PDA

View Full Version : Utada Hikaru. . .*^_^*

rei_hino
12-08-2002, 10:31 AM
does anyone know a site I can download her song Simple and Clean song on Mp3,mp2, wav, adui, or quicktime??

Maryssa
12-08-2002, 08:45 PM
try a p2p.

Miyu
12-08-2002, 08:50 PM
kazaa is what i use *shrug*

Tomo
12-08-2002, 08:54 PM
http://www.winmx.com . . . That's where I got my copy. ^^

Maryssa
12-09-2002, 11:29 AM
Oh and btw, quicktime is shit and completely useless, and download the original verison of the song called Hikari instead.

tamahomegurl
12-15-2002, 04:06 PM
i agree with maryssa...HIKARI is much, much better than simple and clean...!!! ^___-

KaitouKurogo
12-19-2002, 11:25 PM
I used WinMX as well. I love Utada's music, though I had never heard it until I finished Kingdom Hearts for Simple and Clean. Now I'm hooked and downloading her songs nonstop. I just finished downloading "Hear Me Cry".

Pointless Tidbit! Rabi~en Rose, the idol star from Di Gi Charat's real name is Usada Hikaru, a tip of the hat to the real Hikaru.

Maryssa
12-20-2002, 11:43 AM
I just find it interesting how people, especially in the crowd of anime fans, become obsessed with artists who have really been around for a long time only when they have a song in something like this game so that it becomes super trendy and popular. Its like people are too lazy to search for good music and wait until they have a hit in something like a popular videogame and then all the sudden they become OBSESSED with said artist. Sorry to rant, but this topic just makes me think of this. Sorry, to all those who think you are hardcore fans of "Hikki" because you heard "Simple and Clean" while playing Kingdom Hearts (or even worse, on the commerical for it), welcome to several years ago.

Nietsche
12-20-2002, 12:24 PM
Ouch! Such a harsh put down Maryssa!
Its like people are too lazy to search for good music and wait until they have a hit in something like a popular videogame and then all the sudden they become OBSESSED with said artist.
All i can say is..listen to some of the Pillow's early stuff and compare it to what they are now...they've been around a long time too..and so have Scudelia Electro but I can't imagine anyone knowing about them till FLCL or King of Bandit, in fact some of the early Pillows stuff was quite (for want of a better word) dull..so who would blame me for liking them after FLCL came out?

Maryssa
12-20-2002, 04:28 PM
Well the Pillows were probably much more obscure. But with artists like Utada Hikaru, they have been very popular well beforehand. And it just seems like no one cares until they get a song in an anime or a hot game. Then they obsess. Thats more how I mean it.

isami
12-20-2002, 10:39 PM
I guess i kind of agree. I downloaded stuff by Hikaru a while ago, and all my friends are like "ok... what's with this girl and the japanese music?" and now that she's on Kingdom Hearts, they're all like... "omg! it's so cool!" and I want to smack them. HARD.
but there's nothing wrong with people getting into her now. I mean... the problem with my friends was that they did a complete 360 by saying "that sucks" to "it rules" just because. But if no one's ever heard her before, and now they know, then let them be. I'm sure there are people you've never heard before until you heard there song on a commercial or something. :/

KaitouKurogo
12-21-2002, 02:26 AM
Ouch ouch and more ouch. Your words sting like lemon juice in a paper cut, Maryssa. Still, I understand what you mean in the sense that people's opinions of things shift as soon as it becomes mainstream. Still, I'd never heard Utada's music before and I never actively research music until I've heard at least a sample. Some I like, some I don't. With the case of Utada Hikaru, I happen to greatly enjoy her music. Simple as that.

tamahomegurl
12-21-2002, 06:44 AM
hmmm..maryssa has a point...it's annoying to see people suddenly jump on the band wagon just because something's hot and everybody loves it...x___x;;

i've liked hikki since her first love album (which wasn't too long ago) but way before she was ultra famous here. i knew who she was when she was cubic u but never really paid much attention to her until i listened to automatic...^__^ i love that song soooooo much!!!!

anyhow, i guess the good part with the sudden "love" is that hikki's music can spread to more people and she can get better record sales here when her american album's released...at least she got the ball rolling, ne?

