PDA

View Full Version : Oni-Con! Houston, TX Oct 22-24, 2004

Pages : [1] 2

Cherry
07-30-2004, 09:43 PM
Restarting this one. Conflict free. Just continue here if you guys want.

ZakuKitty
07-31-2004, 12:07 AM
Well I'm looking forward to meeting you people up there. That was my favorite part of A-Kon..though I am looking forward to seeing Duel Jewel. Haven't really listened to their music sadly.... :crylaugh:

moonglaive
07-31-2004, 01:14 AM
Dates: October 22-24, 2004

Houston, TX

Cost:
$35 at door
$27 preregistration
$22/ person for 10 or more

Guests {click here (http://www.oni-con.com/view_guests.php) ... the list is extensive)

Dealers:
A Different Drum
Alpha Centauri
Anime Depot
Anime Owns You
Anime Palace
Anime Pavillion
AnimeSnacks.com
Asylum Anime
AV Designs
Cartoon Passion
Digital Discs
House of Anime
LARPProps.com
Mach 1 Computers
Mopodia
Planet Anime
Rare Romance
TeaWorks
The Anime Store

For more info please visit www.oni-con.com

ZiggyB
07-31-2004, 01:20 AM
Since we're having so much trouble with this topic. I'm going to be watching this thread and deleting anything that's not relevant to this convention. So you'll see a few posts deleted.

Again, everyone stay on topic, or the thread will be closed again and we have the option of not allowing the thread to be recreated again.

Word of warning.

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-31-2004, 03:21 AM
Like it was mentioned in the thread before... Friday night we are getting together a group of demon related cosplayers.
Yes, Inuyasha counts. ^_^
Anyone else intrested?

jinnai
07-31-2004, 05:15 AM
Hello, I'm Lord Katsuhiko Jinnai. I'll be helping with the Oni-Con dance. I'll be spinning remixed anime, jpop and jrock music (ALL FAN-REMIXED BY ME).

This will be my first time DJing in Texas! I'm very thrilled!

You guys are in for a treat! I don't know of any other DJ who does the same stuff I do. The closest would be DJ Sharpnel, but he is a DJ in Japan!

Please check my site for samples and other random things! Thanks for reading and hope you attend ONI-CON!

Oh yeah, and say HI to me! XD!!!

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-31-2004, 05:23 AM
Mr. Jinnai has the best remix of Simple and Clean ever!!! :heart: :rockon: :heart:

jinnai
07-31-2004, 05:27 AM
Thanks, I try. ^^;;;;

Anna
07-31-2004, 06:18 AM
I wish I could go too Oni-con(speacially since the second day's my B-day) ;_; But nobody I know has the time and/or money too take us there.*sigh*

moonglaive
07-31-2004, 10:47 AM
Since we're having so much trouble with this topic. I'm going to be watching this thread and deleting anything that's not relevant to this convention. So you'll see a few posts deleted.

Since this is on behalf of one of our convention sponsors....

We're looking for input on our LAN rooms and what type of bubble/boba/tapioca tea everyone likes. We have threads devoted on the Oni-Con forums to these topics so if you do have any suggesting, go post em there!

Thanks
Alyssa

Fluffy-chan
07-31-2004, 02:06 PM

Again, everyone stay on topic, or the thread will be closed again and we have the option of not allowing the thread to be recreated again.

Word of warning.

Please forgive me if I said something out of line. I just never want to see something like that again!

I'm looking forward to the Duel Jewel in concert!! :jjacks: Yay!!!

Now about that mini demon masquerade. I think I will just watch and cheer the others on. I'm not that brave when it comes to being in front of people. I did it at Ushi-con 3 and I don't plan on doing it again. That is, unless someone drags me up there in chains, :p or they give me puppy dog eyes! ^.^ Besides, most people seem to be annoyed by us InuYasha cosplayers from what I've seen. I might just go in my Sesshomaru costume. That is if my friend can go as InuYasha in our group. I had to be InuYasha and Sesshomaru for A-Kon because she couldn't come.

Oh and Jinnai, I will definitely try to find you and say Hi! I'm not much for dances but, in this case, I'll make an exception just to hear you rock the house! :rockon:

Xerjester
07-31-2004, 02:37 PM
Jinnai is definitely awesome. Can't wait to see the chap spin live!

As for me, I'll be there...looking rather dazed at times. Or, failing that, looking for some way to procure gummi in any form I can find it. Good times.

DjPhReAksTyLe
07-31-2004, 03:29 PM
Xero i will have mucho gummis for j00. You gonna be at the art tables? Are you a guest? Or just a regular con-goer?

Xerjester
07-31-2004, 03:38 PM
For Oni-Con I'm blessed enough to be a guest, so I'll be there at panels and the art alley and whatnot.Yatta for the uber-class gummi goodness!!

KawaiiEdea
07-31-2004, 08:35 PM
I can't wait for this con :DDD I've yet to go to a texas convention so I hope I can make it :DD!

moonglaive
08-01-2004, 09:04 AM
Oh lord KawaiiEdea, in the movie that cat was bad, but even a still frame is too cute XD.

...someone should cosplay as him with the big eyes O_O

jinnai
08-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Im still shocked to find out Antonio Banderas was in a CARTOON.

Cherry
08-01-2004, 04:41 PM
Im still shocked to find out Antonio Banderas was in a CARTOON.

A sexy cat? :3

jinnai
08-01-2004, 05:39 PM
hehe yup X3

Cherry
08-01-2004, 05:55 PM
56 Cosplayers and counting!

Digital Blush
08-01-2004, 07:21 PM
good news! dad said if my sister and me get good grades we're going to oni-con i'll be bringing my boyfriend with me too. i should have my shugo costume done by then hopefully and i'm bringing my Shia from Pita-ten costume as well. wish me luck ^^

LilyChan
08-02-2004, 03:00 PM
I MIGHT go with a Gojyo *_* Oh man. I remember seeing Dual Jewel at A-Kon 14 :rockon: But I'm the idiot who'll never ask them anything again. :sulk: Anyways, hope to go ~_^

enyaoireag
08-02-2004, 10:35 PM
I'm (99%) sure I'll go! I'll be a Miyako from Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne for my friend, a bishie hunter, and either an improved Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist or Yuki the rat from Fruits Basket! XD

AkitoSohma
08-03-2004, 02:00 AM
I'm about only 87% sure that I'll be going to Oni-con (I HOPE so, though. It'll be my second con!). BUT, if I DO make it, I'll probably be cosplaying as Leona Uzaki from Tank Police, Seta Soujiro from Rurouni Kenshin, and Kuro Ky from Guilty Gear XX (if I can finish the costume in time). I'm gonna drag my boyfriend along as well, dressed as Al Cuad Solte from Tank Police, and possibly a friend of mine we call the Sn00 (who will be dressed as Dark Chii from Chobits). HOPEFULLY (cross your fingers, everyone) I can manage to get off of work for a few days to attend!

And if anyone here saw me as Akito Sohma from Fruits Basket this past A-Kon, I hope to see you again! (and get your email addys this time >_< D-oh!) I would be cosplaying as Akito again, but my hair has been butchered and I can't afford a decent wig AND all the costuming materials, so I'm having to cosplay as a few characters with short, brown hair ^_^'' And from the looks of it, I'm gonna be one of the first to cosplay as Leona! w00t! (Pretty certain I'm not THE first, but I haven't seen any pics of any others online yet, soooo...)

Anyways, can't wait to meet lots of new people and see a ton of great costumes! Ja matta!

Alkaren Hyralt
08-03-2004, 03:58 AM
I shall be at Oni-Con :cool:

KawaiiNeko85
08-03-2004, 06:05 AM
As a Texas girl I really want to go but I'm a poor college student just out of state. It would take me at least four hours to get there and I don't know anyone who's going. I really don't want to get a hotel room for just myself. I can't afford it ^_^ If I can find people I sort of know who would want to go then I will. If not, I'll have to wait for (hopefully) Oni-con 2.

Btw, is pre-registration still going on?

If I did go I'd cosplay around as Kagome (the first costume I've ever made) and Sailor Iron Mouse (costume # 2) again (I was a walk-on at the A-Kon 15 cosplay contest) but I don't think I'd compete. I would need to make a new costume, and I'm still drawing a blank for A-Kon next year as it is ^ ^;;

HuongStar
08-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Cherry, can you give me a rough estimate of how many attendees you expect for the weekend? Are you all promoting at Anime Day?

FYI: The link on the front page for Artist Alley information leads to an interview with Jason Balduf.

Omni
08-03-2004, 12:12 PM
I will be attending Oni-Con as my first convention I just need to remember to send in my pre-reg. I have already booked a hotel for the weekend even though I live a little over an hour away. Could possibly look into getting some roommates but since none of my friends like anime and I'm rather new here I dont know how that will go. My costume is coming along nicely but going to be very upset if it is not finished in time.

