PDA

View Full Version : Anyone planning Tales of Symphonia cosplay?

Pages : [1] 2

Koiji Shugotenshi
08-02-2004, 03:24 PM
See topic title ^^ :)

Michi
08-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Dammit. Y'know, I haven't played the game myself yet... But I watched my friends play it for about an hour or so and I absolutely LOVED one of the character's designs. My boyfriend liked one of the other characters, so once we get and play the game ourselves we might end up really cosplaying from it. ^___^ I refuse to do it before I actually play it myself, though. XD Besides that, I also have other ideas set up for the next while... So wait a year or so. Hahaha. :P

Eriol
08-02-2004, 04:00 PM
I know someone who made a Zelos outfit, but apparently he had no time to wear it at Otakon, because he was staffing. Given it a few weeks, and it's bound to happen sooner or later.

Koiji Shugotenshi
08-02-2004, 05:39 PM
This must be one of the greatest RPG ever, and the best game on GCN... to me

I personnaly loved Kratos, the magic swordsman ^^ though I didn't play the game for too long, so I haven't seen all the characters... well maybe someday I'll cosplay this char, I'd like it ^^

Eriol
08-03-2004, 11:00 AM
This must be one of the greatest RPG ever, and the best game on GCN... to me

I personnaly loved Kratos, the magic swordsman ^^ though I didn't play the game for too long, so I haven't seen all the characters... well maybe someday I'll cosplay this char, I'd like it ^^

I think the character designs are somewhat uninspiring. I guess the artist opted for a simpler design style rather something ostentatious.

liddo-chan
08-03-2004, 04:15 PM
I love the character designs for Presea and Genis, but I'm too tall. (I have this problem a lot--I like the shorter characters! I'm still going to work on Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh...) I've been thinking about cosplaying Sheena next year. I wouldn't need a wig, and with a bit of help from Victoria's Secret, I think it could work. The game is great.

Catpaw
08-03-2004, 05:41 PM
*Spins around* I have many planned from this game: Kratos, Raine, Llyod & Sheena! :3 I plan to be Sheena soon cuz my friends say I look like her a bit... (My quad of Fanboys)

Quantum9
08-05-2004, 01:19 AM
I'd like to do Lloyd, personally, Perhaps Zelos or....that big guy with the Hammer who's name I forgot....><

PepeluTivursky
08-05-2004, 11:52 PM
I'd like to do Lloyd, personally, Perhaps Zelos or....that big guy with the Hammer who's name I forgot....><

Hehe.... Whilst trying to talk my boyfriend into committing to a Silent Hill 2 cosplay, he mentioned wanting me to do a Collete. And, I must say, I /love/ the outfit! I might actually do it ... don't know though.

JacksUsername
08-05-2004, 11:57 PM
I'm hoping to do Kratos, I think he has a pretty cool design.

But I'm more looking forward to cosplaying Kalas, (he's from Baten Kaitos, Namco's next Gamecube rpg...you can look on the back of the Tales of Symphonia instruction manual to see an ad for it) Kalas is the blue haired guy with one mechanical wing and one feathery wing, and blue hair. I love the costumes from that game

er...back on topic..yeah, Kratos...^_^

liddo-chan
08-07-2004, 01:33 AM
Kratos does have a cool design. I'd like to see a Kratos at a convention one of these days. I really don't like Colette's hair or original outfit, but the red and white Dutch girl formal wear she gets is adorable. I liked her much more after that (although she's still pretty much dumb as a doorknob). Lloyd's original outfit is one of my favorites in the game. I'd actually think about crossplaying that, but I'm daunted by the jacket. My sewing skills are still fairly basic. I was joking with my boyfriend about working on his abs so that he could be Regal. He wasn't so into the idea. heh.

PepeluTivursky
08-07-2004, 04:30 PM
Kratos does have a cool design. I'd like to see a Kratos at a convention one of these days. I really don't like Colette's hair or original outfit, but the red and white Dutch girl formal wear she gets is adorable. I liked her much more after that (although she's still pretty much dumb as a doorknob). Lloyd's original outfit is one of my favorites in the game. I'd actually think about crossplaying that, but I'm daunted by the jacket. My sewing skills are still fairly basic. I was joking with my boyfriend about working on his abs so that he could be Regal. He wasn't so into the idea. heh.

Ooo ... haven't seen the red and white outfit yet! I quite liked the white outfit, though her hair isn't my favorite. But I need at least one dumb character in my lineup

AgentExcel
08-08-2004, 12:36 AM
Ooo ... haven't seen the red and white outfit yet! I quite liked the white outfit, though her hair isn't my favorite. But I need at least one dumb character in my lineup

It would be cool to cosplay as Regal, but those handcuffs would get annoying after a while!

Eriol
08-09-2004, 10:09 AM
It would be cool to cosplay as Regal, but those handcuffs would get annoying after a while!

Forget the handcuffs...are you buff enough to portray as a passable Regal? Regal is extremely muscular.

Todom
08-09-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm thinking about attempting Lloyd. The rest is pretty much not feasible for me. Granted, I don't know if I can make the costume, but, here's to trying. :)

uberpony
08-10-2004, 04:29 PM
My sis and her friends are doing a group, not sure who exactly...for some reason they all want to be guys -_-;;.

She's trying to get me to do Colette, but it looks hard @_@ Plus, I haven't played the game yet. I'd rather do something I"ve played ^^

Son of Nihility
08-10-2004, 05:59 PM
I would really like to do Kratos. There are several others I liked, but none stick out as much as Kratos does, even if I do look a lot like Zelos.

Chiri
08-10-2004, 06:04 PM
I was originally going to do Presea, but I changed my mind. Maybe if I finish my chosen costume, I will still do her?

PepeluTivursky
08-10-2004, 07:32 PM
My sis and her friends are doing a group, not sure who exactly...for some reason they all want to be guys -_-;;.

She's trying to get me to do Colette, but it looks hard @_@ Plus, I haven't played the game yet. I'd rather do something I"ve played ^^

I haven't played it yet either ... but my boyfried just finished it and I'm borrowing it off of him soon.
Colette does look challenging .... but if I bungle her too badly, I'll just discreetly tuck her into the back of my closet ;)

Fallen_Magician
08-12-2004, 01:50 AM
I'm gonna try to make either a Lloyd costume, or a Genis costume. Or I might do both. Details....in the future. ~goes to the drawing board~

kyandi-chan
08-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Hmm...maybe I could cosplay Melody (Meredy) or Farah! (From Tales of Eternia) They're in the game too! Hehe. Does that count?

I like the character designs alright, but doesnt that main character kinda look a lot like Rock from Metropolis?

Resuka
08-12-2004, 05:28 PM
I have a Raine on the drawing board.

And no, I have no plans to go around slapping people. Although they may soundly deserve it. XP

Eriol
08-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Hmm...maybe I could cosplay Melody (Meredy) or Farah! (From Tales of Eternia) They're in the game too! Hehe. Does that count?

Only counts in the exhibition fight in the colosseum. Farah's techs got toned down. She is basically a Regal clone.

Too bad the characters have such lame voices.

Quantum9
08-15-2004, 01:21 AM
I've decided now. I really want to do Regal. I really like the character, how he acts, and his unique style of fighting.

dustbunny
08-17-2004, 11:24 AM
I'm thinking about doing Sheena's costume

LMekko
08-17-2004, 08:40 PM
I'm going to have a Zelos costume soon. Not sure what cons I'll be making it to though. It's gonna be hard hitting on girls while wearing pink :P Not to mention hoping they get the joke, or it'll look kinda bad.

BishounennoMiko
08-21-2004, 04:55 PM
I did do Shihna already, it was fun! ^_^ I did it once for when the game finally was released in the US ( at work ), and when a friend offered to take me to a con ( guh, the heat...! ).

waste0fcarb0n
08-22-2004, 03:47 PM
The costumes for this "Tales" game didn't really appeal to me that much... only a few characters really stood out as wonderful cosplays to me for some reason...

I'm considering a Kratos or or Lloyd costume....

Kratos is just too cool.

Aneris
08-22-2004, 04:02 PM
yessem. I plan on being Kratos and Celsius! :dance:

Yggdrasil Pie
08-23-2004, 02:51 AM
wow, a celsius costume would rule!

I was actually hoping to make a Mithos costume one of these days. He's just so darn cute. XD I really hope to see some Tales of Symphonia cosplays in the next con I got to, I'd love to see them all.

To LMekko: Don't worry about hitting on girls as Zelos, Only real men wear pink. XD

Alaina Yagami
08-23-2004, 04:03 AM
I wouldn't mind finding someone to make me a pair of Colette's angel wings.I don't really have enough cosplay making knowledge to make a pair myself.All the angel wings(expect for Remial's)are so pretty! :love:

Rosiel
08-23-2004, 08:28 AM
I really want to cosplay from Tales of Symphonia too. ^__^ But I hope the urge will die when I finish the game because I have three other big projects I abandonned half-way through and I really should finish those first. (Why is cosplay inspiration so fleeting?)

My friends are trying to get me to be Zelos, but I think I am being typecasted, and while I love running around in-game ripping off my hunnies and building an empire off of being a shameless pimp, I'm not too keen on wearing pink. If I could have my way I would cosplay Kratos in his *spoiler* outfit, but it wouldn't fit my body type at all. T__T I'd be the girliest Kratos ever. T__T I wonder if Yggdrasil gets a non-Saturday Night Fever outfit later on... because I love his wings.

All this to say I can't wait to see everyone's costumes, as I love this game to pieces!

Yggdrasil Pie
08-23-2004, 05:03 PM
Yggdrasil gets the same costume throughout the whole game. T.T

I'd love to see an Yggdrasil cosplayer though, I think he's cute. :X

AgentExcel
09-01-2004, 01:05 AM
Forget the handcuffs...are you buff enough to portray as a passable Regal? Regal is extremely muscular.

You're right. I'll try Zelos :-p Pretty boys die young.

Quantum9
09-27-2004, 03:56 PM

This is a problem I'm having myself ^^; Fortunately, I'm a pretty tall fellow (about 6'2''), and while I'm not the most muscle-bound guy on the planet, I'd like to think I have a decent build, at least when standing up.

Seraphims
09-27-2004, 08:41 PM
I'm planning a ton of costume from ToS I want to do a Celcius, Luna, might so sheena (though my bestfriend might have something to say about that) and Tabetha

So we'll see what I can do

Umi
09-27-2004, 09:14 PM
I so want to do Symphonia cosplay. My boyfriend and I started playing this game a few weeks ago, so we're not that far in. I really like the character designs for Lloyd and Kratos, but it's definately not something I can cosplay. I think Genis and Presea are pretty cute.... hmm... must think this over a bit.

Clueless Case
09-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Is there a site where you can get the pics of their alternate costumes? I looked in the artbook and nothing..

liddo-chan
09-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Quite a few of the alternate costumes are pictured in the back of the artbook: a couple each for Lloyd, Raine, Sheena... but I do wish it was more comprehensive. I'd like to do Genis in his Katz outfit, but I think it'd be cuter on someone short. And Sheena would be a lot quicker, costume-wise.

I'd like to see some Wonderchefs!

RikuGurl
09-28-2004, 12:53 AM
I'm in the starting process of my Ice Spirit Celcius, but I need a few more bits and pieces before I get started... XD Also have to wait until after Ani-Magic before I can start on ANYTHING else ... ^^ I hate being broke ^.^;

AgentExcel
09-30-2004, 02:52 AM
I'm in the starting process of my Ice Spirit Celcius, but I need a few more bits and pieces before I get started... XD Also have to wait until after Ani-Magic before I can start on ANYTHING else ... ^^ I hate being broke ^.^;

Okay guys, I need a vote - should I do Zelos, Mithos or, um, ... you suggest one.

liddo-chan
09-30-2004, 09:33 AM
Okay guys, I need a vote - should I do Zelos, Mithos or, um, ... you suggest one.

hmm, you don't have many pictures up, so it's hard to tell which of the guys you look like most. How tall are you? From your profile picture, I think you could make a good Lloyd or Zelos.

