PDA

View Full Version : anime overdose 2005!!

starbear
07-30-2004, 11:04 PM
anyone hear of this yet??it going to b in san francisco in march.im not sure of the location yet..but here's the site!click here (http://www.animeod.com/2005/news.mv?f=1) i want to go!i heard it was rely fun last year..i think it was in santa clara.who else thinks they might go??

jtnishi
08-01-2004, 06:52 PM
Last year was a blast. Small con, outrageously good guests. I've heard that the chair is planning another big blast this year, so it ought to be good. Hope I'm still in the area to attend myself.

windfae
08-01-2004, 07:29 PM
This is the first I've heard about it, but since I live so close I'll probably be able to make it next year.

Hitori
08-02-2004, 12:01 AM
Last years was a blast, I definately plan on attending this year as well^_^

Hanyaan
08-02-2004, 11:19 AM
How could I miss the return of the con that brought me the signed Loki staff? ^_^

I loved Anime OD. I must go next year.

Matsuki
08-02-2004, 11:29 PM
hehe, me too then! as long as its in sf or around it! ^^

SelphieTilmitt
08-02-2004, 11:41 PM
I had a lot of fun at AOD last year. I'll definetly be heading to it in '05 if possible as well. ^^ Can't wait to hear more 'bout it. ^^

DragonKeeper
08-03-2004, 01:56 AM
I might be able to go though thats getting in the spring breakish time cuz I might bevisiting my mom in texas but it sounds like fun and once again its in San Francisco so I can definatley make it transport wise. My money might be spent from this JTAF but by March of next year i might have some money left if I don't spend it on Xbox games. :bigtu:

Aya Mizu
08-03-2004, 02:03 AM
I was in heaven being able to meet one of the seiyuu from Sakura Taisen, so if last year was any indication of what's to come, I'll definitely be there for 2005! :D

starbear
08-05-2004, 01:21 PM
i want to go soo bad!!i think ill ask my parents if i could go about a month after JTAF2.they might think its too soon for another con..so ill wait a while.O_o i might go!!i really want to!!i heard it was rely fun last year!>.< i might b misao from rurouni kenshin.hehe.

Usagi Mylene
08-06-2004, 07:58 PM
I shall be there. They brought one of the most amazing seiyuu from Sakura Taisen/Wars. They will have my support and I will be there!!

XD

jinnai
08-06-2004, 09:33 PM
the staff treated me really well....I was happy to be at AOD 2004!

Nadeshiko
08-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Depending where and when (though I'll be living in the city by then), then most likely I'll be able to make it...

AElfthone
09-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Depending where and when (though I'll be living in the city by then), then most likely I'll be able to make it...

Good news, it's *in* the city next year! :thumbsup:

I'm definately going to cosplay, but since it's all animation, I will be doing something from an American cartoon!

Need to decide what though.

Slade from Teen Titans would be cool...
Or Pirates of Darkwater, perhaps?
or mayyybe Pawtucket Pat from Family Guy ...hehhe..

Anyone interested in doing cosplay from an American cartoon??

-R

Shinsengumi
09-15-2004, 02:45 AM
I am going to anime overdose 2005, this year I had fun a little, this time i'm not going to take of my friend cause my friend ruin most of the day over there, so this time I'm going again with out my friend.

Hitori
09-15-2004, 12:43 PM
I'm interested in doing several Teen Titan characters (Jinx, Blackfire, Robin, Aquaboy...), maybe as it gets closer I will.

Fallen_Magician
09-15-2004, 07:13 PM
~stands up~ Well....You know I'm gonna go to this, and you know everyone will be happy to see me, LOL. Now...What to wear.... ~thinks~

Shinsengumi
09-15-2004, 07:20 PM
For next years Anime Overdose, I'll be cosplaying as the Shinsengumi member or Robert from King of Fighters.

LuckInSpades
09-15-2004, 09:04 PM
I will be attending.

Little do you guys realize, but this con is going to be above and beyond. There are going to be so many more details and events and plusses than last year. I talk in close cohorts with the coordinator, and he is thrilled at how AOD 05 is going to be.

I will be the coordinator and "Chairman" of Iron Trashcan Cosplay, which is going to be a very kick-ass event. I know that I look forward to Anime Overdose very much.

SelphieTilmitt
09-16-2004, 01:38 AM
Woohoo, sounds good LuckinSpades. ^^ Sounds like there will be lots of events. I'm very sure I'll be attending, as what? I have no idea but I'm sure I'll be something that I'm currently working on. So probley Talim from Soul Calibur 2 or Gun Mage Rikku.. o__o or maybe even Terra from FFVI if I finish that. We'll see. xD The iron trashcan cosplay sounds interesting. xD I want to know more now. Teehee.

Fallen_Magician
09-16-2004, 04:24 AM
Selphie: Considering your choices for costumes, these are probubly gonna be my costumes: Kilik, Locke, or Laguna(if I can get them done) And...Hmmm....I know I'll be participating in Masq....but I dunno what to do....Hmm.... :untrust:

windfae
09-16-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be going. I'm thinking of dressing up as Celes from FFVI. ^^

Fallen_Magician
09-20-2004, 10:59 PM
My choices have been simmered down to either Kilik or Laguna. or maybe I'll pull out something Special.

Saiyan Princess
09-20-2004, 11:22 PM
I'm so going to go. And looking at the Sakura Wars pics on the website I think me and my best friend are going as Sumire and Sakura.

YuffieK
09-25-2004, 08:24 PM
oooo. me wants to go. i want to plan on going. most likely ^_^. i want to be siren from ff8 ^^.
OMG!!!!! you know that border thingy on the aod site?!?!? Im on it!!!!!! (with my ghetto rikku costume) omg!!! LOL!!1!1one!. anyways....

Eurobeat King
09-25-2004, 09:15 PM
Nice to see that AOD will be at a hotel in 2005, and a nice one at that. :) Funny how when I'm there, I'll think: "This feels sooo much like Yaoi-con 2002!" cos that's where it was held that year.. hehe Nice hotel, but parking is costly.. if you find a spot on the street, get LOTS o' quarters!! ;) But then after 6pm on Saturday, you can stop feeding the meter.. I'll be there fersure, so see you in March 2005!

Matsuki
09-26-2004, 03:30 PM
i have no clue what im gonna wear to it right now, hopefully i figure out something soon tho.. counting on what all of you are gonna be... im probably going to be someone from ff ^^ yea... yep yea... i think..

asw
11-26-2004, 10:33 PM
I may go as well hehe
Never really been to a con (since not many were close to my city) but since this one is near, I'll give it a shot :)

FiFi
11-27-2004, 03:00 AM
yay.......in SF....somewhere I can get access to go to....o>.<O!!!!!!
I have only been to one anime-convention...I will go to that one...[look around]...

just probably don't know anyone......XD

videogamefanboy
11-27-2004, 09:40 PM
This is the first time I have heard of it. I will probably attend because I live close by.

Pikacello
11-28-2004, 03:27 PM
My sis and I are going!!! =)
Probably in something new... but undecided. I think I might actually participate in the cosplay event, though.. =)

FiFi
11-28-2004, 08:39 PM
YAY!!!!!! my dad is letting me go there...
hmm...need to find some people
I think I am planning:
SD doll/gothic lolita
Fuji-Tennisu no OUjisama
Ritsuka -loveless

ack! NEED TO PICK ONE

Aya Mizu
11-28-2004, 10:41 PM
Yay, I'm definitely going to be there and with hopefully a few new costumes including my latest one of Michiru ^^

Umi
11-29-2004, 08:00 PM
I'll be there. I'm planning some Scryed and X costumes with the boyfriend =D

Hitori
11-29-2004, 08:54 PM
I'll be there. I'm planning some Scryed and X costumes with the boyfriend =D

X? *perks up* Do tell!

Hayashi
11-29-2004, 11:47 PM
Haha, it was Umi's idea to do X, not mine. She is in love with those bishies... especially the angsty ones >_< or even the @_O ones too lol.

Haha get it! @_0... okay bad joke...

But yes Scryed... we tend to do only couple cosplays because... well... it would be weird not to. We are a cosplay couple *huggles*.

Kokuu
11-30-2004, 12:07 AM
I'm debating whether to go this year or not. Back when I used to live in SJ, SF was nice and close. Now that I live in SD, SF is a good 9-10 hour drive, or an extra $64 for airfare. Anyone think it's worth it?

Umi
11-30-2004, 01:09 AM
X? *perks up* Do tell!

We're planning on Subaru and Seishirou ^o^

FiFi
11-30-2004, 01:24 AM
Umi-san:
Woah..Subaru and Seishirou XD..that sound sooooooo fun!! Can't wait to see it!!

Can someone help me pick what I should cosplay?

Eurobeat King
11-30-2004, 02:49 AM
Umi: And for Scryed do you two plan to be Ryuho & Cherise? :) Cute cosplayer couple!

Hitori
11-30-2004, 10:46 AM
Umi : I can't wait to see, even more motivation to go!

