PDA

View Full Version : Dead or Alive at CN '04

Michi
08-02-2004, 04:56 PM
Okay so last time I tried to organize a fighting game cosplay group for a Canadian con, nobody replied... XD But I wanted to see if I'd have any more luck with this one. Considering DOA is done less in large numbers than KOF is (the last game I tried), I don't expect a response... But I can at least try! XO

So yeah. I'm bringing my DOA2 Kasumi costume. That's really the only costume I think I'll be wearing, unless I wanna wear my KOF '99 Athena or if I get my blue Mai done. ^^; But I recently fixed up my Kasumi and I wanna wear it more, so yeah. :D
Oh, and providing we find the top for it my boyfriend will be with me as Ein. So even if there's no group at least we'll have a duet. ;_;

...Or maybe I should try for a KOF group again? XD

Jo_Canadian
08-02-2004, 09:30 PM
i have been looking for a reason to dress up as bayman if you want someone to dress up with

Michi
08-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Yay three person group! XD Haha I dunno when we'll even wear Kasumi and Ein, though. We'll try to figure something out before the con. I hope other people are suddenly inspired to dress up in DOA costumes. ;_;

Jo_Canadian
08-02-2004, 10:38 PM
hey three person group is better then no person group, hell i dunno if there is even gonna be enough room in my suitcase for anything but my costumes

Michi
08-02-2004, 11:03 PM
Do you have any preference on a day? ^_^;

Jo_Canadian
08-02-2004, 11:55 PM
uh well what day would you like, just cant do saturday

Infini
08-03-2004, 01:07 AM
I AM suddenly inspired to dress up in DOA costumes because of this thread. :)

I have a slightly sad Lei-Fang costume that isn't quite finished. I'm not entirely sure if I can go to CN yet, but if I do go I would love to have DOA stuff.

The only thing not done on my costume is the phoenix on the back of the dress, which is easily solved by not having any pictures of the back of my costume taken. It took me about 5 hours to paint the one on the front, and I really do not want to do that again...besides, I ran out of the right color paint and can't find it anymore.

However, if you don't mind the notcompleteness of my costume, I will wear it if I go. I will go if I have a paycheck on the 27th. I will only be there on Saturday, or sunday possibly. If I do go.

-Infini
Sorry about my lack of knowing what is happening.

Michi
08-03-2004, 01:08 AM
So... Friday DOA 'gathering' then. XD I hope I can nab other people. >_>

Infini
08-03-2004, 01:10 AM
Noooo!

Oh well. I tried... :)

Jo_Canadian
08-03-2004, 01:14 AM
lol dont worry about it infini, lol and friday should be good, sweet god i now have 3 costumes to wear on friday

Michi
08-03-2004, 01:17 AM
Oh! Infini! I didn't even see your post once mine got up. I'm sorry! XD I'm sure my boyfriend and I can rewear our costumes Saturday morning too or something. I'd love to get photos with more DOA people. I missed out on two DOA cosplayers I was supposed to pose with at AX, so... ^^;

Infini
08-03-2004, 03:06 AM
Okay! I will try to make it to CN, and I'll post here before the con about whether I will have enough earth moneys to come or not. (I do see that your post was almost at the exact same time as mine, so it is okay!)

-Infini

Killmesarah
08-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Hmmm.... I might be able to pull off a Lei-feng costume.
I was even considering wearing one of my old Rocky Horror costumes!

S-san

Jo_Canadian
08-03-2004, 04:52 PM
hey michi are you ok with me doing the black assasin costume, you know the one where hes got the black markings on his face

Michi
08-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Yay more DOA cosplayers! :D :D :D More more more XD

Black Assassin? Errr... I have no idea what that is. ^^; It's not in DOA2, right? That's the only DOA game I've played. ;_;

Jo_Canadian
08-03-2004, 11:54 PM
if you look through all baymens costumes he has an all black costume and black markings on his face

Infini
08-04-2004, 12:07 AM
I almost have a C4 Ayane costume, but I've been having trouble with the blue top, since it looks knit. If I can sort that out maybe I'll wear it, and save Lei-fang as a backup costume.

I'll find out if I can come after I start my new job thing. If I hate the job and quit the day I start, then I probably won't be coming. If I'm okay with the job and get a paycheck on the 27th, then I'll probably be there. Where is anyone going to be meeting on friday/saturday?