AmiJoyDonut
09-30-2004, 03:01 PM
DUDE! I'd love to see a con where a bunch of people are Wonderchefs. They hide behind bushes, pop out, and hand out recipes! I wanna be a Wonderchef!

inSaniTy
10-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Nyah. I've already started on Genis. XD

Eric ~ you shall make an AWESOME Regal. WE MUST GO TO GENERICON! HAR HAR!

Quantum9
10-03-2004, 02:45 AM
Of course ^_^ Let us kick mucho booty!
then again, all I can do is kick anyway!

Geez...considering my everlasting desire to stay in character, combined with my need for food on occasion....man, it's gonna be hard to keep these handcuffs on X_X;

janmurphy
10-03-2004, 03:02 AM
Im serioulsy considering doing Zelos, Only one thing , why does the man have to wear PINK! Sheesh.

Jun_Kazama
10-03-2004, 04:02 AM
Providing I actually have the time and money, I'll be doing a Sheena costume for Anime Boston. I'm also very tempted to go as Wonder Chef. XD

janmurphy
10-03-2004, 04:12 AM
I have a pattern for that I think... It apears I DO, and a tutorial on how to do her necklace, in Japanese, but with easy pictures. Its too bad Sheena is the only pattern in this magizine (Dengeki Layers is the mag)

liddo-chan
10-03-2004, 04:32 AM
I have a pattern for that I think... It apears I DO, and a tutorial on how to do her necklace, in Japanese, but with easy pictures. Its too bad Sheena is the only pattern in this magizine (Dengeki Layers is the mag)

it's a pattern for Sheena's regular outfit? I don't remember having a necklace, but it's late, and I had a frustrating sewing night, so it may be just me. :)

janmurphy
10-03-2004, 08:38 AM
oh my bad, thats Collet with the necklace! *blush* Sheena is the one that looks like Misato from Kenshin, right! Got them mixed up.

liddo-chan
10-03-2004, 01:45 PM
oh, ok--that makes sense now. I was going to look into getting a copy of the magazine if it had a pattern for Sheena. Of Colette's I only really like the formalwear. Thanks for mentioning Dengeki Layers, though. I saw it at Kinokuniya last month and couldn't remember the name of the mag. ;)

RandomPrefect
10-12-2004, 03:46 PM
i'm planning on making an Undine costume soon and the angel kratos....maybe i'll do sheena in the mean time though
YAY ToS!!!

Quantum9
10-17-2004, 01:24 AM
Just started work on cutting up and re-tying the sleeves on his shirt (medium, so it's gonna be nice and tight XD). I might use yarn, but I think shoelaces would be better...

As for his pants, I'll just buy some basic green slacks, and try to figure out a way to create his belt - if I can't, I might just say "screw it" and use a regular one.

The Shin guards may be the easiest part - I could probably find some cheap at a sporting goods store, then it'd just be a task of spray-painting them silver and sticking on little silver styrofoam nubs.

The only thing I'm worried about is the wig - I have honestly no clue what I'm doing with it X_X. Should I dye one? I'm not exactly a wig technician O___o;

Michi
10-17-2004, 01:08 PM
The only thing I'm worried about is the wig - I have honestly no clue what I'm doing with it X_X. Should I dye one? I'm not exactly a wig technician O___o;

Go check the wig forum. ^^ There's tons of good wig advice in there.

Shera
10-17-2004, 04:48 PM
I might start on a Raine costume. Dunno where I'm gonna start, though. :schitzo:

janmurphy
10-18-2004, 05:19 AM
Just bought the art book so now Im commited, Im doing Zelos. People are going to think Im cosplaying a girl *sigh* most especially because I AM a girl. All that pink but such a cool outfit. And really eay to do I think. Find the right material for the pink and yer set I say!

Eriol
10-18-2004, 11:53 AM
Just bought the art book so now Im commited, Im doing Zelos. People are going to think Im cosplaying a girl *sigh* most especially because I AM a girl.

If people have played the game, people won't likely mistaken the character for a female. You are just crossplaying.

Aer
10-18-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm sooo tempted to cosplay someone from this game...
I love the angel wings, so if I figure out a way to make them and can successfully bleach some fabric I have...then I'm thinking of Yggdrasill.

I'd like to finish the game first though >_>

I can't wait to see someone cosplay someone with wings from this game!!

AgentExcel
10-19-2004, 12:59 AM
I can't wait to see someone cosplay someone with wings from this game!!

The wings are all translucent and rainbow-ey aren't they? What kind of material would you use for that? You'd need something that sparkled in the light in different colours. Unless you took the easy way out and went for boring old Remiel... :-p

I'm waiting to see Noishe cosplay :-p

janmurphy
10-19-2004, 03:22 AM
I didnt make these, emphasis on that. But I saved the picture because I really liked the effect the material gave. As far as I can tell its just thin plastic. Really easy to get in sheets from most big craft stores here. But maybe not so easy in America.

AgentExcel
10-19-2004, 07:09 AM
Wow, those rock.

Never seen that stuff on sale.

Aer
10-19-2004, 02:16 PM
The wings are all translucent and rainbow-ey aren't they? What kind of material would you use for that? You'd need something that sparkled in the light in different colours. Unless you took the easy way out and went for boring old Remiel... :-p

I'm waiting to see Noishe cosplay :-p

Haha, Remiel's wings are so ugly ^_^;;

I was thinking along the lines of organza. You can get some really pretty colored organza that kinda shimmers 2 different colors.
I'd just make a wire frame for each of the panels and cover it with organza. If that makes sense.

Shera
10-23-2004, 04:02 PM
There's pictures of my brother's Lloyd costume up in my gallery. They aren't the greatest, but, we're doing a makeover after Halloween.

Mr. Corus
10-24-2004, 04:47 PM
I did a Lloyd cosplay for Onicon in Houston. The shirt wasn't the greatest (due to budget) and I used blue jeans for the pants, but the swords were awesome.

I'll probably touch it up for UshiCon in Austin.

Darn, and I thought I was the first ToS cosplayer. *shrug* Oh well.

Nyoko
10-25-2004, 01:21 PM
I am planning several

actully I am almost done with Genis, and half way there on a Zelos costume
I am making a Krotos and Lloyd for some friends
and I wanna make a Celsius and Sheena costume as well...
and Im sure I'll be making more then just those if my best friend wants to cosplay from it....

Ryo Knight
10-30-2004, 01:54 AM
YO! Someone do Zelos's Speedo!

*shot*

Or not. >.>;;

What? XD;;

Nyoko
10-30-2004, 02:00 AM
oO... speedo... *trys not to spit milk out of her nose* holy crap... now theres a image for the imaganation...

SolarVortex
10-31-2004, 12:06 PM
I might possibly attempt to cosplay out of Tales of Symphonia but it depends on if I can get into a 'cosplay group' going to a near-by con- South Eastern United States.

phantomthief
10-31-2004, 01:30 PM
I must cosplay KRATOS!!! I have most of the costume planned out... But those tail/cape things are scaring me... Any suggestions???

Solar: If you go to Anime Weekend Atlanta (Georgia), There'll be me (Kratos), a Colette, and a Zelos. (And possibly more, but those are the ones that already started their costumes) Come and join us if you can!!! :D

~Ari-chan

ChibiTifa05
10-31-2004, 07:56 PM
I'm working on a Sheena costume for Katsucon 2005. I would really feel comfortable if there were other ToS cosplays going also. So, if anyone is going as a ToS character, you can PM me. Maybe we could work on a skit or something! ^_^ Oh, by the way, I'm new, so nice to meet you all. I'll get me cosplay avatar up as soon as I can!

ravenmist
11-11-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm working on a Sheena costume for Katsucon 2005. I would really feel comfortable if there were other ToS cosplays going also. So, if anyone is going as a ToS character, you can PM me. Maybe we could work on a skit or something! ^_^ Oh, by the way, I'm new, so nice to meet you all. I'll get me cosplay avatar up as soon as I can!

Digging up an old thread cause I'm planning on doing Sheena for Katsucon, too. lol. Well, I'm gonna try to anyway.
I have the art book back when the game first came out. My store got extra copies so I was able to bring one home. I'm glad I have those images to go from. Having the game also helps out a bit.
Any ideas on how to do her boot covers?? I want to make it as correct as possible.
Thanks. =)

ChibiTifa05
11-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Wow, glad you brought the boot covers up, because I was wondering the same thing. After I stared at the artbook for about an hour, I came to a realization. What we could do, is sew the purple fabric over the boots and find small purple belts that we can cut and attach on to the sides. I know it's hard to find belts with small buckles, but if we go to a kid's clothing store, we might be able to find small belts. If we do find the right size, then all we have to do is cut off the part with the buckle, leaving about two inches of cloth/plastic on. Then cut off about two inches of the part of the belt that has the holes. Put them together like a belt and somehow sew or glue them on to the sides of the boots. That's my theory! I hope that wasn't too complicated. Hope to see my twin at Katsucon! ^^

ravenmist
11-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Wow, glad you brought the boot covers up, because I was wondering the same thing. After I stared at the artbook for about an hour, I came to a realization. What we could do, is sew the purple fabric over the boots and find small purple belts that we can cut and attach on to the sides. I know it's hard to find belts with small buckles, but if we go to a kid's clothing store, we might be able to find small belts. If we do find the right size, then all we have to do is cut off the part with the buckle, leaving about two inches of cloth/plastic on. Then cut off about two inches of the part of the belt that has the holes. Put them together like a belt and somehow sew or glue them on to the sides of the boots. That's my theory! I hope that wasn't too complicated. Hope to see my twin at Katsucon! ^^

Woohoo! That sounds like a great idea!! I'm gonna that next weekend since I have Friday/Saturday off...least I think I still hope I do. lol.
YES, I will try my hardest to do Sheena as well. Now my husband is all excited cause he wants me to make a Genis costume for him. He loves Genis. lol. He'd rather be Kratos cause he gets a sword, but when he looked at the art book he decided on Genis. So now I get to make a Genis costume. lol. Must find wig.

Keep me posted on how your costume is coming along! =) Lots of luck!!

SolarVortex
11-14-2004, 05:06 PM
PhantomThief: Sounds fun- Yeah, I might have to just check into that then. When is it?

ravenmist
11-15-2004, 04:37 PM
ChibiTifa05: If you check this anytime soon. How's your Sheena costume coming along? I am having the most difficult time finding bits and pieces for her costume. We found nearly everything for my husbands Genis costume within an hour this weekend!! lol. He got lucky. Are you making your from a pattern or from other clothes and just altering them? I may have to find patterns since I'm having no luck elsewhere.
Thanks. Hope your costume is coming along well!!

ChibiTifa05
11-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Glad you asked. To tell the truth, I haven't even started working on the coat part. Right now, I'm concentrating on the armwarmers. They're pretty easy to do since I'm using actual armwarmers for the basis and pattern. The coat part is a little tough, but luckly, my friend has a very old Japanese coat of the same design (I forgot what those coats are called! -_-) and she let me use it for a pattern. So, I'm kinda down pat with that. Don't worry, it'll all come together soon enough. Good luck! ^_^

ravenmist
11-17-2004, 10:12 PM
Glad you asked. To tell the truth, I haven't even started working on the coat part. Right now, I'm concentrating on the armwarmers. They're pretty easy to do since I'm using actual armwarmers for the basis and pattern. The coat part is a little tough, but luckly, my friend has a very old Japanese coat of the same design (I forgot what those coats are called! -_-) and she let me use it for a pattern. So, I'm kinda down pat with that. Don't worry, it'll all come together soon enough. Good luck! ^_^

Yeah, the rest of the costume is easy enough to put together, but the jacket I'm having issues with.
Good luck with yours, too!! PM me if you figure out what to do about the jacket. I'd love some ideas. I may just find a white jacket and dye it and cut it the way I need to. We'll see. If I can find a pattern close enough that I can adjust, I'll do that.
Hope yours turns out well!! =) Night.

x_Mireille_x
11-24-2004, 03:15 PM
Sososo sorry to kinda revive ^^

I'm planning on doing either Colette or Sheena for Otakon 2005. If anyone else wants to go, maybe we could meet up, do a skit, etc ^^ Just PM me (Oh, does anyone have any Sheena artbook pics? I really need them...)

ravenmist
11-24-2004, 08:59 PM

I'm planning on doing either Colette or Sheena for Otakon 2005. If anyone else wants to go, maybe we could meet up, do a skit, etc ^^ Just PM me (Oh, does anyone have any Sheena artbook pics? I really need them...)

