PDA

View Full Version : Popular cosplay through time

scandia
12-07-2002, 02:31 PM
What costumes did you use to see a lot of at one time but not so many anymore- having had a peak but now hit a valley. Conversely, what characters do you see being cosplayed at a constant rate?

When I first began attending cons, I used to see a lot of Sailor Senshi and GW costumes. But I do not see those many anymore- now cons only have one Sailor Moon or Duo instead of 3. When I started there was hardly any Trigun or Inu Yasha, but in fall 2001 they were tops, and now they have winded down. I see the Magic Knights being pretty much even.

Celine
12-07-2002, 03:29 PM
Cardcaptor Sakura seems to be steadily decreasing...

Dark Vision
12-07-2002, 04:33 PM
*nods with a dignified face*

Sailor scouts will never die and that's probably a good thing too.

Kenshin seems to be strong and I hope chobits will give way. Considering people just likes it because its cute and it'll prob give away when the next cute thing comes along.

Maryssa
12-07-2002, 09:01 PM
very long ago: ranma, slayers

not so long ago: utena

Hitomi chan
12-09-2002, 02:18 PM
card captor sakura (specially the pink dress) and sailor senshi, oh! also ranma

KaitouKurogo
12-09-2002, 07:41 PM
The number of Sailor Senshi has been steadily decreasing as the wonderfulness that is Sailormoon is fading under the barrage of new animes. Fluffy Shoujo is being pushed away by the new gothic sorts like Hellsing and Priest.

Still, the classics will never die. There will always be some who come dressed as Usagi or Sakura. However, the day I attend a convention and fail to see a Sailor Senshi is the day I will cry for the death of an era.

Chosuke
12-10-2002, 07:09 AM
Well you don't see nearly as many Rinoa's anymore as you did about a year or two back o-o; You couldn't swing a gunblade without hitting one in the head...

Sailor senshi are dwindling.. but I doubt will ever totally disapear.The same with Ranma,Utena and CCS.

The population of Yuna's is still high.. but decreasing as well,the same with Tidus's,Lulus and Aurons.

Sunde & Schuld
12-10-2002, 10:37 AM
FFX will be popular until the next Final Fantasy comes out.......

Kindof like what happened with 7, 8, and 9.

I remember cosplay Yuna before the game came out in the states and no one knowing who I was @.@

sailor-moon
12-10-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by KaitouKurogo
The number of Sailor Senshi has been steadily decreasing as the wonderfulness that is Sailormoon is fading under the barrage of new animes. Fluffy Shoujo is being pushed away by the new gothic sorts like Hellsing and Priest.

Still, the classics will never die. There will always be some who come dressed as Usagi or Sakura. However, the day I attend a convention and fail to see a Sailor Senshi is the day I will cry for the death of an era.

haha!! i will always keep SM cosplay alive!!!! ^o^

Hitomi chan
12-10-2002, 02:04 PM
In Mexico the Sailor Moon fever was in '98. In con's there was a lot of girls with sailor senshi outfits, and sailor fuku. It has been decreasing through the years, bur there are still some girls that still love that series. I want to cosplay Sailor Mars so... in Mexico sailor senshi will be alive for a while :D
But I want that every sakura cosplayer disappear!!! It's not that I hate Sakura, but I hate the millions of Sakura's pink dress cosplay!! if the girls in my country could make another sakura outfit instead of only making the pink dress of the first opening, I will be glad :p hehe, sorry, I had a bad day.
Also, in some sites I've watched that the VK cosplay it's getting very popular... also Chii.