doing gackts makeup?

MizerableRose
07-25-2004, 10:34 PM
i mean the makeup from his malice mizer days, from illuminati

http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v70/Blackr0se/gackt7.jpghttp://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v70/Blackr0se/gackt002.jpg

is liquid eyeliner the best way to go?
and in the first pic it looks like at the end of his eye it gets darker?

MizerableRose
07-26-2004, 10:58 PM
any advice?

MizerableRose
07-28-2004, 11:43 PM
ok so far, no advice -_-

noodle
08-03-2004, 05:12 PM
Well, I cosplayed as Gackt in his P-type version and did basically the same makeup scheme as the pics above. For the eyeliner, I used a combination of liquid black eyeliner for a sharp look, then used a black pencil to fill in the uncolored parts. With black or dark grey eyeshadow, I added it into the eyeliner by the inner and top portion of the eye, directly under the brow bone and also underneath the inner part of the eye, and blended it slightly. Since I'm such a cheap person, I used the same liner for my eyes to make the scar that goes down his face.
Um, so that's all I can think of to say right now... If you need more help, just say the word! :)

MizerableRose
08-04-2004, 12:06 AM
thank you, that sounds good!

enna
08-04-2004, 01:41 AM
I did that costume too.... but I'm not very good at makeup.
But anyways, this is what I did....
I just kinda outline the eyes and fill in the blank with black eyeshadow.
I used eyelinder for the scar too.
His eyebrows are the hardest, I was thinking about shave mine off and draw them on like his but I didn't......

mikazuki
08-04-2004, 04:09 PM
http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v70/Blackr0se/gackt002.jpg

This is really easy to copy.

Pale foundation.
Black lipstick
Black eyeshadow (applied "wet") [I think Smashbox has a dual black/grey cream shadow that would work great]
Black crayon or creme eyeliner (not pencil and not liquid)
Black thick false eyelashes
Eyebrow stencils in the "Dramatic" arch.
Lid primer

The darker shadow is applied inside the eye closest the nose. The outer part, under the brow is left "natural" while the lid has the black eyeshadow/liner. The bottom is also lined in a black liner and shadow is brushed along the bottom and brought up to meet the top lid's shadow. The key thing is to blend. The lines that go across his face (from forehead to chin) looks to be a cream applied with a brush or even a sponge applicator (type used to apply eyeshadow).

MizerableRose
08-05-2004, 05:32 PM
thank you! i hadn't thought to apply the shadow wet, but i think that would be best, so thanks! :D

Xanthe Kelsylva
08-05-2004, 05:34 PM
Awesome pictures! Hey, he wears a rune necklace just like me! :D

I think Mikazuki pretty much covered how to get that look.

MizerableRose
08-09-2004, 03:08 AM
hmm, need to get some more stuff then, i have black lipstick, black eye shadow, liquid eyeliner, white face powder...what is lid primer? ^_^;

mikazuki
08-09-2004, 04:49 AM
An eye primer is basically a "foundation" for your eyelids. It's typically a cream that you apply before you apply eyeshadow to help keep the shadow on longer and to keep it from caking. You can get eye primer for as little as $8 and as much as $75.

MizerableRose
08-10-2004, 09:52 PM
thank you! that does sound useful! *note to self, need to go shopping...*

Juu-Sama
08-13-2004, 11:33 AM
You can get eye primer for as little as $8 and as much as $75.

hmm...is primer nessesary?....he's got ALOT of shadow on his eyelids....heh....and why creme eyeliner? (obviously not pencil...but why not liquid?)....am not playing devil's advocate X_X, i'm just inexperienced...hehh...^^

Juu-sama

MizerableRose
08-14-2004, 01:50 AM
gah! you hath found this forum as well! >D i for one can't use liquid eyeliner to do my eyes, because me eyelashes are so bloody long, they get stuck in it, or i can't avoid them when putting it on >_<

mikazuki
08-14-2004, 02:04 PM
hmm...is primer nessesary?....he's got ALOT of shadow on his eyelids....heh....and why creme eyeliner? (obviously not pencil...but why not liquid?)....am not playing devil's advocate X_X, i'm just inexperienced...hehh...^^

Juu-sama

In my opinion YES, primer is necessary. A primer will help keep the eye shadow and eyeliner on longer then without. I love wearing cream eye shadows but cream applied without a primer tends to crease.

Cream eyeliner is best because liquid can smear and tends not look right. Pencil is too much of a pain. Cream is in between liquid and pencil so its best since it applies "wet" and "dries" nicely.

I have a feeling that the "scar" effect was done with a stencil and airbrushed makeup but unless you have hundreds of dollars to invest in a machine cream would be the best route.

Juu-Sama
08-15-2004, 12:07 AM
I have a feeling that the "scar" effect was done with a stencil and airbrushed makeup but unless you have hundreds of dollars to invest in a machine cream would be the best route.

whoa...you know your stuff ^_^....and no...we don't have all that much money....we blow it all on anime and Jrock stuff^_^

Juu-sama

MizerableRose
08-15-2004, 03:26 AM
In my opinion YES, primer is necessary. A primer will help keep the eye shadow and eyeliner on longer then without. I love wearing cream eye shadows but cream applied without a primer tends to crease.

Cream eyeliner is best because liquid can smear and tends not look right. Pencil is too much of a pain. Cream is in between liquid and pencil so its best since it applies "wet" and "dries" nicely.

oh dear, you can tell how much i knew about makeup, i didn't even know that cream eyeliner existed! ><

MizerableRose
08-16-2004, 12:51 AM
should i use pencil eyeliner for doing my eyes? around them i mean, because liquid gets bloody stuck in them >_< and i havn't got any cream yet as i am sick and stuck in bed >_<+

Juu-Sama
08-16-2004, 10:42 PM
should i use pencil eyeliner for doing my eyes? around them i mean, because liquid gets bloody stuck in them >_< and i havn't got any cream yet as i am sick and stuck in bed >_<+

um....pencil liner almost doesn't get through when you are wearing THAT much Jrock makeup....and they turn GRAY...really fast...I've only used liquid ones so far...so I dont' know if cream ones work or not....*shurg* ^_^..sniffles...you are sick too sniffles...I feel your pain..I just got up from like a day of sleep because of my cold X_X...damnit! in the summer too...

Juu-sama

MizerableRose
08-17-2004, 12:05 AM
this is my 2nd time being sick in a month, first it was a cold, now a throat infection ;_; i can't win

MizerableRose
08-19-2004, 06:15 AM
btw can you guys check out this thread i made? not self advertising but i need more help >_<
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthrea...6171#post806171

Juu-Sama
08-21-2004, 03:30 PM
this is my 2nd time being sick in a month, first it was a cold, now a throat infection ;_; i can't win

erk...throat infection X_X...I had to take 3 SATII practice exam today..my head is in a cotton candy machine! and I think my cold is still there...I kept on getting hot and cold flashes during the test and had to sniffle my nose every five second....

anyways....back to Gakuto makeup...um...what were we talking about again...? oh yeah...liners...it's more about practice than anything else...at least I think it is...*shrugs...*

Juu-sama

MizerableRose
08-21-2004, 10:44 PM
when i look at some of the pictures, live ones, it looks as if there is light black eyeshadow up to his eyebrow...

MizerableRose
08-22-2004, 02:36 AM
kinda like this picture from a gackt cosplayer, look at her eyes
http://koga.vis.ne.jp/nm/cos/cos_008.jpg