Oh I wish we could go to Otakon! Much fun.
I have the TOS artbook, but, sadly, my scanner is dead. It broke...and is not coming back to life...ever. Sorry. I wish I could help you out.
Good luck!! =)

ChibiTifa05
11-24-2004, 10:02 PM
I would scan you the picture as well, but the computer with the scanner is not working right now. Gomen ne. But yeah, I'm going as Sheena for Otakon as well as Katsucon, so we could do a skit or something. There's already going to be a large ToS group there anyway, but you might already know that.

Anorexorcist
11-25-2004, 03:10 PM

Sheena artbook pictures, there are a couple of others, but they don't show anything these don't. I'm hoping to have a Zelos costume for Anime Boston, and if I do, I'll likely wear it to Otakon as well.

Yuki-cyan
11-28-2004, 01:08 PM
Gomen, excuse me...but anyone go cosplay as Krotos (angel version :love: in all white and all the straps)?? It look difficult... :lost:
Does the art book have any good pict of that costume?
I want to go TOS, but not sure when. I have friend, Katt, who going help make a lot of my costumes and patterns...yeah, I just start going to con, so still new and no pict. (*sniffle) -_-,

ravenmist
11-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Gomen, excuse me...but anyone go cosplay as Krotos (angel version :love: in all white and all the straps)?? It look difficult... :lost:
I want to go TOS, but not sure when. I have friend, Katt, who going help make a lot of my costumes and patterns...yeah, I just start going to con, so still new and no pict. (*sniffle) -_-,

Ooh I'd love to see someone cosplay an Angel Kratos! I tried to convince my hubby to be Kratos so I could try and make one of his costumes, but he loves Genis so I'm making him a Genis costume instead.

Oh and there aren't any pictures of Kratos in the angel garb in the artbook. I just looked at mine. Sorry.
I'm sure someone out there has some pictures for you. Good luck!!
I wanted to start working on the Genis and Sheena costumes today when I realized...I have no purple or blue thread!!! lol. Oh wells. I get paid on Friday so I can get all the supplies I need.

phantomthief
11-28-2004, 02:44 PM
XD I've looked all over... The only picture of Kratos' Judgment outfit I could find was fanart... I need to learn how to make screenshots...

I'm currently working on Kratos as well! :D I'm making his normal outfit but I'm making his angel wings. Bwahaha...

~Ari-chan

Plum Blossom
11-28-2004, 02:58 PM
After Katsucon, I'm going to start my Sheena costume for Anime Mid-Atlantic! X3 heh, but I almost have no time to make it, but that's okay, I'll live ^^;; And speaking of Kratos' angel outfit, my friends and I are trying to convince my friend going as Kratos to do that one instead of the normal one XD;;

Aer
11-28-2004, 03:56 PM

Looking around at the screenshots here:
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/screenshots.htm

I found a few...
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/images/captures/jpgfiles/capture260.jpg
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/images/captures/jpgfiles/capture259.jpg
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/images/screen175.jpg
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/images/screen174.jpg
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/images/screen173.jpg

ravenmist
11-28-2004, 04:03 PM
Looking around at the screenshots here:
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/screenshots.htm

I found a few...
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/images/captures/jpgfiles/capture260.jpg
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/images/captures/jpgfiles/capture259.jpg
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/images/screen175.jpg
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/images/screen174.jpg
http://mizuho.zapchu.com/images/screen173.jpg

*nods* Yes...must convince hubby to cosplay as Kratos next time. Yupp. *drool* I love that outfit!

Yuki-cyan
12-01-2004, 12:04 AM
Arigatou!! Wow...that'll hard to make!! Think those pict help for starter!!
Is there original pict/chara sketch of Angel Krotos?? Sketch better to see detail...what wearing under top+belt stuff?? Hmmm... :lost: I not that experience to make pattern or understand much. (eek! -_-, sniffle)
...WAIT!! 0_0 Someone said saw fanart or Angel Krotos...were any site good in detail...or not worth trusting to make costume? 0.0 (??)
I not start costume till later in 2005, but if anyone find person cosplay a well Angel Krotos, I would love see their costume!!!
:angel: Speaking of angel costumes...is Mithos in Yggdrasiel for wearing just skin tight white spandex thingy?? ... ... I like Yggdrasiel :love: ...but costume looks...umm...HAZUKASHII!!! :waaaah: :o Embarasing! Doesn't he have better clothing...more fashionable for his character? Then again, better to drool at body...hmm...I guess can't have both. -_-, *sigh*

ravenmist
12-01-2004, 08:01 AM
Arigatou!! Wow...that'll hard to make!! Think those pict help for starter!!
Is there original pict/chara sketch of Angel Krotos?? Sketch better to see detail...what wearing under top+belt stuff?? Hmmm... :lost: I not that experience to make pattern or understand much. (eek! -_-, sniffle)
...WAIT!! 0_0 Someone said saw fanart or Angel Krotos...were any site good in detail...or not worth trusting to make costume? 0.0 (??)
I not start costume till later in 2005, but if anyone find person cosplay a well Angel Krotos, I would love see their costume!!!
:angel: Speaking of angel costumes...is Mithos in Yggdrasiel for wearing just skin tight white spandex thingy?? ... ... I like Yggdrasiel :love: ...but costume looks...umm...HAZUKASHII!!! :waaaah: :o Embarasing! Doesn't he have better clothing...more fashionable for his character? Then again, better to drool at body...hmm...I guess can't have both. -_-, *sigh*

Umm...if I understand what you're saying about the Mithos Yggdrasiel costume, it isn't that skin tight. It is tight looking, but not skin tight. Even if it was, you don't have to make it that way. I'm sure you can add a little more onto it so it'll look nice and be comfortable enough for you. I'd love to make a younger Mithos costume. So cute looking!!

Good luck on the Kratos costume! I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna do Sheena's robe! lol. No time to get patterns.

Yuki-cyan
12-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I just wondered if Yggdrasiel ever wear anything more...hmm...villian like or ornate...is what I wondered. Have another costume that not released in game, but original art my game makers. Some game have that.
I have kimonos+Yukatas at home, so I plan use that for referance to make Sheena's.
I want go more Con, but have no money go far and 2cats who trouble maker...can't leave for more than 2.5-3days max alone. (grr...but they sooo cute...I can't win...)

(meaning made of silk-expensive-delicate-warm/thick-winter wear, Yukata is summer version-thin-cotton-light/thin)

ravenmist
12-01-2004, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=Yuki-cyan]Yeah, I just wondered if Yggdrasiel ever wear anything more...hmm...villian like or ornate...is what I wondered. Have another costume that not released in game, but original art my game makers. Some game have that.
QUOTE]

He only wears the one outfit. Sorry. I've been playing the game again and it's only the one. What a cool outfit though. =)

Katsuyuki_Shiro
12-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Yeah!! A group of friends and I are planning a cosplay group of Tales of Symphonia for AN06!! I'm going to be Zelos! hehe... The Kaiba effect!! Right now we have:

-Lloyd
-Colette
-Raine
-Zelos
-Sheena
-Kratos
-Presea

It's such a great game that I just had to drag people who haven't played the game at all to cosplay with me! XD

ravenmist
12-02-2004, 07:30 AM
Yeah!! A group of friends and I are planning a cosplay group of Tales of Symphonia for AN06!! I'm going to be Zelos! hehe... The Kaiba effect!! Right now we have:

-Lloyd
-Colette
-Raine
-Zelos
-Sheena
-Kratos
-Presea

It's such a great game that I just had to drag people who haven't played the game at all to cosplay with me! XD

Ahh. *poutpout* Why can't we find a group like that for Katsucon?? You guys better take TONS of pictures!! This time I'll be ready...my camera will have new batteries in it so it won't die on me again.
Have fun!!!

janmurphy
12-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Yo. Still in the planning stage on my TOS cosplay.
THought Id just tell you all that I put the scans of the character designs up on my site.
Look under Cosplay/Reference/Tales of symphonia

x_Mireille_x
12-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks everyone!

So theirs going to be a huge group? Oh, I MUST meet up with them, or just meet 'em ^^

Yuki-cyan
12-05-2004, 07:30 PM
ravenmist
He only wears the one outfit. Sorry. I've been playing the game again and it's only the one. What a cool outfit though. =)

Yeah...that true...but I like my badguys I fall for wear something...hmm...like Daos from Tales of Phantasia(TOP)...I love costume, but good point, sometime simple better and more easy make. ^.^;

Kazzi
12-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Ahh so sorry about reviving topics ^^; But i've actually started making a Colette costume (the white one) It's not to hard actually. I want to attempt to make the wings but i cant find a way to have seperate sections, and i cant find anything strong enough to support them. =/

I wanted to do Kratos aswell but i have my family and friends restricting me on male ones ^^;

Someone mentioned colettes red and white costume?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/kazzisato/Pic_0008.jpg

Zelos_Wilder
12-30-2004, 02:30 AM
I made a Zelos Wilder costume for Halloween, and boy did it turn out sexy ^^!
I put alot of hard work into it ^_~
I still have to post all of my costumes, put I'm planning on wearing my Zelos outfit to Animethon 12.

Youko_Kurama
12-30-2004, 05:40 AM
*smiles* well I am going to do Tabatha/ martel/ mana chick at the end of the game. She looked to cool and I really did not want to be someone that was picked in the group gathering for Fanime 05. though my sis says that I am to much like Sheena and my mother says that I have the body for her.... But I thought about being Zelos.... but I am just to big chested to pull him off.... *sigh* oh well.... anyway the mana chick is really cool.... Does anyone have any good pics of her. I found some, but they are not of her standing up.

phantomthief
12-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Just started on Kratos recently :D And I think I figured out how to make the wig work O.o
Also... *psssst* We also figured outt the wings O.O But we haven't tried our little "strategy" yet, so...yeah...

But Kratos will be premiering at Anime Weekend Atlanta 2005
We have:
Kratos Aurion
Wonder Chef
Zelos Wilder
Presea Combatir
Lloyd Irving
(possible Genis)

~Ari-chan

Zelos_Wilder
12-30-2004, 10:28 AM
We have:
Kratos Aurion
Wonder Chef
Zelos Wilder
Presea Combatir
Lloyd Irving
(possible Genis)

~Ari-chan

LMAO! Someone's cosplaying as Wonder Chef?! AWESOME!! I hope you'll show us some piccies of your group after =D

Nyoko
12-30-2004, 05:44 PM
Oh wow the numder of TOS cosplayers has grown oO... I should check this more often...

Well I need to get back to work on my Genis and Zelos costumes... later!

RandomPrefect
01-01-2005, 05:54 AM
luna is almost finished and kratos should be getting started very soon. ^.^

ravenmist
01-07-2005, 09:10 AM
My hubby's Genis costume is almost done! The only thing I have left to do is paint the designs on it. I was going to use fabric, but I'd rather puffy paint it instead. It's not going to be perfect, but it'll look really good. Now...must find a kendama!! Any ideas??
The Sheene costume is getting there. Everything is cut up and now I have to sew it all together. Oi. The fun part! My sewing machine is dead so I have to hand sew everything, which I'm not too bad it. Not good, but not bad either.

Have fun everyone! Hopefully we'll see some of you at Katsucon!! I think we're doing the TOS cosplay on Saturday.

Reaver
01-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Im planning on sheena for AX05 this year XD

KHs_Sora
01-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Im planning on making Genis but I needs some tips on it ^-^;

ravenmist
01-16-2005, 09:26 AM
Im planning on making Genis but I needs some tips on it ^-^;

Like what? Mine for my husband is almost done. Just gotta finish the pant part and then it's finished.

KHs_Sora
01-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Like what? Mine for my husband is almost done. Just gotta finish the pant part and then it's finished.

like everything...lol... I have no idea where to start XP

Katsuyuki_Shiro
01-17-2005, 05:44 PM
Just started on Kratos recently :D And I think I figured out how to make the wig work O.o
Also... *psssst* We also figured outt the wings O.O But we haven't tried our little "strategy" yet, so...yeah...