ZakuKitty
08-03-2004, 12:34 PM
More and more people...this will be awesome <3

Still need to buy a badge though....<_<

Working on another costume since I have the contacts for it...Ash from Phantom Brave. ^^ Looking forward to cosplaying something other than Naruto :P...though Naruto still rules. <_<

Cherry
08-03-2004, 02:12 PM
Cherry, can you give me a rough estimate of how many attendees you expect for the weekend? Are you all promoting at Anime Day?

FYI: The link on the front page for Artist Alley information leads to an interview with Jason Balduf.

At this exact moment, I really can't say our estimate due to the fact we don't know. Our hotel is nearly sold out, and I know it's to the point we were getting worried about building restrictions. Our dealers tables are stacked, and new people are registering every day. I can probably post some sort of guestimate soon. I know UshiCon 1 had around 800 people total, and we're expecting FAR past that. ;o

I kinda am sad. We were expecting to be a small first year con, but instead we're becoming a major con. Oni-Con 1's hotel isn't as big as I would like, but it is PRETTY DAMN big. Oni-Con 2's hotel is going to be MUCH more impressive. I can't say it until we figure it all out, but it'll be ... macho. It'll blow Oni-Con 1 out of the water, trust me. <3.

But yes, we have a full house at the moment. :3

Jason Balduf. <3.

Zaku Kitty- The badges are actually being worked on about two inches away from me. They. Look. So. FREAKING. Cool.

Cherry
08-03-2004, 02:12 PM
BTW. 59 cosplayers now have signed up on the cosplay.com convention planner! ^___^!

jinnai
08-03-2004, 03:55 PM
lots of people! oh my!!

LilyChan
08-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Let just hope that those 59 people go ~_^

Ryo Ikari
08-05-2004, 08:53 PM
i can't wait for oni-con. ^_^ i hope it just as fun as A-kon15. i still got to pay for every thing. i have the money and i'm just been lazy about it. hehe. ^_^;;

oh i'm also going to cosplay as Seta from Love Hina and Yuki from Fruits Basket.

Yusuke Urameshi
08-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Whoa...didn't even know there was a convention planner. *adds oni-con to planner* Ohh, and by the way, my two brothers, 4-5 friends, and I plan on going, so I don't think going by the numbers on the planner is/will be very accurate (but you probably know that allready). *shrug* I think I'm gonna print out some of those nifty oni-con flyers. My brother said he saw some around his college (Art Institute of Houston) so apparently they work.

Cherry
08-10-2004, 01:45 AM
Whoa...didn't even know there was a convention planner. *adds oni-con to planner* Ohh, and by the way, my two brothers, 4-5 friends, and I plan on going, so I don't think going by the numbers on the planner is/will be very accurate (but you probably know that allready). *shrug* I think I'm gonna print out some of those nifty oni-con flyers. My brother said he saw some around his college (Art Institute of Houston) so apparently they work.

The number planner thingy isn't accurate at all. Not TOO Many cosplayers are on the boards constantly. ^^

Digital Blush
08-11-2004, 02:39 AM
yay this is a real convention forum now ^^

Cherry
08-11-2004, 10:28 AM
yay this is a real convention forum now ^^

:3 We got our own nifty spaaaaaaaaaaaace!

firewingpegasus
08-12-2004, 07:02 PM
yay! I'm almost 100% sure I'll go to this con.

Digital Blush
08-12-2004, 07:33 PM
yay! I'm almost 100% sure I'll go to this con.

ah are you going as Sailor Saturn if you are i have to take pictures of you, shes my favorite. Plus everyone says i would make a good saturn but i really dont want to cosplay her yet xD

hanyou741
08-20-2004, 08:27 PM
I'm going to be at oni-con too!! I'm going to cosplay as Duo Maxwell from gundam wing! Hey if anyone is being a gundam wing charter tell me and maybe we can meet up somewhere! thanx, seya soon!!!

Cherry
08-20-2004, 08:52 PM
I'm going to be at oni-con too!! I'm going to cosplay as Duo Maxwell from gundam wing! Hey if anyone is being a gundam wing charter tell me and maybe we can meet up somewhere! thanx, seya soon!!!

Woot! I was going to host Yaoi-Fest in my Heero costume, but now I think I'm doing Shuichi. xD Go Gundam Wing!!!

66 Cosplayers now!

hanyou741
08-20-2004, 09:08 PM
My friend was going to be Heero but then she wanted to be Sesshomaru!!GRRRRR!!

hanyou741
08-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Woot! I was going to host Yaoi-Fest in my Heero costume, but now I think I'm doing Shuichi. xD Go Gundam Wing!!!

66 Cosplayers now!
who are ya goin to be this year??just wondering, not trying to be annoying, but I can't really find anyone who is going to be anyone from gundam wing and if they are they all like relenaxHerro they don't like yaoi! Stupid people 1X2 Rox!! no offence to the people who like relenaxheero, I still respect yall.

jinnai
08-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Please attend the dance, as it is going to be the MOST BIGGEST gig in my dj career. XD!

ZakuKitty
08-20-2004, 09:42 PM
Please attend the dance, as it is going to be the MOST BIGGEST gig in my dj career. XD!

Hmmm well I can't dance but I'll be sure to come by for a bit. :)

jinnai
08-20-2004, 09:43 PM
(hint....naruto....remix.....hint)

ZakuKitty
08-20-2004, 09:48 PM

Well then you can be sure I'll be there. ;)

:bigtu:

Digital Blush
08-20-2004, 11:13 PM

Omg that would be so awesome. Ninja in the Night! This Hinata will ninja :P

hanyou741
08-21-2004, 08:17 PM
I'm trying to convince my mom to take me on the 25, But she dosn't want me to miss school, nor dose she want to leave work to drop me off!!!! GRRRR! parents can be sooo annoying, but I'm gonna keep trying,I really want to be there, MAINLY for the dance. I mean come on Mom this is my first con!! If yall can think of any Ideas to convince my mom please tell!! thanx!

Digital Blush
08-21-2004, 08:50 PM
um but isnt oni-con like oct 22-24 you would miss the whole con if you went the 25th o_o

ZakuKitty
08-21-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm trying to convince my mom to take me on the 25, But she dosn't want me to miss school, nor dose she want to leave work to drop me off!!!! GRRRR! parents can be sooo annoying, but I'm gonna keep trying,I really want to be there, MAINLY for the dance. I mean come on Mom this is my first con!! If yall can think of any Ideas to convince my mom please tell!! thanx!

I am guessing that you meant to say the 22nd. If anything, you shoudl at least convince her to take you early on the 23rd...<_< If she won't take you on the 22nd until before and during the work and school then at least come later on that day perhaps. :) The first con is a special time...though the other ones after are quite nice...<_<

hanyou741
08-22-2004, 12:48 AM
thanx, yea i type kinda bad sometimes, sorry bout that, but thanx for the ideas!

megumibish
08-22-2004, 04:06 AM
Hey Cherry, what's this Yaoi-fest you're talking about? Are you doing that for Oni? If so I wanna go. =P I'm sure if it does go down you won't mind having a yaoi comic artist along. I can doodle for pocky.

the only vash
08-24-2004, 02:44 AM
when is the dance. i would like to hear that naruto remix.

jinnai
08-25-2004, 02:07 AM
Dunno when the dance will be...sometime saturday night?

Anna
08-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Well I asked around , but parent's say I can't go to Oni con ;_; . They say they want me to spend my birthday "With the family" . They never do anything special for my birthday so I don't see why there're saying that (I stopped having party's when I was 9 , cause I just got sick and tired of crying on my B-day because not even my older Brother would show up ) Maybe next year though.

the only vash
08-30-2004, 01:55 PM
me and my brother finally decided how we are gonna cosplay at oni con. we are gonna go dressed as syndicate members from the manga of Love Hina. we are hoping that comes out ok. its basically suits but we are gonna add in some accessories that we hope will help it out. hope to see you guys there.

Ryo Ikari
08-30-2004, 04:06 PM
thats cool. ^_^ i have a Seta costume. i just need to get some stuff to add on it to make me look more like Seta. i hope i get to meet the 2 Naru from A-kon 15. ^__^ hehe. but anyways i'll keep my eyes open to see if i can find The Only Vash and ur brother. oh and good luck with ur costume.

Cherry
08-30-2004, 05:40 PM
thats cool. ^_^ i have a Seta costume. i just need to get some stuff to add on it to make me look more like Seta. i hope i get to meet the 2 Naru from A-kon 15. ^__^ hehe. but anyways i'll keep my eyes open to see if i can find The Only Vash and ur brother. oh and good luck with ur costume.

Seta<3.

It'll be fun. There's going to be sooo many Naru's at this con, I'll bet. It's so appropriate. xD

We're up to 71 cosplayers now, of just people who are on these forums. I'm really happy. I hope I get to run into everyone . :3

Making my own Sasuke costume is really starting to get tempting.

