PDA

View Full Version : planning for PMX 2005?

enna
07-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Are you planning on going to PMX 2005?
Who are you going as? :)

Anele
07-29-2004, 01:03 PM
I wish PMX 2005 was not going to be held on Labor Day Weekend. Otherwise, I would go. *shrugs* Oh well.

kyojin_alex
07-29-2004, 01:35 PM
Im there. I didnt go this year but my sis did and she loved it. I will probably use my costumes from AX next year(pics in my sig.) but I might make a new one just for PMX. theres some time in between.

Jubei-chan
07-29-2004, 11:40 PM
I know Videl and I are seriously looking forward to PMX 2005! We had such a great time in May! We we kinda dissappointed that we had to wait over a year for the next! Well our plans may have been more suited for 2004, but this is it: Psycho le Cemu costumes. I think its quite fitting because this is the convention that we fell in love with them. And depending on guests of honor, we'll have other costumes. I'll have two Daishi costumes and one Yura-sama. I don't think I'll be making new costumes specifically for this convention. A lot of the costumes for 2005 will be debuted at earlier cons.

Michi
07-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Labor Day weekend? Really? Is that what they announced? That means I actually might be able to go! I was afraid it'd be really close to AX like it was last year, and I wouldn't be able to make it. It was okay this year since I live in California, but I'm moving to the east coast and I dunno if we could afford both of those AND Otakon.. but September might be late enough in the year to return...

...this is of course, all dependant on them having some cool musical guest again. Or else I don't think I'd come back just for PMX. I absolutely loved it this year, but when I need to save money I'd just stick with AX where more friends will be. ^^;

Squall
07-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Yes, I shall be at PMX 2005. I enjoyed my time there and it was very mellow. Altho since it won't be conflicting with say Fanime or AX next year, I'm guessing alot more peep's will be joining too! Itsa gonna be crazy! @_@ XD

....and the gathering list I'll be working on will hopefully be HUGE this time around. XD

Super No 1
07-31-2004, 12:37 AM
You guys need to represent next year. I barely broke a sweat at PMX this year. Oh well, more free time. :)

Jubei-chan
07-31-2004, 04:13 AM
You guys need to represent next year. I barely broke a sweat at PMX this year. Oh well, more free time. :)

Hey! More free time means that things get to be scheduled around things easier. You dont have so many gathering all at once! I welcome the free time thats for sure! ^_-

But yeah, more cosplayers are needed!!!

KamisButterfly
07-31-2004, 06:26 PM
I am going to pmx. It was so much fun last year with PLC and stuff. Also it depends on the music artist. I hope they have some good ones. My one wish is that they would have L'Arc~en~Ciel. But i guess thats hoping for too much.

Clueless Case
08-03-2004, 02:55 AM
I probably will...I just hope its more organized..

jen_kat
08-03-2004, 11:52 AM
I'm probably going again. In some ways, it's kind of good that they moved it to Labor Day weekend, and then, in some ways, not good. Since it was in May this year, that was right around finals time for all of us from my Anime Club that did costumes and went. If it's Labor Day weekend, that means it's still during the summer (for some, anyways), but that also means that most people won't be around. Pros and cons, eh?

I have no idea what I'd plan for yet, it's over a year, and I still have to plan for other things first. ^^;;

abellabella
08-04-2004, 01:27 AM
I will definitly be going again, and I will again strive to get an award of some sort!

Milai Sapphire
08-06-2004, 10:48 PM
Hm...Labor Day Weekend, eh? *thinks about it* it sounds like fun..that's definitely more than a year from now though, so I have time to think about it, and since it's in Anaheim it shouldn't be too bad...^_^

Kenjiro
08-09-2004, 09:31 PM
I thought it was going to be in Long Beach?

*scratches head*

Regardless, I should be able to work staff again, which is cool. I like working staff.

Super No 1
08-10-2004, 12:39 AM
Long Beach??? Anaheim??? Who knows???

