PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Costumes?

HowiePoof
07-31-2004, 04:53 PM
What with Halloween landing on Y-con this year around is anybody going to do a special costume for the celebrations? Personally I was thinking of making a gay zombie costume or something silly like that. Just wanted to know if anybody else would be doing something special for Halloween.

ACXchan
08-01-2004, 03:16 AM
I was thinking of Halloweenifying one of the costumes I'm bringing to YCon XD

Tentacles
08-02-2004, 01:43 AM
I'm going to wear another costume over my tentacle-monster costume.

AmazonPrincess
08-02-2004, 03:34 AM
I'm going to wear another costume over my tentacle-monster costume.

Which tentacle monster, the ukke one? or your normal one?

Eurobeat King
08-15-2004, 02:46 PM
Howie: That's an interesting idea, since you probably won't get Yaoi-con falling on Halloween again for a while.. ;) If I decide to do that on Sunday, I might make a zombie/vampire/devil version of one of my bishonen characters.. Hmm.. should I do one of those versions for either Shinji, Trowa, or Ryosuke?? haha :devil:

Yana_Neko
08-15-2004, 08:25 PM
I might make a zombie/vampire/devil version of one of my bishonen characters.. Hmm.. should I do one of those versions for either Shinji, Trowa, or Ryosuke?? haha :devil:

Oooo Do Trowa! Maybe clown Trowa might be fun, but like a scary clown version with blood and scary teeth *hides*

SohjiroX
08-15-2004, 08:39 PM
I'll be doing a sort of how should I say Vampire like Tsukasa from .Hack I think for kicks. But thats up in the air.

Eurobeat King
08-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Yana: Haha Well, if I were to do a Halloween-Trowa costume, it'd either be the normal, Gundam Wing one (with his blue turtleneck) or else it'd be the Mariemaya-uniform from Endless Waltz. ;)

SohjiroX
08-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Hmm hey Al why dont you try and do a switch? Try to get a quatra outfit to wear for Trowa? That or just wear the uniform and look dead walking soilder like.

Eurobeat King
08-16-2004, 11:27 PM
Sohjiro: Haha no thanks. I don't like Quatre's outfit, and right now I don't have too much time or $$ to look for clothes for any other costumes for the rest of the year.. If I wear the uniform on Sunday, if I get up early enough after staying up late on Saturday, you can be sure you'll see me wandering the con on Sunday like a "dead soldier" :thumbsup:

SohjiroX
08-21-2004, 06:24 PM
Tight, I have to bring a camera just for that, mind if I take a roll of pics of you? Heheh ^^;; mostly for the fact I like to take those types of photo's at times, this goes for anyone doing Halloween cosplay.

Eurobeat King
09-02-2004, 04:19 AM
UPDATE: hehe Well, I kinda know what I'm going to for Yaoi-con on Halloween.. On Saturday, after midnight, I'm going to wear some devil-horns (possibly also a tail) with Ryosuke so I'll be Devil-Ryosuke with the RX-7 during the evening.. hehehehe :devil: As for Sunday, I'll don a hockey-mask and a butcher knife (unless I find a fake machete) and do Jason-Shinji!! :eek: haha I wonder if I can find a smaller-sized hockey mask for Pen-Pen as well.. heehee This should be a good Yaoi-con & Halloween.. see you all at the end o' October!!

jetspectacular
09-02-2004, 06:55 AM
omg shinji snapped XD awesome !!! ill be sure to get pics of that.

Godly
09-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Yaoicon falls on Halloween this year? That's interesting. So SF has another halloween event going on this year. I don't know where it takes place, but I wonder if it interferred with any of the annual halloween events in terms of reservations. For the people who are spending their first halloween in San Francisco, one of the biggest halloween parties takes place in Castro and is one of the times where it has straight people there. There's also the Exotic Erotic Ball at the Cow Palace. Not to try to pull people away from Yaoicon, but just an option in case some of the older people rather spend their halloween in a more adult theme'd, insanely big celebration.

jetspectacular
09-02-2004, 06:09 PM
.... that's it, i'm doing my Suzu-whore costume and going home monday morning... ACX, we better be partying that night..!

ACXchan
09-03-2004, 09:31 PM
Jet I love your new sig banner XD I wish I could party on Sunday night but my plane leaves at 8pm! I'm actually thinking of partying on Saturday night, since Saturday night is bound to be more active... there's no such thing as a Monday holiday for Halloween unfortunately @D@

add: Oh and for those who are considering cosplaying in the Castro, they have a STRICT weapons policy. Also I personally find partying in the Castro for Halloween not as fun unless you're in a group and willing to eat at the Squat&Gobble, most of the places there won't let you in unless you're 21+ because of all the alcohol splashing going on there during Halloween.

Shinsengumi
09-14-2004, 03:02 AM
If I do go to Yaoi con, for Hallween I'll just wear my Shinsengumi costume, I haven't made any new ones yet, and right now I'm saving up.

jetspectacular
09-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Which Shinsengumi person, I'm going as soldier-whore Suzu from Peacemaker Kurogane for Halloween with my sword and skull and everything, so if you're going as a Shinsen soldier, please be bloody? XD and can I take pics if you do??

dont suppose you'd be doing Saitou Hajime from Peacemaker instead of Rurouni Kenshin..? Saito from PMK is more spooky, haha..

