PDA

View Full Version : gaming at y-con

jetspectacular
07-28-2004, 02:20 AM
(pardon, i'm bored!) I decided to ask here since the boards at the official site are slow-- what's the gaming like at Ycon? is there an actual arcade room set up and if so what games were there in the past? Is it just a console room? I doubt there's tabletop gaming?? I find that at animecons if I get bored/lost I end up in the arcade room to spend money *less quickly* so... hmm..

la de da~

ACXchan
07-28-2004, 02:32 AM
Last year they were all console games except for a DDR machine and a drumming machine. The room itself isn't all that big but then again not many people go to YCon to game XD The games I remember from last year were Guilty Gear XX, Soul Calibur 2 (PS2 and XBox versions), DDR, some drumming machine, and this one game where you wave this sceptor sword thing around @D@ No table-top gaming though sorry >.< The year before there was a really cheesey but entertaining LARP.

jetspectacular
07-28-2004, 04:36 AM
lol i heard about that LARP, but i guess you're right, ycon isn't exactly the place to play videogames >__> aestheticism.com should help pimp the boys of arcadia and consoleness imho.. 500 points for GGXX and SC2 though!!

and i'm not big on card games so no loss there, lol. i dont see a market niche for card games aimed at girls besides Aquarian Age: Juvenile Orion, wich is a real bitch to play i've heard??

ACXchan
07-28-2004, 12:45 PM
Yeah I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed to say that I was in the LARP as Ma-kun at one point @D@;;; I've always wondered why YCon didn't put Boys Love games in the gaming room XD I guess if they did they'd end up chasing the male population that goes to YCon away, sometimes I think girls' boyfriends hit the gaming room to get away from the yaoi ^ ^;; I don't know much about card games I don't play them LOL.