PDA

View Full Version : Secret Scavenger Hunt!

HowiePoof
08-01-2004, 07:54 PM
This year at Fanime a couple of the members of Gomu Gomu no Cosplay threw a last minute 2am Scavenger Hunt on Sunday night. It was in the artist alley area (we even took over one of those tables ^_^). We had cheesey little prizes like a bag of chips, a glow stick, and two coupon books from Carl's Jr. Did anybody from cosplay.com participate or see it? Con Ops even posted a "No Scavenger Hunting Here" sign outside their door. I guess some of the participants got a little carried away ^_^ Would you be interested if Gomu Gomu no Cosplay did something like this next year as well?

alostblackcat
08-02-2004, 03:31 AM
i'd be interested!

sounds really fun and interesting

YuffieK
08-02-2004, 03:46 AM
Yesssssssssss!!!!!!
I Looooooooooooove scavenger hunts!!!!!!!!
(i being a famous ninja/theif of course xD)
i just had a scavanger hunt today....lol

ya, we shouldd deffinetly plan one for next year

DayDreamerNessa
08-02-2004, 04:22 AM
that must have been really fun its too bad i left sunday ~_~ if im there for all of fanime next year i'll be sure to try and play =D

HowiePoof
08-03-2004, 02:46 AM
Well so far the response is good. We'll probably have another secret scavenger hunt in the middle of the night. My girlfriend also suggested us having some kind of costume contest. I think we could do something like that. Something along the lines of us getting people who are not cosplaying to go out for thirty minutes and find a cosplayer to sponsor. Then bring them back and have them judged. Both the managers and cosplayers would get prizes if they win. All this will be happening around 2am of course ^_^

Matsuki
08-03-2004, 10:51 AM
awwwww, 2 am? darn

alostblackcat
08-03-2004, 01:09 PM
awesome

i'm pretty much nocturnal and a bit of an insomniac

i just need to find someone to room with....

ash_chan
08-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Ooh...scavenger hunt! Fun ^_^ My friends and I are nocturnals, too!

L-Lamb
08-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Anime Expo held scavenger hunts this year. I didn't participate so I didn't know how it went but I'd be interested in them if they weren't at 2am.

SelphieTilmitt
08-03-2004, 04:27 PM
I heard about that. Sounds fun! I'd love to do it next year :x

Naraku's wish
08-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Hunt for pleasure and bloodsport.-Predator
I didnt know there was a savenger hunt well im going to attend to the next one then.

HowiePoof
08-04-2004, 01:31 AM
Anime Expo held scavenger hunts this year. I didn't participate so I didn't know how it went but I'd be interested in them if they weren't at 2am.

The reason for holding the secret scavenger hunt and possibly the costume contest at 2am is because there is nothing to do at night at the con. Besides staying up all night in a video room or hentai marathon. This is just so the night owls can have fun. With the great response we're getting from everybody I think it's safe to say that Gomu Gomu no Cosplay will once again be holding a scavenger hunt in the middle of the night. I'll see what us Gomu's can do about getting some better prizes ^_^ If anybody has any suggestions about anything please let me know.

AOneWingedAngel
09-11-2004, 04:10 PM
that DOES sound like fun.....*updates from JTAF2 on laptop* now, to find people.........