ZakuKitty
08-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Too many Naruto characters to have a few only. :P

devlinne
08-30-2004, 08:12 PM
This con is gonna be the shiznat[jumps around in extreme excitement] xD
Hmm if I were to stay in a room for just one night, should it be Friday or Saturday night you think? I live like 35 minutes away so that's why it will only be one night, and I can drive the other :9

...Oh hey Cherry do you remember me? I was the femme Sasuke at O-chibicon hehe.

Ryo Ikari
08-30-2004, 09:32 PM
i remeber seeing cherry at the A-kon 15. ur costumes r very cool. ^_^

the only vash
08-31-2004, 12:50 AM
Well in case you guys try to look for me and my brother, dont try too hard. I believe we should be able to stand out if anything. Im 6'2" dark skinned, hispanic, and my brother is about 1 foot shorter than me. The Only Vash will not be my badge name, it will be my real name, Enrique. In case your wondering thats my real name. Well anyways hoope to see you guys there. Hope to meet as many people as I can from Cosplay.com.

Cherry
08-31-2004, 01:30 AM
Hmm if I were to stay in a room for just one night, should it be Friday or Saturday night you think? I live like 35 minutes away so that's why it will only be one night, and I can drive the other :9

Hehe! Try and reserve rooms ASAP. One, we are almost out, two, buying a room REALLY helps out the convention.

Oh my gawsh! I remember you. Weren't you one of the poor souls I roped into going on stage? :3

jinnai
08-31-2004, 03:15 AM
when is opening ceremonies? (unless this has been asked already)

HackerEd
08-31-2004, 10:29 PM

R u the person I took a pic with? I was Sakura. U r so kewlies! I never thought I'd run into u again^^

S3FilmsR3x
09-03-2004, 09:28 PM
I CAN'T WAIT for Oni-Con. It's going to be my first anime convention AND my first time cosplaying. I'm going as Ackman from Akira Toriyama's Go! Go! Ackman manga, and I'm still trying to convince my friends who're going with me to cosplay too. We're only going on the 22nd though, as far as I know.

hanyou741
09-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Hey i'm not the only one , this is going to be my first con too, I'm happy i'm not alone out there!!I can't wait either!!!!!!

Aaron
09-05-2004, 12:59 AM
heh this is gonna be my first con too im 13 and trying to make it my first con in which i cosplay also but..... we'll have to see about that :D....

the only vash
09-05-2004, 05:20 PM
ok. for a minute there i thought me and my brother were gonna be the only ones. im 20 and hes 17. its a good thing we also live in houston. we can just go home when we are ready. from my house the convention is only a 15 minutes drive. and also it will be our first time cosplaying.

HackerEd
09-05-2004, 06:11 PM
It will be my 2nd time cosplaying. The 1st time for my friends.

Ryo Ikari
09-05-2004, 08:25 PM
this will be my 2nd too. ^_^

S3FilmsR3x
09-05-2004, 09:29 PM
I'm from the Houston area so it won't be that far a drive... I'm actually going with my school's anime club. I'm in the digital graphics and animation club, and they invited us.

AkitoSohma
09-06-2004, 12:58 AM
Yay! I'm now 100% sure that I'll get to go! This'll be so awesome...now if only I can get off my lazy bum and finish some costumes! I'd really like to wear my Akito Sohma kimonos again, but I got my hair cut REAL short and it wouldn't look right...*pout*

I wanna cosplay Sanada Yukimura from SDK at some point now...Yukimura rocks! w00t!

hanyou741
09-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Costumes Made:
Akito Sohma -- Fruits Basket 100% (last worn A-Kon 15)
Yuki Sohma (casual) -- Fruits Basket 100% (last worn A-Kon 15)
Seta Soujiro -- Rurouni Kenshin 100% (Oni-Con 2004)
Costumes Planned:
Kuro Ky -- Guilty Gear XX 5% (A-Kon 16)
Leona Uzaki (patrol gear)-- Tank Police 5%
Leona Uzaki (office uniform) -- Tank Police 15%
Heero Yuy -- Gundam Wing 10% (Oni-Con 2004)
Sanada Yukimura -- Samurai Deeper Kyo 0% (A-Kon 16)[QUOTE]

Are you going to be Heero for oni-con? Because, I'm going to be Duo and I've been looking for some other Gundam Wing peeps, maybe I'll see you up-there. What days are you going to be there?
Hanyou741

AkitoSohma
09-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Are you going to be Heero for oni-con? Because, I'm going to be Duo and I've been looking for some other Gundam Wing peeps, maybe I'll see you up-there. What days are you going to be there?
Hanyou741

Yeah! All I have left to do is stitch up the tanktop I made and find a toy gun and I'm all set. The only problems are that I won't have the right shoes, I'll be wearing my black boots instead, and I'll be wearing glasses (I don't have contacts anymore)...Muwahaha! EEEEEVIL NERDY HEERO!! :toothy: I'll be there all three days (hopefully). It all depends on when I get my new job and if I can get all those days off. But I AM going to be there! *looks all determined with her Soujiro katana at the ready*

Anyway, I'll send a preview pic when I'm done so I'll be easy to find ^_^'' as if the black boots on Heero in his tanktop and spandex shorts from the fourth dimension wouldn't be enough...Hope to see you there!

hanyou741
09-06-2004, 08:25 PM
YAAAAY!! Theres going to be a Hee-chan at oni-con!!Heck yea!!!

misakyra
09-06-2004, 10:51 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone! I can't wait!

Mei˛
09-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Wee Oni-Con goodness. Everything seems to be going well so far, so I'm excited for everyone. -:D

Candice, you will be picked up and have naughty things done to you when I arrive.

Cherry
09-08-2004, 02:21 AM
Wee Oni-Con goodness. Everything seems to be going well so far, so I'm excited for everyone. -:D

Candice, you will be picked up and have naughty things done to you when I arrive.

Sounds like a plan to me!

kyandi-chan
09-08-2004, 12:25 PM
going...to..oni-con...buying tickets friday...

*dizzy* i even rerserved a hotel room. i think we're gonna try and jam 6 people into one rooM!!!! only one is not a cosplayer!!!

jinnai
09-08-2004, 05:48 PM
yay!

ONI-CON IS ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S3FilmsR3x
09-08-2004, 09:18 PM
I hope my costume's actually going to be done on time... right now it's not looking like Ackman's going to be completed by the con... I may have to just stick it out with street clothes, eyeliner, and a spiffy wig (which would basically be Ackman... maybe I'm on to something here). And it's not looking like any of my friends are going to cosplay because a lot of them don't have time to make a costume or anything.

the only vash
09-10-2004, 11:15 AM
guys i need some help. im preregistering for Oni-Con this weekend, but i dont know what i should pick as my badge name. it was going to be my real name, but i thought that would be a too corny. can you guys give me any help or ideas on how to pick a good badge name. thanks.

ZakuKitty
09-10-2004, 11:42 AM
guys i need some help. im preregistering for Oni-Con this weekend, but i dont know what i should pick as my badge name. it was going to be my real name, but i thought that would be a too corny. can you guys give me any help or ideas on how to pick a good badge name. thanks.

You could always use the name you use on this forum. :D

Tentacle_Guy
09-10-2004, 05:00 PM
The Squid shall be at Oni-con. Hopefully for the entire time. I'm trying to buy my very own Squid Cave, and if all goes well, I'll be moving in end of October. You wouldn't belive how hard it is getting the bank to finance an underwater lair.

hanyou741
09-10-2004, 05:41 PM
this is to 'the only vash'

if your cosplaying, then use the name of the person your cosplaying, thats what i'm doing. I'm going to be Duo Maxwell and I put Duo Rodriguez on my badge,since my last name is rodriguez!^^! Just be creative!

the only vash
09-10-2004, 05:47 PM
well i would do that but i think "random syndicate guy from the Love Hina manga" would be a little too long for the badge. lol. well i hope that i can think of soemthing soon.

HackerEd
09-10-2004, 07:49 PM
The Only Vash- You can always pick a person from an anime/manga/whatever u act like or like as a character. That's where my name came from, I really do tend to act like Ed from Cowboy Bebop, and she's a hacker. Therefor- HackerEd^^

the only vash
09-10-2004, 08:53 PM
well my brother and i are finally registered. his badge name will be Duel and mine will be Mister E. Oni Con is so close i can feel a chill down my back. but yes im finally registered. of course i did it online cuz i really don't feel like waiting to mail it off. well anyways hope to see you guys there.

Cherry
09-10-2004, 11:08 PM
Just to tell you guys, Yaya [ Angelic Star.net ] Just got invited to Oni-Con! We also got Camino! :3 New band. *Dance*. Oh em gee so excited.