Fifi: Finish your Muraki, it was looking pretty good in your profile. And there's a rather large possibility I shall be "cursed" Hisoka and my friend Nagare.

Hayashi
11-30-2004, 08:56 PM
Umi: And for Scryed do you two plan to be Ryuho & Cherise? :) Cute cosplayer couple!

Ya, that's the plan Al. Hopefully we can be cute~~! *basks in Umi's glow* ^____^

But isn't Subaru and Seishirou also a cute couple?! <.< We can get into all this boy love fun... or not. Or something. Linebacker. I'm awesome! *runs off*

Oh Hitori, I remember you from fanime way back when me and Umi first started to cosplay. *does nostalgic cosplay dance*

FiFi: Cosplay anything, you have the good looks. ^_~

FiFi
11-30-2004, 10:32 PM
Hitori-san: Muraki ..I need a new wig [this one look crappy] and .......a lapcoat..because I don't want to go inthere with a white shirt..and slacks - -|||||
I am also planning for Fuji

Nadeshiko
12-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Still set on going.

Pondering if I should get a hotel room or not. I don't really feel like double backing every day from apartment to con....^^;; Eh, depends on what cash I have at the time.

liddo-chan
12-02-2004, 04:45 PM
I'll be there! I was thinking of BARTing into the city rather than getting a hotel room. The only problem with that is I'll have to stay in one costume each day. Right now, I'm planning on Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh and Shaoran (Tsubasa style!). I might add a third to my to-make list, or bring an old costume...

Umi
12-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Hitori: Any chance of you going as Nataku? =D

Hitori
12-03-2004, 01:26 PM
Umi ~ I thought you'd never ask XD J/k, I could, it depends on what day you're Xing it, because I'm commited to two cosplay groups already and I'm not entirely sure when they are. But one is Frontier's Psycho le Cemu (Yours truly as Yura~sama) and the other is Teen Titans (Malchior here). I assume the latter would be for Wolfman's panel.

Umi
12-05-2004, 07:31 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll be wearing our Scryed costumes on Saturday, so X is reserved for either Friday night or Sunday =D

Hitori
12-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Umi~ I'll let you know as it gets closer but Friday night looks hopeful. And it's also possible I would be Kamui rather than Nataku.

Umi
12-07-2004, 12:58 AM
Whee, Kamui! You'd be so adorably angsty =D Well no sense in making plans now... it's still a few months off, but it's good to know the possibilities.

Dany
12-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Wow. Slow stumble onto this. What is it with me and the cons in walking distance of my house???

Anyway...chances are I'll have stuff ready for it. Lotor for sure (he'll be going to WonderCon..whee!). We'll see about D.

*shiftyeyes*

Fallen_Magician
12-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Well....due to.....stuff....I'll only be going to AOD for one day...So people who wanted to see me, I'm sorry.....Maybe I'll stop by some other days, I dunno..It's in SF..I mean, it's not that far from me.. T_T

OoTLink
12-11-2004, 03:29 AM
Yeah this one's doable for sure! Glad to see another convention in good ole' SF :)

*pokes fallen magician* aww don't worry about people not seeing ya, I'm sure you'll meet with a lot of people eager to see you :) If you're going saturday (I didn't quite remember when I went to edit this), then I'll be one of them :)

*notices FiFi's post* Yay! I guess you'll be able to meet up with some cosplayers afterall!

windfae
12-12-2004, 10:35 PM
Ahh March is coming fast! I'm planning to go as Princess Zelda from Wind Waker. ^^

OoTLink
12-13-2004, 07:42 PM
That's awesome! I always wanted to see a zelda cosplayer :)

windfae
12-13-2004, 09:31 PM
Cool! Will you be going as Link? If you do, it'll be fun seeing you! =D

OoTLink
12-13-2004, 10:07 PM
Of course! As of the moment I don't really have any time/money to do other cosplays but I'll be doing those later next year maybe :) Should I do green link or blue? :) Oh and by then I'm sure I'll have some ears too (if you need some, This place has them (http://www.hightowercrafts.com/page33.html)) ... I still can't figure out how to order from them lol.

windfae
12-14-2004, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the site! I'm in need of ears myself. And as for blue Link or green Link... it's hard to decide... They're both my favorite colors!

FiFi
12-14-2004, 08:20 PM
ack! My wig...need special order=[]=
FUUUUUUUUJIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

starbear
01-01-2005, 05:24 AM
hmm..do u think i should pre-register?or do u think that its not gona b sold out on the day of the con? im going as miaka[priestess outfit]. i THINK i know what im doing..haha.so i guess i dont need help making it..i THINK?O_o wel..im planning on going.i need to find a ride tho

OoTLink
01-01-2005, 06:32 PM
aieee another cosplayer from vallejo O_O That's so cool!!!!!!

If you can't find one (chances are kinda low you will :\ not many people up this far north) -- you can always take bus/bart :) It's funny being stared at :)

I wouldn't worry about pre-reg, especially if you're only going one day (I know I am!) -- but if you do, *shrug* :) I've never heard of a convention like this selling out (they usually don't get THAT busy).

Seems now that the year is new a few more people are planning to go as well, that's cool :) Hope to see you and everyone else there too :D

BART Boy
01-03-2005, 12:35 AM
I've confirmed that I will be attending this con ^o^ signs that I'll be bringing? well its a no brainer that Ride the BART will be indefinately and I might be wearing a costume to ^o^ what costume well its a surprise ;D

Hitori
01-13-2005, 02:07 PM
Hey Umi~ I'm 90% positive I'll have a sparkling new X costume to wear with you^_^ And my friend said she'd be Kakyou. It's also possible my other friend will be Yuzuriha.

Dany
01-13-2005, 03:49 PM
A little bit of an update on my attendance.

Due to the fact that my SO's book signing will be on Friday evening, I will likely only attend Saturday and Sunday at this point. Of course, this means I likely will miss the Psycho le Cému concert (unless for some crazy reason it's not Friday), but as much as I would enjoy seeing them, I really want to help him out as much as I can.

What I plan to wear when will depend on what is done by then. I know Lotor will be done for sure. D....I am not so sure. I'm being such a picky monkey about him I am almost ashamed of it....almost.

Umi
01-13-2005, 05:54 PM
Hey Umi~ I'm 90% positive I'll have a sparkling new X costume to wear with you^_^ And my friend said she'd be Kakyou. It's also possible my other friend will be Yuzuriha.

Awesome! Ok that's incentive to wrap up the construction on the Scryed costumes and move on to X =D *dances happily*

Hitori
01-20-2005, 07:02 PM
Umi~ What time/day were you thinking for Xness? I've found (much to my annoyance) I have a test which I can't skip that Friday night.

Umi
01-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Hitori: I'm thinking Sunday but I haven't run that by bf yet :)

Hitori
01-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Let mi know when you can kay? Also, I got us a Hinoto <3 She's L-lamb, know her? She didn't know about the group but I told her and persuaded her to bring her Hinoto out. But Sunday would actually probably be best for mi, since that's my up in the air day as far as costumes go.

Umi
01-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Wai! I love L-Lamb's Hinoto... I've been drooling over it for a couple of years. Haha ^__^

Hitori
01-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Aaww, L-lamb told mi she's only going to be at AOD on Saturday ^.^;;

YamiMegumi
02-06-2005, 08:19 PM
I think im gonna go...Its even on my Birthday!!!

March 6th...

But the prob is...

Im in SoCali...I need a ride and a place to stay...Imform me by AIM or PM me if you can help!

Thanks!

Synchronous BMF
02-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Of course, this means I likely will miss the Psycho le Cému concert (unless for some crazy reason it's not Friday)

The Psycho concert will actually be on both Friday AND Saturday. They're doing two concerts at AOD.

Dany
02-07-2005, 05:17 PM
The Psycho concert will actually be on both Friday AND Saturday. They're doing two concerts at AOD.

That last post I made about that was from before the Programming schedule was released and before I even knew when they were playing. But once that schedule came out, needless to say I was a happy camper :)

My Parking Buddah, bored because he has had no reason to grant me parking fortune, has instead provided me with concert fortune. Hoo-ray!

Umi
02-10-2005, 05:57 PM
*spaz* Is it just me or did January fly by and February doing much the same?

Hitori: Things do not look good for finishing an X costume by AOD. =( And I was so excited to have an little X gathering. ;__; gomen

Hitori
02-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Umi~ XD! I was coming to the thread to tell you the same thing! X is out the window, or at least anything new X (*pats Kamui*), I was thinking I can always rewear a Nataku if need be.

Astro
02-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Yay! I'm free of X! I want to do it, but it's just too much stuff!
Especially since Nando agreed to wear his Grave costume, so we're going to do a GUNGRAVE gathering/photoshoot thing on Saturday.

OniCourseMusha
02-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Hope I get to see u guys there!! Oh yeah! I'm sure I'll probably meet u guys if one of u guys are really into DDR.

OoTLink
02-12-2005, 11:05 PM
Coolness oni :) I want to try DDR, never played it before (shoot, never seen it before haha).