We have:
Kratos Aurion
Wonder Chef
Zelos Wilder
Presea Combatir
Lloyd Irving
(possible Genis)

~Ari-chan

Beautiful... Wonderchef... Just Beautiful... What about that other chef guy... The Dark one... (Sorry, I let my friend borrow my game for two months and I completely forgot everything.. >___< besides.. I'm playing Tales of Rebirth right now.. ^^;;...)...

For my Zelos costume, I was thinking of adding the Angel wings (from one of the endings) if I have time for it... Oh god will that take a while... They're so... transparent... o.o;;

ravenmist
01-17-2005, 09:50 PM
like everything...lol... I have no idea where to start XP

Here's what I did. Well...my husband actually came up with a good idea and we went from there. We found some blue scrubs at K-Mart for $20. That was the base for it. Everything was perfect. The color and the design. So from there I just cut where I needed to to and sewed everything the way it looks from the pictures of Genis' outfit. It was very easy to do. It took some time to make sure everything was even, but after that it was great and looks perfect. You can either hand sew or use a machine. My machine was broke so I hand sewn everything. For the white designs I decided to just use fabric paint. You can use white fabric as well, but I was in a bit of a time crunch cause I have other costumes to work on. So either one is up to you. As soon as I finish the shorts I can take a picture for you and I'll load it onto my Gallery. I'll reply on this board when it's up, just so you can get an idea.
I hope this helped. If you need any other info feel free to PM me or just reply on this thread. I'm always here. =)

Nyoko
01-17-2005, 11:22 PM
i would also be glad to help you KHs_Sora! just PM me (I have my unfinished genis costume up in my gallery)

ravenmist
01-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Here are the pictures of my Genis costume I promised. It's only the top, the bottom is drying right now. Hope this helps!!
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=258697

Nyoko
01-19-2005, 12:53 AM
Oh looking good!! you'll going to let us know when your done right! ^^ then again I'll see it at katsu...

thats interesting how your top is all one peice... I made mine two peices like a vest that will become one peice when I add the white trim.

ravenmist
01-19-2005, 08:56 AM
Oh looking good!! you'll going to let us know when your done right! ^^ then again I'll see it at katsu...

thats interesting how your top is all one peice... I made mine two peices like a vest that will become one peice when I add the white trim.

Thanks! Yeah when it's all done I'll post more pics and then we'll be at Katsu! =)

I just tried to find the easiest way for me to do this and went from there. Costumes are only as difficult as you make them to be. I took the easy way out and I love the results. We only have to buy the black shirt and shorts to go under the blue part and then...find a kendama!! That's going to be the fun part! I still have a bunch of parts left to do on these costumes. I have three, but the hubby only has two costumes. We may just wear the TOS ones two times since they're so fun! =)

See you there!! =)

Sarabella
01-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of Wonder Chef, by chance?

Edit: And.... Nevermind, I got one ^_^

Asmaria
01-24-2005, 05:02 PM
I'm going to be Genis at A-kon this year. I just got my Kendama in the mail today. Dang it's hard to use. ;_; But I've got 4 1/2 months to learn! >o< *practices every day*

My friends are going to be Lloyd and Kratos, and if we're lucky we may convince some more cast members to join along. (two prospective Raines, and possibly a Regal :O )

Whoo, go Ravenmist, it looks good! :D

Nyoko
01-24-2005, 10:23 PM
Asmaria: Post pictures when You finish your costume!! Plus of your group ^.~

As for me:
I started my Zelos costume!! - http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=262361

Quantum9
01-25-2005, 06:52 AM
For any ToS cosplayers going to Otakon, I've started a topic in the Otakon forum for a gathering. I'm also working on a possible skit...PM me if you want the details.

Pikacello
01-25-2005, 02:11 PM
My sis and I want to do ToS!!!! ^_______^ I'm so glad there's a big fanbase. We would like to do Raine and Genis, or Raine and Zelos, depending on our resources.

Nyoko
01-28-2005, 01:00 PM
Do it Pikacello!!!!!!! Just who would be Rain out of the two pairs?

janmurphy
02-01-2005, 06:23 AM
Hey all. I finally got around to putting the article for how to make Collette's necklace on the site.
http://janmurphy.tripod.com/index2.htm
BE WARNED its in Japanese, but the pictures are great. If you know how to use resin, or if you can find a site on how to, then you can pretty much fill in the blanks. Thats what I usually do since my japanese sucks *grin*
Theres referance pictures there too if anyone needs em. In the referance section of course.
Have fun!

ravenmist
02-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Anyone know how much pink fabric I should buy for Sheena's costume? I know it wraps around into a bow and then falls to nearly your ankles. 3 yards? Should that be enough? I'm become such a perfectionist on this costume! I'm working on the boot covers right now...boot covers suck. I need to redo them. Thank goodness I have about 2 more yards of purple fabric left to work on. I still need to buy purple stretch fabric for the gloves.

How's everyone elses TOS costume coming along? I have a couple other costumes lined up I want to work on. I may try and squeeze in Raine.

Say, does anyone (yes, so many questions!) know what would be a good thing to use to make Genis' exsphere?? I was thinking of finding some sort of putty that we could make it from and then some sort of glue to keep it on? Does that sound silly or a good idea?

Alrighty. I'm off to wash this fabric and then rework on my boot covers. I still need more items to finish them.
Later.
Have a great day everyone!

Pikacello
02-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Nyoko: My sis would be Raine! She loves her to death. =) She's just such a no-nonsense character with such a big heart! Plus, her outfit rocks!
PS. This guy makes me happy: http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=267811

Asmaria
02-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Anyone know how much pink fabric I should buy for Sheena's costume? I know it wraps around into a bow and then falls to nearly your ankles. 3 yards? Should that be enough? I'm become such a perfectionist on this costume! I'm working on the boot covers right now...boot covers suck. I need to redo them. Thank goodness I have about 2 more yards of purple fabric left to work on. I still need to buy purple stretch fabric for the gloves.

I'd measure around yourself, and tie the tape into a bow(loosely and exxaggeratedly) to see how much it would take. Remember that a thicker amount of fabric would have a larger knot than the tape too. That way you can at least make a guestimate of how much you'd need. It's better also to buy too much to be on the safe side. That's what I'd do anyways. ^_^;

Say, does anyone (yes, so many questions!) know what would be a good thing to use to make Genis' exsphere?? I was thinking of finding some sort of putty that we could make it from and then some sort of glue to keep it on? Does that sound silly or a good idea?

When I did my Zelgadiss costume, I tried to use sculpey to make the stones. But they wouldn't stay on, and the spirit gum was being stupid. What some people have suggested to me though was to use Crayola Model Magic, because it's lighter, and hold it on with nail glue.(the kind you use to hold plastic nails on your fingers. :P ) You could take it off with nailpolish remover. I haven't tried this, and I have no idea how it would react to skin though. I used to get that stuff on my fingers a lot as a kid though, so maybe? If you try it and it works, please let me know! I have one made out of sculpey, but I am thinking it's just best to remake it with model magic. I haven't had time to do any of my own Tales cosplay yet though, because I'm busy with my friend's costumes! *dies*

ravenmist
02-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks Asmaria. The clay sounds like a good idea, although I don't know how much my husband would want to put nail glue on his hand. We'll see. I'll ask around at craft stores and see what everyone comes up with.

I can't wait to finish these costumes! Just a little more left and then I'm done! Too bad we can't go to Katsucon. =( I was so looking forward to debuting them there. Oh wells...there will be other conventions later this year.

Take care.

Nyoko
02-02-2005, 12:26 PM
You could try dubble sided tape as well... Just an idea.

Quantum9
02-02-2005, 12:34 PM
I've put up my photos of Regal. Check them out here.

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=11845&cat=500

ravenmist
02-02-2005, 08:28 PM
I've put up my photos of Regal. Check them out here.

http://images.cosplay.com/showgallery.php?ppuser=11845&cat=500

OO looks good!....*steals the wig* I love that wig!!

RandomPrefect
02-06-2005, 11:51 PM
i finished luna but haven't gotten pictures yet, i still need to make the staff, kratos is being a very naughty costume though, i'm not even sure i'll have it done by anime overdose ;-;
i'll try and get pictures of luna up soon ^^

Nyoko
02-12-2005, 02:59 PM
i finished luna but haven't gotten pictures yet, i still need to make the staff, kratos is being a very naughty costume though, i'm not even sure i'll have it done by anime overdose ;-;
i'll try and get pictures of luna up soon ^^

Of what you have up is very nice! :bigtu: I wanna see it finished! :love:

What Kratos version are you doing?

Emma-J
02-12-2005, 05:04 PM
I would like someone to do Genis, I'm only on this site to admire all the things everyone else does, I so suck at sewing.

chibimaru
02-13-2005, 10:21 AM
I was going to be sheena for the Con. this year :love: ...but to my luck i found other1's that i wanted to be and I'm hoping i can do sheena next year :dance:
:bigtu:

chibimaru
02-13-2005, 10:22 AM
also join teh club i cant sew either :jjacks: :bashful:

Nyoko
02-13-2005, 10:36 AM
I would like someone to do Genis, I'm only on this site to admire all the things everyone else does, I so suck at sewing.

Aww you could alway commision something.

But as far as I know there are people doing Genis, two actully: Me and Ravenmist. check our gallerys

Chibimaru: good luck with sheena when you do it.

Inu-girl4290
02-13-2005, 06:48 PM
I really want to be either Sheena, Celsius, or Luna. I don't know which, but I love thier costumes!

ravenmist
02-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Hey guys and gals, what's up??!!
The Genis costume is practically done, except the black shirt and pants that go under the blue shirt. Right now I'm working on boot covers. Oi. And I have to buy the kendama.
The Sheena costume...I'm working on the pink sash right now. It's very very loooong and I'm hand sewing the whole thing since my sewing machine doesn't work right now. I also bought stuff for the boot covers.
So...hopefully by the end of the week the costumes will be done. If not I'll bring them to DE with me and finish them. I'm still sooo bummed about Katsucon. I hope you guys have fun!! Take tons of pics!
Alrighty, have a good night!

Quantum9
02-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Aww you could alway commision something.

But as far as I know there are people doing Genis, two actully: Me and Ravenmist. check our gallerys

Chibimaru: good luck with sheena when you do it.

Don't forget InSaniTY! T__T She's doing it too! :D

Nyoko
02-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Don't forget InSaniTY! T__T She's doing it too! :D

OH I missed a genis cosplayer?! :thumbsup: oops

Well I got some updates of my Zelos costume up in my gallery.

ravenmist
02-16-2005, 09:13 AM
OH I missed a genis cosplayer?! :thumbsup: oops

Well I got some updates of my Zelos costume up in my gallery.

Your Zelos costume is looking fabulous!! I love it. I love your gloves...how on earth did you do those? They look perfect!
Oh and i'm going to steal your Harvet Moon chik. That thing is too cute. lol.

I'm going to work on my Sheenah costume some more today. It must get done! The only thing I have to hold off on are the boot covers cause I forgot to buy the colored fabric I need. I hope my gloves come out ok.

Well I'm off. Great job with the costumes.
Nyoko, have a great time at Katsucon!!!!

Saki-chan
02-18-2005, 08:25 PM
Hi! I'm planning on cosplaying as Sheena, and I was wondering if I could get a little help on it. It's probably not necessary, but I've got a picture of her here (http://photobucket.com/albums/v661/Saki-chan/?action=view&current=Sheena.jpg). I could especially use some help on the obi. How would I tie it? General help on the glove/sleeve things and the boots would be very helpful as well. Thanks!

chibimaru
02-19-2005, 12:48 PM
this year i was going to be sheena :untrust: but i found other anime charaters i wanted to be :love: but also in a way its money.scence i cant sew i have to comission and i only had enough money to comission 2 costumes.yup yup :bigtu:

Hitokiri Kilik
02-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Whoo! More ToS fans makes me so happy. :3 I'm going to be cosplaying Kratos for Anime Boston 2005. Look for me if anyone goes. o.o;
At some point I also hope to do the following ToS cosplay...