Tentacle_Guy
09-10-2004, 11:45 PM
wow Duel Jewel AND Camino.. it's like you're holding some sort of convention or something Cherry

the only vash
09-11-2004, 02:42 AM
i just saw it today on the website. i thought it was so cool that they are coming. me and my brother can hardly wait. we are trying to see if we can see everything that it will have to offer. he's looking foward to the anime survivor contest. as for me im looking foward to that 24 hour gaming room. i don't even think that i will be able to leave. this will be my first anime convention and hopefully not my last. and i want to make the best of it that i can. but one thing for sure is that me and my will be at the dance in cosplay listening to those great remixes.

jinnai
09-11-2004, 10:45 AM
oh yeah...ill be bringing mix cds for those wanting souveneirs ^^.

yayahan
09-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Yay Oni-con! I am super hyped about coming, thank you so much for the invitation! It will be amazing to see Duel Jewel again <3!

Yusuke Urameshi
09-12-2004, 02:23 AM
If I can go to Oni-Con (not sure....I'm somewhat dependent on parents.....grrrr) I'll proably go as Yusuke, Wolfwood, Heero, and/or Spike.

kyandi-chan
09-12-2004, 12:12 PM
oh yeah...ill be bringing mix cds for those wanting souveneirs ^^.

ooooo! i gotta save up some extra money if that possible for that!

yay, yaya is going! i wonder what pretty costumes you'll wear! ^^ duel jewel!!! so cooooool *remembers they're going* and NOW CAMINO!!! my head will explode with love

the only vash
09-15-2004, 04:43 PM
it keeps getting closer and closer with every day that passes.

hanyou741
09-15-2004, 10:07 PM
yep only 37 more days!!! I have it written on my mirror in I think its lipstick I'm not sure, but it comes off the mirror pretty easy ,I'm counting down the days on my mirror! Boy, dose that sound funny!! I hope to see yall there!!

Digital Blush
09-17-2004, 07:36 PM
makes me sad that at the last minute my parents wont let me go. whyyyy :dramatic pose: i hope to be at ushicon with my anime club though and i will def be going to a-kon 16 ^^

the only vash
09-17-2004, 09:54 PM
ouch man. well sorry you won't make it. as for me, im starting to have second doubts. i was hoping that this would be my first time at an anime convention and my first time cosplaying. am still gonna go but im not so sure if im still gonna cosplay. all i have been doing is studying for tests this whole time. im not sure if i will have a chance to get my costume together in time for the convention. well, i'll just have to wait and see. hope to see you guys there.

S3FilmsR3x
09-17-2004, 10:37 PM
Yeah. I don't think I'm going to get to have my costume done in time either. School is destorying my life.

DjPhReAksTyLe
09-18-2004, 08:58 PM
no im not dead... i will be there... because i'll be working... but that's about it.

doubt ill even cosplay.

>_<

loserific
09-19-2004, 12:40 AM
Oh! I can't wait till Oni-con! Though I'm getting very worried every day because things just seem to get worse! I was going the whole weekend,than I could only go Friday and Saturday,now I'm down to Saturday and if I'm lucky Sunday. Though I really wanted to see Duel Jewel on Friday(if I'm right) I can't go Friday at all because of stupid band performance ><;;; Though I am going to go no matter what. My mom promised me that. But I wanted to ask if anyone had any idea on where to stay other than the hotel it is being held at(because I heard they were booked,I told me mom to get a room about 4 months earlier,but did she listen?) I'm trying to talk my mom into just sleeping in the van but I don't know. XDD Gah,maybe I am going to end up paying $27 just for a couple of hours of Saturday. ><;;;;;;;

Oh and if anyone is wondering, I will be cosplaying Chii with my friend as Freya. We are doing the 'black and white' costumes that has only one reff. pic. o.<

And I really wanted to hear all the uber cool anime remixes at the dance! ;_;

HackerEd
09-19-2004, 02:49 PM
Are u in band at school? I wasn't gonna be able to go on friday becasue it's band night but I had such a crappy audition that I made the lowest band and cannot go to the game to play. Besides, if I do go on friday everyone will think I'm sick^^

loserific
09-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Yes,I'm in marching band. ><;; Though my school is so small and our band is even smaller that they just have to have everyone there or my band director throws a little fit. I talked to him about it and he said the only way he would let me miss is if I had already paid. I knew I should have paid earlier! *has check and envelope in her hands right now* And plus if I just missed and said I was 'sick' than, well, he would kick me out. And then that would lead to my parents freaking out on me and,well,yeah. Gah, all my time is sacrificed to either the band god or cosplay and anime god. ><;;;;

HackerEd
09-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Wow where do u go to school? So many go to the highschool that they had to build a seperate SCHOOL just for 9th graders (where I'm at now). Therefor, our band is huge. I play a popular instrument as well, we have like 50 trumpets in our band, so they won't miss me. Also, with me being in the lowest band they don't require me to do anything except play at pep-rallies. I haven't gone to a single football game this year.

loserific
09-19-2004, 04:30 PM
Well, I go to school in Chambers County. Our band is so small that we have to have the little 8th graders play with us. It's really that small. And on top of that, I am in the colorguard so they need me for that too. Though I just ended another fight with my mom about oni-con and we are most likely staying Saturday night. I wanted to go after the game on Friday but my mom is lazy.

We have only 9 trumpets...I think. ;_; 2-3a school's suck.

HackerEd
09-19-2004, 05:46 PM
I'm sorry u can't come on Friday. At least u get to come at all^^ My badge should say HackerEd so if u see me say hi.

loserific
09-19-2004, 06:32 PM
Yeah,I guess your right. I hope I get to meet you. ^_^ I don't know what I want my badge will say. I might put loserific, but than again I might just put Ashli. So if you see a Chii walking around with either Ashli or loserific on her badge,than that's me. ^_^

S3FilmsR3x
09-19-2004, 09:10 PM
There are plenty of other hotels in our area, plus there's Alvin, Pearland, Friendswood, and a bunch of other places less than an hour away from Houston.

Ryo Ikari
09-19-2004, 09:20 PM
that suck u can't go on friday. but like HackerEd said at least ur going. ^_^

HackerEd: did u go to A-kon15?

the only vash
09-20-2004, 11:10 AM
this will be great. so many people are going.

Ryo Ikari
09-20-2004, 04:11 PM
yeah. ^_^ it is. i can't wait. i want to see all the cosplayers and the Keiichi.net EX^2 people too.

HackerEd
09-22-2004, 09:34 PM
that suck u can't go on friday. but like HackerEd said at least ur going. ^_^

HackerEd: did u go to A-kon15?

I wanted to go, but I couldn't. My mom works in Dallas on weekdays and she took me up with her the week AFTER A-kon. I was so looking forward to it too.

Tenya Muyo
09-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Awwww, how sad about Friday! I have to leave early (saturday night) to get back by sunday morning. But i will definetly make the most of it, and will be planning for next year!! ^_^

Omni
09-23-2004, 07:22 AM
Oni-con is only a month away and I just got to realizing that I still do not have any tickets in hand. I bought them online from the website and have the paypal receipt for them but I was wondering if they were supposed to be mailed to me or do is there just some registration list at the entrance? Unforuntately there is no way I will be done with my costume on time, have just been to busy lately. I do have a hotel reservation but since I'm not going to be in costume and live in the area I will probably be giving that up. If I had a roommate or two maybe I would stay but $160 for just me is a bit much.

Scortia
09-23-2004, 10:02 AM
Omni... I have no proof-of-purchase either... I think it's like Ushicon where you just register by giving them your name and they look up who has paid.

ZakuKitty
09-23-2004, 11:19 AM
Like every other con I have been to, all you have to do is know your name and/or your badge name. I have never had to have a proof-of-purchase. Hopefully they do not have one here...though I could always print that thing they sent me in email.

DjPhReAksTyLe
09-23-2004, 09:11 PM
due to recent events im not doing much anything cosplay related...

i am there to work.
period.

sorry guys.

Omni
09-24-2004, 06:55 AM
Thanks for the info. This will be my first con to go to period so I just wasnt certain. Didnt want to wait to long and then have something screwed up happen.

Cherry
09-24-2004, 01:00 PM
due to recent events im not doing much anything cosplay related...

i am there to work.
period.

sorry guys.

You better do Draco. :(

the only vash
09-24-2004, 03:59 PM
hey cherry do you know if we are suppose to receive our badges in the mail? or are we suppose to get them at the hotel on opening day? i was just wondering to see if you know amything about it.

loserific
09-24-2004, 07:25 PM
*dances* My mom finally wrote the check for me to send off for preregistration. So now I am definitely going,no matter what. Mwhahahahahah! Oh,sorry,got a little carried away there. XDD

Knightfall
09-24-2004, 09:16 PM
*sigh* After a month of careful deliberation and reworking schedules... you got me. I'll be there.

