PDA

View Full Version : Help for costumes in King of Fighters fan film

S3FilmsR3x
07-31-2004, 11:51 PM
My buddies and I from S3 Films are working on a movie based on the King of Fighters games. The movie is an all-out parody of fighting games (and other trends in gaming), and is an alternate story retelling of KOF '99. It is called Quiz of Fighters '99: Neo Dream Match Millenium. We really need help with our costumes. I have no idea how to make a good, true to the game costume. Instead of winging it, I decided to turn to professionals for help. Whoever helps gets their names in the credits of the movie under "Costume Design". I need plans or tips for
Kyo
Iori
K'
Krizalid
Yuri
Benimaru (Is it even possible to get someone's hair like that?)
Whip
Terry
Andy
Joe
Mai
King
Blue Mary
Athena
Sie Kensou
Chin
Ryo
Robert
Takuma
Chin
Choi
Shingo
Duck King

Any help would be appreciated. This thing's almost ready to film and we're shooting for the final cut to be around 80 minutes long and on DVD & VHS by December, so we can start working on our Splatterhouse movie (Due to copyright law we can't have it called Splatterhouse, so it will be Splattermansion).

Skyline Kyo
08-01-2004, 12:13 AM
Wow, that does sound cool! Good luck with that!

If you have lots of money to spare, then I would recommend www.cospa.com

It takes some navigating but they do sell awesome costumes. They do sell SNK costumes (that's where I got the Kyo 99+ outfit from). They do ship to the U.S. very fast as well. Here's the really long link for the exact part of the site:
http://www.cospa.com/cgi-bin/netshop/database.cgi?&AO=and&W1=%83L%83%93%83O%83I%83u%83t%83@%83C%83%5E%81%5B% 83Y&W2=&search=1&ITEM=%83R%83X%83%60%83%85%81%5B%83%80

Renegade Pocky and Michi on the message boards here will know a lot more regarding making the costumes.

Michi
08-01-2004, 01:24 AM
I can surely help with figuring out details and putting things together. It's good that KOF doesn't really feature any overly elaborate costumes, heh. I've done a few KOF costumes, and my KOF/SNK fangirlness makes me quite anal about the correct details on KOF related things. >D You have to be a bit more specific on what "plans" and "tips" you want, though. :P Send me a PM, I suppose?

Michi
08-01-2004, 01:46 AM
He isn't casting, Ziggy. He's asking for costume help. I think it was okay where it was. =/

Yumeko
08-01-2004, 01:53 AM
Well considering your timetable I'd be willing to make some of the costumes for you...PM me so we can set up a time to talk more in detail

S3FilmsR3x
08-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Wow, I'm a spammer! This will be a good story to tell in the locker room... :hafha:

S3FilmsR3x
08-03-2004, 10:18 PM
I just kind of had a little fight with another bigwig at our movie studio and I just up and quit the studio. I'm no longer involved with QOF'99 or our Splatterhouse movie or anything, for now... I'm in odd negotiations as we speak with the two other main guys.

cactusmomma
08-04-2004, 01:47 PM
I can help with any of King's garb...and out of curiousity, where are you from? Maybe there's some local people who could help too

Michi
08-04-2004, 02:57 PM
I'm sorry that happened, S3FilmsR3x. =/ It was a good idea, anyway.. So they're still going through with it? Is anyone else from your group on this board?

S3FilmsR3x
08-04-2004, 09:59 PM
Yeah, it sucks... I'm very guilt-ridden about leaving, and I feel like I've let everyone else in the group down (I could've easily kicked the other guy out, but he's been in the studio since day one, and he's practically my brother, so I'd feel even more guilty than I do now), but now I can spend the money I get working on other, more important things, like import games. Nobody from S3 Films is on the board, and they'd kill me if they knew I was here (They make fun of me all the time for being a hardcore otaku/fighting gamer, and they like to make fun of cosplayers), but I'm not even sure if they're going to go through with it. Part of the Anti-Rex rant was that I think i'm "fricking Speilberg and I want to create visual masterpieces but fail horribly", so I doubt that they'll put out anything other than Jackass videos.

cactusmomma
08-05-2004, 01:10 AM
Off topic sorta...can I come and kick their asses in civvies then? :D

