PDA

View Full Version : J-pop dance @ CNA 04

Jo_Canadian
08-03-2004, 12:41 AM
i am just curious to know if anyone knows if there is going to be a J pop dance at CN this year. i would really like it if there was one

Kia
08-03-2004, 01:05 AM
To the best of my knowledge there has never been one at CN before and I highly doubt that there will be one this year. The closest thing you'll get from Hobbystar is the All Night Anime and karaoke.

Although I'm sure many of us would like there to be one, that would require Hobbystar to dish out more money and effort for us, and I already get the feeling that they're not particularly fond of the anime crowd as it is.

Jo_Canadian
08-03-2004, 01:16 AM
*shawshank redemption impression* WHY GOD, WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Ochika
08-03-2004, 01:17 AM
i say we get a boombox, like at march TAC, walked down the streets of toronto in our costumes. and dance there XP

Jo_Canadian
08-03-2004, 01:20 AM
that boombox happened to be my backpack thank you very much and i dont think a couple of computer speakers will do the trick. although.......nah i doubt it will work, we need permits and stuff like that

Kia
08-03-2004, 01:30 AM
i say we get a boombox, like at march TAC, walked down the streets of toronto in our costumes. and dance there XP
LOL, that sounds simmilar to an idea I shared with Mekou and Nyamiko a while ago. ^_^ But mine was more along the lines of dancing down Queen St. in costumes blaring Yoko Kanno's song Teepee (which sounds like drunk people with instruments to me) all banging away at makeshift instruments ... but I come up with really bad ideas when I'm sleep deprived. ^_^

Ochika
08-03-2004, 02:12 AM
why dun we just go to china town and have dinner again. and blare the music on the way XP get random comments from driver-bys

JustinCredible
08-03-2004, 03:33 AM
Any type of dance would be nice (not just Jpop, as it is a con with 4 different fandoms)... the MTCC closes at a certain time thus enabling a dance to be on that premesis...

Sarcasm-hime
08-03-2004, 03:46 AM
Enabling? The MTCC closing every night is the reason why there *can't* be a dance AFAIK.

Kaijugal
08-03-2004, 04:05 AM
Any type of dance would be nice (not just Jpop, as it is a con with 4 different fandoms)... the MTCC closes at a certain time thus enabling a dance to be on that premesis...

Once again, it's an expo, not a con. The idea of a Horror Fandom dance is funny tho. ^_^

JustinCredible
08-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Enabling? The MTCC closing every night is the reason why there *can't* be a dance AFAIK.

Thats what I ment to write, but it seems one word made the entire sentence mean the opposite.

Once again, it's an expo, not a con. The
idea of a Horror Fandom dance is funny tho. ^_^

Wouldn't Thriller be a must to play?

Scryed1111
08-03-2004, 12:52 PM
i have never really been to a j-rock.... i want to see what its like

Jo_Canadian
08-03-2004, 03:44 PM
that and the roving security gaurds would make it hard to hold anything in there

Songstress_Yuna
08-04-2004, 03:11 AM
I never got to go to the AN Dance....Im soooooooooooooooooooo upset about that and the Masq. I missed both cuz the stupid evil hotel people wouldn't lemme book a room for Sat. Night and I took 2 buses to AN and I had to leave early cuz the evil evil buses....I WILL get a hotel next year...I will also stalk people I know if I can't get a room and steal their room XD Oh and I think that dancing on the street thing would be awesome but with all the shooting going around I could just imagine a drive by shooting happening LOL

Ps: Anyone rich and have a huge room in their house and can get us a Dj then we could have our own Dance lol....Im not rich..I know some rich people though...Hmm...

Kia
08-04-2004, 11:19 AM
I never got to go to the AN Dance....Im soooooooooooooooooooo upset about that and the Masq. I missed both cuz the stupid evil hotel people wouldn't lemme book a room for Sat. Night and I took 2 buses to AN and I had to leave early cuz the evil evil buses....I WILL get a hotel next year...I will also stalk people I know if I can't get a room and steal their room XD Oh and I think that dancing on the street thing would be awesome but with all the shooting going around I could just imagine a drive by shooting happening LOL

Ps: Anyone rich and have a huge room in their house and can get us a Dj then we could have our own Dance lol....Im not rich..I know some rich people though...Hmm...
If you're desperate to get a room for AN and you can't manage to get one, why not think about volunteering? By working for the con for a certain number of hours over the weekend you can get free crash space. It's what my brother and a few of his friends did this past year and they were really pleased by it.

And I understand about not getting to that dance. I was looking forward to it for an entire year, only to get to the hotel really late on Saturday night and then not ever getting far enough down the hallway to actually go to it. :: sigh :: Sad. And it's a shame there isn't one at CN, but meh, what can you do?

Songstress_Yuna
08-04-2004, 02:08 PM
That is a good idea....Maybe I will..