Oni you'll have to show me how to play ddr though :P I keep hearing about it and have never even seen it :hafha:

Michi
02-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Whee I can finally say that I'm going. :D I missed out on this last year, but now that it's in San Francisco it's MUCH closer and easier to get to. Yay!

Nyko
02-21-2005, 10:02 AM
:waaaah: dang i just missed the one in columbus crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

laceyluvr2
02-21-2005, 11:43 AM
*runs around room screaming and crying* i just found out i can't go! and i've been planning to for over six months! noooooooooooooooo!! there is this horse back riding clinic, and its going to be the best one of the year supposedly, and my parents are making me go to it instaed of AOD *sniffles* this stupid clinic better really help me. im going to be so pissed.

Dany
02-21-2005, 12:19 PM
RE: DDR

I've tried. Honest. Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to pick up the foot/eye coordination. I look absolutely foolish.

I'd actually not mind getting to do it more, because it's admittedly fun, but it has to be set to "Absolute Idiot" mode. I love to dance, but my skills lean more towards either goth club dancing or waltzes

Michi
02-21-2005, 01:08 PM
RE: DDR

I've tried. Honest. Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to pick up the foot/eye coordination. I look absolutely foolish.

I'd actually not mind getting to do it more, because it's admittedly fun, but it has to be set to "Absolute Idiot" mode. I love to dance, but my skills lean more towards either goth club dancing or waltzes

DDR isn't really dancing. ^^; You don't need to have skill to do it. My boyfriend is actually a dancer, and is good at it (popping, a bit of breaking)... but he can't do DDR. ^_^;

I'd keep trying. Just try the easier songs... Some of them are really simple and good to practice with. :D

OniCourseMusha
02-21-2005, 01:25 PM
DDR can be both dancing and skills and it's called freestyle. I do both dancing and DDR. But I need to start practicing my breakdancin and poppin before I go to the AOD. For DDR be prepared :devil: .

Shinsengumi
02-23-2005, 02:49 AM
To me, on DDR I'm in light and standard mode, my friend OniCourseMusha is showing me little by little how to play it, all you need is practice, I practice on the Emulator

OniCourseMusha
02-23-2005, 08:57 AM
YAY!! Stepmania rules! Wanna see mine at AOD?

OoTLink
02-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Ooh stepmania, I have that, and I think some music too, but every time I try to config it.. well yeah I don't have "maps" :\

Are there "kits" of any kind? Wish I could bring my machine along to play it on but that would be a bit impractical

Shinsengumi
02-24-2005, 02:31 AM
YAY!! Stepmania rules! Wanna see mine at AOD?

Stepmania does rule :bigtu:, but I still need more practice.

OniCourseMusha
02-24-2005, 02:45 AM
Ooh stepmania, I have that, and I think some music too, but every time I try to config it.. well yeah I don't have "maps" :\

Are there "kits" of any kind? Wish I could bring my machine along to play it on but that would be a bit impractical

Maps?? Like how for example?
Well I know that if u try to convert the ddr pad to the usb converter. U need to check out the official stepmania site for the EXACT usb converter to work on the game. Cuz mine doesn't do Up and Down nor Left and Right jumps.

I got stepmania on my laptop anyways, so why bother?

Hitori
02-25-2005, 08:09 PM
I changed my mind, I'm not going to AOD at all. Sorry Umi.

Cameko
02-28-2005, 12:01 PM

Aw, you'll be missed. You should change your mind again and go. At least for one day.

Come one, give me a change to get a photo of you as Bird Howl. I'm still sad I missed my chance last week. (And yes, I know that's not your favorite outfit, I'm kidding.)

Warren

Youko_Kurama
02-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Anyone, going to do some Dot hack characters? I am showing off Ouka for the first time and I really do not want to be alone. It is a little easier to hang out with other dot hack characters then be alone and half naked. *Laughs* well some what half naked. And do not ask if it is a PG13 costume, it is or why would we let 13 year olds read the manga with the character in it. And yes I am going to run around with the manga so that all the con cops will know that it is PG13.

Umi
02-28-2005, 02:49 PM

;__; Saddness, Hitori! Hehe.. no need to apologize to me, but we'll miss you ^^

RyuHayabusaDOA2
02-28-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm going, just saturday though. I'm still a little bit burned out from Katsucon and I also will be going to the FF Concert on monday, so I'll be making 2 trips to the city. Hehe. I'll see you all there.

Ayumi
03-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Heh, sorry yall I had to get a new ID cuz Shibura Tsubasa was messed up.. its still me though ;_____;

Anyways, Saturday seems like it will be booming though Ryu ^_~ Hope to see ya. Dont wear yourself out too much, will you be cosplaying?

brocas
03-01-2005, 09:42 PM

Hey, if you come, I promise not to heckle you.

I'll put my mean on standby, and pretend to be the nice guy.

OoTLink
03-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Hey, if you come, I promise not to heckle you.

I'll put my mean on standby, and pretend to be the nice guy.

Hey if you're too nice she might come! :waaaah:

Just kidding! :bigtu: :skidude2:

I wanna meet brocas.. don't remember if I have :)

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-01-2005, 11:29 PM
Heh, sorry yall I had to get a new ID cuz Shibura Tsubasa was messed up.. its still me though ;_____;

Anyways, Saturday seems like it will be booming though Ryu ^_~ Hope to see ya. Dont wear yourself out too much, will you be cosplaying?

Hehehe thanks. No, I won't be cosplaying. I will try to cosplay for Fanime instead and maybe for the Sakura Matsuri in SF in April.

I hope to see you soon too. :D

Hanyaan
03-02-2005, 09:17 AM
An announcement crossposted from the AOD Anticipation thread:

Friday, starting around 4:30, look for the Dub Sanji. You'll be able to tell me apart from any actual Sanji cosplayers because a) my costume sucks-on-purpose (it has sharpied-on pinstripes, yey!), b) I'll be constantly eating a Blow Pop lollipop, and c) I'll have mass amounts of snickerdoodles.

SPECIAL COOKIES MADE WITH LOTS OF LOOOOOOOOVE~! <3

In other words, find me on Friday, recognize who I am, and you get a snickerdoodle baked from scratch.

Ayumi
03-02-2005, 10:36 AM
Faery:: Snicker::twitch::doodle... Yummmm, see now Michi, thats one thing to look foreward to, +|-|3 (00|<|35!!! (teh cookies...woot!)

Ryu:: Well then I will definitely look out for you at FanimeCon cuz first off, anyone who likes Hayabusa is the own, and number two, you rock my socks

2 days! =]

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Faery:: Snicker::twitch::doodle... Yummmm, see now Michi, thats one thing to look foreward to, +|-|3 (00|<|35!!! (teh cookies...woot!)

Ryu:: Well then I will definitely look out for you at FanimeCon cuz first off, anyone who likes Hayabusa is the own, and number two, you rock my socks

2 days! =]

*chuckling* I hope I see you at AnimeOD though. If I see you in your Ayane cosplay either friday or saturday, I will take pics and let you know who I am. I'm glad that I rock your socks lol XD
(Yes, DOA Kicks ass :D ) I guess I can go to AnimeOD friday morning to early afternoon, I have to go to work at night though. ;_;

YuffieK
03-03-2005, 03:50 PM
D:! Aod is so close!! *starts counting off hours* xD
I just need to do a few things to costumes and stuff, and I still have to pack ^^;. My 2 friends are going with me so we are gonna have lots of good times, and I can't wait to see all you guys too ^^

look for me there! :D I'll be there Saturday and Sunday, on Saturday most likely I'm gonna be a Kingdom Hearts version of Rikku (same as KH Yuffie) but for a while I'm gonna be Yura of the hair so I can meet up with some InuYasha cosplayers, and Sunday I'll either be Yura or Rikku again and maybe something else, like Rinoa, not sure yet ^^';

OniCourseMusha
03-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Hope to see u guys there walking wit my wooden sandals!

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-04-2005, 01:24 AM
I guess I'll see ya guys tomorrow. I'll be paying for the weekend pass, but will attend only friday and saturday. I'm leaving like around 4 p.m to go to work tomorrow, so I do hope i see some people tomorrow.

Shinsengumi
03-04-2005, 02:56 AM
I'm just about ready to go, and I hope to see you guys there, I'll wearing my Shinsengumi costume.

Evolution
03-04-2005, 04:09 AM
I'm all set...Saturday only though, despite a few hangups, but all behind me, and once more, the Giant Tonberry King will make his appearance...see you all there...

OoTLink
03-04-2005, 09:04 PM
I have one question for those who went (or know this) -- I tried looking around the site for a weapons policy and didn't find one -- are they allowing prop swords? -- like if they're sheathed or anything? (mine's fake wood and I'm contemplating bringing it) -- bringing it on bart might be a pain in the butt though.

