PDA

View Full Version : Californian Artists

Babbit_Chan
12-07-2002, 11:33 AM
I wasn't sure where to post this or look so I figured this might be the best place (or you could head me in the right direction ^~)

Are there any artists here that live in California and might be interested in holding a table at in an planning day convention? In short, we'll give you space and a table in the dealers room and you'll be able to sell any of your artwork (or do portraits, we don't care - suggestion of my school sponsor).

We'll be doing this around spring away from other Californian con dates so you'll be safe from con clashings. If you're interested, please PM, IM, or email me:

AIM: Bad Luck Babbit
Email: Sorrownomiko@aol.com

If you're from a neighboring state and would be interested in coming anyway, we're not responsible for your means of transportation since this is only a day con and won't be very big anyway.

If you know any artists that might be interested, pointing them my way would be greatly appreciated as well!

-Babbit-chan

Maryssa
12-07-2002, 11:57 AM
How is this different from artists alley?

Babbit_Chan
12-07-2002, 12:01 PM
What's artists alley? <<; If this sounds like it's a con devoted to artists, perhaps I worded it wrong >_<;; It'll be a general one day anime convention, we're just looking for any artists that might want to sell their artwork.

LiL QoH
12-07-2002, 01:15 PM
when and where'd the con? :)

Cassandra
12-07-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Babbit_Chan
What's artists alley? <<; If this sounds like it's a con devoted to artists, perhaps I worded it wrong >_<;; It'll be a general one day anime convention, we're just looking for any artists that might want to sell their artwork.

An artists alley is basically a row of tables with a bunch of artists selling artwork. (An alley of artists....so people can walk up and down the row)

Babbit_Chan
12-07-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by LiL QoH
when and where'd the con? :)

Walnut Creek, sometime between March and April.

final testament
12-07-2002, 08:11 PM
hmmm. Interesting!!!

Adella
12-08-2002, 10:48 PM
shh no one listen to QoH she suks ;p

Babbit_Chan
12-10-2002, 03:00 PM
NEW INFORMATION:

Here is the address of the theater we will be holding the convention at:

2341 Monument Blvd.
Pleasant Hill, CA 94523

Coffin
01-02-2003, 04:02 AM
when is this?!? i live in antioch and i would like to attend, but only as a spectator. though i am a artist (going on forever{13 yrs.}) i will like to see how others go about making their portfolios. is this event free, and if so when exactly is it?

Babbit_Chan
01-02-2003, 04:43 AM
We're hoping around April - spring breakish. The event probably won't be free, but even if it isn't I'm guessing it wouldn't cost more than $5-$15. Of course, that's just an estimate. More when I get an update!

Coffin
01-05-2003, 03:47 AM
yes. please keep me updated.