Either location is good. Anaheim is okay, but I think this year, that location was just too big for this convention. Long Beach is a little smaller. PMX will grow, but who knows by how much? The convention center area at Long Beach has changed a lot since AX 2002. It's really nice now.

kyojin_alex
08-10-2004, 12:52 AM
Im pretty sure it'll be in Anaheim. With any luck my sis and I can get a hold of our Aunties time share again. woohoo!!!!

panda_tarou
08-13-2004, 04:43 PM
PMX= <3.

I'll be there. D:

chun sa
08-13-2004, 07:14 PM
I want to go... but not sure yet if I can. >_>

Michi
08-13-2004, 08:20 PM
Well there's over a year still to make plans and stuff for it. ^_^

Videl-chan
08-13-2004, 08:39 PM
PMX is definitely a con that I don't want to stay away from. Seeing PLC was awesome...actually I can't put it into words, I just want to see what they have for next year!

Michi
08-14-2004, 03:12 AM
Yeah, me too. What musical guests they have next year may determine if I even go, honestly. ^^;

Matrix7reloaded
08-14-2004, 07:19 PM
Well, I guess it all depends on who the guests are. I really liked the music guests at PMX 2004. I give PMX a way higher grade than AX 04 in the guest category.

Visual_Kyoist
08-14-2004, 07:45 PM
I will probably go.. but.. I'm not sure if I'm free on Labor Day weekend.. I'm usually busy.. I hope I can go at least.. If I can, I want to try a NANA cosplay..

shogun
08-16-2004, 01:47 AM
The venue is just about locked down. We're already in touch with two bands who want to perform. We've also sent preliminary feelers to some of the Guests of Honor already as well. First flier should be ready by our 1 year out mark.

Mike

abellabella
08-16-2004, 01:55 AM
I'm hoping there will be voice actors and even voice acting panels!! OH yeah! Spending muhney!

Michi
08-16-2004, 02:37 AM
Awesome news, shogun. Looks like PMX '05 will be interesting. :bigtu:

osakastef
08-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Awesome news, shogun. Looks like PMX '05 will be interesting. :bigtu:

I really want to see artists like chemistry,shiina ringo,toshi kubota,utada hikaru,or yuko nakazawa. please!!!!!!!! lol!

shogun
08-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Well, we aren't bound to any specific company to bring only their artists, so we are shopping around a bit. For 2005, we are hoping to bring guests who have never come to the US before. (Although we aren't stopping some of the 2004 GoH's from coming back if they want to come visit.)

Mike

Kenjiro
08-16-2004, 10:31 PM
Gosh, I cant remember his name, but he was the guy that made Gungrave. He was a really great guy, especially after he started drinking.

He should really come back.

abellabella
08-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Gosh, I cant remember his name, but he was the guy that made Gungrave. He was a really great guy, especially after he started drinking.

Hahaha xD!!

Michi
08-17-2004, 12:07 AM
Well I'm definitely looking forward to the first announcements, then. Yaaaay PMX. ^^

Videl-chan
08-17-2004, 12:30 AM

are you talking about nightow?

Jubei-chan
08-18-2004, 02:14 AM
Nightow likes the Taquilla ... DUDE! And he took a pic with me wearing the "Drunk Vash" tie!!! >_< Eeee!!! That rocked!!!

shogun
08-18-2004, 05:09 PM
Yes, he never knew what tequila was until PMX. He's been drinking it non-stop since then. We finished off another bottle at a post SDCC BBQ.

Mike

shogun
08-19-2004, 10:53 AM
BTW, local fans are encouraged to come to the PMX gathering this weekend if they want to get more involved. Details are on the PMX Forums.

Mike

Mikei
08-22-2004, 01:08 AM
BTW, local fans are encouraged to come to the PMX gathering this weekend if they want to get more involved. Details are on the PMX Forums.