-Infini

Michi
08-04-2004, 04:54 PM
I have no idea what the CN con area looks like, so I really can't name any meeting places at all. ^_^;;

Vicky
08-04-2004, 07:39 PM
I'm always open for joining cosplay groups.
and the fact that my Selene from Underworld costume may not go through... DOA definately catches my interest cuz i enjoy that game and I am, in fact, a girl :-=
just a little sketchy on the details.
who's taken and which of the DOA games are you guys focusing on, if any?

once i know that i'll let you know if i can pull off any characters by then.
what's the case if we do it? are we going to hang out all day?

Infini
08-04-2004, 09:17 PM
I think it's mostly DOA2 so far, but costumes from any of the games are fine....as far as I know. Since there's already someone with a Lei-Fang costume, I'll probably just work on my Ayane for the con. :)

I think Michi is wearing her Kasumi, and is probably bringing an Ein/Hayate.

This is all I know.

-Infini

Michi
08-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Oh goodness, I don't care if there's doubles. XD I'm trying to see if another friend of mine will also do Kasumi... but then again, Kasumi actually has a clone. >_>

Not really focusing on any ga-- Well actually. We're focusing on DOA1-3, and not XBV. I'm sorry but I don't want any girls in bikinis for this gathering. ^_^;;; Hahaha.

I think I'll be wearing my Kasumi for a while since I barely wore my new version at AX. I haven't really figured out any plans yet. I'm too busy trying to focus on moving to Canada. ^^;; But it'd be great if you end up able to join us. ^^ And if you do end up finishing Selene, I'd love to see~ I just recently saw that movie. :X

Killmesarah
08-05-2004, 01:52 AM
The only prob I have with Lei-feng is my hair. I have the right color, and extentions for the braids, but I don't have bangs.
I hate bangs, so I don't wanna cut my hair. I was thinking of combing my hair so it would look like I had bangs.... I guess I will have to experiment.
What do you guys think??

S-san

Michi
08-05-2004, 02:04 AM
You can actually get bang-attachment thingies. o.o I've seen them before and they look pretty good. Also, if you have layered hair and any somewhat short layers.. You might be able to take a rounded brush and a blow dryer and MAKE bangs. However, if you do it that way they'll be ultra poofy bangs. XDD

Killmesarah
08-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Hmm... I think I could use my extentions and cut 'em short to make bangs... I will experiment and let you guys know soon!

S-san

Vicky
08-05-2004, 12:16 PM
aww, no one wants to walk around in skimpy little bikinis? XD
well, i was looking through the girls and only one comes anywhere near what i could pull off - and that's Tina~
Mostly because our hair lengths are fairly similar. I just won't be able to cut and colour my hair for the Selene costume until Saturday morning (going to have to wake up super early ^_^)

so it looks like I'll be joining you ladies (and chris!) for Friday of the con ^_^
yaye! i love joining groups ^^

i'm not sure exactly WHICH Tina i'll be doing, i have about three of her costumes in mind. i'll have to look over my fabric and make some trips to the thrift store. but i'll let you know as soon as i know ;)

thanks for the motivation Michi! i really hope i get to finish Selene too, I'll let you know how it goes ^_^

Jo_Canadian
08-05-2004, 01:27 PM
i am gonna be the only guy surrounded by a bunch of females in skimpy tight costumes!??!. *happy dances*

Michi
08-05-2004, 04:49 PM
Tina has some great outfits. XD I considered her once. I'm glad you're joining us, MissieYohko! ^_^

No, you aren't the only guy Jo_Canadian... I said from the start that my boyfriend is going to be Ein with me. :P Even if we don't get his costume done, he'll be there with me. XD;

Yaaaaay we're actually getting a group. XD This is so neat and unexpected.

Infini, if you go, you most likely won't make Friday? If you do make it as Ayane I can try to wear Kasumi again on Saturday morning, but I don't wanna cosplay all day in that twice in a row. ^^;

Infini
08-05-2004, 10:12 PM
I have to work on Friday, and since it's a new job (I start on Monday!) I can't take the day off, unfortunately. It's also starting to look like I might not be able to make saturday either, but I'm just trying to sort things out for now.

Michi, will you be wearing your Kasumi to Anime North next year? I'll actually have a good Ayane costume by then (not the thrown-together one I would be wearing to CN, but a better-done C2). If you are going to be wearing Kasumi at AN, maybe we could organize a DOA thing for that as well.