HackerEd
09-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Oni-Con will be very busy for a first time convention^^ That makes me happy. I am *still* working on cosplay stuff.... I feel like I'll never be finished. :thumbsup:

satsuki_otohime
09-25-2004, 07:19 PM
i'm going to Oni-con! :jjacks: i'm really excited because this is my first con. i bought a pink kimono to wear. i think i'm going to get a black wig and a necklace with a small jar with some shards and go as Kagome from InuYasha. i love that show! hope to see you guys there! :thumbsup:

RuthlessJS
09-26-2004, 07:42 AM
I'm going to try and make it to Oni-con. I guess I need to start working on a new costume... :)

Cherry
09-27-2004, 03:39 PM
Oh my goodness. We're up to 85 cosplayers. xD

jinnai
09-28-2004, 03:17 AM
oooooooooo

hanyou741
09-28-2004, 09:32 PM
i'm still working on my duo cosplay... it's driving me crazy!! then I still have to find extensions for my hair, but i WILL be there! Seya soon!!

AoKoneko
09-29-2004, 06:03 AM
Oni-topic
Hay every1 theres a vote survey on the Oni-con.com site for Teaworks drinks. ^^ If youv tasted Lychee and loved it to death as much as I have they have that on the vote poll. ummm lychee soda is sooooooo good 2 *dies*

~AK~

jinnai
09-29-2004, 12:31 PM
ill be sure to spend a few bucks at teaworks! i love drinks!

hanyou741
09-29-2004, 07:35 PM
i've never tried that, I guess i'll try to try either now or at oni-con!! thanx for the update!

AoKoneko
09-29-2004, 08:20 PM
i've never tried that, I guess i'll try to try either now or at oni-con!! thanx for the update!

oua its sooo good ^^ Even if they don't have ot at oni I'll bring some for a few people just in-case. (it's worth it.)
See you at the H-day cosplay gathering
~AK~
Oni-con Cosplay list-
LeeLoo from the Fifth Element
Halliucination Sara from the movie The Labyrinth
Halliucincation Jarth from the movie The Labyrinth
Mokorin from Please Save my Earth
Sally from NBC
Sailor Star Fighter from Sailor Stars

the only vash
10-01-2004, 02:25 PM
woohoo. Only 21 more days till it finally begins. My brother and I are so stoked about it. The only part that sucks is that we have to wait for him to get out of school.

alechan
10-01-2004, 03:37 PM

I am, going to cosplay Motoko!!!! I want a pic with you!

O and I want to se cherry´s new cosplay!!!

Malicious
10-01-2004, 07:06 PM
already october O_O wow!!!!! can't wait!!! >.< time flys by fast! need to finish costumes!!

ZakuKitty
10-01-2004, 07:20 PM
*prays that she gets wig in time* >_<

Made a dumb mistake on the address of my wig and supposedly it was corrected but one never knows.... :waaaah:

Knightfall
10-01-2004, 07:36 PM
I am, going to cosplay Motoko!!!! I want a pic with you!

O and I want to se cherry´s new cosplay!!!

Ditto on that :bigtu:

jinnai
10-02-2004, 04:37 AM
I still have the email when oni-con asked me to attend this con. the email is like 2 years old hehe....time flies.

Ryo Ikari
10-03-2004, 12:26 AM
alechan did u go to A-kon 15?

the only vash
10-04-2004, 10:36 AM
Well I have gone through my schedule, and it's starting to look bad for me. Actually I wouldn't say bad, but for me, yes. I was hoping that this would be my first anime convention and to cosplay also, but I am so busy up to the 21st that it doesn't look like I will have the time to get my costume together. I will still be attending all 3 days, I just wont be cosplaying :'(. But I would like to see all you guys there. Well ttfn.

the only vash
10-09-2004, 01:48 PM
woo hoo. only two more weeks till it's finally time. i can hardly wait.i hope that ou all like houston ;). ttfn

KawaiiEdea
10-10-2004, 09:36 PM
I've been wanting to go to this con since I heard about it near the end of last year..but sadly I won't be able to make it because of family and that stuff ...(currently in the great state of north carolina :P ) I WILL be going to kamikaze con though! I must I must I must! ^_^ I hope houston's first con turns out to be a blast!

jinnai
10-12-2004, 12:27 AM
If you love japanese music....please attend friday night! All in one place...the Main Programming Room!

concert

Camino: 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Duel Jewel: 9:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.

Dance:

Lord Katsuhiko Jinnai (Me): 11:00 p.m. - 2:00 a.m.

the only vash
10-12-2004, 12:39 AM
i finally received my confirmation emails in today. so i am now definetly going now. i got two costumes planned for the con, now all i have to do is get out there and get the supplies. lol. woo hoo only 10 more days.

loserific
10-12-2004, 05:30 AM
What? So this means that the dance is going to be Friday night? I thought it was going to be Saturday. I wanted to go so bad too. ;_;

jinnai
10-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Ah...we MIGHT have some sort of dance, if not social going on Saturday night.

From what I heard, the equipment used for the concert and dance on friday will only be there for friday.

Wonder how we are going to fill that empty space after the cosplay show on Saturday night...since Saturdays at anime cons have the HIGHEST attendence rate.

I got this news yesterday. Shocking, I know.

kyandi-chan
10-12-2004, 11:23 AM
are you actually going to mix...like with records? or you just gonna turn on your mix you've already made with your ipod? are they paying you???

the only vash
10-13-2004, 03:44 AM
i'll be looking foward to the dance and the concerts by Camino and Duel Jewel

jinnai
10-13-2004, 04:58 AM
are you actually going to mix...like with records?

75% CD 25% Vinyl (A vinyl recorder costs $10,000.) Doesn't matter what format it is.

or you just gonna turn on your mix you've already made with your ipod??

For starters and n00bz, I'm NOT a Club DJ, High School Dance DJ or 15 year old Birthday Party DJ. I'm an ANIME CON DJ. (different crowd, way different music.)

No iPod at this party. (I dont even need or want one, actually) I use tools, not toys. This will be LIVE...heck I'll mess up 1 or 2 times to prove it...just for you. *wink wink* :skidude2:

are they paying you???

I am MORE THAN HAPPY that they are paying attention to my requests and concerns. Great staff at Oni-Con! :hugs Mallets: :love:

kyandi-chan
10-13-2004, 11:38 AM
ahhh jinnai. ssooooooo make this dance good! i know you can do it! you should do some scratching and stuff...my friend is gonna break dance ^^ have a dance contest! it worked so well at a-kon!

jinnai
10-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Course ill skratch...:pulls out his videogame battle tools record:
I watch a lot of skratch videos.

Dance contest? hmm...never done something like that before...

kyandi-chan
10-14-2004, 02:12 PM
Course ill skratch...:pulls out his videogame battle tools record:
I watch a lot of skratch videos.

Dance contest? hmm...never done something like that before...

i know for a fact that dance contests can keep the convention moving, even after the late hours of a con. people may be even in costume still! you could have your own lil mini contest and just get the people to have fun! sometimes cosplaying all day and watching anime takes a lot out of someone. ^^ cheer em up! bring on the fun!

Cherry
10-14-2004, 05:39 PM
Oni-Con got radio plugs on 94.5 the buzz. :x OMG ITS SO CUTE.

Registration is seriously getting ridiculously big. @_@;;;; ::Scared::

kyandi-chan
10-14-2004, 06:33 PM

oh man i know! i wanna hear it. my friends said something about it and i was like "OMG I MUST WORK ON MY COSTUMES MORE!" im excited too!

the only vash
10-14-2004, 09:02 PM
too bad for me that i dont listen to 94.5, but i might just start to, to hear the plug. who knows. i'll try listening in and tell you guys if i hear it.

ZakuKitty
10-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Oh the crowds! :waaaah: :woah: :schitzo:

the only vash
10-15-2004, 12:49 AM
only one more week. woo hoo

kyandi-chan
10-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Just a note-
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=45438

^^ please contact me if youd like to be apart of our gathering ^^. (I need to take a head count for the gardens. )

Please take care ^^
I hope you all have a wonderful day and week
Happy csoplay ^.~
Be wild Be free

~AK~

this really doesnt belong in here. plug somewhere else *grrr*

AkitoSohma
10-16-2004, 09:15 PM
this really doesnt belong in here. plug somewhere else *grrr*

I know! Have some respect, eh? This is for Oni-Con discussions!

Mr. Corus
10-17-2004, 03:46 AM

Ack! Candice, you listen to the Buzz? *tear* If I lived a few more miles closer to town, my ears would be glued to Rice Radio. (Back to topic) Yeah. I'm still trying to get my Bearkatone card to go through on the website, but I guess if my pre-reg doesn't work...I'll have to bite my lip and wait in line...

HackerEd
10-17-2004, 05:59 PM
I am pre-registered^^ Thanx to the director for finding my confirmation number as well as my 2 friends'. I am still scrambling to finish my cosplay tho...Nyaa is finished but a lot left to go on Sasha.

