PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII Skit idea!

Katu Fushigi
07-26-2004, 06:57 PM
I have a skit written out! Here it is, tell me what you think!

Cast: Vincent
Vincent
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Tseng
Hojo
Rufus
Rufus
Cloud
Cloud
Yuffie
Aeries

(cast subject to change, depending on number of clones)

Vincent: [wanders onto stage, followed by Sephiroth]

Sephiroth: [gives him a solid glare.]

Both: [glare at the audience, and then, rather stupidly, smile.]

Vincent: [singing] I feel pretty!

Sephiroth: Just, Oh-so-pretty!

[Tseng and Hojo run on]

All: So pretty, and witty, and bright!

[They pause suddenly and look offstage as another Vincent, Sephiroth, Two Rufuses and two Clouds come onstage.]

Newcomers: We feel pretty! Oh-so-pretty! So pretty, and witty and bright!

All: [collective snicker] I feel charming! Oh-so-charming! Itís alarming how charming I feel! [All do a little twirl, except the Vincents and Sephiroths, who just give solid glares] I feel dizzy! I feel sunny! I feel fizzy and funny and-

Yuffie and Aeries: [cutting them off] What in the world are you doing?!

Sephiroth 1: Arenít you supposed to be dead?

Aeries: Why should you care?

Sephiroth 2: Itís stabbiní time!

Yuffie: NOT NOW!

All three: Right.

Aeries: What are you guys doing, anyway?

[men look at each other in confusion, shrug. Yuffie sneaks off around them.]

Aeries: And donít you dare say ďmale bondingĒ!! And whatís with the clone thing?

[A nervous chuckle. Aeries smacks her forehead.]

Cloud 1: Hey! My materiaís gone!

Rufus 1 and 2: Mine too!

Vincents and Sephiroths: Oh, Yuuuuuuffie~ Come here, dearest.

Yuffie: I didnít do anything! All I did was steal your materia! Oops. EXIT STAGE OFF! [runs]

[All except Aeries give chase. She just laughs, and holds up the stolen materia, and follows off.]

fin.

EDIT: By the way, this runs about a minute and thirteen seconds, if you run fast.

Tri23
07-26-2004, 08:53 PM
I liked the entire West Side Story thing you had going. I loved the skit up to the stabbing part. That just didn't blend well with the "I feel pretty part". I thought you were going with an entire Pretty Anime Boy / West Side Story Musical thing. *shrug* I was hoping for somebody to jump in for the BIG musical finish. :p Maybe ending with something from Flash Dance.. though I suppose that's asking too many geeks to do syncronized dancing.

EnigmaticAngst
07-26-2004, 09:25 PM
The sad thing is, I would so do that.

Katu Fushigi
07-26-2004, 09:31 PM
The sad thing is, I would so do that.

*winkwinknudgenudge* Would you like to? I haven't asked around yet, but I wanted to see the general reaction from it.

Katu Fushigi
07-26-2004, 09:58 PM
I liked the entire West Side Story thing you had going. I loved the skit up to the stabbing part. That just didn't blend well with the "I feel pretty part". I thought you were going with an entire Pretty Anime Boy / West Side Story Musical thing. *shrug* I was hoping for somebody to jump in for the BIG musical finish. :p Maybe ending with something from Flash Dance.. though I suppose that's asking too many geeks to do syncronized dancing.

Hate to reply twice in a row, but I just wanted to say this separatly.

I tend to jump from thought to thought, but for one of the Sepiroths, I had to put that line in there for a friend of mine. My friend Kaylith (Sango at AZ 04) is going as Aeries and Stacey (Elk at AZ 04) is going as Sephiroth. I had to put that line in there for her, because of an incident when they first played the game. Stacey named Aeries after her, without knowing that she died. So, I had to have a little homeage to that running joke.

Vincent-D
07-26-2004, 10:26 PM
ok.... for one, I may be the only Vincent Valentine at the Otakon this year...
and second, I know that the real Vincent would never say something quite like that at all, so therefore, I won't. Although, I liked the idea of a whole Final Fantasy 7 skit, but... dude, don't make it so dumb. Maybe just an intro stage poses.

Tri23
07-27-2004, 12:20 AM
But you have to ask yourself, is the skit intended for your friend or the general audiance? If that is an inside joke, will it be funny to the 1,000+ people watching it?

EnigmaticAngst
07-27-2004, 03:44 AM
*winkwinknudgenudge* Would you like to? I haven't asked around yet, but I wanted to see the general reaction from it.

If you want to organize a skit, I'd be more than happy to help/participate.

However, I'd get the general reaction/input from others and work on something that might be more readily understood by others as it appears there was some negative reaction to this, however sensless it might have been.

It's bloody skit, doesn't mean the world's going to end if someone finds it amusing and someone does not.

Katu Fushigi
07-27-2004, 12:34 PM
ok.... for one, I may be the only Vincent Valentine at the Otakon this year...
and second, I know that the real Vincent would never say something quite like that at all, so therefore, I won't. Although, I liked the idea of a whole Final Fantasy 7 skit, but... dude, don't make it so dumb. Maybe just an intro stage poses.

I have one friend who's coming to the con as Vincent. In the FF7 group thread, I saw another one. I don't need all those people, especially if they aren't interested in the skit. I think it would be cool if someone else would do one.

And it's supposed to be funny, and out of character. Skits aren't nessesarily dramas.

But you have to ask yourself, is the skit intended for your friend or the general audiance? If that is an inside joke, will it be funny to the 1,000+ people watching it?

It might be, but we aren't mentioning it. If you've seen the Final Fantasy Tribute, by Legendary Frog, you might get that joke.

Sorry. Maybe I won't use this skit.

Maybe I won't do one at all, if that would make the general public happy.

However, I'd get the general reaction/input from others and work on something that might be more readily understood by others as it appears there was some negative reaction to this, however sensless it might have been.

It's bloody skit, doesn't mean the world's going to end if someone finds it amusing and someone does not.

God bless you.