PDA

View Full Version : *.* I hate Remnants

RealizeDOP
06-18-2002, 08:54 PM
This is random! Duh... >< But I really hate all these little small pieces of fabric that i have! They are big enough not to throw away but too small to do anything with it! *.* okay i'm going psycho

Ukayoru no Chou
06-18-2002, 09:10 PM
GIVE THEM TOO MMEEEE- MEEE *uses mental powers* ...
or just go crazy...yoouurr choice.

Rosiel
06-18-2002, 09:11 PM
You never know when they might be useful! I ended up using remnants from my Dragonslayer to do the gold detailing on Ramirez, and remnants from my Nekocon Rosiel to do a cropped vest for my AX one.

I love remnants. =)

Nietsche
06-18-2002, 09:45 PM
Better watch out...Remnants have a habit of trying to reopen gateways to demon worlds...so stay on guard!

<sorry! Really bad Combustible Campus Guardress reference joke!>

RealizeDOP
06-18-2002, 09:54 PM
Meeep *.* well err......-.-* At least i have em semi organized by color and stuff now *.* Hopefully I'll find lots of things to do with it!

Ayaka
06-18-2002, 09:54 PM
If you do that sort of thing, they're fantastic for making plushies. ^^

Nietsche - lmao heheheh

MyuMyu
06-18-2002, 10:12 PM
ouu *_* i LOVE remnants - my entire Amelia costume was madeout of remnants *l*theyre SO useful -- if you dont want em ill take em off yer hands, lol

Rosiel
06-18-2002, 10:29 PM
> theyre SO useful

Especially when, like me, you tend to always do costumes in the same color... extra Seed ribbon was added onto Belleza's costume, extra pleather from Ramirez's boots made Belleza's belts, left over Rosiel trim went on the boots for Ramirez and since I overbought on buttons for Ramirez's boots... I realized they were the same as the buttons on Rosiel's Atziluth costume I am making for AX.

Basically when most of your costumes are silver/gold/black/red/white, remnants are always used in the end. ^____^

I must have enough colored vinyl left for a Kamui outfit or two...

Tenshi
06-18-2002, 11:39 PM
I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my leftover Terra fabric. I can't think of anything that's red satin with purple and gold flowers >.<. But I have enough yellow and blue fabric left over from a costume to make another Pretear costume! Whoo!

RealizeDOP
06-19-2002, 12:03 AM
-.- I'm gonna try adns ee what kind of costumes i can make out of the remnants to sell on ebay....-.-* I need money...Hopefully somebody will buy a Naruto Costume! : )

ElfEater
06-19-2002, 12:44 AM
Bags! Make Bags! Thats my idea for everything thats leftover from costumes.... purses... bags... yay! ^^
Or.... you could make some freaky patchwork thing.

HuongStar
06-19-2002, 09:18 AM
I can't bear to throw them away but Jeff always yells at me to get read of this ever growing scrap heap. ~_~ I always save the vinyl remnants regardless.

I did end up using some of my scraps for various linings or patchwork projects (separate from cosplay). ^_^

Legato/Machan
06-20-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by ElfEater
Bags! Make Bags! Thats my idea for everything thats leftover from costumes.... purses... bags... yay! ^^
Or.... you could make some freaky patchwork thing.

Yeah, bags and more bags!!! My Vash´s bag is made with leftover from my Vash costume (the only that my brother didn´t destroyed).

Hikaruchan
06-20-2002, 11:33 AM
I am thinking about seeing if I have enough left over fabric from Kozue rosebride to make Queen Horn's top. If so, I can use rosebride skirt with new white apron thing for the bottom.

And if your remnants are cotton, could give them to quilter to make into a crazy quilt or the like also - sometimes just need little square or diamond shaped pieces for that.

Ina
06-20-2002, 09:19 PM
ah, remnants, i have tons of them too, but they could be supa useful, you could make some gloves, bags, like somebody suggested, arm warmers, leg warmers etc!!! very very very useful!!!