Mike

Directions(adress) / time please!!!

is it the one off the 605? i think i know where it is. :bigtu:

shogun
08-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Oops! Sorry we missed you!

Mike

Visual_Kyoist
08-22-2004, 10:55 PM
...When's the new website going to be up any ways? Just wondering.. -_-;;

abellabella
08-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Also curious...

cynicallywired
08-24-2004, 09:53 PM
Yah... me too. My friends and I had a lot of fun at PMX. We had more fun in a few hrs at PMX than the whole weekend @ AX.

kyojin_alex
09-16-2004, 06:24 PM
The pmx 2005 site is finaly up and running. Its Sept. 3-5 2005 at the Long beach convention center. A little farther than I would like But Ill still be there. They are taking registration now. 30 bucks for all three days if you sign up before January.

Super No 1
09-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Yay! 10 minute drive from my apartment.

inu-chan00
09-16-2004, 10:48 PM
oohh u know im there^^ probably gonna fix up my youko and kenshin cosplay......but hopefullly have my kurama crossplay done by then^^ last year much much fun....maybe this time lll actually try and get an award 00"

abellabella
09-17-2004, 12:52 AM
oi! Long beach?? hmm..what i do for cons ;p

jen_kat
09-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Yay for Long Beach! ^o^
I'm much happier with that location than Anaheim. ^^;;
Thanks for informing us that pre-reg is up and running already.
I'll definitely go check it out.

Michi
09-17-2004, 12:52 PM
I really want to see Long Beach again (loved it for AX '01 and '02)... I just dunno how likely PMX is after a trip to AX and local cons surrounding it and so forth. ><

shogun
09-22-2004, 11:54 PM
We are having our first planning meeting for PMX05. We'd love more cosplayers to have a larger say in the event. If you are interested, drop by!

The first meeting will be this Sunday the 26th at 12Noon at the Pizza Hut at 3002 S Sepulveda Blvd, Los Angeles.

A map is at:

http://mapsonus.switchboard.com/bin/maps-maponly/usr=~415252b2.df404.668f.7/c=1/refsrc=SB.newsb/formName=setclickpost

This will be an introductory meeting with staff introductions and a peek into the vision for year 2.

The October meeting will discuss the hotel, convention center and we will have the first fliers or postcards for the convention.

shagrath
09-23-2004, 03:25 AM
i hope i can come... i loved pmx last year. it kinda depends if my parents let me go tho, my wallet got stolen last year and now they dun really like me 2 go places, even if i insist. meeting TMR was a blast, i confessed my love to him and he was all "have we met b4" i almost fainted... i really wanna go again...

inu-chan00
10-07-2004, 10:54 PM
...........im starting to feel everyone mett T.M.R exept me XD
oohhh long beah...im likeing this !!! i think its closer to me.....**looks in mapquest**
nyaahh cant wait for pmx!! WHY MUST IT BE NOVEMBER!!

abellabella
10-08-2004, 12:25 AM
yeah I don't like the idea that it changed dates. Just the fact that its a huge difference, not like 2 weeks diff. or something. Now I must wait 'til AX which is kinda far and I'll probably go crazy by then -_-

inu-chan00
10-08-2004, 12:39 AM
NYYAAAHH ABELLABELLA U CANT GO TO PMX >.< .........inu is sad.......

abellabella
10-08-2004, 01:19 AM
wait I am confused. So it's happening twice?? I thought that the date is for 05. I didn't think this con would happen 2 times!

Super No 1
10-08-2004, 10:39 AM
November???? Where are you getting that information??

inu-chan00
10-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Oi Srry!! I Ment Its "november" Now Because I Dont Wanna Wait Till May For Pmx!!! Its Too Long Aways For Me!! Im Sorry If I Confused People!!

abellabella
10-09-2004, 01:10 AM
*still is confused* I really need to check out the site, I hope the new one is up..

inu-chan00
10-10-2004, 10:44 PM
**is confused too**.............ummm...hi?

abellabella
10-11-2004, 12:10 AM
ok yeah, hiya! lol Well I checked the site and that date is for NEXT year. So no more people gettin' confused. I thought it was wierd that it would happen twice..