Nietsche
12-21-2002, 07:06 AM
In the case of Hikki's music, I like her and her music but would only listen to a handful of her tracks. 'First Love' is one of my faves!
-On a side note-how many people have heard of Chihiro Yonekura? she's like my most favourite artist but I just don't hear anything from most people....

ReiChan
12-21-2002, 09:41 AM
I disagree, I think Simple and Clean is actually better than Hikari. Both of them are good, but the English lyrics work really well with the melody. And I'm sort of a purist so that's saying a lot (for me).

I had a Hikaru Utada CD before Kingdom Hearts. I heard it playing at a Mitsuwa in LA (inside the bookstore), and liked it, so I bought it. *shrug* I don't think it matters how people discover musical artists, even if they've been around a few years beforehand.

isami
12-21-2002, 02:46 PM
right. Tamahomegurl and ReiChan bascially summed up stuff I was gonna say but couldn't find the words for. ^^

tamahomegurl
12-21-2002, 06:07 PM
yeah..reichan's correct...who really cares how or when people "discovered" hikki....as long as people enjoy her music and her talent, they will be a higher demand for her thus more support which = more albums for every one to enjoy!!! ^__^

what's everyone's fav hikki song? i dont know why but i love both automatic and travelling so very VERY much!! ^__^

tamahomegurl
12-21-2002, 06:41 PM
oh..forgot to mention...i guess in hikki's case - she's quite fortunate to get ultra, ultra big with her gig with square since there is such a large disney/square fanbase...

ayu was in thousand arms (psx game) and inuyasha ending theme for 3rd season? but she didn't recieve too much notice for those i guess....

Yuna
12-22-2002, 10:37 PM
Okay, try songs like "First Love" or "Deep River". Maybe even "Sakura Droppsu" Yeah, then you all can talk.

Ranma Saotome
12-22-2002, 10:49 PM
I see yet another thread has gone to the wayside.

Yuna
12-22-2002, 11:00 PM
is that your professional observation there Ranma?

tamahomegurl
01-03-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Yuna
Okay, try songs like "First Love" or "Deep River". Maybe even "Sakura Droppsu" Yeah, then you all can talk.

*raises hands* me,,me!!! i have all those songs!!! i love deep river (because the intro is soooo darn good) and sakura drops cuz the video rocks!!! first love is okay though - its too played out now.... but it still kicks ass none the less!

did you guys like the original "distance" more than "final distance"? i seem to like the hip hop flavor more so i guess that's why all hikki's r&b types are my favs....

Ranma Saotome
01-04-2003, 02:34 AM
is that your professional observation there Ranma?

Actually yes. It seems that we have people who are enjoying Utada are becoming fans and want moreof her music and yet I se Utada fanatics here badmouthing the newbies because they aren't as hardcore as they are. Friggin stupid. We are all Utada fans all in all.

Nadeshiko
01-05-2003, 11:58 PM
Yeah, most of the major file sharing networks would have it. The one I'd really like to hear is the french rendition. I heard about it at J-Expo, but still searching here and there.

I like both versions - "Simple and Clean" and "Hikari." I heard "Simple and Clean" first. Believe me, I was excited when I heard it on the commercial and yelled, "it's Hikaru Utada!" I was dissapointed with the video to "Hikari." All she does is happily wash dishes.

Can't say that "Hikari" / "Simple and Clean" are my favorite Hikki songs. I like her more mellow type songs like "Final Distance" and "First Love." She's one of the few teen singers out there I idolize.

One of these days, I'd love to see someone cosplay as Hikki from the "Traveling" video. That was the trippiest video ever.

Oh! And for you Animerica readers, a friend of mine who lives a few doors down my dorm wrote the article for her Deep River. Go Katwood!