Raine (Acolyte Outfit)
Kratos (Judgement Outfit)
Zelos
Yuan

ravenmist
02-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Hi! I'm planning on cosplaying as Sheena, and I was wondering if I could get a little help on it. It's probably not necessary, but I've got a picture of her here (http://photobucket.com/albums/v661/Saki-chan/?action=view&current=Sheena.jpg). I could especially use some help on the obi. How would I tie it? General help on the glove/sleeve things and the boots would be very helpful as well. Thanks!

I'm not sure how to tie the obi either. I'm just going to make it into a regular bow until I can figure out exactly how to tie it.

The gloves...I'm having issues on the gloves. I need to find better stretchy fabric. The "streth" fabric the girl at the store told me to buy sucks. I've done three different gloves and they all tear or are too tight or whatever. They don't stay on right. Find toy spandex for the gloves! Or some kind of very stretchy fabric. That way they don't have to be perfect, but they'll stretch to how your arms are with no problem.
The boot covers I am currently working on. I just have a pair of black boots I'm using and am adding the fabric to it with hot glue or pins or whatever I need to keep them on. Right now I'm just using tape until I make sure they are 100% how I want them to be.
It's a very easy costume to make actually. If I can make it anyone can make it!!
Good luck!

PsylockeStar
02-24-2005, 05:35 AM
Woooowh! *_*
ToS! *________*
I'm just in love with that game ^^"
Aahn, in fact i'm planning to do a group here *i'm from Brazil* i'll be Lloyd, and we have a Sheena, Genius, Colette (WITH WINGS! *__*), Kratos, Raine, Presea and Magunisu XD
That's cool, because we've done Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Destiny II...
*our ToP group have had Cless, Mint, Arche, Klarth, Chester (me) and Chester's sis ^^, while our ToD II had Farah, Reid, Keele Zeibel(me), Meredy and an "aleatory" Undine XD*

Nyaawh... when you finish your cos, show the photos! =D
I'll try to find some of mine's 'round here okay! =D
Hiha that's it ^^
~Psy~

ravenmist
02-24-2005, 08:24 AM
Ooh that sounds fun!! What a big TOS group you guys have. I hardly know anyone here to start something like that. Though if we move to Florida then I'll have a few more people to join us.
Whenever your group does their costumes post pictures! I'll be working on my Sheena costume some more today so I'll post pics if I can. I completely forgot about her pink sash. lol. So now I have to sew that darn thing. I wish my sewing machine was working!!
Well, later. =)

Nyoko
02-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Ravenmist- its really crazy that your doing that by hand. I could never do that! For that I envy you greatly!

If you can go to otakon, Im Trying to gather a rather large group, theres me as Zelos and my best bud as Kratos. Im trying to talk so of my other friends into going from the game as well.

PsylockeStar: oO holy! what a large group!! you must post pictures when your group os finished with there costumes and together!

Plum Blossom
02-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Whee! Now that Katsucon is done I can start on my Sheena costume ^o^

Hehe... our group for AMA now is Lloyd, Genis, Colette, Raine, Sheena (meeeee), Zelos, Presea, Regal, Kratos, Mithos (when he's a boy), Yuan, and Martel. We're trying to get a big dog and call it Noishe ^^ XD All the people with wings are making wings and our Lloyd is making the Eternal Sword ^^;;

Whee... I'm going to Otakon too with my Sheena costume. And for AUSA I'm planning on being zelos...

ravenmist
02-24-2005, 09:35 PM
Nyoko: I have no choice! My sewing machine is not working so the only way I can dew it is by hand. It is gonna suck...big time. It'll take me a while, but I have a pretty steady hand and am sure I can make a, somewhat decent, straight line.
I don't think we'll be able to make it to Otakon. Well, when is that? Cause my aunt lives about 30 minutes from Baltimore and we could always stay with her the weekend. We'll see.

Plum Blossom: We're trying to go to AMA too!! I hope we can. There's a chance we may not be able to because of my husbands job. He's in the Navy and they're doing some things with the ship come the summer time. We shall see though. I'll let ya know. I will *definitely* wear my Sheena costume there. I wanna wear it so badly! It's so comfy.

Nyoko
02-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Nyoko: I have no choice! My sewing machine is not working so the only way I can dew it is by hand. It is gonna suck...big time. It'll take me a while, but I have a pretty steady hand and am sure I can make a, somewhat decent, straight line.
I don't think we'll be able to make it to Otakon. Well, when is that? Cause my aunt lives about 30 minutes from Baltimore and we could always stay with her the weekend. We'll see.

lol I still could never do it ever if I was forced to. I realy on my sewing machine far to much! (lol that and my glue gun :thumbsup: ) I'm sure its going to look fine!

As for otakon its going to be Aug. 19-21. We are getting a room and depending on how it works out, you can room with us if you decide on going. ^^
- http://www.otakon.com/default2.asp

Splenda
02-25-2005, 01:00 AM
Hello!

Just wanted to say I'm planning on making a Colette costume for Ikasucon, and hopefully I will bring her to Otakon as well. I'd love to get pictures with people at Otakon!

On another note, does anyone have good pictures of Colette with wings? I really want to do a full set of wings for her, but I can't seem to find any large pictures. Thanks!

Nyoko
02-25-2005, 09:14 AM
Hello!

Just wanted to say I'm planning on making a Colette costume for Ikasucon, and hopefully I will bring her to Otakon as well. I'd love to get pictures with people at Otakon!

On another note, does anyone have good pictures of Colette with wings? I really want to do a full set of wings for her, but I can't seem to find any large pictures. Thanks!

^^ Oh Yay!! A Colette!! Er I can actully get some screen shots of her tomarrow and post them asap if you like.

ravenmist
02-25-2005, 09:41 AM
lol I still could never do it ever if I was forced to. I realy on my sewing machine far to much! (lol that and my glue gun :thumbsup: ) I'm sure its going to look fine!

As for otakon its going to be Aug. 19-21. We are getting a room and depending on how it works out, you can room with us if you decide on going. ^^
- http://www.otakon.com/default2.asp

Hmm...we'll see about Otakon. It may be possible. We'll see.
Hey, if you don't mind rooming with a married couple we'll be OK! lol.

I wish my sewing machine was working. I need to save up and get a new one...badly. I sewed my whole Sheena costume. I'll suffer with that sash. I will suffer, but...oh wells. I've got plenty of pink thread to go around! lol.

Nyoko
02-25-2005, 09:55 AM
Hmm...we'll see about Otakon. It may be possible. We'll see.
Hey, if you don't mind rooming with a married couple we'll be OK! lol.

I wish my sewing machine was working. I need to save up and get a new one...badly. I sewed my whole Sheena costume. I'll suffer with that sash. I will suffer, but...oh wells. I've got plenty of pink thread to go around! lol.

lol ok ^^ if you don't mind rooming with a bunch of crazy teens and a few others with minds of a teen. and some people that will stay up till all hours playing ToS (Oo don't know who that could be....)

I wish you the best of luck with that Sash!
And if you do go to otakon, I always bring my sewing machine so feel free to take advantage of it if at some point you need it. ^^

Miaka-li
02-28-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm also planning a Colette costume for a german convention ^-^
Does anyone do her chakrams and has some tips for me? ^^

ravenmist
02-28-2005, 10:35 PM
Nyoko:
We may be moving to FL mid-summer! Well, it's not a bad thing, but it also means we not get a chance to go to cons and meet! There are so few cons in Orlando, FL and sooo many within a two hour drive here in VA.
=(

It's been soooo crazy here trying to figure out what to do.
Well I hope everyone is doing well. I'm off to bed soon. Take care.

Asmaria
03-07-2005, 03:56 AM
I'm working on my friend's Raine costume now! You can see a progress pic:

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=290677

The other sleeve isn't on yet, and I haven't done the collar, but I'm too tired to continue right now. z.z;;

I'm dreading making the actual coat. T_T

Ayame
03-07-2005, 02:02 PM
I would like to do sheena for abunai 2005,though I dunno how hard it is going to get.My sis wants to crossplay as zelos XD!

@BishounennoMiko,and all of you other people who already cosplayed(or going to cosplay) as sheena was/is the outfit hard to make =o?

ravenmist
03-08-2005, 10:02 PM
I would like to do sheena for abunai 2005,though I dunno how hard it is going to get.My sis wants to crossplay as zelos XD!

@BishounennoMiko,and all of you other people who already cosplayed(or going to cosplay) as sheena was/is the outfit hard to make =o?

I'm making a Sheena costume. I've been horribely busy lately and haven't even finished it. It's coming along quite well though. I just need to work on the gloves and boot covers. The robe part was much easier then I thought. I just followed a basic robe pattern and did some alterations to make it the right length and style around the sleeves and neck. It looks ok. I'll try and post pictures when I get more done with the costume.
The outfit is really easy to make as a whole. The only parts giving me problems are the gloves and boot covers. You just have to make sure you get the right kinds of fabric for those. Mine, apparently, are not right and don't work the way I want them to.

Hope this helps! Lots of luck!!

OH and Asmaria: The Raine costuming looks great!! I'm thinking of making a Raine costume later this year too and am, also, dreading trying to make the overcoat. Good luck!

Mekou
03-08-2005, 10:08 PM
I'm making Sheena for March Toronto Anime Con. ^__^ My friend will be going as Lloyd or Raine. <_< She's not sure yet. lol. But I'm gonna prod her lots to make sure she makes one of them! >o<

I'm going as Sheena totally out of the blue. o_O One day I found an image of her and went omg and ...yeah. ^_^ She was added to my cosplay list! I corrupted my friend. Hence why she is joining me in ToS cosplay! XD

Nyoko
03-10-2005, 02:15 PM
lol good luck on everyones ToS cosplays!
Asmaria: progress is looking good!

Ravenmist- Aw man that sucks! well I go down to FL alot because thats were I was born and my family still lives there (that and I love disney world ^^ ) So maybe if I'm ever down there around a con time we could meet up... but then again I am only down there somtimes for x-mas, a week in spring and like a week or two summer. ^^; not sure if there are even cons going on when Im down there...

Bla... need to get back to work on Kratos Judgment commision....

ravenmist
03-10-2005, 11:02 PM
lol good luck on everyones ToS cosplays!
Asmaria: progress is looking good!

Ravenmist- Aw man that sucks! well I go down to FL alot because thats were I was born and my family still lives there (that and I love disney world ^^ ) So maybe if I'm ever down there around a con time we could meet up... but then again I am only down there somtimes for x-mas, a week in spring and like a week or two summer. ^^; not sure if there are even cons going on when Im down there...

Bla... need to get back to work on Kratos Judgment commision....

Dude...if you come to FL let me know anyway! Those plans are still up the air. We may stay here in VA. Who knows right now.

Ooo...a Kratos Judgement costume?? Post pictures! I have off tomorrow and once I'm done running errands and cleaning house I'm going to work on the Sheena costume some more. I've been procrastinating on that sash thing. I am sooo dreading sewing 5 ft. of pink fabric by hand. This is gonna suck, but it has to get done. I need a new sewing machine.

Well I'm off to bed. Good night!!

Mekou
03-23-2005, 09:56 PM
I have a pic of my 90% completed Sheena costume in my gallery. ^__^b Whee!

Eventually my friend will get Lloyd done and we will have a photoshoot together. ^^

Nyoko
03-23-2005, 11:26 PM
Oh yay! ^^ very nice!

Ravemist ^^ sure thing if Im ever paining on going down I'll let you know first thing! and hope everything is going well with the costume. (oh hey you going to the DC sakura festival?)

As soon as the Kratos Judgement costume gets under way I will post pictures. Right now Im only working on the wig as well as an Udine wig.

ravenmist
03-24-2005, 07:09 AM
First off, Mekou-chan, your Sheena costume rocks!! Mine is still not finished. I have been more busy in the last month then I have all year. And I go on vacation tomorrow so I won't be able to work on it this weekend. =(
OH how did you do those gloves? What fabrics did you ues?? I can't find the right stretch fabric at all!

Nyoko: What's the Sakura Festival? Is it really in DC? We probably won't be able to make it. I need all the hours I can get from work before we move. The costume is...eh...read above. I really need to get it finished. I probably will start working on it more after we get back from vacation.