Ameria
10-11-2004, 01:19 PM
T_T I really want to go, but since the date changed it's probably going to be too close to the start of my fall semester to be flying over to the west coast.

Nuuu, I wanna go agaaaain! ;.; California rocks!

Maryssa
10-11-2004, 03:05 PM
So late in the year now? Augh thats really lame @_@ Now there really is nothing between animagic and AX for socal...

inu-chan00
10-11-2004, 07:00 PM
omg im an idiot! SRRY!!!!IN MAI A.D.D MIND I KEEP THINKING ITS NOVEMBER!!! ,,,,,even at school
teacher: phoenix
hm?
teacher: why does your paper say november?
oops...........

maybe im missing anime cons to much and want time to move fasterXD
hey it says sept .3-5......well that sucks....for my friends...they start school every year in august XD **starts late september**
man now theres more waiting for a con.......arrggghhh....
hopefully theres some cons in between.....please let there be.....

Super No 1
10-13-2004, 12:48 AM
Well, there's Anime Los Angeles (http://www.anime-la.org) at the end of January. It's the first year for it, so expect it to be a basic, no-frills con. But, if it gets a lot of local support, we can all be one big happy family and just have a good time.

I'll be going and I hope to see a few familair faces.

Maryssa
10-13-2004, 12:20 PM
yeah i htink im going to that... haha interestingly enough my friend and i are trying to go as artist guests.

sirian
10-14-2004, 08:38 PM
My group is going to to PMX for sure next year~~~

Long Beach will be cool......I'm kind of tired of the Anaheim Convention Center, haha~

inu-chan00
10-17-2004, 04:53 PM
Well, there's Anime Los Angeles (http://www.anime-la.org) at the end of January. It's the first year for it, so expect it to be a basic, no-frills con. But, if it gets a lot of local support, we can all be one big happy family and just have a good time.

I'll be going and I hope to see a few familair faces.
Since i cant last waiting for AX........i will be definatly be going to ANIME LOS ANGELES^^ Thank u moo-cho for the site!!

shogun
10-19-2004, 08:07 PM
The first business meeting of the year will kick off in the city of Cerritos. We will be meeting this Sunday in the middle of the Cerritos Towne Center at Noon. The location is:

12731 Towne Center Dr, Cerritos, CA

At this meeting, we HOPE to distribute the first postcards, discuss facility assignments, discuss ideas for this year's convention, introduce some of the division heads and also get to know the local fans.

As part of our strategy to reach out to the different communities throughout the LA/OC area, we will rotate the meeting to different sites throughout the southland. We hope local fans will attend to give us suggestions on what they would like to see in the con and perhaps even join up if their passion is strong enough.

Thank you,

Mike

apocripha
10-22-2004, 07:10 PM
hmm ... i'll think about that since i AM planning to go to PMX 05. i'm already thinking of getting my cosplays and all that situated. lol, but it's better to be early then late right? haha.

and as for that anime los angeles ... it sounds interesting, i'll think of hitting that up if i have the time ^D^

beambitious
10-25-2004, 02:58 AM
(points) apocripha!!! i know you >_> hurhur <- being retarded

anyways.. its in long beach? >_> so far, but hells yes im going still, planning more j-rock cosplays (hopefully they're be better - _-)

as about the anime LA thing, maybe if school isnt so harsh on me during that time.

apocripha
10-26-2004, 09:37 PM
*points to beambitious* LIKE ... omg! i know you too!! *dork*

but yea, you should go to ani-magic with me!!! xDD

and anime LA too ... when is that again? hmm .. end of january? that's near my birthday!

shogun
11-18-2004, 01:45 AM
The November PMX Meeting will be held in Little Tokyo on Sunday, November 21st at Noon. We will be meeting in front of a Chinese Sports Bar on the south side of Little Tokyo.

