PDA

View Full Version : Multicolor Skin Tone?

Hanyaan
07-29-2004, 04:53 PM
I know there are threads about changing skin color, but I haven't seen anything answering my particular question.

I'm going to be cosplaying as Wrath from Fullmetal Alchemist, and it's an important plot point that one of his arms and one of his legs are a different color (tanner) than the rest of his body. And I'm sorry, but I am NOT going to self-tan one arm and one leg only.

Should I do it with foundation or what? I'm really quite pale, how much darker makeup should I buy? (I have access to Ben Nye at a local theatrical supply store.) And for a darker patch of skin on the darker areas, how much darker should I go for that?

archangeli
07-29-2004, 09:25 PM
There's no problem with tanning one side only...
When you're done the cosplay tan the other side :p

and since self tanners fade in about a week you'll be back to normal in no time flat...

Kokuu
07-29-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm not familiar with this character, but how much darker do you need to go? If you go to your local theatrical makeup store, you should be able to try out the different colors, until you find the colors that works for you. Make sure you have lots of loose powder to seal the makeup, otherwise you'll find makeup all over your costume.

Wakusei
07-29-2004, 11:01 PM
Is it just the arm and leg? I'm unfamiliar with the character. If it is just the arm and leg you could always take some pantyhose. Use one leg and make a sleeve from the other. This would probably look better with a glove, but it will give you the effect without any make-up.

China-Lilly
07-29-2004, 11:31 PM
Self-tanners tend to fade in about 3-5 days unless you reapply. If you use a scrub (or just bi-carb soda mixed with some Cetaphil) in the shower, you'll help it fade faster.

Pantyhose - if you get quite a thin denier - would be an easy option. Just cut one of the legs off at the thigh. And then you could opt for makeup on the arm. It's just with makeup you risk it rubbing off onto clothing.