Ok I'm outta here. See y'all in a week! =)

Nyoko
03-24-2005, 10:35 AM
um ya it start on the 26 of March and ends the on the 10 of April
http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/cms/index.php?id=390

AnimeParty
03-24-2005, 11:01 AM
I'm working on a Sheena costume hopefully for Onnacon. I'm a little backed up thou -_-

RoronoaZoro
03-25-2005, 01:57 PM
I was planning to do a Raine cosplay a little later on.

ravenmist
04-11-2005, 09:32 AM
Hey all. How's everyone doing?
Coming along with the Sheena costume. I sewed the sash a little crooked so I need to redo it. No worries, I only did about a foot before I realized I wasn't on the lines I did. lol. When you're on a roll you don't stop! Man I need a new sewing machine. I may just call up my friend and borrow hers. I just can't see myself sewing a 4' long sash!! Ugh.
I'm still having major issues with the boot covers and gloves. Anyone reccomend a cheap boot to use and then just use the fabric over it? I wanted to find a pair of Ugg knockoffs, but I can't find them for less then $30 anywhere around here. I may just E-bay them when I get paid. Hm.
I need more time to work on these costumes.

Anyway, anyone here live in Orlando? Looks like I will be moving there in a couple months. Hope to see some ToS cosplayers at MegaCon and such in Orlando!! =)

Nyoko
04-11-2005, 09:39 AM
I found a pair at target a wile back that were $15.

As for me I started on the mask for Zelos' masked swordsmen title.

ravenmist
04-12-2005, 08:20 PM
I found a pair at target a wile back that were $15.

As for me I started on the mask for Zelos' masked swordsmen title.

Sweet. When payday comes around I need to make a Target run anyway. Maybe I'll get lucky. Doubt it, but ya never know.

Yay on starting the Zelos mask!! Take pictures of your progress. I need to take pics of my Sheena costume, but I have to go through my camera and delete pictures first. The stupid card is full!! lol. I need to just upload everything to the computer and empty it out.

Well, have a good night! I have off tomorrow so I'm gonna try and redo the sash in hopes it comes out straight this time. lol.
Later.

Mekou
04-12-2005, 09:02 PM
>> First off, Mekou-chan, your Sheena costume rocks!!

Thank you! ^_^

>> OH how did you do those gloves? What fabrics did you ues?? I can't find the right stretch fabric at all!

For the purple I used flannelette and for the white tops I used a thick cotton/polyester/spandex blend. ^_^ As for how I made them, well I started out with a long, oversized rectangle and gradually took it in until it fit snugly. XD Um..that's as best as I can describe it. >_<; I'm not all too happy with how they turned out. XD They must get fixed!

ravenmist
04-13-2005, 08:08 AM
For the purple I used flannelette and for the white tops I used a thick cotton/polyester/spandex blend. ^_^ As for how I made them, well I started out with a long, oversized rectangle and gradually took it in until it fit snugly. XD Um..that's as best as I can describe it. >_<; I'm not all too happy with how they turned out. XD They must get fixed!

Oh trust me, they look great! I think I found a solution to my glove problem though without having to actually make the gloves, but I need to be sure first.
I'll keep an eye out for that material. Thanks!!! I can't wait to finish this thing. I was supposed to be done last month, but work put me behind a lot in my costume making. Grr.

Asmaria
04-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Mekou-chan, your Sheena looks good!! :D

I'm just sharing some progress pics on my friend's Raine. I haven't been working as hard as I should have lately. I gotta get crunching, or we'll not be ready in time for A-kon! >o<

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=318864

Today I'm going to make the part that goes over the shoulders. I dunno if I'll have time to work on the trim though, I have a commission to finish first. @_@ Maybe tomorrow.

ravenmist
04-17-2005, 01:47 PM
Mekou-chan, your Sheena looks good!! :D

I'm just sharing some progress pics on my friend's Raine. I haven't been working as hard as I should have lately. I gotta get crunching, or we'll not be ready in time for A-kon! >o<

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=318864

Today I'm going to make the part that goes over the shoulders. I dunno if I'll have time to work on the trim though, I have a commission to finish first. @_@ Maybe tomorrow.

That Raine costume looks great so far! I can't wait to see it when it's finished. I really need to start taking pictures of my Sheena costume. I need to finish it! I've become a big procrastinator lately. lol.
It will get done!

CrimsonNataku
04-23-2005, 08:39 AM
My sister and I have played and completed the Tales of Symphonia game multiple times. She and I both loved it so we decided to make some of the costumes. My sister, who is younger will be cosplaying as Genis and I will be Raine. We're going to wear them at Anime Boston 2005.

In the future, we plan to do a Yuan (me) and Kratos (my sister).

RandomPrefect
04-26-2005, 03:28 AM
Of what you have up is very nice! :bigtu: I wanna see it finished! :love:

What Kratos version are you doing?
i'm doing his white judgment (?) outfit... finaly starrted it today, i'm such a freaking slacker :p
lfinished luna picks should be up by the end of may at the latest ^^

eggy
04-27-2005, 09:26 AM
ooooh!!! i love that game! ^_^
I'd love to see someone dressed up like that!!
:jjacks:

Umi
04-27-2005, 12:33 PM
*Squeal* Siblings cosplaying Raine and Genis. I love it! =D

My sister and I have played and completed the Tales of Symphonia game multiple times. She and I both loved it so we decided to make some of the costumes. My sister, who is younger will be cosplaying as Genis and I will be Raine. We're going to wear them at Anime Boston 2005.

In the future, we plan to do a Yuan (me) and Kratos (my sister).

CrimsonNataku
04-27-2005, 01:52 PM
*Squeal* Siblings cosplaying Raine and Genis. I love it! =D

Yeah, we had fun making them ^_^

Kirara_Power
05-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Yes! I'm going to A-Kon 2005 as Presea, (Little short person with pink hair and BIG Ax.) Execpt I'm really tall. Oh, well. I will not let that stand in my way!!

Princess_Garnet
05-03-2005, 08:39 PM
I'm cosplaying Luna later on this year with my friend [member FantasyNinja] as Celsius. Yes, it will rock. haha XDD

CrimsonNataku
05-04-2005, 08:11 PM
I'm trying to convince a group of friends to do a Tales of Symphonia group cosplay next year for AB'06 (Yeah, I know it's more than a year away). They all seem pretty enthusiastic, only not everyone's keen on playing a "GameCube RPG" *rolls eyes* If I can just convince them to play, then I'll be all set. Even if the group idea falls through, my sister and I will still cosplay as Yuan and Kratos. But if it does work out, I think this is what the line up will look like:

Me - Yuan
My sister - Kratos
Keith - Lloyd
Ittai - Possibly: Botta or Forcystus
Emily - Mithos
Kate - Martel

Again, thinking way ahead here, but since this group might take a little more than a nudge, better sooner than later.

ravenmist
05-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Hey, you can never plan too early! I hope all your friends get a chance to play ToS. It's such a great game. It is my only reason now to have my GameCube. I will never ever get rid of this game.
Hopefully by this weekend my Sheena costume will be just about done. I have been slacking off majorly with this costume. It was supposed to be done two months ago! lol. Slow and steady I guess.
Good luck with your cosplay group!! I may have to make my sister a costume now cause I'm taking her to her first con in August! Yay! She wants to wear my Akane (Ranma 1/2) costume. Fun fun.

Fireshark
05-04-2005, 08:55 PM
I'm trying to convince a group of friends to do a Tales of Symphonia group cosplay next year for AB'06 .....

OOoh, I'm jealous. A group for ToS! *drool* :D I'd like to get a group together too, on the west coast. Great fun.

---

But what I really wanted to post about is to ask if anyone has their thinking-caps on about making the wings in this game (the multicolor ones). I was problem-solving it with clear plastic as the main ingrediant... like faking stained glass on the various panels. Hmmm.

CrimsonNataku
05-05-2005, 06:45 AM
OOoh, I'm jealous. A group for ToS! *drool* :D I'd like to get a group together too, on the west coast. Great fun.

---

But what I really wanted to post about is to ask if anyone has their thinking-caps on about making the wings in this game (the multicolor ones). I was problem-solving it with clear plastic as the main ingrediant... like faking stained glass on the various panels. Hmmm.

Yes! Same here, I've been trying to figure it out for my sister's Kratos costume... I don't have very good experience with crafting things so I was thinking about using wire and colored plastic wrap or translucent fabric. I'm worried though that it won't be sturdy enough...

Fireshark
05-05-2005, 08:19 AM
Yes! Same here, I've been trying to figure it out for my sister's Kratos costume... I don't have very good experience with crafting things so I was thinking about using wire and colored plastic wrap or translucent fabric. I'm worried though that it won't be sturdy enough...

Yeah, one bump and all your hard work is wrecked. :/ Hmmm. The plastic wrap is kind of an interesting idea. It all relies on that wire, then, in that case... I'll bet the fabric would be much more sturdy. Maybe for each 'feather' run one long wire or curved plastic rod up the spine, and drape the fabric downwards off of it? That might work...

CrimsonNataku
05-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Yeah, one bump and all your hard work is wrecked. :/ Hmmm. The plastic wrap is kind of an interesting idea. It all relies on that wire, then, in that case... I'll bet the fabric would be much more sturdy. Maybe for each 'feather' run one long wire or curved plastic rod up the spine, and drape the fabric downwards off of it? That might work...

Using that method, it also would give the wings that sort of detached look, like it's just hovering over the back... If you did it just right, of course.

RandomPrefect
05-05-2005, 01:03 PM
I'm cosplaying Luna later on this year with my friend [member FantasyNinja] as Celsius. Yes, it will rock. haha XDD
power to the summon spirits ^^
i wish i had time to do undine after i finish luna ;-;
can't wait to see your costumes
*goes back to slaving over kratos's costume*

CrimsonNataku
05-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Dear lord...

I never knew that my friend was so ambitious! Okay, well I talked to one of my friends about doing a Tales of Symphonia cosplay. He was enthusiastic and so we started to talk about possible costumes. I showed him some pictures and he told me that he would like to cosplay as either Kratos in his Judgement costume, Yggdrasil, or ...Origin ^_^;;; Talk about crazy, the guy can't sew for his life! He's not really that fit either... What to do? He asked me to make the costume for him, but I wouldn't know where to start with any of the three mentioned. I'm still having difficulty sorting out what to do for my Yuan cosplay.

Stepping back and examining the possibilities, Kratos in his Judgement costume seems the one most likely. Even so... Any assistance with this dilemma would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still in shock about him suggesting he cosplay as Origin o_O

Fireshark
05-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Dear lord...

I never knew that my friend was so ambitious! Okay, well I talked to one of my friends about doing a Tales of Symphonia cosplay. He was enthusiastic and so we started to talk about possible costumes. I showed him some pictures and he told me that he would like to cosplay as either Kratos in his Judgement costume, Yggdrasil, or ...Origin ^_^;;; Talk about crazy, the guy can't sew for his life! He's not really that fit either... What to do? He asked me to make the costume for him, but I wouldn't know where to start with any of the three mentioned. I'm still having difficulty sorting out what to do for my Yuan cosplay.

Stepping back and examining the possibilities, Kratos in his Judgement costume seems the one most likely. Even so... Any assistance with this dilemma would be greatly appreciated.

I'm still in shock about him suggesting he cosplay as Origin o_O

Hahaha. Origin. Wow. That'd be... umm. Interesting I guess. You'd have to make a set of fake arms. That's... a difficult costume let alone with that added bit. ;)

As for all three that you mentioned... I was looking at the Monster List in the game to see if you could get a good look at the costumes... and you can! And you can zoom in (sort of) and turn them around to see the backs of the costume. Rather handy! Yuan's in tehre, he's like #242 or so. Of the costumes you listed, I think Yggdrasil or his 'other' costume would be easiest for you (I won't give the Spoiler here!). :)

RandomPrefect
05-05-2005, 09:27 PM
if you made an orgin costume... i would die... the most pleasant death ^^
i'd go with yggdrasil, the only reason i chose kratos was... well because hes sexy and its a costume for my boyfriend... 2+2= 4 =P

ravenmist
05-06-2005, 07:51 AM
if you made an orgin costume... i would die... the most pleasant death ^^
i'd go with yggdrasil, the only reason i chose kratos was... well because hes sexy and its a costume for my boyfriend... 2+2= 4 =P

RandomPrefect (sorry, don't know your name)...how's your Luna costume coming along??