Yuna
01-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Ranma Saotome
Actually yes. It seems that we have people who are enjoying Utada are becoming fans and want moreof her music and yet I se Utada fanatics here badmouthing the newbies because they aren't as hardcore as they are. Friggin stupid. We are all Utada fans all in all.

Accually, I'm not a Hikki fanatic. I think she's got a great voice, but other then that I think she's a talentless product of record label's greed. Girl is encredible nervous when singing in front of people; just watch her live preformances, and that just screams to me, "I don't really want to be doing this." I have no recpect for her as an artist or a musician. From what I can tell, she would much rather be in collage, which she is, in New York.

Second off, I'm not badmouthing anyone. I listed other tracks of Utada Hikaru that I like myself, and other's, like Tamahomegurl, responded possitivly with their feedback. Thus far it seems you're the only one to take my comment to the heart and as an insult.

And on a last note, I don't care if a fan has been religiously following an artist since their beginings or if they heard a song from them 5 minutes ago and liked it. Why? Because I don't follow many musician's religiously. I'm a HARDCORE Tool fan, but I know JACK SHIT about that band outside of their music. Why am I such a die hard Tool fan then? Because I LOVE their MUSIC... I love it so much it sometimes brings me to tears. However, I can name, off the top of my head, two members of TOOL itself. So, it would be REALLY hypocritical of me to be bashing what you call "newbies" when they like someone based soley on a song they heard.

Ranma Saotome
01-08-2003, 12:10 PM
Oh Yuna... And here I thought we were getting along well. :p First off, you have no proof that she is a end result of a greedy record label, this ain't "Josie and the Pussycats" ya know. ;) I'll have to track down one of her live peformances to see if you're right or not.

I didn't take your comment to heart. I just felt what you said was kinda wrong, that's all.

You love TOOL. More power to you. Next time you listen to my streaming music, I'll drop a couple of tracks in. I haven't listen to them in a while.

I may be wrong in this case, but it sounded like you were bewing a bit elitist there. That's like saying, until you have listened to those songs, you aren't a real fan. *shrugs*

Yuna
01-08-2003, 07:19 PM
::dies:: WTF is everyone's obsession with "elitist" on this forum? Blah...

I think you missed the entire point of my post Ranma... I was using Tool as an example to back up my point... -_-() And I wasn't asking you to agree with my opnion on Hikki, that's just how I feel about her, I'm not trying ot be all missionary and force my beliefs onto you.

Adella
01-08-2003, 07:21 PM
I'm curious to know too. I'm elite. I AM ELITER THAN ALL OF YOU. GOT A PROBLEM?

tamahomegurl
01-08-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by Nadeshiko

One of these days, I'd love to see someone cosplay as Hikki from the "Traveling" video. That was the trippiest video ever.

ahhaah!!!! ^__^ that would be soooooo darn cool to see a hikki leading a bunch of robotic aliens marching across some place that looks straight out of final fantasy 8...!!! ^___- if hikki was the band leader, i wouldn't mind joining her crew too!!!!!

i think it would be cool too if someone dresses like hikki from her final distance video...she looked soooo freakly cool!

tamahomegurl
01-08-2003, 08:20 PM
gomen everyone...i don't want to sound like i want to come between your "talk" but i really don't think anyone's being mean or baka....*attempts to calm everyone down*

you all are nice and very cool people and i know this because i have read all your posts in other forums!! no one's dissin' anyone and i think it's just a case of miscommunication....

let's just all celebrate the artist(s) and enjoy their music - don't let it divide us! ^__^

Nadeshiko
01-11-2003, 06:45 PM
I can easily go as the schoolgirl in the video by changing the tie from my Yuri schoolgirl outfit. I really have no intention doing it yet at a con since 2003 is pretty much full for me. As far as J-pop cosplay, I'm doing a Wink thing.

The Final Distance video...so pretty. I'm surprised I haven't seen Hikki in the white dress yet. Such an adoreable outfit.