Michi
08-05-2004, 01:13 AM
^^; Geh. If everyone else on the staff makes fun of cosplayers and hardcore gamers (something I am! both, even!)... I don't think I want to help them. XD; Oh well. n.n

S3FilmsR3x
08-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Well, with the making fun of me because I'm a hardcore gamer/otaku I think that's only because I'm the only one who lives and breathes games and anime in our little social group, but the cosplayer thing... it's really not their fault. We've all be raised in South TX, where dressing up if it's not Halloween will get you jumped by drunken wannabe-cowboys, so cosplaying's pretty much frowned upon.

cactusmomma
08-05-2004, 10:31 PM
They can suffer my saddle shoe up their 10 gallon hat if that be the case *nod*

S3FilmsR3x
08-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Well... Quiz of Fighters is probably going to be made. It took awhile, but all the other guys in S3 Films just kinda dropped it after I left. Me, this other guy from S3 Films, and a few other guys we know that weren't involved or had minimal involvement in the studio are now making a documentary about how crummy our school is. We just started filming today after school... as far as I know nothing similar to our project has been attempted on the same scale as ours... you'd think that Bryce (the other S3 Films guy) and Matt (this friend of mine who's very much into anime and gaming) are wanting to go to a film fest with this thing, they're getting super hardcore into making it. If our whole town dosen't hate us after making this movie then QOF will be made, and if they do hate us then we're uber-screwed. A trailer should be finished for the documentary sometime in September (a link to it will be put on my blog, with all other information on the movie as well as behind the scenes crap).

cactusmomma
08-14-2004, 12:17 AM
So is this going to be about your school, making fun of cosplayers, or wanting legitimate help to make a 'play nice' film? If it's the third, I would personally be happy to help.

S3FilmsR3x
08-14-2004, 08:31 PM
The documentary is going to be about how much we dislike our school. Since all of the anti-anime and anti-cosplay sentiment is part of why some of us don't like our school. I'm actually not sure if were actually going to be as hardcore anti-our school as we were planning... the guy who's in charge of the movie got in trouble in the law last night and is in deep crap with his parents and is having to go to court and stuff (he broke our town's fire ordinace), so we may have to tone parts of it down. We're going to have some anti-anti anime and anti-anti cosplay stuff in there, though. Our school's anime club also died out at the end of school last year (and the school didn't even like talking about us, like we were some kind of cancer campus or something), so that gives us something else to rant about besides anti-obesity school lunch and football getting all the money that the other sports need

Arekan-san
08-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Hello, umm im new as you guys can tell.. anyways hehe not good with first impressions.. I need help with a Kyo '99 cosplay.. just any suggestion on the coat?? please i need help with designs and such.. ~.~ please help mew...

cactusmomma
08-19-2004, 12:08 AM
As loooong as it's not being used to tear down cosplayers..we're proud geeks dammit! And proud geeks are the ones 'normal people' say 'yes boss' to! :E

http://photobucket.com/albums/v346/Dourmalynn/ the password is hugbees

Only have the KoF2k3 roster and 2k2 Kula up so far.

S3FilmsR3x
08-20-2004, 08:49 PM
The documentary's not going to tear down cosplayers... remember, it's not being done by S3 Films, it's being done by people with geeky backgrounds who all are depressed by our school. I'm actually thinking about getting into cosplay... What with the documentary and recent confrontations involving a neat freak gangster who stands by a garbage can in the lunch room and a misplaced container of chocolate milk have me feeling a little bit braver.

S3FilmsR3x
09-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Well... the documentary's on pause for now. Other things have gotten in the way, such as the school's stupid anti-camera, anti-"obscenity", and anti-every other form of self-expression rules, the fact that we're all too tired and busy to be depressed and tortured (most of my friends seem like they're at the breaking point of stress, and I'm almost there, but I've increased my intake of coffee and energy drinks), and something else that's very important... working on my costume for Oni-Con. A few friends and I are going because the Anime club (no longer a dark cancer on our school) invited our club (Digital Graphics and Animation) to go, and said we can go in costume. I have to convince the other guys that cosplaying will be fun, but my Ackman (the cuddly demon from Akira Toriyama's Go! Go! Ackman manga and SNES games) costume will be making an appearance.