PDA

View Full Version : Hotels

Mystic Blossom
08-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Does anyone know of any other "official" Nekocon hotels and when they'll be posted? I just want to keep my options open.

Dewprincess
08-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Only one I know of is Holiday Inn Chesapeake, which is where we're planning on staying...

Mystic Blossom
08-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Yeah, we'll probably stay there too. I was just wondering in case they ran out of rooms before I got a chance to make reservations, but I think we made them.

Xavier
08-10-2004, 07:37 PM
http://www.chesapeakeconference.com/hotels.html

This'll help.

chubbybunny
08-12-2004, 08:30 PM
::does mapquest from center to hotel::

So, the closest hotel is a half a mile away? o.0
Ugh

I often have costumes with shoes that HATE ME.:/

Eurobeat King
08-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Try orbitz.com for some cheaper motels nearby. I just got a room at the Red Roof Inn with 2 beds for about $44 a night, and the location is right next door! :) Since I'm coming from CA, I think this time since the RRI is sooo close rather than usually staying at the con hotel. Even though the address is but a single digit between both hotels, hopefully the walk will be only a matter of seconds.. :thumbsup: I'll need it to be if I'm to go back n' forth each time to change camera batteries!!

Xavier
08-13-2004, 07:20 AM
Being that I work for Canon nearby, I pass by the place every day.

There's a place called "Best Value Inn and Suites" (formally Wellesley Inn and Suites) that's just as much a walk as the Holiday Inn. The Red Roof, you have to walk across the street, but the traffic is not bad. The Hampton Inn is the furthest walk from the Conferance Center, but it is not a bad walk ... not a whole lot of car traffic to worry about.

There is a new hotel under construction there but I'm not sure when they're going to finish.

ProctorSilex
08-31-2004, 05:28 PM
does anyone know anything about the Red Roof Inn? are the rooms ok?

i want to get a bigger room for parties, but i don't know if everyone in my room will be ok with the higher cost. if RRI is ok, i might get two rooms there and use one for parties.

Katiluna
09-10-2004, 09:18 AM
eureboeat king- is the address for the red roof inn 196 Ballard Court
Virginia Beach, VA 23462? I'm wondering b/c i went to orbitz and checked the location of the con ctr and the hotel on mapquest and it said it was like 9 miles away (i know mapquest could be wrong but i don't want to book the wrong hotel) if you could check to see what the address is and post it that would be much appreciated thank you! ^_^

Eurobeat King
09-14-2004, 11:18 PM
Katiluna: The Red Roof I booked is the Red Roof Inn Chesapeake, VA.. The address is 724 Woodlake Drive, (I-64 at Greenbrier Parkway, Exit #289-A) Chesapeake, VA 23320. The Holiday Inn, the con hotel for Nekocon, is 725 Woodlake Drive, so the RRI is right next door or across the street (from what I've been told) So try to look for that one. The phone # to that is 757-523-0123.

After Nekocon 2003, i stayed at the RRI in Norfolk, and it was very quiet, accomodating, and clean. :) So I'm guessing the one in Chesapeake will be just the same, and it'll be interesting staying at an off-site small motel for 4 nights instead of at the con-hotel.. hehe

chubbybunny
09-14-2004, 11:28 PM
I also booked at the Red Roof in because.. it's CHEAPER than Chesapeake, right across the street and... the holiday inn is totally full! Whoot! Party at the Red Roof baby!!

::hates quiet-ess hehe:: :drink:

Katiluna
09-16-2004, 08:31 AM
thank you very much, i'll book it soon then (now that i've found it!) ^_^ see you guys there...and w00t a party!!