Hrmm nevermind, I found the policy and it looks like all will be well! I'll be bringing along my master sword AND sporting a new hat (unseen yet!) -- it rawks :)

Michi
03-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Okay so things didn't work out and I didn't make it today. >_> Hope everyone's having fun. :X I'll be there tomorrow... Taking BART in from Oakland; I should get to the con at like 10 am. Yaaaay. I wish I could've gone the whole weekend and actually cosplayed. ;_; Oh well.. there's other cons. T_T

OoTLink
03-05-2005, 10:14 PM
I think a lot of people had fun, I left early when I found out that you *had* to sign up to go into the masquerade, and according to the moron at the door I had missed it and well, was SOL.. *@#($&

Oh well, met quite a few people I had been hoping to meet :) And got one of the craziest pics of myself (out on market and stockton) -- Yeah see when I'm in SF i don't just head out to the convention, I go 'hang out' too :) There's a mall on powell street that's a nice place to eat at and all..

but I was only at the con from 2 to 5:15 or so, was short lived and everything was so packed well.. I guess I didn't get to talk alot :\

Too bad you weren't there michi.. I was looking for you and was like "hey is that her? -- oh wait no" lol. The funniest thing ever was I go to talk to PL's dad but not her herself (darn, the only time I saw her was when I was hurrying from one place to another to see if I could find someone) .. omg I musta went upstairs and down 20 times!

I know I saw oni.. nice to have met ya dude, cool DDR thing :) .. Who I *didn't* see Hyaeen (or whatever that's spelt) I was hella disappointed because I talked to her quite a bit before the con :( Sorry!!!!

Dani -- I didn't see you, though I was looking for ya.. what did ya cosplay? .. and Brocas I'm POSITIVE I saw you, I think I even said hi.. you can't confuse a dude with long hair and a hat like that.. you're so quiet!

Saw eurobeat too.. wanted to talk to him but he took my pic.. I don't think he remembered me :\

And a cool sasuke(?) cosplayer ^_^

The zelda who said she'd be there was there, was a pleasure to meet too :)

Anyway, wish I could have taken pics (didn't really get to, my bro got a handful) -- but I left my cam at home!! :( man that was a mess, I ended up walking around at the con with an ugly blue bag that not only made my hands hurt but looked like I was carrying around laundry haha.. (my bro had to pick up something at a mall in richmond, and my mom insisted I carry my sword in something.. then I decided to carry normal clothes going there) -- never doing that again.. next time I'll wear my costume there and back as usual..

I did wear it home though :) The HILARIOUS part was about a half dozen or more people noticed me while I was walking/on the bus/going back to powell street. gahahaha. that was so cool!!

ONe last thing though, I heard someone say as I walked by in the hall "that link is the least link" -- WTF?! Geez I know I'm not the best, but that was screwed up.

Oh well, it was in SF, might have been an expensive 3 hours but I think it was well worth it, not to mention the fun my bro and I had before leaving the city :) [It is, after all, where I was born.. so it's like coming back home sometimes].. even if I damn near fall down on the busses lol.

At the bart station I almost second chanced the con, but thought I might be really depressed over seeing the masquerades since I couldn't participate, and well, JUST as we got in the station the train was there, and an operator who recognized my bro and I held for a min for us lol..

That guy always cracks me up, after all these years of operating bart trains he STILL talks out all the announcements and details.. sheesh some of them damn near fall asleep reading newspapers.

Dany
03-06-2005, 01:41 AM
Dani -- I didn't see you, though I was looking for ya.. what did ya cosplay?

During the day I was cosplaying 'me'. In other words, I was cleverly disguised as a mere mundane, the only indicator of who I was being my Lotor T-shirt, which reads 'It's Laundry Day on Planet Doom and Voltron destroyed my wash and fold Robeast".

Yeah, I made it. It's silly, but it was enough for me.

And I'm certain I saw YOU at the door to the Masquerade when we were doing the meeting, talking to one of the guys at the door as a matter of fact. Sorry you couldn't get in.. :(

...or did you mean another Dani-y-ie? *blinky*

OoTLink
03-06-2005, 01:45 AM
And I'm certain I saw YOU at the door to the Masquerade when we were doing the meeting, talking to one of the guys at the door as a matter of fact. Sorry you couldn't get in.. :(

...or did you mean another Dani-y-ie? *blinky*

Nooo I meant you :) *nod* glad I didn't decide to go "then why the heck did I pay for this pass?!" to that guy at the door then lol.. I really.. well wasn't that happy about it because this magical 'table upstairs' he referred to I don't remember seeing, and I walked up and down that upper floor a dozen times.. there was a table selling shirts and stuff but that was pushing the concert.. so maybe he didn't like me :P

Yeah I hung out in the front often.. place was so crowded I needed a bit of fresh air ^_^ -- they REALLY should have tried to book the moscone XD

It wouldn't have been soOoooOOooo far away from bart either!

*edits* ... maybe the reg was really early though :\ oh well.. the panel room was overcrowded and I didn't understand any of the video screenings.. lol oh well, such as an anime con :)

Wonder if there will be any others up in SF anytime soon.. I kinda hope there are soon :)

Michi
03-06-2005, 01:54 AM
Wonder if there will be any others up in SF anytime soon.. I kinda hope there are soon :)

There's ReccaCon coming up in Pittsburg in a couple of weeks... and then the Cherry Blossom Festival in SF, even though that isn't a con but you can still cosplay and stuff.

That's about it til Fanime at the end of May for this area. ^_^;

OoTLink
03-06-2005, 01:58 AM
Cherry blossom! Isn't that the one with the parade? I wanna go!!! :D

Michi
03-06-2005, 02:06 AM
It's the one that.. IS a parade. XD That's the only cosplay part, thanks to Japan Video. Otherwise, I would recommend not cosplaying at the rest of the two-weekend festival. ^^

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=54806

OoTLink
03-06-2005, 02:10 AM
Ooh a sunday one, geez :\ I wonder if our busses will be running sundays by then! (from what I hear, they will be) -- problem is, they're omitting our local route!! Gaaaah I need to send out an email to the bus company pleading them to include it too...

starbear
03-06-2005, 01:31 PM
i only went on saturday..and i entered the cosplay contest(was very confoosed..@_@.LOL). anywayz..it was great!too bad i didnt get to go the other days..i hope to see some more ppl from the con later on during JTAF3[i know..soo far away..@_@]

PinkNinja
03-06-2005, 05:14 PM
Well, I was there on Saturday, short while only. Maybe...9:30 to about 6:30? Anyway, I was premeiring my loverly new Sakura (with sleeves costume). I was hoping to be the only Sakura...but that would never happen. For one, I brought my friend with me, in a Sakura costume (but she was Inner Sakura). And I knew she was wearing that costume, because I made it myself! Anyway, I had the shiny (sort of) Sakura costume, and was with a Curse Seal!Sasuke and Inner Sakura. It was a wonderful expierence, despite the short time I was there.

OoTLink
03-06-2005, 06:17 PM
:) I'm pretty sure I saw you and your friend there, then.. I do remember seeing an inner sakura :)

Ryu-Ness
03-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Haha, I remember seeing the Inner Sakura, too. XD It was great fun this year, albeit not the best in organization. Did anyone else get annoyed by the speaker during the masquerade?

Michi
03-06-2005, 08:46 PM
I had two hours of sleep before I went to the con today so forgive me if this is a bit nonsensical. But... YAAAY I just got back like an hour ago from a fairly long Sunday at the con. XD I didn't do much and my AOD gallery is gonna be like 7-8 photos max, but... I still had fun getting to see everyone after being out of the country for so long. :3 It was great seeing everyone and I'm sorry I didn't really get to say goodbye and I missed out on a friend's panel thingie. T_T;;; I kinda had to leave in a rush. But it was still a great day~ I'm all reinspired to cosplay for future cons too. XD Sorry to those I was supposed to see and missed, too. But I think I saw almost everyone I wanted to, even if some were only for a few seconds~ ;.;

Yaaay I wanna go to ReccaCon and CBF and AX now.

Matsuki
03-06-2005, 08:48 PM
heh, I was one of those other Sakuras on Saturday, I changed outta my AC Tifa costume after lunch ^^';

hey starbear! I loved your costume :D kawaii! You've grown taller since JTAF2... hope i'm not going to stay short forever.. ;_;

I was there today too with the Furuba gathering. K Valentine & Nadesico and everyone was awesome. ^__^ Even though we didn't find everyone who was supposed to be in our group, be had loads of fun...Playing cards, taking pictures, eating rice balls, sushi & Pocky, playing cards... it was all good.

Hope everyone had fun, coz I know I did. Hope to see you all next year. <3

-Matsuki

windfae
03-06-2005, 08:57 PM
The zelda who said she'd be there was there, was a pleasure to meet too :)

Hey! It was cool meeting you too!

AOD was so much fun. I wish I could've stayed for the whole weekend though.

Saiyan Princess
03-06-2005, 09:21 PM
I had lots of fun on Saturday cosplaying as Anna Williams from Tekken with my friends as Julia Chang, Violet, Lee, and Law.

