PDA

View Full Version : Need some drawing advice

Dr. Makoti Jean
12-06-2002, 10:30 PM
I hate the way I draw. I try bunches of times but I can't seem to to draw like most of you talented people do. >,< It would be helpful if I can get some tips. I really love to draw to express myself and I really want to get a little more advanced. Thankies

zyanthia
12-07-2002, 12:15 AM
Art classes are a good way to get going. ^___^

Maryssa
12-07-2002, 10:54 AM
i think you could benefit from a simple figure drawing class. it appears that you need to learn the basic shapes and forms that make up the body. that is important to learn before going into details like clothes and facial features. it will also teach you the proper propotions a body should be.

Yautja834
12-08-2002, 02:40 AM
also getting books on how to draw might help(thats what im getting :) )

videogirlc
12-08-2002, 02:59 AM
Try getting books on how to draw the figure. Jack Hamm books are pretty good. Once you get the basics down try going out and drawing peeple outside or draw people from magazines. The main thing is practicing practicing and more practicing.

DJ(SiC)ness
12-08-2002, 03:31 AM
yes classes, and books, and be very observant about other drawings

Dr. Makoti Jean
12-09-2002, 08:42 PM
Thanks! ^^ I just signed up for an art class I found in my high school.

Tomo
12-09-2002, 08:46 PM
Also try drawing other drawings just how you see them. That's pretty much how I learned and I found ways to make the art look like mine. ^__^

Mizuho
12-10-2002, 02:33 AM
There are some nice "How to Draw Manga" books available at "Barnes and Noble" and "Borders" bookstores. They're pretty informative.

There are also some "Drawing Anime/Manga" online tutorials. I don't know any of the URLs offhand, but I'm sure you can find them if you do a search on google. I think if you are specific about a character, more results will be returned to you.

You know those wooden human jointed-models that some artists have? Those are great references. I find them handy if I'm doing a sketch of a real person (not one of my own little weird cartoons, which are usually extremely misproportioned! ^_~) The wooden models usually sell from about $10 - $30 at most art stores.

If I can think of any other way to help... I'll be sure to post later on. ^_^;

Dr. Makoti Jean
12-10-2002, 07:08 PM
Gee thankies Mizuho. Btw, I like your avatar ^.^ <-- fan of "onegai teacher"

die-sama
12-11-2002, 11:08 AM
personally i think the best way to advance in art is Practice. I'm in at class but i do almost noting in it since all the projects are quite simple. >_<;;
but really whenever you have spare time just doodle
it never hurts to doodle :)
I've gone through feet deep of stacks of white paper as a child XD
i'm still not that good
but really once you draw a lot you'll see the faults and u'll fix the faults and develope ur own unique style and take breakds in between and everytime you draw u'll notice how u get better! If u want to draw humans I suggest workgin w/ just circles for heads/necks/body and work on porportion and slowly add features to these characters :) I hvae a notebook of just figures without faces composed of just squares/circles. etc :) its important if you dont want lopsided figures, of course u might learn this in art
anyways. good luck! :D
and i dont think "crap.jpg" should be named that! :D its not bad

Nyoko
12-11-2002, 06:30 PM
Books help lots ^^ (it worked for me! so it will work for anyone)

Hikaru
12-11-2002, 06:40 PM
I learned by looking at how other pictures were drawn and then I memorized from those pics what a person would probably look like if at a certain angle or pose. After I became better I drew my own creations and the rest is history! :)

Yautja834
12-11-2002, 06:45 PM
yeah thats kind of how i got started