PDA

View Full Version : Train questions

Gogglegirl
07-26-2004, 12:11 PM
I was wondering if there was a metro system in Baltimore or if there is a train station close to the con center. Does anyone know anything about the train system up there?

Y.T.
07-26-2004, 12:22 PM
In baltimore there is the "Light Rail" system. Pretty much like a metro, I'm pretty sure that it goes right by the BCC, but don't quote me on that, its been a while since I've lived up there.

trigunvash
07-26-2004, 12:31 PM
Baltimore does have a light-rail system and a subway system. There's a light rail station right across the street from the convention center at Pratt St.

www.mtamaryland.com

Also you can take taxi's around baltimore for about $5-6
Also water taxi's are available in the inner harbor area.

Of course the Lightrail and Baltimore Metro Subway are all limited to within Baltimore City, Light-Rail travels as far south as BWI Airport (though because of construction light rail is closed at BWI and go as far south as North Lithium, but they do have shuttle busses at BWI).

If you're talking about heavy rail, Baltimore is served both by Amtrak, and MARC commuter trains. Amtrak stops at Penn Station in Baltimore, and MARC Penn line stops at Penn Station in Baltimore, Marc Camden Line stops near Camden stadium.