OoTLink
03-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Porcelina: http://www.talesmud.com/link_zelda2.jpg :)

There :) And uh, for laughs (dunno if I already posted)

http://www.talesmud.com/link_in_sf2.jpg :)

DarkenedWings
03-06-2005, 09:22 PM
Hey everyone, I was the Sasuke with the two Sakuras. I'm sure you can imagine what hell that was, heh heh. ^_~

Only went for Saturday, wished I could have stayed longer and gone to Ichiraku with a few other ninja friends.

See you guys at Fanime, possibly the Cherry Blossom Festival, too! ^_^

OoTLink
03-06-2005, 09:25 PM
XD Sasuke.. there were 3 sasukes weren't there! One talked to me :D

sunako
03-06-2005, 09:53 PM
XD Sasuke.. there were 3 sasukes weren't there! One talked to me :D

That was me! Talking about the Sheik costume, right? Hiiiii! :D

OoTLink
03-06-2005, 10:25 PM
XD yep :) Was awesome to meet you ^_^

LuckInSpades
03-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Whew! What a day! I was so pleased with the turnout of Iron Cosplay! Glad to see and meet so many people! What a great turnout ^,^

PS: Kagomechan, Kane, and all others from masq judges that I... apologize for not remembering the others' names... do PM me. It was so nice hanging out-ish with all of you ^,^;

liddo-chan
03-06-2005, 10:44 PM
That was me! Talking about the Sheik costume, right? Hiiiii! :D

sunaaaaaaaako! You and your friends are so cute ^^ Glad to see you again at AOD.

I'm tired from the con. I think I'm getting old. I was too lazy to go to some panels I really meant to hit, but I did enter my first masquerade, and it was nice to hang out with cosplay buddies.

Dany
03-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Now that it's all over..I'm tired!

Today I was in and out intermittently, and snuck about in civvies again. One of the things that made me giggle about the weekend were the people who were kind of vaguely looking at me when I said hello to them, then when they figured out who I was they were like "Whoa! You're different when you're not dressed!"

The other reason for civvies today (well, civvies with a pirate coat, but anyway!) was that the cosplay contest/masquerade last night tired me out pretty heavily. The good news is that my group pulled it off the way that it was intended to go at WonderCon, and to be honest, probably better than I expected. :)

So yeah, whoever it was that yelled that comment at us, I hope that they were suprised.

Also, there was one point where someone wanted a picture of us as we were getting led to the room where the contest was in. I told her we'd have to do it later, but I never saw her again. I felt bad, but we were trying to keep up with the guy that was getting us where we needed to go. :( If you're out there somewhere, I owe you!

But it was good to see everyone out there, and there was a LOT of talent that I saw, both in the contest and out. It was an overwhelming weekend, to say the least. :) And if I didn't catch you...well, Cherry Blossom Festival for sure, MAYBE ReccaCon if what I need to do for the Festival is progressing as needed.

YuffieK
03-06-2005, 11:02 PM
omg, that was fun!! this weekend was really great.

On Saturday I was carrying around my sign that said "Hi, I'm Rikku! (NOT Yuffie or Riku!!!)" lol and on sunday I was Yura of the Hair for a bit, then I was wearing a shirt that said "I'm Ninja (you can't see me)" XD

the only thingh that was bad about this weekend was that I was sick (flu) D: not good times. ^^';;

OoTLink
03-06-2005, 11:15 PM
I... apologize for not remembering the others' names... do PM me. It was so nice hanging out-ish with all of you ^,^;

LOL there's a good policy.. to those who ever feel like dropping me a message (and don't have AIM) -- PM me :) [I have a feeling I shouldn't expect any lol].. but yeah that sounds like a very good idea :)

So I suppose that's it.. for now. If anyone finds a pic of me, let me know though :) thanks..!

sunako
03-06-2005, 11:18 PM
sunaaaaaaaako! You and your friends are so cute ^^ Glad to see you again at AOD.

I'm tired from the con. I think I'm getting old. I was too lazy to go to some panels I really meant to hit, but I did enter my first masquerade, and it was nice to hang out with cosplay buddies.

Mweeheheee! I STILL think you should enter that auction anyway XD

The con was super fun! I'm glad I met tons of fantabulous people :D

Caelque
03-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Despite working most of it, I had fun...although I think I creeped out the 2 pretty cure cosplayers with my fanboyness>< well at least cure white...to whoever you 2 were good job on the costumes and don't be too creeped out by me...I promise I'm nice^^

brocas
03-06-2005, 11:42 PM
I was too lazy to go to some panels I really meant to hit, but I did enter my first masquerade, and it was nice to hang out with cosplay buddies.

Yeah, and you won an award, first time out. :jjacks:

PinkNinja
03-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Aw, no one remembers the regular Sakura, just the Inner one...I suppose I can still be flattered, I made both costumes. And Inner Sakura (my friend) is much more outgoing and talked to a lot more people I guess.

Fallen_Magician
03-07-2005, 12:02 AM
AOD......It was ok...I suppose.....but if you want my personal opinion....and don't be mad at me or anything...I didn't like it..... I sometimes think I should've stayed home that day.... ~sigh~ Oh well....

OniCourseMusha
03-07-2005, 12:13 AM
ITS COOL TO MEET U GUYS!!

I bought couple things at the Dealers room. And I like the concert and the Masquarade (FLEX!! FLEX!! FLEX!!)
The con was cool except for the dance and no gaming room which was disappointing.

U can't believe how many times I had to be on the floor in 2 days in a DDR Pad. But I had fun.

BOY!! That cookie were GOOD!!

Pikacello
03-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Yeah, and you won an award, first time out. :jjacks:
Yeah she did. WORD!!!!!!!!!! ^___^Quite the smexy.
Brocas-san, sorry that we couldn't catch you during the con! I knew you were around, we just didn't seem to see you at the right moments. only briefly on the street....?!?! Awesome pics as usual...
AOD was a blast! much much fun everywhere, very busy. Rob did an AWESOME job. I still can't believe all those panels and guests were there. It was like a dream.
Umi-san and Umi-san's bf, sorry that we couldn't play Storm Eagle that well... it's such a wonderful track, though. We're really sorry to have represented it like that, and will play it better for you next time!!!

Jujubeans
03-07-2005, 12:25 AM
:D Flex!!!

PikminLink
03-07-2005, 12:49 AM
it was ...really crowded, but other than that i saw some interesting things, and my friends again. I really would have liked to see the concert, but i couldnt stay that late, especially since we had to drive home that night..i wish the times wouldnt have been pushed back -_-

I was dressed as Ocarina of Time Link, and then I wore Genma on sunday.

my dad got some really good pics, and i should be posting around 600some or more soon. I kinda wish this con wasnt in the middle of sf with the traffic right outside the door, photo spots were very limited. But i had fun^^. It was nice meeting new people, and nice to see some of my friends again.

sunako
03-07-2005, 01:05 AM
Aw, no one remembers the regular Sakura, just the Inner one...I suppose I can still be flattered, I made both costumes. And Inner Sakura (my friend) is much more outgoing and talked to a lot more people I guess.

I remember you! You let me borrow your phone when my bag was gone. Thank you thank you :D

OniCourseMusha
03-07-2005, 01:18 AM
FLEX!! FLEX!! FLEX!! FLEX!! FLEX!! FLEX!!

I was the one who chanted FLEX to the host during the end of masqurade after he received his friendship award.

Youko_Kurama
03-07-2005, 01:40 AM
Jujubeans: Flex, Flex, FLEX! I had so much fun hanging out with you all. Can not wait until fanime to get our team flex shirts!

OniCourseMusha: It was not that bad when I stepped on you, now was it? I thought I made it up to you with that kissing picture.... and well yeah the other pics before that. *smiles*

Fallen_Magician: Well I hope that hanging out with me and Aura was some what fun.... I know I had fun, even though we were outside for a lot of those pics and I was frezzing my butt off.

So what did every one think about my Ouka cotume??? For you that do not know Ouka, I was the girl in mostly fur and lots of skin. *giggles* I went up stage for the masq. with an Aura.

liddo-chan
03-07-2005, 01:42 AM
Yeah she did. WORD!!!!!!!!!! ^___^Quite the smexy.

heh ^^;; thanks, guys. It's so different being a boy! I quite enjoyed it.

Pikacello, I just love hearing you and your sis play. There was a girl wandering around on Friday who asked me if Ramen and Rice would be performing. I remembered her from Wondercon, stopping to hear you play, and asking if you'd be playing at AOD. I think you were a major factor in her going to the con. Such fans! :D

Neo Dave
03-07-2005, 01:48 AM
It was great seeing everyone at AOD. Got to see old friends and make new ones as well.

Big congrats to my bud Liddo. I know she worked hard on her costumes. :bigtu:

PikminLink
03-07-2005, 02:02 AM
and congrats to all the contest winners

oh btw..before ramen and rice were getting ready to play for us..and they asked what to play...if you heard anyone constant screaming "ZELDA!" and even that little peep when it got all silent XD..yeah that was me LOL!