Just a thought, since it would be really great to get a group together for next year, too. :)

-Infini

Vicky
08-05-2004, 11:06 PM
I'm looking forward to this ^_^
Any ideas if we'll be meeting up or just generally hanging out together all day?

Chris~ My boyfriend will also be with me XD i just may not be having a party this year *boo*

Killmesarah
08-05-2004, 11:29 PM
Well it looks like I will have to back out. I am too fat and funny looking to do Lei-feng. My hair is not agreeing with me either. The dress I have is not tight enough. I don't want to do half-ass Lei-Feng, and ruin your group, so I will have to back out.
So whoever wanted to do Lei-feng, she'z all yours.

S-san

Lafiel
08-05-2004, 11:50 PM
I'm not to sure if I will have my blue kasumi costume done in time otherwise I would join you :)

Also not to sure what to do about her hair.. Naturally I have dark brown hair, which is long but has no bangs.. not to sure if I want to cute my hair to have bangs or just be a blonde Kasumi instead and wear a wig..

*ponders*

Jo_Canadian
08-06-2004, 12:31 AM
well have a party, just make sure you have some jacky ds laying around somewhere

Michi
08-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Inifni ~ I can wear Kasumi to AN, sure thing! ^_^ I'd love to get shots with an Ayane. I'll keep it in mind. :D Just keep bugging me about it til then so I remember to pull her back out. XDD And hey, by then maybe I can finally make the proper footwear. I am so lazy. >_>;;

MissieYohko ~ I don't have any other plans for Friday, so I can wear my costume all day... But I dunno what everyone else wants to do. A meetup place and time would be good at least, even if we don't all spend the rest of the day together. o.o I have no idea what the CN con area is like, so I can't really give any ideas unfortunately. n.n

Killmesarah ~ You wouldn't ruin the group... ;_; I'm sorry you feel that way. Maybe some other time?

Lafiel ~ If you end up able to finish it, please feel free to join us. The more the merrier. ^^

Killmesarah
08-06-2004, 06:27 PM
Sorry, I had a bad day yesterday! Plus, as I was saying on another thread, I work at a video game store, and Madden 05 releases next week, so that is one of the reasons I am not sure I will have time. I wanted to craft a Lei-Feng, just not ghetto Lei-feng.
I will keep you updated. Between my Rocky Horror Columbia costume or my DOA Lei-feng, I plan on finishing one of them!!
Sorry for sounding so negative.... I guess I will have to see what happens.

S-san

Michi
08-06-2004, 07:20 PM
I understand. I've had bad days like that too and it comes out in my posting sometimes. XD; But hey! Whichever one you finish I'll love to see it. Leifang would be cool for the DOA group, but I'm a huge Rocky Horror fan. ^____^ Just don't stress out over it! Cosplay should be fun. :3 See you around at CN! ^^

Infini
08-08-2004, 02:14 AM
I've actually started working on my C2 costume already, so that I can maybe have it done by CN, just in case I can go. If you're arranging to meet up on the friday of the con at a later time, then I MIGHT be able to make it if I leave right after work (4:00). It will probably take me at least 2 hours to make it there from here though.

Michi
08-08-2004, 03:02 PM
I don't mind having a late afternoon gathering if that's okay with everyone else. ^^

Vicky
08-08-2004, 06:25 PM
i'll be ready whenever i need to be ;)
it's hard to plan when you have no idea what time everything is happening. i'll cry if two people i wanna meet happen at the same time XD

Michi
08-08-2004, 06:30 PM
Not only do I not know when anything is going on, but I've never been to CN before... I'm a pretty bad group organizer when I can't really give an opinion on a place to meet. XD For now I'll just try to wear Kasumi for most of the day and maybe I'll just be found? ;_; Hahaha. x___x

Vicky
08-08-2004, 07:05 PM
i guess so ^^;

Michi
08-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Anyone know how big the general area is? Maybe it won't be too hard to find each other...

Killmesarah
08-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Ughhh... I kept getting lost at the CNE last year. I think the second floor... where you can look down on the 1st floor, is where all the cosplayers gather.
I just remember having to walk around huge photoshoots.
The first floor, when you come in, is where you register and such. Then you go up the escalator to the dealer room(2nd floor). There are prolly other ways to get up to the 2nd floor. I just remember walking out of the dealers room, and there were cosplayers everywhere.
If all else fails, you can always meet up near the Masquerade registration desk. That should be easy to find!