HuongStar
01-27-2003, 02:42 PM
Accually, I'm not a Hikki fanatic. I think she's got a great voice, but other then that I think she's a talentless product of record label's greed. Girl is encredible nervous when singing in front of people; just watch her live preformances, and that just screams to me, "I don't really want to be doing this." I have no recpect for her as an artist or a musician. From what I can tell, she would much rather be in collage, which she is, in New York.

That's funny because that is what I would say about Ayumi. ^_^;; I adore her to death but as many singles, appearances, remixes, products, etc as she puts out, you can tell how many eggs AVEX has in Ayu's basket. Despite her popularity, Hikki hardly accounts for 43% of Toshiba's sales! Everyone has their opinions but the comment that Hikki is talentless certainly stings to her fans. She's a fantastic singer songwriter but her career doesn't span as far as most popular Japanese singers.

If you're talking about her Bohemian Summer or Unplugged performances, I think that would attest to how she's *not* a "talentless product of record label's greed." It's so....real (for lack of a better word). They didn't groom & shape her quite as well as Morning Musume, Max, or Ayumi but I think that only adds to her attractive qualities. :) She's not the store-bought, pre-packaged idol pop that litters the Japanese music shelves!

Eh, Hikki was attending Columbia for awhile but she's taken time off because her illness is giving her more complications. She wants to focus more on her life & new marriage; she's also entertaining the idea of starting a family and I don't blame her since her illness stems from her reproductive organs. :(

Nessa has some great recommendations and I'd also recommend listening to "Final Distance", "Can You Keep a Secret?" and her newest single "Colours".

ling_xiaoyu2002
01-28-2003, 12:21 AM
hmmm...I have always liked Time Limit and Hikari but that's just me....ne? *skips away* lalalalala.....

Xanatos
02-04-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by rei_hino
does anyone know a site I can download her song Simple and Clean song on Mp3,mp2, wav, adui, or quicktime??

^o^ Hi Rei...
Try > www.jpop-mp3.com
:wave:

tamahomegurl
02-10-2003, 06:52 AM
*applause* Very, very well said HuongStar!!! ^__^

i love hikki because of her unusual voice and her ability to write and to produce such kick ass songs!!! ^__^ She certainly deserves to be recognized for her talent and amazing skills!!!

Lovelyangel_81
02-10-2003, 11:46 AM
*jumps in* I think she is great singer. She produces and writes her own music. Which tell lot about the an artist. I much respect for her because of that. :)

...Yes, I become a fan of Hikki hearing Simple and Clean and the re-mix for Kingdom Hearts, but I love her other songs also. :)

XLainoftheWired
02-10-2003, 03:50 PM
>I just find it interesting how people, especially in the crowd of anime fans, become obsessed with artists who have really been around for a long time only when they have a song in something like this game so that it becomes super trendy and popular. Its like people are too lazy to search for good music and wait until they have a hit in something like a popular videogame and then all the sudden they become OBSESSED with said artist. Sorry to rant, but this topic just makes me think of this. Sorry, to all those who think you are hardcore fans of "Hikki" because you heard "Simple and Clean" while playing Kingdom Hearts (or even worse, on the commerical for it), welcome to several years ago.

word to this, this was much earlier, I just saw this thread cause I've been off the forum for a while, but myrissa's got a huge point here for me at least, but I also cant dis it for through that song she has shot her fan base through the roof... I only wish now that they get all her past albums and stuffs... so I'm kinda happy either way, but it was annoying hearing about simple and clean everywhere when Hikari rox...

and for HuongStars whole post there, thanks, cause in about a minute I was about to say a lot of nasty things against that comment but thankfully you took care of it and pacified me. Utada Hikaru is quite possibly the best musician I have ever come to know, maybe thats a strech, i could exagerate, but for now, we'll just say that. Every single one of her songs grabs at my soul, even before finding the Japanese translation, she does such a good job writing the music (something most if not all other pop artists cant say for themselves) so that you dont really even need the lyrics to understand the emotion behind it.