Shinsengumi
09-15-2004, 02:58 AM
Which Shinsengumi person, I'm going as soldier-whore Suzu from Peacemaker Kurogane for Halloween with my sword and skull and everything, so if you're going as a Shinsen soldier, please be bloody? XD and can I take pics if you do??

dont suppose you'd be doing Saitou Hajime from Peacemaker instead of Rurouni Kenshin..? Saito from PMK is more spooky, haha..

If I do go, I'm going as the Shinsengumi Saitou Hajime from Rurouni Kenshin, I've seen how he looks like in the Peacemaker Kurogane, he does look spooky lol.

liddo-chan
09-17-2004, 02:57 AM
I'm thinking about Death from Neil Gaiman's Sandman books. It isn't anime, but it's kind of Halloween-appropriate. I can't decide if I'd rather do cosplay proper, or be more holiday-festive ;) Would anyone be interested in dressing as other members of the Endless with me?

Karisu-sama
09-24-2004, 08:37 AM
1) If I'm at Y-con (which I shall be), likeliness is my kids are getting hotel space with us (I have no "overnight sitter".) More likeliness is that Sunday we go home and they get to trick-or-treat that night. (Hey, they're kids. I'm not gonna keep 'em in the Castro on Halloween.)

2) Halloween is AKA Samhain Eve. This year's big Reclaiming Spiral Dance / Feast of the Dead (25th anniversary!) will actually occur on Saturday of that weekend. It sucks, but this means I have a schedule conflict, as I will most likely be asked to participate.

Means my Saturday Evening is shot too. Craps.

Nadeshiko
10-12-2004, 12:59 AM
If I do attend Yaoi on Sunday, I plan to wear something I call, "Victoria's Secret Crossplay." (sorry guys...no angels) Basically, I'm going as some guy from my current obsession...

So, about them yakuzas...any showing up on Sunday?

Eurobeat King
10-13-2004, 11:31 AM
The past few years on Halloween, I usually organized a gathering of anime/video-game/J-rock cosplayers to meet up at the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, and just walk-around in costume with everyone else who is there. It's free to do the garden-tour, where you walk around different parts of the garden and get free candy at trick-or-treat stands, and I took pictures of cosplayers at different parts of the spooky mansion's exterior and in the gardens. We pull it off every year and don't get in trouble because since there's a lot of people there to do the Flashlight Tours of the mansion which costs $$, they think you're there for that. But to simply walk around the gardens, visit the gift-shop, the arcade, gun-museum, and watch the magic shows is FREE. :) Afterwards, our group would go to Milpitas Golf Land where we'd take some silly pictures of cosplayers playing various video-games like DDR, ParaPara, Initial D, Silent Scope, Guitar Freaks, CVS2, etc.. Check out the pictures I took from last year here:

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?userid=18&cat=600&sort=3

Times have changed.. And now a year later with Yaoi-con falling on Halloween, the con itself is going to wear me out for the weekend, so it looks like I won't be having the annual WMH/MGL gathering this year. :lost: After the con ends around 5-6pm, and after I've taken the very last picture from Y-con, I'll be heading home to u/l the pictures from the con. I would love to form a gathering that I've been doing since 2001, but since I'm leaving Thursday morning for Nekocon, that leaves me only 3 days to post the 2000+ pictures from Y-con, so I want to get started with those ASAP.. So Sunday at Y-con would be the time I celebrate Halloween, so I look forward to seeing everyone who plans to wear a costume on Sunday (normal or Halloween-variation) and I'll besure to take your photos! :D

See you in 2 weeks!!

SohjiroX
10-13-2004, 03:49 PM
Well if anything comes up Eurobeat King and you plan something, I'm there for it all the way. And next year if this doesn't happen with a con, I would love to see what you have planned! See everyone there!

Eurobeat King
10-13-2004, 05:40 PM
Sohj: If Yaoicon wasn't during the Halloween weekend, then I definitely would've planned on having a WMH/MGL gathering this year, since it's a tradition for Halloween, since I prefer going down to the South Bay and avoid all the crowds and crazy sh-- that happens inside SF and the Castro.. But this year I'll just enjoy Yaoi-con until it's over and then skip on Halloween festivities this year during the evening. Next year will be different hopefully.. :D

SohjiroX
10-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Cool cant wait for next year now.

Dr.Noe
10-13-2004, 06:12 PM
I'm thinking about Death from Neil Gaiman's Sandman books. It isn't anime, but it's kind of Halloween-appropriate. I can't decide if I'd rather do cosplay proper, or be more holiday-festive ;) Would anyone be interested in dressing as other members of the Endless with me?

Ooh, ooh. me! Me! and since it's Yaoi, would it not be appropriate for a Desire to be around somewheres?

liddo-chan
10-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Ooh, ooh. me! Me! and since it's Yaoi, would it not be appropriate for a Desire to be around somewheres?

I'm sure you could pull off a great Desire, and it'd be wonderfully appropriate. S/he has that EGA look too. I wonder if we can rope in any more of the family... But weren't you supposed to be Beetlejuice for Halloween?

Dr.Noe
10-13-2004, 08:12 PM
I'm sure you could pull off a great Desire, and it'd be wonderfully appropriate. S/he has that EGA look too. I wonder if we can rope in any more of the family... But weren't you supposed to be Beetlejuice for Halloween?
Yes, still doing that. But, putting together the Endless would rock. Plus, if I'm going to wind up at this thing, I don't think the ghost with the most would be appropriate. Besides, as many times as I'll be Beetle-ing out, I should be able to put myself together in no time for evening events. I'm sure Yaoi isn't going to last all night.