Cherry
10-19-2004, 05:47 PM
I think the hotel is officially sold out. Not sure. It may have just a few left.

the only vash
10-19-2004, 09:31 PM
ok the con is three days away, and i still haven't figured out to get to the hotel. i dont know if this is either funny or sad. seeing as it is in my own hometown. hopefully i will find out by thursday so i can do the whoole early registration. i really dont wanna have to wait in line on friday to finally experience the con. i have to wait for my little brother to get out at 3:45 to be able to bring him back home and take him with me to the con.

jinnai
10-20-2004, 01:15 AM
Working on the FINAL REMIX before I leave for Houston!

20 new unplayed remixes just for this con ALONE!

Cherry
10-20-2004, 01:32 PM
ok the con is three days away, and i still haven't figured out to get to the hotel. i dont know if this is either funny or sad. seeing as it is in my own hometown. hopefully i will find out by thursday so i can do the whoole early registration. i really dont wanna have to wait in line on friday to finally experience the con. i have to wait for my little brother to get out at 3:45 to be able to bring him back home and take him with me to the con.

You just go down Beltway 8, as if going toward the air port, and take the JFK Blvrd. exit. It's on the right hand side, about four hotels down. It's pretty easy to find. <3. If not, try mapquest!!!

the only vash
10-21-2004, 12:30 AM
ok thank you

hanyou741
10-21-2004, 05:57 PM
It's Tomrrow! YAY!!!!

the only vash
10-21-2004, 11:06 PM
a few more hours left by my count!

the only vash
10-22-2004, 08:37 AM
oh man. the opening ceremonies are about to begin and i still have to wait for my brother to get out at 3:10 from school. then we still gotta wait for my dad to get out of work to watch my other little brothers. i hope that i don't get there too late. and also hope to see you all there.

the only vash
10-23-2004, 01:54 AM
my first anime convention ever and it was great. i think i saw a few people from this website there. i think i saw cherry flirting with Scott Neil. lol. jk. i got to see Camino and Duel Jewel perform and it was awesome. DJ Jinnai those were some of the best mixes that i have heard. it's too bad i couldn't stay for the whole thing, but im sure you were great. if ya'll want to see me ill be in a trench coat and my name will be Mister E.

S3FilmsR3x
10-23-2004, 09:45 PM
OMG Saturday was crazy. I was cosplaying Randomly Generated Background Character #6. There were 6 of us there (#s 2, 3, 6, 007, 009 1/2, and our teacher, who wasn't holding a sign or anything), and we were all holding signs that said "Randomly Generated Background Character #x", and from what I hear a few of our guys made it into some cosplay photos. Next year a few people I know are going to do Evangelion cosplay... we're also going to be at A-Kon in June. The screening rooms were fun too... I was the guy screaming "FANSERVICE!!!!" during risque scenes in DNAngel (I'm sure I got on everyone's nerves, but our group of people were trying to lighten up the atmosphere in the room).

HackerEd
10-24-2004, 06:22 PM
S3FilmsR3x, my friends said that they wanted to kill you because of the DNAngel thing, which is kinda weird coming from twins dressed as Misha and Shia^^. Apparently someone started yelling pervert after a while as well.

Tentacle_Guy
10-24-2004, 06:39 PM
I was the guy screaming "FANSERVICE!!!!" during risque scenes in DNAngel

Yea, you should save that stuff for Otaku Hell or Hentai Fest.. so were you at Otaku Hell or Hentai Fest? Cause I didn't hear a single call of "Fanservice!", and we could have used it ;)

S3FilmsR3x
10-24-2004, 07:12 PM
I didn't get to make it Otaku Hell or Hentai Land, but I really wanted to go. The group I was with left at 4, and we're all under 18 (I have like 2 more years to go, arrgh), but I would've loved to be there. They need to have a screening room where we can mock the anime being shown... I really didn't meet anyone else at the con who took Princess TuTu and Sister Princess seriously, but I did really like DNAngel, even with my "fanservice" cries and the person sitting next to me telling me what happens (she read the manga or something...). Did anyone else see the anti-male AMV with the Static-X music, btw? It was awesome.

Mr. Corus
10-24-2004, 08:29 PM
Excellent for a first year con. I just wish I didn't have an eye infection the whole time, so I had to wear sunglasses. *sigh* It really didn't fit my cosplay. Oh well.

Enigmagir
10-24-2004, 10:14 PM
OMG Saturday was crazy. I was cosplaying Randomly Generated Background Character #6. There were 6 of us there (#s 2, 3, 6, 007, 009 1/2, and our teacher, who wasn't holding a sign or anything), and we were all holding signs that said "Randomly Generated Background Character #x", and from what I hear a few of our guys made it into some cosplay photos. Next year a few people I know are going to do Evangelion cosplay... we're also going to be at A-Kon in June. The screening rooms were fun too... I was the guy screaming "FANSERVICE!!!!" during risque scenes in DNAngel (I'm sure I got on everyone's nerves, but our group of people were trying to lighten up the atmosphere in the room).

I know that i had let some guy..i think it was 6...in our picture. My cousin and i were the two chii's. (i was in the crown dress) It was in the dealers room, and my cousin and i leaned away from eachother so you could see him. (he had spiked black hair if that helps.)

kyandi-chan
10-25-2004, 12:00 AM
I know that i had let some guy..i think it was 6...in our picture. My cousin and i were the two chii's. (i was in the crown dress) It was in the dealers room, and my cousin and i leaned away from eachother so you could see him. (he had spiked black hair if that helps.)

you guys were awesome as chii! ryo-sama and I loved your crown dress and the other chii as well! they came out so nicely and you are very pretty as chii. i was dressed as xianghua from soul calibur II. (blue and white and purple outfit)

BlaznRoarn
10-25-2004, 12:16 AM
Good con, reminded me of Ushi-con's first year (alot bigger hotel this time though). I would assume a different hotel next year. But over-all good time of year to have a con :)

Mr. Corus
10-25-2004, 01:56 AM
Good con, reminded me of Ushi-con's first year (alot bigger hotel this time though). I would assume a different hotel next year. But over-all good time of year to have a con :)
The drinking part was fun...

hanyou741
10-25-2004, 06:54 AM
ONI-CON ROCKED!! I had a great time, I think I might be going to A-kon if my mom will let me, i'm going to be Duo Maxwell atleast once there. I saw some of yall there, I was the Duo with the scythe and I was with a Sesshomaru.

Sephiroth-chan
10-25-2004, 07:53 AM
A FANTASTIC job on the Con! i have to say...I had the MOST fun there EVER. There were a bunch of rocky spots for the people running it...but it went amaizingly well for a first time con. it only means you have a few things to learn from to make next year ten times better!!!

*huggles and snuggles Cherry, Gren, Jase, and ALL those wonderful people on the staff....Especially YOU Mr. Door security man! (yes, you with that nifty camera) You're the only one who asked me for my badge!!! I had fun talking with you...especially in front of the...er...dance....thing. *takes off Red Mage-esque hat with feather and bows*

The only thing I have any complaints on....and it had NOTHING to do with the people who worked the con...were the mind bogglingly large hoard of fangirls. *hears 'Sephiroth' and cringes...nursing aspirin* It's the first time a comfortable costume EVER left me sore and bruised.

the only vash
10-25-2004, 11:48 AM
Altough it was my first con, it was *bleep* awesome. I would like to thank everyone on the staff for doing their jobs and doing the best they can. I hope that it will be bigger and better next year.

kyandi-chan
10-25-2004, 01:01 PM
oni-con was an overload of fun and i just felt that it was AMAZING for a first year con...but i was so confused about events that were scheduled, but there was always something for me to do, so i just kept searching and playing games. and AWESOME beatmania IIDX machine ...i just didnt play it *sigh* 50 cent DDR WOOT!

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 01:53 PM
For those of you who happened to have seen me running around Oni-Con, you should automatically be able to link this user name to who I was.

I just happened to be sitting in class scanning the web for Oni-Con picture (having heard from several friends that many people spoke of me durring the two days I was there) when I saw this and just had to be a part of it.

Well I'm going to go help my teacher educate her German class.

Oh if you ever want to know my actual name, let me know.

firewingpegasus
10-25-2004, 01:53 PM
I thought the whole thing was awesome... I didn't go dressed up because I couldn't get my costume and not let my mom know at the same time, and my 17 costume wasn't really finished (i was missing the socks) so i just went... it was the greatest time I ever had, though. I just regret the fact that I didn't really meet anyone. I'll definitely go next year though, and this time i'll make sure I'm dressed as Saturn :) yay! Best weekend ever.

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 01:58 PM
I thought the whole thing was awesome

Did you hug the monster, or did you manage to avoid me this weekend?