S-san

Michi
08-08-2004, 11:36 PM
Since there's not that many of us I say we just try to meet up in the late afternoon-ish in the most populated areas.. like near the dealer's room.. I honestly have no idea at this point what my CN plans are.. ^^;

Vicky
08-09-2004, 10:35 PM
i think somewhere general is a good idea too.

Michi
08-10-2004, 03:50 AM
Anyone have any preferences? XD

Killmesarah
08-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Michi-san, you should join the Anime North Junkies group at Yahoo. We are planning some things for CNA, and a lot of ppl there are familiar with the area.
The link is:
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/animenorthjunkies/

My name is Venusspice and the group leader is Kaliko Rosa. There are a lot of nice ppl there. I know we are having a big group meeting on Sat(and plans to do the YMCA!! :0
MissieYohko and everyone else, feel free to join this group too!

Again, my only meetup idea is near the Masq. Reg desk, as it will be easy to find. Does anyone have plans for the masq?
Also, what hotels are you guys staying at? I will be at the Strathcona, and plan on going to the Anime All Night thingie.....

S-san

Vicky
08-10-2004, 09:21 PM
The MASQ Registration Desk is a great idea. it's specific, easy to find, and most of us will be going there anyway :)

S-San~ oh yes, i saw a posting for that group on the anime north livejournal community, i believe (or possibly Teahouse). was a little iffy on the concept of being AN centered, but if there's other con postings then I shall join! ^_^ in fact... I JUST HAVE! >:/\
I am staying at the Strathcona for the Friday and Saturday nights. i don't really know what my plans are in terms of the night time events because i usually throw a party and a lot of my friends have kind of lost touch through the summer.
In terms of the MASQ, i don't really have anything special planned. I will probably walk on, strike a pose with some music or just say something, and then walk off. I used to do skits but half my usual skit friends are not going / not cosplaying / have their own groups ^_^;

Michi
08-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Umm okies. *^^* Haha everything's so new to me... I'm moving to Canada the week of CN and then I'll be attending all these Canadian cons... @_@;;; *falls over*

Hotel? XD I'm staying with my boyfriend at his aunt's house in Toronto. Yay saving money!

And the masq reg desk works for me, however I don't think I'm gonna be in it. @_@; I hope it's in a main area. o.o

Vicky
08-10-2004, 11:55 PM
Michi~ Oh jeeze, i'm sorry! I didn't know ^_^; Pardon my ignorance but have you attended Anime North? Whereabouts are you from? Are you moving here permanently?

Infini
08-11-2004, 10:51 PM
As a side note (not really important) I thought I should say that I definitely cannot go to CN after all. However, I will have my Ayane done for Anime North, and probably in time for another photoshoot if anyone is going to come to one of those.

Have fun at CN, everyone. :)

-Infini

Jo_Canadian
08-11-2004, 10:57 PM
oh that really sucks infini i was looking forward to seeing you in that costume, anyway love and peace and see you soon ya

Michi
08-12-2004, 04:07 AM
Yaaaay we're able to finish Ein for Seiya Yagami ^___^ I'm excited. ^^

So what time is good for people to meet around? 3 or 4 pm maybe?

MissieYohko ~ Haha don't worry. I've actually never been to Canada before... I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area of California, and have lived here all my life.. but now I'm moving near Toronto to live with my boyfriend. We're tired of the long distance thing and it's better for me to get out of my current living situation, too. It.. should be permanent. Haha. I hope. ^_^ I was supposed to go to AN this year but didn't make it, so 2005 will be my first one.

Infini ~ We'll have to gather another DOA shoot at AN then! I'd love to take pictures with you. ^^ Rival battle photos yessss. X3

Infini
08-12-2004, 05:38 PM
Infini ~ We'll have to gather another DOA shoot at AN then! I'd love to take pictures with you. ^^ Rival battle photos yessss. X3

Definitely! I love battle photos! I just need to figure out how I'm going to make the huge purple bow before then. It's the only thing I have no ideas for. o_O

-Infini

Killmesarah
08-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Huge purple bow idea: You could make the purple fabric like a pillowcase, then stuff it with... somthing. Maybe that soft, foamy stuff(like they put in cheap pillows). Thats my idea

Michi-san- I have a way to do my hair, so it looks similar to bangs. I can definatly pull off the hair and costume. The only thing is, My husband and I want to wear our Battle Royale costumes Friday.... so I'm not sure when I can fit the DOA in.... When is the meeting time suppossed to be??