I admit I was totally crushed when she married Kiriya, for a few reasons I wont go into, but aside from that, I am not a silly fan boy, I stay here, enjoying every piece she composes. "Colors" (just got single in mail from cdjapan today) in my opinion may not be on of her best songs but by far its still superb. Accompanied on this single is "Simple and Clean" and its original PlantB remix. The remix on the disk sounds quite different fro that in the game. Its faster, harder, and louder I guess, it really feels like a club song. ::sigh:: I could go on about her for hours...

no offense Yuna but when a comment like that is made I cant help but assume it is just trolling... in which case I fell, I will always defend her honor (starting to sound a little silly ::thinks::). And like Huongstar said she doesnt have that packaged pop look that ayumi does. I love the whole natural beauty thing. Speaking of which, a recent picture of Ayu I saw on www.jpop7.com, lshe looked like freaking goldie hawn with all that damn make up...

Ali-kun
02-10-2003, 06:03 PM
I don't think you should blame people who have never heard of an artist before for suddenly turning into a fan when their music gets into an anime/game. Some people don't care to spend their time randomly downloading mp3s trying to find new music that's to their taste.

Of course, if people randomly decide that they're a hardcore fan because they've memorized the lyrics to that one song and sing it every time they start up their game or something...THAT'S not cool ^^; But if you hear a song you like by an artist you hadn't heard of, it could be incentive to find other work by that artist to see if you like it. Sort of like making a new friend who introduces you to the music - just another way to make a new fan.

And since I'm not a hardcore Utada Hikaru fan (although I do appreciate the songs by her that I've heard ^_^) I don't feel like I can contribute to the specifically about-her aspects...but it kind of sounded like people were subtly insulting the kind of Hikki-fan who heard Simple and Clean (or Hikari) and then got into her other music...implying that someone who'd been a fan since her debut as a musician was a better or truer fan which is certainly not right. Hopefully I was just reading it wrong, since that happens so often (and I'm not trying to counter-insult or anything, just expand and correct o_O)

Momoko
02-16-2003, 10:26 AM
Utada Hikaru is so beautiful...

Tenjou
02-16-2003, 01:05 PM
Is there a CD with the "Simple and Clean" instrumental, full, and edited versions on it? I was looking through Ebay and all I could find was "Hikari" on the KH soundtrack, but it did list it three times, once as an edit, then an instrumental, and then on the second CD it simply said "Hikari". Does anyone know if there is one? (I don't have a CD burner.) Thank you!

tamahomegurl
02-23-2003, 09:01 AM
the instrumental version of simple and clean would be on the hikari single - labeled as hikari instrumental...

i believe its the same one...

i bought my hikari single for 12 bucks at lil tokyo...kinda expensive but very, very worth it!!!

you may be able to find that single on ebay for cheaper! ^__^

Tenjou
02-23-2003, 09:27 AM
Thank you! ^_^ I'll try! I have the song downloaded (the slower version that's at the end of KH) but I don't have a CD burner. I'll ask one of my friend who does if they can burn it for me if I can't find it. Thank you again!

tamahomegurl
02-23-2003, 10:05 AM
*huggles tenjou* no problem!!! i hope you find it!!

Babbit_Chan
02-24-2003, 12:16 PM
I have all the versions of the song so it doesn't make any difference to me which is better - I like them all =p

Arisa
02-28-2003, 06:35 PM
I became a fan of Hikki a year and a half before KH came out. But then a friend of mine lent me a CD which he burned some of her songs onto, and I listened, and I was appalled. It was basically that same crappy music that I hear coming out of people's cars. >_< I just recently started liking Hikki again... just ignoring the crappy songs. ^^;

tamahomegurl
03-01-2003, 07:54 PM
hmmmm...*scratches head*....i don't think i can identify any "crappy songs" that hikki had sang @______@ if you're talking about the R&B style songs (automatic, in my room, time will tell, etc) - THEY SURE ARE NOT CRAPPY!!!! *cries* I love R&B so in my opinion, none of her songs are considered as "crappy" - some are less attractive and a little too common "cliche-wise" but i don't see any of them being annoying or unbearable.