JKCChan
10-25-2004, 02:15 PM
I at first had my doubts about this con before I went considering that it was its first year and having seen another first year con. But this one was definitely one of the most fun cons I have been to since I first started going to cons. The turnout of people was awesome and it was really fun meeting tons of people. I feel kinda bad being the only Ragnarok Online cosplayer (at least that I saw, curse you Gravity! Advertise More! ToT), but maybe I'll get to see some more next year! This con is definitely gonna replace my going to Anime Fest... so much closer...so much bigger...and so much more fun! Gren and Cherry (Negi-Ramen!) were awesome at the cosplay contest, even with the non-functional Santa and two hour delay. I am definitely telling all my friends to come to Oni-con next year maybe I'll refine my RO costume...High Priest anyone? ^_^

Scortia
10-25-2004, 02:27 PM
Hug_the_Monster... omg you were one of the highlights of my con... I heard you got well over 1,000 hugs.... what's the grand total? I think I gave you at least 8. ^^;;; The hug you gave my Squall friend was hilarious... definitely glad I filmed it.

Oni-con tied Ushi-con for my best con experience thus far. I was a bit sad that Yaoi and karaoke were cancelled, but other than that I don't go to panels so I can't really comment on those. The komik market was well run and I'm glad that if someone stole my table that I was assured they'd get their butt kicked out of it by staff. I can understand the delay for cosplayers and it was fine because we had fun sitting out there anyway. Everyone was nice, including very friendly security. And for those of you who photographed, hugged, or talked to me as Lida, Kumagoro Ryuichi, or Baby Lon - I thank you. ^_^

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 03:35 PM
Well let's see... from the count I got, excluding Sunday because I fell asleep in the lobby and forgot my count on that day, it totaled somewhere around 1450. Shame on those who did NOT hug me. I'll get you in June of '05. Yes, I will be there, in the same costume and all.

Wait, the one when I tried to pick him up but he was too tall for me?

Mr. Corus
10-25-2004, 03:37 PM
Did you hug the monster, or did you manage to avoid me this weekend?
I hugged you and I was like "OMG!!11 RANDOM ENCOUNTER!!11"

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 03:44 PM
I hugged you and I was like "OMG!!11 RANDOM ENCOUNTER!!11"

Please... let me know who you are if you hugged me and feel like commenting about it. Remember: I hugged just about everybody at the con, I only remember specific people.

Scortia
10-25-2004, 03:45 PM
Well let's see... from the count I got, excluding Sunday because I fell asleep in the lobby and forgot my count on that day, it totaled somewhere around 1450. Shame on those who did NOT hug me. I'll get you in June of '05. Yes, I will be there, in the same costume and all.

Wait, the one when I tried to pick him up but he was too tall for me?

It's a shame people wouldn't hug you... usually hug signs can be annoying but you were good about it. ;p Yep he was the tall Squall. He said he just picked you up instead. lol

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 04:02 PM
Yea... I feel bad about one thing though. Most of the glomps I recieved, were by men.

My favorite one, was GIR.... that was interesting to say the least.

Mr. Corus
10-25-2004, 04:10 PM
Please... let me know who you are if you hugged me and feel like commenting about it. Remember: I hugged just about everybody at the con, I only remember specific people.
I was the Lloyd. (i.e. the guy in red w/ suspenders and TWO BIG SWORDS)

devlinne
10-25-2004, 04:44 PM
Whoo Oni-con was so fun! I had a wonderful time despite losing my phone and camera. But they were found again :3 Haha Monster, I must have hugged you a bajillion times. I was cosplaying Haku when I hugged you (a blue silk kimono and stipey pants if that helps xD)

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 04:48 PM
I was cosplaying Haku when I hugged you (a blue silk kimono and stipey pants if that helps xD)

Not in the least, but I love you anyways. xD

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Oh and I remember you now, Loyd... Ha ha... loved the intro at the cosplay

devlinne
10-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Not in the least, but I love you anyways. xD

Haha oh well :9 If you saw a pic or something you'd probably remember because I hugged you so much

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 05:19 PM
Yea... probally... Did any of you happen to catch me sleeping?

hanyou741
10-25-2004, 05:21 PM
I think I hugged you.... YEA!!! I did, I was the Duo with the scythe, hope that helps , I was the only duo with a scythe.

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 05:25 PM
YEA!!! I did, I was the Duo with the scythe, hope that helps , I was the only duo with a scythe.

Yes... you I remember...
Certain people I'm able to remember for some reason.

loserific
10-25-2004, 05:32 PM
I hugged you! I remember because my sister and I were in the dealer's room and you came up and pointed to your sign. So,my sister went ahead and then I did. I loved that. ^^

Ryo Ikari
10-25-2004, 05:45 PM
it totaled somewhere around 1450.

wow thats a lot of hugs. and i remeber hugging u too. i was Yuki the only one. YAY go me ^_^

kyandi-chan
10-25-2004, 05:49 PM
yeaaah karaoke and yaoi were finished and i was REALLY looking forward to both events. me and megumibish looked around for a while and were just dissapointed with that aspect. how can you not have YAOI or KARAOKE at a con *whimpers* thank god for the febreeze ninja saving people from fanboy funk though. ^^

Kirby-o
10-25-2004, 06:01 PM
I was the Reno that hugged you. I had a silver stick and all. I hugged you again about six more times. On Sunday I had the Reno sunglasses on my head and was staring down at the Cuddle orgy. You should remember me at least. You even came up the elevator to hug me.

Jennacide
10-25-2004, 07:17 PM
*de-lurk*

I was running around as Death from the Sandman, myself. I was worried about the white makeup getting on the black robe at first, but I believe I hugged you eventually.

I saw 2 different hug-monsters running around though... unless it was the same, with two different masks?

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 07:49 PM
I was the Reno that hugged you. I had a silver stick and all. I hugged you again about six more times. On Sunday I had the Reno sunglasses on my head and was staring down at the Cuddle orgy. You should remember me at least. You even came up the elevator to hug me.

Yes I did. You're special. However, Cherry is the most special she got to kick me off the stage.. >_>

I saw 2 different hug-monsters running around though... unless it was the same, with two different masks?

If you saw one with the Hug the Monster sign on Sunday, it was my friend he stole my sign while I was sleeping in the lobby. His mask didn't have the black hood like mine did... nor did it have the bone teeth, I was just plain better. :D

the only vash
10-25-2004, 07:55 PM
Hug the monster and Devlinne, i think you guys may be in luck. i took a couple of pics of a few haku's and i will post all the copsplayer pics i took. but if im correct than i sure i got you in a pic. we will see later. i will post a link to my gallery later.

the only vash
10-25-2004, 07:57 PM
oh yeah, i saw Cherry kick you off stage monster, i was sad that she did that. at the very least she could have sent you off with a hug.

ZakuKitty
10-25-2004, 07:58 PM
Devlinne, sup? o_O

I don't know if anybody from here besides Devlinne met me or not or if I spoke to any of you all but I was the Gara j-rocker with the weird white and black contacts and the blond hair hanging in front of my eyes. I had on a suit with chains hanging from it and all. I also cosplayed as the 2nd Hokage Nidaime from Naruto (avatar) and Zaku from Naruto. I probably met some of you in the gameroom playing Naruto. >_O

Great con! ^___^ Can't wait until next year!

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 08:00 PM
She gave me a hug later though so it's ok. After she pointed out the button that stated how much my costume blew... -.-

Knightfall
10-25-2004, 08:50 PM
To all those involved with the con, I give thee much propage. This convention was a very enjoyable eperience all round. Setbacks aside, I had a great time. I am very glad that I finally decided to go, for had I not, I would not be the proud recipiant of Greg Ayres' judges award. And I'm glad that I finally got to meet a lot of you in person(Cherry, i'm looking in your general direction). I will now have to go out and purchase a set of Apples to Apples for my own ammusement. Great job everyone, and I hope to see you all next con.

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 09:16 PM
I am very glad that I finally decided to go, for had I not, I would not be the proud recipiant of Greg Ayres' judges award

Wait.... who were you, I might have hugged you as well.

Knightfall
10-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Yes, you did. I was Alucard from Hellsing.

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 09:55 PM
There was more than one Alucard from Hellsing. Who were you with, like which character?

Knightfall
10-25-2004, 10:14 PM
I was the one you probably hugged after the cosplay contest.

devlinne
10-25-2004, 10:24 PM
Hug the monster and Devlinne, i think you guys may be in luck. i took a couple of pics of a few haku's and i will post all the copsplayer pics i took. but if im correct than i sure i got you in a pic. we will see later. i will post a link to my gallery later.

Yay! Thanks :3

Devlinne, sup? o_O

HI 8D! I hope people post the photos of our crazy Naruto group :9 Hmm I don't think I managed to get a pic of you as Nidaime ; ; My camera was running around. But at least I got to see it <3

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 10:35 PM
I was the one you probably hugged after the cosplay contest.

The shorter one?