OniCourseMusha
03-07-2005, 02:09 AM
OniCourseMusha: It was not that bad when I stepped on you, now was it? I thought I made it up to you with that kissing picture.... and well yeah the other pics before that. *smiles*

So what did every one think about my Ouka cotume??? For you that do not know Ouka, I was the girl in mostly fur and lots of skin. *giggles* I went up stage for the masq. with an Aura.
*blush* that was unexpected but that was cool.
I posed on the floor many times.
I like ur outfit! Keep up the good work!
I'll make another good cosplay for Fanime!

YAY! I hope I get mine too!!

Dany
03-07-2005, 02:13 AM
AOD......It was ok...I suppose.....but if you want my personal opinion....and don't be mad at me or anything...I didn't like it..... I sometimes think I should've stayed home that day.... ~sigh~ Oh well....

But you had Uno.

And I was going to play Uno, but the round was lasting really long, and my group was going "Hey, where the heck did Dany go?"

Plus, I would have had a lot of trouble seeing the cards with my lenses. The haze from the dim lighting made the cards difficult for me to figure out even while I was sitting there watching...

OoTLink
03-07-2005, 02:14 AM
Uhhhh huh.. but did they play zelda? :\ I hope they did!

When I left my bro wanted to go to another mall *sigh* and while I was there several people yelled at me lol.. they were wondering "what's zelda doing HERE?" <-- my response went something along me needing new boots but zelda having spent all my money on clothes.

*pokes PL*
Talk to me silly! I wanted to talk to you at the con but you seemed as busy as I was hunting down somebody when I forgot how they looked! Silly.. but I found them :) -- I found almost everyone except Hyaeen :( [however that's spelt]

Pikacello
03-07-2005, 02:25 AM
and congrats to all the contest winners

oh btw..before ramen and rice were getting ready to play for us..and they asked what to play...if you heard anyone constant screaming "ZELDA!" and even that little peep when it got all silent XD..yeah that was me LOL!

We heard! And it definitely induced our decision. =)

Pikacello, I just love hearing you and your sis play. There was a girl wandering around on Friday who asked me if Ramen and Rice would be performing. I remembered her from Wondercon, stopping to hear you play, and asking if you'd be playing at AOD. I think you were a major factor in her going to the con. Such fans!
Eek! T.T We screwed up a lot of songs, though, so I hope she wasn't dissapointed. Must represent genius composers and their work better! T.T

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-07-2005, 02:34 AM
I saw a lot of people, wasn't sick this time around, so I enjoyed AOD 2005 a lot more. I wish I stayed for the dance, but maybe next time. I had fun, bought close to $140 worth of stuff and I liked socializing. Youko, it was nice meeting you and sorry that I caught you at a bad time to ask for your picture. I did see you, Ayumi, but man, I had to leave for work friday and I wished I could've said Hi. I liked the PLC concert, but I dunno, I have to listen to them more in order for me to like it. I'll be posting a bigger and detailed report on my LJ later on today. Overall, It was a good warmup event for Fanime. I saw no problems, well, I didn't have no problems with the staff, but I do hope that they change hotels for next year's AOD. There will be a lot more people coming to this now hehehe :D .

OoTLink
03-07-2005, 02:36 AM
but I do hope that they change hotels for next year's AOD. There will be a lot more people coming to this now hehehe :D .

Yeah, there was barely enough room!

Maybe we can help them get it over to moscone next time! XD There'd be no problems with room there..

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-07-2005, 02:39 AM
Yeah, there was barely enough room!

Maybe we can help them get it over to moscone next time! XD There'd be no problems with room there..

If they raise enough funds for it, maybe it is such a good idea after all. Hehe :D I do hope they go to the Cathedral Hill Hotel next time. I liked that hotel better for AOD than the Holiday Inn. Plus, how ironic that that AOD 2004 was held at the site of Yaoi Con 2002. It did bring me back a lot of memories, some of them unpleasant. <_<. Anyway, That would be a good location for that con.

OoTLink
03-07-2005, 02:42 AM
Yeah yeah! As long as they keep it in SF they've got me .. bad or good that might be :) It'll be tricky to get there when I'm not in the bay area.. but I'll just have to!

*notices all the names in the viewers list* REFRESH REFRESH REFRESH! :jjacks: :bigtu:

Evolution
03-07-2005, 02:45 AM
I was the Tonberry King with the GIANT sword...and a member of Team Flex...it was sweet...AOD was an awesome little con...Enjoyed it much!!!

FLLLLEEEEXXXX!!!!

Mr. Wendell
03-07-2005, 02:49 AM
I came. I saw. I gave beads.

And the best compliment ever was said to me:

"Oh, you're that Rex Navarrete looking guy..."

Shinsengumi
03-07-2005, 02:58 AM
I saw a lot of people, wasn't sick this time around, so I enjoyed AOD 2005 a lot more. I wish I stayed for the dance, but maybe next time. I had fun, bought close to $140 worth of stuff and I liked socializing. Youko, it was nice meeting you and sorry that I caught you at a bad time to ask for your picture. I did see you, Ayumi, but man, I had to leave for work friday and I wished I could've said Hi. I liked the PLC concert, but I dunno, I have to listen to them more in order for me to like it. I'll be posting a bigger and detailed report on my LJ later on today. Overall, It was a good warmup event for Fanime. I saw no problems, well, I didn't have no problems with the staff, but I do hope that they change hotels for next year's AOD. There will be a lot more people coming to this now hehehe :D .

It was great meeting you RyuHayabusa. :bigtu:

Youko_Kurama
03-07-2005, 03:22 AM
RyuHayabusaDOA2: What time was it that you asked for a pic? Sorry there were so many... I almost just wanted to stay in one pose and wait for everyone to finish taking their pics. Man, some times I did not even walk to far before some came up asking a pic or to tell me that I was so cool and had so much guts for wearing that. *smiles* well my mother said she wanted me to dress as a girl character. *giggles* Too back my next one to be done is a guy again... hey, but after that is another girl. Man what is up with me and picking characters with white hair. the only one on my list with out white hair is Naraku, but he has fur so he fits in there some where.

OoTLink: I am not sure that the two of us met.... which really sucks... I have read so much about you... maybe Fanime or another con. If I am not taking pictures of you then I am just running around doing what I love most, cosplaying.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-07-2005, 03:30 AM
It was great meeting you RyuHayabusa. :bigtu:

Thanks, same here.

Youko: It was before the cosplay. You and your friend were sitting down next to the hotel entrance. I was the one wearing a black trigun shirt :D You kicked ass as Ouka though. I do hope to see you again. :D

OoTLink
03-07-2005, 03:34 AM
RyuHayabusaDOA2: What time was it that you asked for a pic? Sorry there were so many... I almost just wanted to stay in one pose and wait for everyone to finish taking their pics. Man, some times I did not even walk to far before some came up asking a pic or to tell me that I was so cool and had so much guts for wearing that. *smiles* well my mother said she wanted me to dress as a girl character. *giggles* Too back my next one to be done is a guy again... hey, but after that is another girl. Man what is up with me and picking characters with white hair. the only one on my list with out white hair is Naraku, but he has fur so he fits in there some where.

OoTLink: I am not sure that the two of us met.... which really sucks... I have read so much about you... maybe Fanime or another con. If I am not taking pictures of you then I am just running around doing what I love most, cosplaying.

*notices the comment to ryu* But white hair is so cool.. I kinda want to cosplay inuyasha because of that (even if it's really overdone lol).. I'd be the crazy guy to wear shoes though (barefoot in public is usually something spawned in a nightmare for me)..

Too bad I didn't see ya if anything :( I almost wish I had a laptop with me at the cons sometimes to make sure I remembered who was who lol.. sometimes I can tell people by having seen their pics, sometimes.. well most of the time I'm either clueless, or think I know who that is, but am not sure!

*shrug* If you've heard a lot about me, it's probably just me *eg* -- I talk way way way too much sometimes.. perhaps one reason every thread I hang out at tends to explode..

Hrmmm fanime is waaay out there.. but you know, I might just find a way to get there.. it IS in may.. so I have time to see what I can do :)

Youko_Kurama
03-07-2005, 03:59 AM
*notices the comment to ryu* But white hair is so cool.. I kinda want to cosplay inuyasha because of that (even if it's really overdone lol).. I'd be the crazy guy to wear shoes though (barefoot in public is usually something spawned in a nightmare for me)..

Too bad I didn't see ya if anything :( I almost wish I had a laptop with me at the cons sometimes to make sure I remembered who was who lol.. sometimes I can tell people by having seen their pics, sometimes.. well most of the time I'm either clueless, or think I know who that is, but am not sure!

*shrug* If you've heard a lot about me, it's probably just me *eg* -- I talk way way way too much sometimes.. perhaps one reason every thread I hang out at tends to explode..