Oh...you're doing a Rose Bride costume too! I'm so jealous. I would love to do that costume, but I wouldn't know where to begin. I may just do a Nanami duelist costume. She's my favorite.

CrimsonNataku
05-06-2005, 08:06 AM
Hahaha. Origin. Wow. That'd be... umm. Interesting I guess. You'd have to make a set of fake arms. That's... a difficult costume let alone with that added bit. ;)

As for all three that you mentioned... I was looking at the Monster List in the game to see if you could get a good look at the costumes... and you can! And you can zoom in (sort of) and turn them around to see the backs of the costume. Rather handy! Yuan's in tehre, he's like #242 or so. Of the costumes you listed, I think Yggdrasil or his 'other' costume would be easiest for you (I won't give the Spoiler here!). :)

Oh, that helps alot. I didn't know you could do that with the Monster List. That should make it easier... I hope ^_^;

RandomPrefect
05-06-2005, 05:06 PM
RandomPrefect (sorry, don't know your name)...how's your Luna costume coming along??

Oh...you're doing a Rose Bride costume too! I'm so jealous. I would love to do that costume, but I wouldn't know where to begin. I may just do a Nanami duelist costume. She's my favorite.
my names yoshi , but randomprefect works too =P
my luna costume is a staff away from completion if i weren't working on kratos it'd be done tomarrow but alas i have other costumes to do.
yay utena ^^
its a very odd costume to make the skirt alone used almost 12 yrds, due to the fact that i used two layers of fabric to get the perfecty colour, but its worth it :heart:
nanami is awesome, i'd love to do her costume some day.

RandomPrefect
05-06-2005, 07:42 PM
sorry for double posting but.... kratos' wig is finished ^^
i posted them in in my photos if you wanna look

Fireshark
05-06-2005, 07:46 PM
sorry for double posting but.... kratos' wig is finished ^^
i posted them in in my photos if you wanna look

Yeah, let us know when you put up new pictures! :) :)

MysticCosplayer
05-07-2005, 12:53 AM
my friend and i were goign to do a Tales Of Symphonia closplay.
-my friend Joel was ganna be Lloyd
- I was ganna be Sheena
but joel had to move to Arizonia so we never got to go to NDK together or go as them ...but probably this year or next year i'm goign to be sheena for sure!

Umi
05-08-2005, 02:22 AM
Hm just thought I'd share my Presea progress picture. Finally finished the dress, which is easy enough just I've had limited time to work on it =D Ignore my tiredness in this pic ^^v

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=332859

ravenmist
05-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Hm just thought I'd share my Presea progress picture. Finally finished the dress, which is easy enough just I've had limited time to work on it =D Ignore my tiredness in this pic ^^v

So far so good! I can't wait to see how the rest of it comes along.
Yay. =)
I was finally going to take pics of my Sheena costume, but something odd is wrong with my digital camera. It's just not taking pictures very well. I think the flash is all screwed up. Hm. I may have to take pics with my regular camera and wait to develope them and just scan them later. Ugh. What a hassle.

Fireshark
05-08-2005, 06:16 PM

It's funny, you match the bathroom really well colorwise! Just kidding. :)
Nice progress, looks like it's coming along nicely. I can't wait to see what you do about her hair!

CrimsonNataku
05-10-2005, 08:54 PM
It's official. My group of friends have agreed to cosplay as Tales of Symphonia characters! We're already organizing meetings and the guys are coming over my house to actually play the game and see what they've gotten themselves into ^_^. So far we only have three definites. Four others are still undecided. I'll be seeing them soon and showing them pictures so they can make their decisions. Until then, this is the line up for the ones who have agreed:

Jen (Me) - Yuan
Sam (My sister) - Sheena w/ Corrine
Ittai - Kratos
Keith - Kratos (Judgement Costume)

I was surprised when my sister wanted to be Sheena, since she had expressed an interest in making a complicated costume. That's before I found out that she's going to make a Corrine to go with her costume ^_^;. If you add THAT, well that makes it pretty complicated.

As I mentioned earlier, the girls are still undecided, but this is the possible line up for them just by talking to them:

Michelle - Collette
Kate - Raine
Emily - Genis
Isabelle - Lloyd

The above list is constantly subject to change, but hopefully I will be able to post up the complete, official line up soon.

The one thing that's going to kill me is that not many of these guys and girls know how to sew. Keith said he could help with the props but that was about it. Which means, I might end having to make at least part of their costumes in addition to mine ^_^; At least I know my sister will be making her own...

ravenmist
05-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Yay! That sounds like a great group you have going there. Good luck with getting all the costumes together. And *please* let me know how y'all are doing a Corrine! I was thinking of making a plushie myself, but I've never made one so I wouldn't know where to begin!!
Again, good luck with the costumes!! Hope your group has a great time.

Kirin-Riki
05-10-2005, 10:28 PM
wahh, everytime i think of tales of symphonia i think of when the "chosen one" and party go to the tower thinghy...

CrimsonNataku
05-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Yay! That sounds like a great group you have going there. Good luck with getting all the costumes together. And *please* let me know how y'all are doing a Corrine! I was thinking of making a plushie myself, but I've never made one so I wouldn't know where to begin!!
Again, good luck with the costumes!! Hope your group has a great time.

No problem ^_^. I will keep you posted on the progress of the other costumes, especially Corrine. My sister has never made a plushie specifically before, but she's made stuffed animals which helps. She's thinking about getting a stuffed animal pattern of a fox and adapting it... I don't how she's going to do that, but that's her plan right now.

ravenmist
05-11-2005, 07:05 AM
No problem ^_^. I will keep you posted on the progress of the other costumes, especially Corrine. My sister has never made a plushie specifically before, but she's made stuffed animals which helps. She's thinking about getting a stuffed animal pattern of a fox and adapting it... I don't how she's going to do that, but that's her plan right now.

Well good luck to her!! Thanks for keeping postings. That'd be great. It'd be the perfect item to complete my Sheena costume. I kinda have an idea of how I want to make it, but still not confident enough that it'll work.
Again, good luck!!

Fireshark
05-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Well good luck to her!! Thanks for keeping postings. That'd be great. It'd be the perfect item to complete my Sheena costume. I kinda have an idea of how I want to make it, but still not confident enough that it'll work.
Again, good luck!!

Oh, a little summon plush is perfect. Make sure it has a bell!

I'm working on Zelos... and a problem came up. The gloves. I need black long gloves that hit the upper arm. And I'm male. I'm pretty thin, but. Am I forced to make these? I get a feeling they likely will be hard to find. Should I buy short black ones and add extensions up the arms? Any ideas?

Nyoko
05-11-2005, 07:03 PM
Oh boy did I miss alot of what?......

Fireshark: just get a pair of large ones. you can get opra langth gloves in meny sizes and there spandex so they will fit, your biggest worry should be the hand/finger part and not the arm.

As for an up date on my Masked Swordsmen Zelos costume: I got Paper mache the other day to finish the mask and it didn't dry right so I need to go get plaster and use that.... Im planing on doing that tomarrow. That way I'll have it done tomarrow and get pictures to show you all Friday. Got the New Zelos wig and its almost done with styling. well tahts all... later! (this time I will actully keep up with this thread...)

Fireshark
05-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Oh boy did I miss alot of what?......

Fireshark: just get a pair of large ones. you can get opra langth gloves in meny sizes and there spandex so they will fit, your biggest worry should be the hand/finger part and not the arm.

Hmmmmm, okay. Do I go to a bridal place or something for that? I've been poking around online and that seems to be who has 'em. Is that where you got yours? Yours look good. :)

ravenmist
05-11-2005, 09:29 PM
Hmmmmm, okay. Do I go to a bridal place or something for that? I've been poking around online and that seems to be who has 'em. Is that where you got yours? Yours look good. :)

Bridal shops or anywhere that sells prom dresses and accessories should have TONS of gloves to chose from! Hopefully you shouldn't have any problems finding what you need. Lots of luck.

BTW your Shredder costume is perfect! Brings back many fond memories. =)
Is that you in the Roy costume as well? Again, looks perfect! He's one of my favorite characters to be in SSB.

Fireshark
05-11-2005, 11:35 PM
Bridal shops or anywhere that sells prom dresses and accessories should have TONS of gloves to chose from! Hopefully you shouldn't have any problems finding what you need. Lots of luck. .

Cool, that helps, I'll find me a bridal shop and some courage, ha ha. :>

BTW your Shredder costume is perfect! Brings back many fond memories. =)
Is that you in the Roy costume as well? Again, looks perfect! He's one of my favorite characters to be in SSB.
Heh, yes, that's me in both, and I made both costumes. *blush* ^_^ Thank you very much!
I got my Zelos fabric today. I didn't want to go 'PINK!!!' with the salmon colored part, and since I couldn't find the EXACT color in a stretchy fabric... I leaned to a more vermillion hue. I'd rather lean darker and more vibrant than I would lighter and less orange: just a personal preference. It's actually a wonderful fabric, really nice, so I have no problem being a little on the dark side of the shade. I must have spent ages in that fabric store today, though. ;)
I'm so ready to start! Haha XD
This is what I ended up getting... (see link) http://www.sonic.net/krewine/BM/newcloth.jpg

Nyoko
05-12-2005, 08:14 AM

Bridal Shops, Places the sell prom items such as Iceing (thats were I got mine and thanks for the complament) or online stores and e-bay should have them.

I like you color choices.

ravenmist
05-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Cool, that helps, I'll find me a bridal shop and some courage, ha ha. :>

You'll find the courage to walk into thet bridal shop! lol. Fair warning...they're very friendly people. I know from experience. Sometimes...a little kooky. But just explain what you need and someone will find it for you.

Heh, yes, that's me in both, and I made both costumes. *blush* ^_^ Thank you very much!

Good talent must be acknowledged! I wish I could sew like that. I know what costumes I want to make, but I really don't even know where to begin with them!! I have a long line of costumes I want to do, but where to start...no clue!

This is what I ended up getting... (see link) http://www.sonic.net/krewine/BM/newcloth.jpg

It looks like you're all set to go! The colors look nice. If you need a hand...talk to Nyoko. lol. Her Zelos costume looks great (sooo mad I didn't get to see it in person!)

Good luck!! =)

SolarVortex
05-12-2005, 08:54 AM
I did at some point manage to start and complete my Sheena costume. With my low skill level and being a first year cosplayer, I was quite impressed with how it turned out... unfortnatly,I have no photo documentation of this event, because in the process of putting it on to wear it.. I discovered how awefully horrible I looked in a black- purple tinted- wig.

Nyoko
05-12-2005, 05:45 PM
SolarVortex: Aw show us!! please! just take a picture without the wig on...

Hehe Im painting the Mask right now but here it is unpainted-

Fireshark
05-12-2005, 06:54 PM

Shoooow us. Shoooooow us. :) Maybe even makeup or darkening the eyebrows would help with the wig?

Nyoko:
Great! What is it made of? Looks like styrofoam.... maybe plaster? Looks mostly like styrofoam. Hope it won't get chipped... o.o

Nyoko
05-12-2005, 07:55 PM
its foam with a thin layer of plaster to keep it's shape then it got coats of Matte Medium to make it smooth.

Fireshark
05-13-2005, 03:28 AM
its foam with a thin layer of plaster to keep it's shape then it got coats of Matte Medium to make it smooth.

Oh good! I was worried for you there for a minute. :D I should've known better :>

ravenmist
05-13-2005, 06:36 AM

Hehe Im painting the Mask right now but here it is unpainted-

Nyoko it looks great so far! You are so good at all this stuff. I have three costumes I need to make and NO clue as to even what fabric to use. lol.
Can't wait to see your mask all painted up. =)

SolarVortex
05-13-2005, 07:39 AM
Wow, that isa nice mask! I'm impressed.

