PDA

View Full Version : Help with Ky Kiske's Sword

AkitoSohma
08-01-2004, 02:29 AM
Alright, I'm needing to make the Kuro Ky version of Kiske Ky's sword (Guilty Gear XX), but I'm a costumer not a prop-maker so I have NO clue where to start. If you guys don't mind, do you have any ideas on how to go about it and what materials to use on a tight budget? I don't need the sword until next A-Kon (June 2005?) so it's not a terrible rush, but I'd like to get started as soon as humanly (or inhumanly) possible!

*bowing and scraping* PLEASE! I NEED HELP!!! :heart:

Yuki
09-27-2004, 06:00 PM
Alright, I'm needing to make the Kuro Ky version of Kiske Ky's sword (Guilty Gear XX), but I'm a costumer not a prop-maker so I have NO clue where to start. If you guys don't mind, do you have any ideas on how to go about it and what materials to use on a tight budget? I don't need the sword until next A-Kon (June 2005?) so it's not a terrible rush, but I'd like to get started as soon as humanly (or inhumanly) possible!

*bowing and scraping* PLEASE! I NEED HELP!!! :heart:

Sorry for the late reply. When I made Ky's sword, I drew the outline of the weapon on wood and cut it out. At the same time I cut out 10 extra pieces to glue onto the base for the specific details on the hilt that I wanted to stand out, to give them a more 3D appearance. After that, I sandpapered, primed and painted the weapon. I also recommend giving your weapon a coat of varnish to protect it.

I'm not sure about exact costs of wood, so you'd have to check your local store.

Here (http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=65389) is the end result. If you have any questions, or if my explanations were unclear, just say.

Malicious
09-28-2004, 09:37 PM
wooo-hooo!!! GG cosplay at a-kon!!XD i'll be going as my own version of sol/baiken.....or just sol.......and i too need help with making a sword ;_; people spend as much as $100 for a prop sword.......i'll spend as much as $20 for mine......but i dont want it to look bad either...grrr....don't know what to do