The address is:

Green Bamboo
136 S. Central Ave

People interested in learning more about PMX, who are interested in staffing, or just want to hang out are welcome to attend!

Following the meeting we will be visiting Kinokunia, Kamikaze Anime, Marukai and Anime Jungle.

See you there!

Mike

Kenjiro
11-18-2004, 07:31 PM
I just got an email about that Mike.

Kinda sucks, because I have to be at work in SF by 2, which means I'll have like, a cool 5 minutes to spend at the meeting.

Cocorie
11-23-2004, 05:22 AM
PMx '05 will be my cosplay *debut* very excited, hopefully I'll see some of you there, so I wont be too clueless :bigtu:

Michi
11-23-2004, 04:38 PM
PMx '05 will be my cosplay *debut* very excited, hopefully I'll see some of you there, so I wont be too clueless :bigtu:

Wow, waiting til PMX next year? Why not another SoCal con? o.o Just curious.

Cocorie
11-23-2004, 07:45 PM
It is a long wait, hehe I plan on finding another one to go to before then but I wont be cosplaying at it, PMX will be the first since my group of friends will be cosplaying at it, and it'll be easier for a newbie like me hahaha

(plus it'll give me time to really do a good job on my costumes)

moonrabitt
11-29-2004, 08:14 PM
Does it fall on May 28 next year? 0_0 Same day as my Prom :( I think it's in the Hilton too...Maybe I can rush to the con, than to prom...What a bad quinsidence :( Well I'll go as a heartless, or the pink princess from Gundam Seed, my little bro will go as Sora from Kingdom Hearts.....

abellabella
11-29-2004, 10:47 PM
PMX is in September of next year. That's what's on the site anyway (unless they changed it in the past month).

Devi Dark Wolf
12-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Are you planning on going to PMX 2005?
Who are you going as? :)

I've never been, but have been wanting to go. I couldn't the last few times becuase I think I had another con. But I don't think I do anymore.

I'm planning to go as Iruka (Naruto), and maybe I'll have Roy Mustang (Fullmetal) done by then.

Devi

Michi
12-19-2004, 02:15 AM
I've never been, but have been wanting to go. I couldn't the last few times becuase I think I had another con. But I don't think I do anymore.

"Last few times"? ^^; Pacific Media Expo's first year was the 2004 con.

jen_kat
12-19-2004, 04:18 AM
Hahaha, you'll have to excuse Devi, Michi. ^^;; I was going to say the same thing a lot earlier, but decided I was too lazy to comment. XD;;

*pokes Devi* Am I supposed to be done with Ed (FMA) by PMX or by AX?

Mikei
12-29-2004, 03:29 AM
I'm going definatly! After the beautiful preformace that happend in the karaoke rooom last year I have to go back. :bigtu:

Hey everyone, who has or is planning to get a DS bring it to con! We can have awesome Pictochat dialouges. The range is awesome and it would just be fun to talk to everyone during con!

daoutlaw
01-10-2005, 07:37 PM
knowing my friends, they'll probably drag me to PMX depending on panels and such.

IF i get to go, then Im bringing all the cosplays I've done in Anime expo.

shogun
02-28-2005, 05:16 PM
This year might turn out to be different for cosplayers. We are trying to confirm guests from the game side of Japan. This might create an interesting opportunity for cosplayers.

Mike

Milai Sapphire
02-28-2005, 06:39 PM
2005 already...hmm...don't know exactly what my costumes will be for this con, but most likely I'll just bring stuff from other cons, and maybe put together an Ayumi cosplay, or maybe something else.....XD haven't thought much about it...it would be nice though....^^;

RevenG
03-11-2005, 11:50 PM
knowing my friends, they'll probably drag me to PMX depending on panels and such.

IF i get to go, then Im bringing all the cosplays I've done in Anime expo.

lol same here. I don't want to make or buy anything that has to do with cosplay between AX and PMX.