Sure, sure. Later today, I will see about getting someone to take a picture of me wearing my already retired Sheena costume, lol. ^.^ So with any luck I will have them posted up sometime tonight, or atleast by tomorrow morning.

Umi
05-13-2005, 09:33 AM
Ah... you know I've been too wrapped up in cosplay to play more of ToS when I haven't even seen Zelos' masked swordsman costume. Kinda OT, but how do you get that title?

Anyways I agree the mask is spiffy. Hehe... and as is you could use it for a Vega cosplay from Street Fighter =D

Nyoko
05-13-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the complaments on the mask I will have pictures of it finished up tomarrow.

Umi: you get the title after you enter and beat the turnament the first time, go back to Zelos' house and you get the title. (I'm not sure if Zelso has to be entered in one or not I always used Zelos so... ^^;

CrimsonNataku
05-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Just thought I would let people know that I finally figured out how to reduce the size of photos (the ones I took were like 2.33 MB ^_^; ) and now I have photos of me and my sister cosplaying as Raine and Genis. They're in my photo gallery. All but one of them are in the album titled "Kyoodai no Cosplay" We took a lot of them so beware ^_^;

One more thing concerning the photos. We aren't wearing wigs, and there's a reason for that. Mainly, my sister hates them. And I thought it would be odd if only one of the siblings had white hair. Another reason is that I might be allergic to the material that comes in contact with the scalp in a wig. My mom is, so there's a chance I might too. Other than that, our costumes are as accurate as we could make them (which is pretty accurate since we're a perfectionist family ^_^; ). Hope you enjoy!

Fireshark
05-13-2005, 03:28 PM
Now I have photos of me and my sister cosplaying as Raine and Genis. !

They're wonderful! (Sorry I made a comment about being curious re: the wigs, I hadn't seen this post yet.) That's unfortunate about the hair, but ah well. the costumes speak for themselves! Where will you wear them? :)

Nyoko
05-13-2005, 04:31 PM
looling good CrimsonNataku! ^^

Fireshark
05-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Rrrg. I'm trying to decide what color I want to go with for my Zelos wig. I really like this one: http://store.cosplay.com/product_image.php?imageid=333
But it's on the dark side. Then again, my salmon fabric leans dark. Should I get pure red instead? I always think the bright red looks so fakey; but it's closer to his color. Any opinions would help a lot! ^_^ :thumbsup:

Nyoko
05-13-2005, 04:56 PM
With the 2nd Zelos wig I got the Linda XXL in a henna Red and its almost perfict exsept for being a bit long (bet hey Im a shorty) and it will require little styleing.
I tend to not like the fake looking colors and try go go with natural colors with my cosplays and the Henna Red turend out to be a nice comprimize between Zelos' red hair and a real looking color.

My first wig you can see in my gallery was a copper red but it was just a bit to Kratos color reather the Zelos color so thats why I got a new wig but Im rather happy with the new one's henna color.

Fireshark
05-13-2005, 05:03 PM
With the 2nd Zelos wig I got the Linda XXL in a henna Red and its almost perfict exsept for being a bit long (bet hey Im a shorty) and it will require little styleing.
I tend to not like the fake looking colors and try go go with natural colors with my cosplays and the Henna Red turend out to be a nice comprimize between Zelos' red hair and a real looking color.

My first wig you can see in my gallery was a copper red but it was just a bit to Kratos color reather the Zelos color so thats why I got a new wig but Im rather happy with the new one's henna color.

I'm glad to hear that! Yay, someone agrees with me. :D Plus, my hair is naturally a kind of dark brownish-red. I'm leaning towards get the Henna Red in Natalie XL. (http://store.cosplay.com/product.php?productid=16445&cat=304&page=1)
Thanks, that helps, Nyoko. :> Actually, I think this is my first costume that I haven't gotten really testosterone-fillled-competitive over (I dunno why I do that sometimes..). I'd actually really like to take a picture with other Zeloses. That'd be cool. ^_^

Any way I can pester you for a pic of your Henna red wig? Or is it really close to this? http://store.cosplay.com/product_image.php?imageid=333

Nyoko
05-13-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm glad to hear that! Yay, someone agrees with me. :D Plus, my hair is naturally a kind of dark brownish-red. I'm leaning towards get the Henna Red in Natalie XL. (http://store.cosplay.com/product.php?productid=16445&cat=304&page=1)
Thanks, that helps, Nyoko. :> Actually, I think this is my first costume that I haven't gotten really testosterone-fillled-competitive over (I dunno why I do that sometimes..). I'd actually really like to take a picture with other Zeloses. That'd be cool. ^_^

No prob! ^^ Glad to help!! :heart:
There really arnt that meny people who do cosplay as Zelos sad as it is... :lost: he gets no love!

Realistic colored wigs, I think, give a costume an extra edge and really help bring a character to life.

Ya I was looking at that one when I was trying to fine a new wig. I went with linda XXL because it gave me extra langht to play around with.

Lol at so my thoughts jump around... :p

Fireshark
05-13-2005, 05:44 PM
No prob! ^^ Glad to help!! :heart:
There really arnt that meny people who do cosplay as Zelos sad as it is... :lost: he gets no love!

Realistic colored wigs, I think, give a costume an extra edge and really help bring a character to life.

Ya I was looking at that one when I was trying to fine a new wig. I went with linda XXL because it gave me extra langht to play around with.

Lol at so my thoughts jump around... :p

Well, he is wearing.. pink. That nearly stopped me from cosplaying him. ;) But not quite!
Ahhh, yeah, that's true... I like the curliness of the natalie one... was it worth it to get the extra length?

CrimsonNataku
05-13-2005, 06:14 PM
They're wonderful! (Sorry I made a comment about being curious re: the wigs, I hadn't seen this post yet.) That's unfortunate about the hair, but ah well. the costumes speak for themselves! Where will you wear them? :)

Right now, since our parents aren't that keen on traveling long distances to go to anime conventions, the two of us are sticking to the New England area. We will definitely where them at Anime Boston 06. That's also where my group of friends will first wear their costumes as well (hopefully we can get the girls to commit).

Glad you like the costumes though, we had fun making them!

Nyoko
05-13-2005, 06:33 PM
Aww. well if you every make your why to a con a bit more far south let me know! ^^

The mask will not be finished untill Mon. because My grandmas in the hospital am I need to drive north to Philly,PA to check on her...

Fireshark
05-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Right now, since our parents aren't that keen on traveling long distances to go to anime conventions, the two of us are sticking to the New England area.

You east coasters! I'm west coast... Unlikely we'd ever be at teh same convention, as I don't really travel too much at all. Too bad! ... guess that means you guys just need to post more pictures! :p

ravenmist
05-13-2005, 06:54 PM
Nyoko: Take care on your trip to Philly. Many strong and healthy vibes to your grandmother. (((((Hugs)))) Hopefully by Monday my Sheena costume will be almost done, except the boot covers cause I have no boots to use. lol. Anyway, have a safe trip! A lot of my family is near Philly too.

CrimsonNataku
05-13-2005, 07:13 PM
You east coasters! I'm west coast... Unlikely we'd ever be at teh same convention, as I don't really travel too much at all. Too bad! ... guess that means you guys just need to post more pictures! :p

I will make sure I do that ^_^ I do have relatives in California though, so maybe some time in the future I can get my parents to visit them when there's a con... Wishful thinking but hey, one can still try.

ravenmist
05-13-2005, 07:17 PM
lol. Are all of us but Fireshark on the East coast?
I'll be moving back to FL temporarily soon. Hopefully I can debut my Sheena costume there. My sis wants to do a Ranma 1/2 group and wants to use my Akane costume so I *guess* I'll do that. lol. She's never been to a con before. Fun fun. =)

SolarVortex
05-14-2005, 07:49 PM
Hehe, I finally got around to taking pictures of my Sheena costume that I did make. Like I said, I couldn't wear the black wig with my skin tone, and I am still a noobie cosplayer. ^.^

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=336206

Nyoko
05-14-2005, 08:31 PM
Ya I think alot of us are east coast cosplayers. Heh actully in like 2-3 years I'll be in florda to finish up school. But I've been trying to get to yaoi-con but things just seem to get in the way every year...

Anyway My grandma got dischared today so now we're in Franklan PA untell morning then we are heading back with my grandma to keep an eye one here.
Blah- allergys are acting up real back with all the cats around ~.~ thanks for the well wishes Ravenmist!

Fireshark- Yes it was worth it because I can really play with it how I want it.

SolarVortex- Very nice for a noobie cosplay. You really don't wanna see my first cosplay ~.~ real bad... and that was with help... ^^;

Well if all goes well I will try to have the pictures up when I get back (I got most of it painted it just need one or two coats of paint.

ravenmist
05-15-2005, 10:49 AM
Welcome back Nyoko. Glad to hear your grandmother is doing well. And sorry about your allergies. Mine are just seasonal, but they've been acting up for the past month. Ugh.

SolarVortex: Love your Sheena costume!! I had to tear apart my old gloves and now I'm remaking them. I sewed them inside-out and didn't realize it until it was too late and I couldn't fix them. Grr. Stupid gloves.
Anyway, great costume!

Nyoko
05-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Mine are mostly from the pollen but the cat hair from all the cats my grandma has was causeing me to not breath right and for course I left my inhaler at home ~.~;

Well its to late for me to get a picture up tonight (or this morning, how ever you look at it) So I'll put it up later

Nyoko
05-16-2005, 09:43 PM
^^ok here it is almost done. there are some places that need fix ups with paint but thats about it. :bigtu:

ravenmist
05-17-2005, 07:20 PM
^^ok here it is almost done. there are some places that need fix ups with paint but thats about it. :bigtu:

Looks good so far!
Glove one redone is just about finished. I *NEED* my sewing machine back!!! This would be so much easier if it worked.

CrimsonNataku
05-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Sorry for not giving my input sooner, I was on vacation with my family. I really like the progress on everyone's costumes! It just shows how much I love to plan things but procrastinate in actually putting it in action ^_^;

Fireshark
05-21-2005, 10:29 PM
I'm making grand progress on my Zelos stuff; mostly done with the gloves. I need to figure out what to do for the buttons though. Not sure. :/ Once I get those I'll put up some pictures of the gloves and vest ^_^
I also can't decide if I want to make the pants or find some white pants to alter. Siigh.

Nyoko
05-21-2005, 10:45 PM
it really all depends on your skill level and how good you fell about your skill level.
as for "buttons", for the gloves? they have those button covers you could use (or do what I did and use actual buttons then build off that.)

ravenmist
05-23-2005, 08:52 AM
I fixed my sewing machine!! I don't know how, but I did! Now I can make these costumes with ease. =)
Yay! Ok...I'm off. Later.

Nyoko
05-23-2005, 08:33 PM
YAY!! Does that mean we can exspect pictures soon?! :P

ravenmist
05-23-2005, 09:14 PM
YAY!! Does that mean we can exspect pictures soon?! :P

I sure hope so!! I'm having some issues threading the bobbin. I think my machine needs to be oiled and cleaned up a little. I have off tomorrow so I'll be working on it all day. Hopefully I'll figure it out. My mom swears she gave me the instruction book, but I can't find it anywhere. I'll let ya know if I post pictures. I'm so so frustrated these costumes are taking me so much longer then expected to finish. Hopefully it'll be easier for me to finish them now.

Nyoko
05-23-2005, 11:07 PM
its ok, we understand. Actully I can't make anymore progress on my Zelos for a bit because I am going down to FL for a little over a month starting the first week of june.

ravenmist
05-24-2005, 09:29 AM
its ok, we understand. Actully I can't make anymore progress on my Zelos for a bit because I am going down to FL for a little over a month starting the first week of june.

Aww. Hey, where in FL? I'm moving to Orlando in July and staying with family for a while. I'm planning to go to a couple conventions, but I'm hoping my sister will be able to take the time off to go with me.
Good luck with your Zelos costume. Every little bit you can work on it would be great.
Well I need to get something to eat. Been up all morning and no breakfast yet. lol.
TTYL

Zelos_Wilder
05-24-2005, 10:28 AM
YES! You must all give me picturessssss!
MUWAHAHHAA
*cough* ._.
seriously >_>; I wanna see ;-;