Kurenai
03-01-2003, 08:05 PM
"Moving on Without You." I just randomly found it at some con last year, and it's a GREAT song. Go find it ^_^

Ranma Saotome
03-02-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by tamahomegurl
hmmmm...*scratches head*....i don't think i can identify any "crappy songs" that hikki had sang @______@ if you're talking about the R&B style songs (automatic, in my room, time will tell, etc) - THEY SURE ARE NOT CRAPPY!!!! *cries* I love R&B so in my opinion, none of her songs are considered as "crappy" - some are less attractive and a little too common "cliche-wise" but i don't see any of them being annoying or unbearable.

Too bad today's normal R&B sucks horribly. I miss old school.

tamahomegurl
03-02-2003, 03:31 AM
ranma-san:

it really depends on who you're listening to these days...^__^

Babbit_Chan
03-02-2003, 03:37 AM
I like a lot of Hikki's old stuff and her new (Colors is so beautiful)- as long as I can appreciate her lyrics and music. Which I do ^^

http://www.songjapan.com

If you want to sample some of her music.

EndOfZeeWorld
12-23-2004, 11:25 PM
just to let you know i dont care at ALL about Utada i only like Simple And Clean,oh,and im not OBSESSED with it either,i only LIKE it,theres a difference you know!SO BITE ME.

Ranma Saotome
12-23-2004, 11:50 PM
ranma-san:

it really depends on who you're listening to these days...^__^

I suppose. Some of it isn't as bad now that it's a year later. :p

Ranma Saotome
12-23-2004, 11:51 PM
just to let you know i dont care at ALL about Utada i only like Simple And Clean,oh,and im not OBSESSED with it either,i only LIKE it,theres a difference you know!SO BITE ME.

.................... Uh no.

mikcy
12-24-2004, 04:09 AM

I have a feeling she meant her latest english album. *shrugs*

I got into Utada by First love. Oh what a shock! Travelling, Final Distance, Sakura Drops, etcetcetc. I learned to love a lot of her music. I would love to make her Sakura Drops dress. :D I like Hikari and Simple and Clean. I learned of Hikari first because of the... interesting video. That's not important to say, but I'll write it, anyway. The end.

MemoriesofYuna
12-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Quicktime is absolutely horrid. i use limewire. it's hard to find a file you can burn but for your comouter it's my best friend.

i have become a Utada Hikaru fan in reacent years. and i admit... i heard her from kingdom hearts. i got it like on the day it came out and that song was so beautiful i knew i had to hear more of her and looked her up. i started cosplaying shortly after this and realized that there are masses of Hiki fans and the world of Jpop/Jrock opened to me. ^_^!

Her american album was a disapointment to me however. i think it would have baan alot better if the translations were a bit better and such. like the lyrics need alot of work.

First love really moved me.

EndofZeeWorld: out of all the uninteligant first posts (mine included) i do not think i have ever seen one as uninteligent as yours. she made a statement that i agree with and laugh at even myself for being a victem of such a thing. and might i add that it's not the best idea to tell a board mod to "bite you". -Aseret Yuna

Luannita12
01-01-2005, 09:21 PM
ooh hikki topic! never noticed hehe *ish a hikki fan* Well let's see first song I heard of hers was actually "traveling" that a friend of mine recommended and I love the song and still do! then downloaded deep river and first love albums and it wasn't until when my bro finished the Kingdom Hearts game that she sang "simple and clean" :thumbsup:
As for her english album, I really like it! It has grown to me after listening to it lotta times when I got it and I like all the songs there hehe (though sometimes can't stand "you make me want to be a man" and "let me give you my love" ESPECIALLY when they gets stuck in my head randomly :eeek: )

Tokyo Kitty
01-03-2005, 11:25 PM
I've been a rather big Hikki fan since 99. I'd have to say that my favorite album of her is Deep River. I recently even got her Cubic-U album. Definately not the best I've ever heard Hikki ^_^;;;

Since I work in a radio station, the new Utada album has been huge for college radio. I enjoy it, but not as much as her Japanese works. I think it's good for another attempt at an American audience. Songs like Devil Inside seem a bit more experimental for her that what I'm used to but still enjoyable. My favorite song on the new album I'd have to say is Kremlin Dusk.