I'd be broke by then...

Moon Prince
03-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Hmmm... PMX or Gateway.. (Gateway btw is a gaming con)

I might try for that... It's more in my time frame of returning to SoCal and getting settled than AX is. gateway I can get in for 'free' though... PMX I would have to pay. ^^;

:dance:

Devi Dark Wolf
04-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Have decided I'll be wearing Itachi if I get it donnnnne.

How busy is this con, with attendees and cosplayers?

Jen-Kat! Can you get Ed done for PMX?! *puppydog eyes*

Devi

Kaoruyogi
07-05-2005, 05:09 PM
Hey you guys...I'm finally gonna be living super close to a con so I'll be taking the bus to and from the con...cause I go to Cal State Long Beach. So hooray for the bus! And hooray for people staring at me in cosplay ON the bus!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Moon Prince
07-05-2005, 08:30 PM
well, I went to AX. @_@ I'm looking forward to PMX now. I will have a 'new and improved' Jasmine cosplay, and hopefully a new one, or two. But I will only be there one day.

(SiN)
07-06-2005, 12:01 PM
remember when AX was good...like two years ago? well the staff the AX staff that left went off to form PMX. i'm not con bashing. but pre reg was horrible, and video rooms werent accurate. we need more ppl to support PMX~!

yeah i'll be there cosplaying.

SeraMuun
07-30-2005, 02:07 AM
I plan Chrno (Chrno crusade), Hawkeye (FMA) Robin (WHR ).. and whatever else I can get ironed in time.. (recovering from AX and AFO ... )

Onyx
07-30-2005, 02:38 AM
I went to Ax and now I'll be goin to PMX ^.^. I'm looking forward to a smaller con (might actually be able to meet some people again -_O).

I'll be bringing Krad and Sesshoumaru(hehe that costume will never retire XD) I hope to see U all there.

SeraMuun
07-30-2005, 02:43 AM
I went to Ax and now I'll be goin to PMX ^.^. I'm looking forward to a smaller con (might actually be able to meet some people again -_O).

I'll be bringing Krad and Sesshoumaru(hehe that costume will never retire XD) I hope to see U all there.

*goes all "emo" * MY stolen Krad costume has still not been found or turned in.. such heartbreak..i miss "him" greatly..

kabuki_KILLER
07-30-2005, 02:53 AM
Yes. I will be going all three days. I'm hoping to meet a few people there and maybe expand the people that I know in the jrock cosplay world? Something like that. I will gain a large following (like Man Faye) and take over the Mana cosplay world. Muahahahahahahaha! Ahem (kidding). Anyways...the jist.

First Day: Bridal Mana. Big poofy white dress. Can't miss me.
Second Day: Illuminati
Third Day: Large Bright Blue Kimono (hard too miss as well)

Onyx
07-30-2005, 03:12 AM
*goes all "emo" * MY stolen Krad costume has still not been found or turned in.. such heartbreak..i miss "him" greatly..

ick... I was hopeing it was :waaaah: (tis the best costume I've seen of him). I still don't know how someone hopes to wear it, we'll recognize that its not theirs *gggrrrrrrr*.

Anyways, I am glad to hear that your ankle is gettin' better ^^, I hated seeing U wander around AX in that wheelchair.

RandomSchoolBoy
07-30-2005, 04:09 AM
I went to the TM Revolution-Nami Tamaki concert last year it was lots of funny, Specially meeting all the cute Kimono girls XD I liked PMX cause it wasnt so anime obssessed and more of jrock/jpop stuff, im not much of an otaku anymore, though I still cosplay anime characters ==;

Pre-Reg:Hitsugaya [In a school uniform] from Bleach
Sat/Sun:Hitsugaya [Captains Uniform] on Sat and Sun.

I'll also be carrying a sign that says "Free Juice Boxes for Rukia Cosplayers" :P