Uchiha Hiro
10-25-2004, 10:41 PM
If anyone picked up any pictures of the Asuma wandering around aimlessly, I'd like links. That was me. :bigtu:

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 10:48 PM
What's really bad is it turned out that I had a camera in the pocket of the jacket I wore as part of my costume.. IT WENT TO WASTE NOT ONE EXPOSURE USED!!

devlinne
10-25-2004, 10:50 PM
Hey Hiro! I'm sad you couldn't come on Saturday ; ;

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 11:18 PM
Yea, that angers me, unless you hugged me at the con, then you're excused.

HEE HEE I got to the 16th page before any of you.

Technoir
10-25-2004, 11:28 PM
Hello everyone. X3 Glad to see everyone had as much fun at Oni-Con as I did. I was dressed as Nightcrawler for about 80% of the con, I'm sure most of you saw me. (I was bright blue, after all. T_T) Overall, I think this was OUTSTANDING for a first year con. I think everyone should really be thanking the staff for their hard work, as I'm sure most of them were screaming and pulling out much hair over the weekend.

S3FilmsR3x - I like Princess Tutu... e.e;

JKCChan - The Ragnarok Online guy! You were the priest, correct? I was hoping for more RO cosplayers. You better be at A-kon, cause I am definitely doing an RO cosplay now, thanks to you.

Scortia - Oo, the bunny Ryu! X3 I have the photo of you with Shuichi and I, if you'd like it. I'll have it uploaded soon~

Hug_The_Monster - I'm sure I hugged you a few times. :< Poor random encounters, they don't get enough love. I was standing around when you managed to con Scott McNeil into a hug and he instantly took on the Dr. Evil voice and said, "Aw, come here Mini Me. Give us a hug." XDDD; Too bad I didn't get it on video.

Jennacide - Your Death costume was outstanding. Never seen any Sandman cosplayers before! I can't compliment you and Delirium enough for that. *love*

ZakuKitty - I definitely saw you in your Hokage costume, but as I was on the 2nd floor balcony, I couldn't get a good picture and didn't see you again. T_T It was amazing though, I can't wait to see if anyone else got photos of ya.

Okay, sorry for the loooong post. It was a fun weekend, everyone. :heart:

Hug_the_Monster
10-25-2004, 11:32 PM
Hug_The_Monster - I'm sure I hugged you a few times. :< Poor random encounters, they don't get enough love. I was standing around when you managed to con Scott McNeil into a hug and he instantly took on the Dr. Evil voice and said, "Aw, come here Mini Me. Give us a hug." XDDD; Too bad I didn't get it on video.

Nope, I did not con Scott into the hug. I got a hug from him at the cosplay awards section, and suggested he give me another one the next day. I didn't con anyone.... so to speak.

Mr. Corus
10-26-2004, 12:02 AM
To all those involved with the con, I give thee much propage. This convention was a very enjoyable eperience all round. Setbacks aside, I had a great time. I am very glad that I finally decided to go, for had I not, I would not be the proud recipiant of Greg Ayres' judges award. And I'm glad that I finally got to meet a lot of you in person(Cherry, i'm looking in your general direction). I will now have to go out and purchase a set of Apples to Apples for my own ammusement. Great job everyone, and I hope to see you all next con.
That Apples to Apples game was crazy. It didn't really help that I was drunk, though. :drink:

Uzumaki-sama
10-26-2004, 12:19 AM
I had a great time at Oni-Con. Despite it being my fourth con, it was the first one where I had a semi-decent costume, so I was very excited about getting my picture taken left and right.

I was the Red Nocturne heartless from Kingdom Hearts aka the short girl wearing the funky red dress and yellow wizard hat.

I'll probably be wearing the same costume for Ushicon, but I'm going to improve upon it because there were a lot of problems with it.

Anyway, I was pretty impressed with the con overall considering it was its first year. It was one of my friend's first con, and she had a lot of fun stalking Duel Jewel while I wandered around aimlessly.

Oh yes, and I did hug you, Hug the Monster. A few times.

I saw some great costumes, but I didn't get into the Cosplay events. I was lazy. Maybe at Ushicon.

Uchiha Hiro
10-26-2004, 12:44 AM
Hey Hiro! I'm sad you couldn't come on Saturday ; ;

Hey Jen. Yeah, I know. I drove around Dallas while you had fun. :( But, I'm glad you got your phone back. :D

megumibish
10-26-2004, 02:26 AM
Lol, I didn't hug you but then again what I was wearing was breakable. Haha or could have punctured you. It was fun chatting with you Corus! You were so freakin' tall. I think the con was great for my first. I just felt I intimidated a few people though. Wonders if it's in my head.

the only vash
10-26-2004, 05:56 AM
ok guys i got some pics up now of myself and cosplayers. i will put up some DJ and Camino pics up later. check out the pics and let me know what you guys think. http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=22207

Hug_the_Monster
10-26-2004, 08:39 AM
He he... gladyou all hadfun, rght now I'm supposed ot be drafting something in class....... too lazy though.

Kakujjitsu Yuub
10-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Hey there. I was the one dressed as Itski from Rah-Xephon I gave you a hug as well after Ranma did. Ye we're guys but you pointed to the sign and you HAVE to do what signs say ya know. lol

ZakuKitty
10-26-2004, 11:58 AM
ZakuKitty - I definitely saw you in your Hokage costume, but as I was on the 2nd floor balcony, I couldn't get a good picture and didn't see you again. T_T It was amazing though, I can't wait to see if anyone else got photos of ya.

Okay, sorry for the loooong post. It was a fun weekend, everyone. :heart:

I saw you in the Nightcrawler costume. very nice. <3

If anything else, my friend got a full body shot of my Hokage costume before we went downstairs on Saturday so I have it. It's just not on a website yet. I think that she may have gotten a picture of you as well. ^^

Knightfall
10-26-2004, 12:36 PM
The shorter one?

Yes... the shorter one....

Jennacide
10-26-2004, 01:34 PM
Jennacide - Your Death costume was outstanding. Never seen any Sandman cosplayers before! I can't compliment you and Delirium enough for that. *love*

Aw, heeh. Thank you! :sunny: This was my first convention, (Unless you count Candy Hearts Cosplay Picnic <3 )and I'm really glad it turned out all right. Death has always been one of my favorite characters, as has Delirium been for my sister.

The Nightcrawler costume rocked, by the way! I saw it and went "Ooh... I want to be one of the X-men at my next con." (Cherry was right to tell me they're addicting.)

Sano
10-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Oni-Con was a blast. I was the only Sasuke from Naruto there and I got to meet a lot of my fans! But I got to say this HENTAI FEST SUCKED!

Hug_the_Monster
10-26-2004, 01:52 PM
Yes... the shorter one....

Awww... it's ok, you were the best of the two, I could actually hug you, not your waist. =\

Sano
10-26-2004, 01:55 PM
So who thought I was a good Sasuke from naruto? LOL I HAD FUN!

Sano
10-26-2004, 01:57 PM
I got to meet a lot of interesting people. And Also to all the Naruto cosplayers YOU ALL LOOKED GREAT!

Hug_the_Monster
10-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Ummm I've never even seen Naruto except once, so I don't really know who is who. =P

Sano
10-26-2004, 02:06 PM
I got to hug the monster he was cool!

Hug_the_Monster
10-26-2004, 02:07 PM
I got to hug the monster he was cool!

I know someone who would disagree about me being 'cool'.

Scortia
10-26-2004, 02:33 PM
S3FilmsR3x - I like Princess Tutu... e.e;

Scortia - Oo, the bunny Ryu! X3 I have the photo of you with Shuichi and I, if you'd like it. I'll have it uploaded soon~

Yaaaaaaay! ^_^ That was fun... I was shocked by the lack of Gravitation cosplays.... your costume was a perfect casual Ryuichi!

Oh and if you like Tutu and are going to Ushicon... me and my friends will have a Tutu cosplay group that has about 5-8 characters being cosplayed. whoot, and I'm da prince. ;p

Hug_the_Monster
10-26-2004, 02:56 PM
I haven't decided on any other cons except for A-Kon and Kami.... other than that, i"m open to suggestions, so yea'.

the only vash
10-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Devlinne, i wanted to know if any of the Haku pics i took were of you. Because I am not so sure. let me know. And don't forget to tell Hug The Monster. the pics are ready. go ahead and check them out.

MarzGurl
10-26-2004, 03:43 PM
My gallery is up, and it may continue to grow. This is just a placeholder until my footage is done being compiled.
http://images.cosplay.com/searchgallery.php?si=&what=allfields&name=MarzGurl&when=&whenterm=
So, yeah, this was my favorite convention thus far. You guys will absolutely LOVE the video I come up with out of this! I have so much good material to use!

ZakuKitty
10-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Devlinne, i wanted to know if any of the Haku pics i took were of you. Because I am not so sure. let me know. And don't forget to tell Hug The Monster. the pics are ready. go ahead and check them out.

Hey I'm the sound ninja you couldn't remember the name of standing next to Gaara. His name is Zaku by the way. ;)