Luannita12
01-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Since I work in a radio station, the new Utada album has been huge for college radio. I enjoy it, but not as much as her Japanese works. I think it's good for another attempt at an American audience. Songs like Devil Inside seem a bit more experimental for her that what I'm used to but still enjoyable. My favorite song on the new album I'd have to say is Kremlin Dusk.

Well she has said on interviews I've read that Exodus is basically an experimental album and different of her japanese albums. Also glad to know her album is huge for college radio :bigtu: Can't wait to see how "Exodus 04" is gonna turn out being it the 3rd single off her album in early 05 :square:

tristasusen
01-04-2005, 04:26 PM
Her CD came out a couple of weeks ago, So to all her fans, lets go support her!!

Femme Fatale
01-10-2005, 02:40 AM
I love all of Utada Hikaru's music. Simple and Clean/Hikari, nice song, but it could go die somewhere and I probably wouldn't care. I'd have to say my favorite Utada Hikaru song is either Tokyo Nights off of Deep River or the acoustic version of Colors.

Wow the Exodus cd, hm well made me kind of think "what the hell?" I mean her vocals are still wonderful, and all the background music is tolerable, but the lyrics are just weird. I did find some songs I like off of it: Let Me Give You My Love, Wonder 'Bout, Easy Breezy, and Exodus 04. What was up with The Workout? It made me laugh the first time, but then it just got annoying. You Make Me Want to Be A Man, I've asked everyone I know to listen to the song and give me their interpretation of the lyrics and everyone is still clueless. I know that you can't look too into songs, but what is it supposed to mean? I guess overall it isn't bad though.

StarDragonSword
01-14-2005, 10:04 AM
Since I live in Sweden, I had never heard of Utada Hikaru or J-Pop before Kingdom Hearts, but when I heard Simple and Clean, I thought her voice was so beautiful, so I bought First Love when I saw it for sale on my first convention. ^_^
So it wasnīt really the song that "got me into Utada", it was her beautiful voice.
I really like her style of music, I usually donīt listen to that kind of music normally.

Kaitou Kid
01-19-2005, 07:19 PM
umm... maybe www.metacrawler.com they have an area where you can download music so maybe they have it.

Mesoian
01-19-2005, 07:22 PM
You know, it's really interesting. I got the Casshern OST, which has a Hikaru Utada song on it, and it's absolutely wonderful, and me makes me wonder what happened for her to put out such a terrible album as Exodus '04.

I was really flabbergasted by how bad Exodus '04 was.

Ranma Saotome
01-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Exodus wasn't that bad. She had to change her style in order to gain ground here in the US. But that didn't pan out the way she expected. Maybe she should put out an English version of one of her albums here and maybe that will do something.

hentaigirl82
01-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Exodus wasn't that bad. She had to change her style in order to gain ground here in the US. But that didn't pan out the way she expected. Maybe she should put out an English version of one of her albums here and maybe that will do something.

Im pretty sure she knows who her true fans are no matter what she puts out they will have her back. I have the exodus cd and i loved it,I also downloaded some of the club mixes those arent to bad either

MemoriesofYuna
01-29-2005, 08:11 PM
yhea her american debute wasn't horrible (besides easy breezy) i feel they changed her alot from the heki we all know into the jappanease britney spears that no one knows about. im still buying the album even if it's horrible. her voice is soothing no mater what she's singing. this is her first step into becoming more international and i support her in full! when i have the money that cd will be mine!

Curent Heki song: Sakura drops -Aseret Yuna