Hrmmm fanime is waaay out there.. but you know, I might just find a way to get there.. it IS in may.. so I have time to see what I can do :)

Well I can not help but pick characters that wear white, have fur, or have white hair. I aslo had an Inu costume I was running around in at OD. I was there for the big gathering pics.... though I could not stay for long, had to change into ouka for the masq. Well I know if I was running aroung as Youko kurama you would have pinned that it was me, but sadly I did not come down stars as Youko.... only did him for like a min.

I really hope that you can go to Fanime... that or I am sure that some where we will run into each other.

Raider3
03-07-2005, 08:08 AM
(snip...) I do hope they go to the Cathedral Hill Hotel next time. I liked that hotel better for AOD than the Holiday Inn. (snip...)

You know, even though I passed by it 3 times this weekend, it slipped my mind that the Cathedral Hill would be a good future location. I remember it from my brief time there for Tales of Anime 2004, and parking seemed less cramped. I wonder what hotel rates are going to be like, however.

If nothing else, you've got Mel's closer by, Hot Corned Beef and cocktails for the older folks, and a straighter walk down the hill for JapanTown.

Somehow, I don't see any anime con occupying part of Moscone Center for at least a few years down the road. Given time, either JTAF or Anime Overdose could grow to that size, but then we're taking approaching or surpassing FanimeCon or Anime Central, or similar sized cons. Of course, you've got the issue of the fact that lodging is a couple blocks away from Moscone, if I recall. It's going to be interesting to see costumed folks like us walking through broad daylight (Not that it's happened before), but then you've got the folks like me carrying cameras, notebook PCs, and other junk in a tote through the day. :rolleyes: )

There are quite a few possibilies for future locations, in any case...

LuckInSpades
03-07-2005, 10:13 AM
As a staff-ish member, I'd just like to let people know that if the con heads get enough encouragement and the like that people would actually ENJOY seeing the con again next year (just at a larger location), then that will certainly help! Remember, comments and suggestions are always encouraged, and I especially suggest that they are made at the aod forums http://www.animeod.com/bbs/

Again, so glad to see everyone I did, and sorry if I never did get long to talk... I was a busy lady!

PikminLink
03-07-2005, 12:06 PM
We heard! And it definitely induced our decision. =)

Eek! T.T We screwed up a lot of songs, though, so I hope she wasn't dissapointed. Must represent genius composers and their work better! T.T

wheeeee! *TACKLE HUGS* i <3 you two..i hope to see you two at reccacon ^-^

you screwed up?? i didnt notice..<3<3<3

K_Valentine
03-07-2005, 12:14 PM
AOD was one hell of a birthday weekend. Every moment a fun one. Thank you to everyone who made the con memorable.

Reports, videos (what started as one is about to blossom into... one and a few other sketches), and other AOD-related goodness will arrive after midterms and papers.

Here's to attending AOD this year and years to come.

Miaka No Baka
03-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Despite working most of it, I had fun...although I think I creeped out the 2 pretty cure cosplayers with my fanboyness>< well at least cure white...to whoever you 2 were good job on the costumes and don't be too creeped out by me...I promise I'm nice^^

Nah u didn't creep us out ^_^ I was the Cure White, my friend was Cure Black. I'm just happy someone recognized us =D You don't know how many people were like "who are u cosplaying as?" and we're like we're from pretty cure and they're like huh? lol ^__^;

The con was good, sometimes there wasn't much to do but meh we just hung out with people. ^_^ Got some good scryed pictures =D The ones we got at wondercon made us look half dead hahahah, maybe that's cause we were exhausted, trying to finish halconnen-chan during that time and all lol!

Probably gonna check out Recca con, if possible, otherwise we'll be at CBF in new shiney ness ^_^

Miaka no Baka

Dany
03-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Nah u didn't creep us out ^_^ I was the Cure White, my friend was Cure Black. I'm just happy someone recognized us =D You don't know how many people were like "who are u cosplaying as?" and we're like we're from pretty cure and they're like huh? lol ^__^;

Trust me, you were not alone there... I think our group confused nearly everyone under the age of 25... ;)

We're not old, we're mature!!! :thumbsup:

Miaka No Baka
03-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Trust me, you were not alone there... I think our group confused nearly everyone under the age of 25... ;)

Ours was just too new i guess ^___^; I figured with fansubs and bit-torrents more ppl would be familiar with pretty cure ^_^; Too old of a series i can understand, as now a days the anime con scene is getting younger and younger. ^_^;

Miaka no Baka

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-07-2005, 01:05 PM
Miaka: I recognized you guys pretty quick and I musy say that you guys did an awesome job on the cosplay of Pretty Cure. I'll send you a copy of the pictures as soon as I get them developed. You guys rocked.

Umi
03-07-2005, 01:13 PM
I don't think I got to talk to a lot of people at this convention as I was always getting distracted by something, but it was good to see some of you again even if it was just a passing hello. ^^

Didn't end up taking too many pictures this weekend, partly b/c I forgot my camera Friday and was too busy juggling all the stuff in my hands Saturday. I ended up taking most of my pictures on Sunday of cosplayers in line for PLC panel or autographs =D

Only ended up cosplaying Scryed on Saturday. Thank you everyone for not pointing out the incomplete-ness. hehe

Liddo congrats on your award, you made such a good bishie boy I didn't recognize you until someone referred to you by name ^^

Pikacello I've replied to your PM but just wanted to let you know not to worry about my boyfriend's request. He was happy enough to hear the beginning part of it and its impressive enough you and your sister can store that much music in your head. ^^. Good job on the USA Musume performance =D

pegasusmaiden
03-07-2005, 02:06 PM
AOD was one hell of a birthday weekend. Every moment a fun one. Thank you to everyone who made the con memorable.

Reports, videos (what started as one is about to blossom into... one and a few other sketches), and other AOD-related goodness will arrive after midterms and papers.

Here's to attending AOD this year and years to come.

Happy birthday again. :D It was really fun at the Iron Cosplay and you were such a good sport to play around in the costume in the hall with us.

Oh I almost forgot to let Dany know the music I used for the masquerade was from Savage Garden.

:heart:

Dany
03-07-2005, 02:58 PM
Oh I almost forgot to let Dany know the music I used for the masquerade was from Savage Garden.:heart:

Yie! I just sent you the PM about that.... your ears were ringing.

That's the group or the title?

YuffieK
03-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Pikacello: Omg, you and your sister are so kool!! <3 I love how you guys play, it's so wonderfull. I noticed when you guys were playing during the masq., did you guys tune before hand? We(me and my two friends) didn't see you guys use anything to tune... did you tune to yourselves? ^^
lol, when you guys played the chocobo theme I wanted to ride on someones back but my chibi friend wasn't there and no one else wanted to do it xD ^^';

Synchronous BMF
03-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi everyone, and thanks for coming. I recognize most of you and probably saw all of you, as I was glued to the Reg desk throughout most of the con. If you guys have any con feedback (especially that one person who wasn't happy...) send emails to me and I'll read them and pass on your comments to the chairs.

Caelque
03-07-2005, 07:40 PM

The con was good, sometimes there wasn't much to do but meh we just hung out with people. ^_^ Got some good scryed pictures =D The ones we got at wondercon made us look half dead hahahah, maybe that's cause we were exhausted, trying to finish halconnen-chan during that time and all lol!

Probably gonna check out Recca con, if possible, otherwise we'll be at CBF in new shiney ness ^_^

Miaka no Baka

hehe good to know...I was kinda worried bout that ^^;; I may or may not be at recca so hopefully I'll se you there ^^

Jubei-chan
03-07-2005, 08:36 PM
I can't believe how much fun I had at AOD!!! It really was a blast! I was running around as a Chibi GMGR YURA-sama with an Ai no Uta AYA, and Demon Frontiers Lida. Well ... needless to say that the concerts, Q&A, photo, and autograph opportunity was just a dream come true.

I met so many cool people there. To the MnS DAISHI that let me touch the glove: THANKS!!! And the Star Ocean YURA-sama who para para-ed with me outside!: HI!!! And countless others that were just so friendly!!! And thanks to Yui for the glowsticks! And to the GMGR YURA-sama hand pupet: Thanks for the kiss! ^_-

I'm sorta bummed that I didn't get to see Rob Paulsen because hes just one of the greatest voice actors!, but I was obsessing over MattMatt's costume. So, I hope to see him at another con soon enough.

really ... I just had the greatest time! I can't wait to see K_Valentine's video(s)!!!

Nadeshiko
03-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I just had the greatest time! I can't wait to see K_Valentine's video(s)!!!

I make them too, y'know. ^.~

Anyways, it was a great con. I'm really looking forward to what AOD has in store next year. I was really happy Brad DeMoss made it as MC for masquerade.

It was wonderful seeing friends again. It was great hanging out again! I was really happy to see my SoCal friends make it. I won't be back in SoCal for a while. I really want to go back again (really wishing for this weekend, but I have to make up the days I missed of internship work). Originally, I was thinking about skipping Sunday due to my work, but it was worth missing! (my supervisor understands these situations, luckily)

I really can't think of anything else more to say, but the con was great! I'm already facing withdrawals already. Reality isn't being nice at the moment, but at least Traveling Valentine had good karma during the con.