S-san

Michi
08-12-2004, 10:51 PM
S-san ~ I was aiming for later afternoon-ish time, really. @_@ 3-4? ^^;

Killmesarah
08-13-2004, 09:42 PM
Okay, I will wear Lei-Feng on Friday then. I guess I will have to try extra hard to make it cute enough!!
The dress I have doesn't have any really fancy design, it's just a plain white Chinese style. I have played so many DOA games, I know she has this dress. It's not the one with the dragon design, it's just the regular style.
I have tryed it out, and I think it will look great, with the hair and everything else.
Are we gonna like... pose. It would be cool to take some pics of "LEI FENG VERSUS KASUMI" and have us facing eachother, ready to fight, LOL

Anyways, I will wear my Battle royale attire on Sat. There is the Anime North Junkies photoshoot on Sat anyways.

Are any of you guys doing the masq?

S-san

Vicky
08-13-2004, 10:22 PM
i am going to participate in the MASQ with my Selene costume ^_^;

yaye battle royale~!!! i shall take many pics of you, S-san ^_^
as well as the Lei Feng VERSUS Kasumi shots XD

Michi
08-14-2004, 04:10 AM
I dunno if I'm doing the masq yet. o.o Haha.

But yes!! I hope we can get lots of photos all together and fighting and stuff... tag team... Yessss. >_>

So we currently have... Ein, Tina, Kasumi, Leifang, Bayman? Am I missing anyone? o_o

Vicky
08-14-2004, 07:47 PM
i don't think so :O

Michi
08-15-2004, 04:12 PM
I miiight be able to convince another friend to join but... unless anybody else comes to the thread I guess this is it. XD Ah well, it's definitely more than I was expecting. :X

Jo_Canadian
08-15-2004, 08:55 PM
hey were canadian, apart from our army and navy we always give you more then you expect

Killmesarah
08-19-2004, 03:29 PM
Have we picked a FINAL time and meeting place for this thing? I know the con starts on FRI at 4pm. I'm not sure if you can pick up your pre-registration before then. 5 would be a good time for the meeting, unless anyone else has a preference.
At 6pm on Fri, I will be going to the JPOP TV screening) which is pretty much the only event I will be going to besides the masq. So anytime before or after that is good for me.

S-san

Michi
08-19-2004, 09:16 PM
So 5 pm it is? ^_^

Michi
08-21-2004, 01:11 AM
*kicks thread back up* I also wanted to note that I really can't be in Kasumi all too long. I just got my navel pierced today and it's not good to have tight waistbands around it while it's healing... and that's exactly what Kasumi has. ^^; I'll wear it for like 30-60 minutes tops. x_X; So I hope everyone can make it to the gathering on time. ;_;

Jo_Canadian
08-21-2004, 01:53 PM
actually if you put a bandaid over it you should be fine for any amount of time

Vicky
08-21-2004, 08:26 PM
Gomen nasai, minna ;_;
CNX is six sleeps away, I'm afraid to say I won't have a Tina done in time T-T Trust me, I'm more upset than the rest of you.
I'm afraid my Selene costume has become a HUGE nightmare, and the worst part is I'm not even very happy about how it's turning out... The jacket I got is just way too thick and it almost ruins the whole costume. And I can't NOT wear the jacket because the catsuit i got has holes all along the bum seams -_- no one needs to see my underware!
So not only will my Selene be worked on non-stop and still look like bum bum, I won't be able to do a Tina *sniffs* I'm still going to come see you guys, but don't be surprised if I seem a little depressed I can't join the fun ;_;

Michi
08-25-2004, 05:47 AM
Aww.. It's okay, MissieYohko! Maybe next time. ^^ Please do come still see us, though. Best of luck fixing up Selene. I want to see it regardless of its condition at the con. :P I'm taking pictures! *shakes fist*

Michi
08-31-2004, 07:05 PM
Hey everyone.. Sorry I missed the group. ^____^; At least I showed up and still cosplayed Kasumi, even if it was Saturday. >_> On Friday, Dan and I had transportation problems and then there was traffic when we finally were on our way.. so we didn't get to the con til about.. um.. 9 pm? ^^;; Sorry.. we'll have a big group at AN to make up for it, hopefully. ^_^! There's another DOA thread in this forum now so I guess more about that can be discussed there. ^^