Thank you to those who showed up to Tom's mini birthday gathering. Also tons of thanks to Ramen and Rice for taking that request. ^.~

So, I'll see you all at Recca Con! ^_^ (I'll be there, I have transportation and not afraid to use it.)

Report, pictures, videos, media, etc will be up once I'm done with midterms.

I'm really missing the fun I had at the con. What a great way to kick off con season 2005!

OoTLink
03-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Aww I thought I heard people singing happy birthday.. well Happy Birthday tom.. :)

Youko_Kurama
03-07-2005, 11:29 PM
Youko: It was before the cosplay. You and your friend were sitting down next to the hotel entrance. I was the one wearing a black trigun shirt :D You kicked ass as Ouka though. I do hope to see you again. :D

Oh I am so sorry! did you ever get on pic of me after the masq??? Thank you so much though! I am sure to pull out that costume once again.

Angel4Hire
03-07-2005, 11:30 PM

And thank you, Dany for asking me to be apart of this whole crazy thing!

I certainly had a blast. Way to go Old Sckool! ;)

Daitenshi
03-08-2005, 01:30 AM
I think a lot of people had fun, I left early when I found out that you *had* to sign up to go into the masquerade, and according to the moron at the door I had missed it and well, was SOL.. *@#($&

Um...It said that you had to sign up by 2pm in the program guide. It also said you had to sign up prior to attending the masquerade meeting on the website.

I don't see how the guy is a moron because *you* failed to read the rules. =/

Sorry, you seem like a nice guy from your posts, but that's a pretty rude thing to say. He was a volunteer and was working on information given to him by higher-ups, just doing his job as best he could. The "magical" table wasn't there because you missed out. Again, not his fault.

OoTLink
03-08-2005, 01:40 AM
*EDIT* You know, I've changed my mind a bit.. this is past, what's past is history.. but I wasn't impressed with the person's response, and I don't think that because they volunteered was a good excuse.

Furthermore, pretty much everyone else seemed pretty nice -- but here's 2 things that came off the top of my head when I was thinking back about the con.. suggestions for the future perhaps..

1. On the rooms being used, put signs saying what's going on, and if needed, when.. they put "Anime overdose" on all the rooms being used, so they could have done that without much more effort, not to mention it would have saved the time of the volunteers :)

2. Large simplified schedule at reg table.. okay, now that I think about it, that might be redundant to the room descriptions, but it'd be useful :)

Really though, no other qualms at all.. I don't get this whole thing about being so far in the wrong.. if reg ended at 2pm, okay.. perhaps they could have put up a sign at said location noting that people could register until 2pm too! XD

Signs are really really useful :) They make things operate smoothly, and IMHO I think everyone likes things that just go smoothly.. :)

SeiginoMikata
03-08-2005, 02:01 AM
Okay, so the table was gone by the time I got there.. that's all I needed to know.. I was given the impression that it was open till 3 or so.. dunno exactly why anymore.

Two suggestions .. well, maybe you can point me out as an idiot if it was on the 'short timeline' sorta bulletin, but I wasn't sure about the signup.. but these 2 things will save people huge amounts of time and havoc in the future:

1. Put signs saying what's supposed to be in each convention room (I think I saw one on one room, but most just said they were for AoD) -- it was ALMOST obvious but it could have dropped the amount of people asking where was what :)

2. A bigger version of the schedule somewhere by the reg table :) Behind it would work.. hehe

The program guide said exactly where the signups were located and the hours:

Attendees who wish to compete in the Masquerade must sign up before the event. There will be a maximum of thirty entries. Entries beyond the thirtieth will be turned away. Anyone who has pre-registered for the Masquerade must check in at the sign-up desk to keep their slot. The Masquerade sign-up desk will be located in the lounge, and will be open from noon until 9:00 pm on Friday, and from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm on Saturday.

Also there was a sign outside the room saying that cosplay signups were inside the lounge, no more than 10 feet away from the registration desk and there was a sign inside the room at the table.

RyuHayabusaDOA2
03-08-2005, 02:15 AM
Oh I am so sorry! did you ever get on pic of me after the masq??? Thank you so much though! I am sure to pull out that costume once again.

Ish cool. There's always a next time :D

Daitenshi
03-08-2005, 02:23 AM
So he wasn't paid to do what he did, and if that's why he wasn't so great about it.. then he shouldn't have volunteered!

I certainly didn't imply that. I was just pointing out that you shouldn't be so hard on him for something that wasn't his fault. Sorry you misread that? Then again, you didn't seem to do much reading at the con... XD
He wasn't the almighty god of the con rules, and he was giving you the information that he was given. That's not an excuse, it's common sense and a simple fact.

But seriously (and now that I've read your edit) I'm glad that you're over it and all. Hope you learned that calling people morons for your own mistakes is a no-no. ^_^
And just in case you react adversly to this reply: I'm _not_ calling you a moron, or an idiot, or what-have-you. We all make mistakes or don't see a sign that's clear as day (some of get parking tickets for that sort of thing), but it's no excuse to say that the one who had to enforce the rule is a moron behind his/her back. That's all.

OoTLink
03-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Haha 30 slots.. I shouldn't have worried about it anyway :) I'm sure that wasn't even enough slots for all the "real" cosplayers nevermind a moron like me :)

Dany
03-08-2005, 11:39 AM
And thank you, Dany for asking me to be apart of this whole crazy thing!

I certainly had a blast. Way to go Old Sckool! ;)

*squint* *SQUINT!*

Is that my Princess?

I think it is!!!! :D

Dany
03-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Haha 30 slots.. I shouldn't have worried about it anyway :) I'm sure that wasn't even enough slots for all the "real" cosplayers nevermind a moron like me :)

You're not a moron. We all have moments. ;)

The thing I've noticed about most masquerades is that if there is any form of on-site registration, you want to get to it as soon as you can when the convention starts to give you a chance of entering. Last-minute entries the day of the contest stand a high risk of being turned away. Even in smaller masquerades, it's good to treat it as if it's going to fill up before noon the first day of the con.

And if the slots are already full when you get there? See if you can get on a waiting list, and show up anyway, so that if there is a chance, you can possibly take a slot from someone who drops out.

OniCourseMusha
03-08-2005, 06:16 PM
I always act stupid and a moroin if I want to! Then again, I'm cool wit everyone.

waynekaa
03-09-2005, 10:14 AM

Not old. LAZY. LAZY LAZY LAZY. <3
I love being lazy.
And yay to my new cosplay buddie!
*lots of fun cosplay adventures together*

Aoshi Shinomori
03-09-2005, 11:27 PM
had fun. got to see old friends again and meet new faces.

ai no hoshi
03-10-2005, 12:56 AM
aod was fun, fun, fun!!! i spent most of my time hanging out with my reccacon buddies *wendell!!!! beads, beads, beads!* but was glad to see some old friends. looking forward to recca!

btw... congrats to all the winners of the masq... and to all the cosplayers that were there! everyone was great :bigtu:

if y'all go to reccacon come and say hi! im in charge of the masq so i'll be there for sure

see you all at recca!!!

OoTLink
03-10-2005, 01:01 AM
*pokes ai* -- I saw you standing near the door of the dealer's room the 2 or 3 times I went through there :P *hands a cookie out for not saying hi* -- as usual me being clueless ;) sorry ;P

I wasn't sure what dany was cosplaying, but I knew what voltron was ;)

Dany
03-10-2005, 09:34 AM
I wasn't sure what dany was cosplaying, but I knew what voltron was ;)

...But now you know, right? :)

OoTLink
03-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Uh huh, because you said! (lotor!) -- muwahha.. you really had that on at the con though huh? I guess I should have paid more attention to the people that had white hair hehe.

asw
03-10-2005, 12:15 PM
hey i saw you there too OoTLink! I don't really know you but I guess I should've said hi at least ^^

i'm pretty sure I was out of costume by the time you came =/
shoulda stayed in so I could get a pic with link XD

OniCourseMusha
03-10-2005, 11:45 PM
asw: I saw ur Power Ranger Cosplay! I started to crack up when I saw one. But it's pretty cool though!

Aoshi Shinomori
03-11-2005, 12:05 PM
lol omg ashley i didnt recognize you. xD

asw
03-11-2005, 04:19 PM
OniCourseMusha: You were that DDR Pad guy right? ^_^ I remember seeing you hehe. Yeha I know, I was expecting people to either laugh or say something like "omg" when I wore that costume there :)

I'm prolly gonna wear it again to Fanime, so I hope to see you there too!

OniCourseMusha
03-12-2005, 01:00 AM
I'm gonna see how many times I'll get stomped on by random people at Fanime.

Shinsengumi
03-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Twice as more than Anime OD that's for sure lol. and stomping on the red button about three times more lol.

starbear
12-17-2005, 12:09 AM
OniCourseMusha, OHH!YOUUUU were the ddr guy!!i was the miaka from fushigi yugi..i was in the cosplay competion.@_@ i was rely shy..LOL