PDA

View Full Version : Next A-Kon

Quies
06-19-2002, 06:12 PM
Er..hi.
i'm new here.
Anyways, I was just woundering if anyone knew if A-kon will be in the same location next year and if it will be around the same time.
I would love to be able to go next time, but it depends on that info because this time my school ended the day before it started, and i'll need all the time i can get to convince the parental figures to let me go.
thanks. :D

quixotic
06-20-2002, 04:38 PM
hi and welcome ;) check http://www.a-kon.com for info. it says there that Akon 14 will be May 30 - June 1, 2003 at the Hyatt D/FW. so it is at the same hotel.

not looking forward to another 7 hour drive, but can't wait for the con :D

Rosiel
06-21-2002, 10:33 AM
Oh good that hotel was extremely convenient!

I hated having to trek between the two hotels the previous year in my heavy Angel Sanctuary costume... the Dallas heat almost did me in. >_<

I have to say I also love the bathrooms in that hotel. When a water-hog is taking wayyyy too long to shower, you can turn off the lights on them since the lightswitch is OUTSIDE the bathroom. LOL

quixotic
06-21-2002, 10:54 AM
hehe, i always thought that was the worst design ever... what's the reasoning behind that.. .? *shakes head* it is fun though! :D

Quies
06-21-2002, 02:31 PM
*shudder* i hate when it is like that. my bathroom here is that way and it lets my brother torture me waayyyy to much.

*jumps for joy* school ends the day before. that means, if I can convince my parents, I can go! and mabye even my friend too.
but we'd probally end up staying with her relitives that live there.
now i can actually cosplay!
weee. I get to go to a con! finally! (er..hopefully)

Michi
06-22-2002, 11:35 PM
Eeeee. A-kon was fun this year, so I think I'll return again. ^^

The hotel was neat... I didn't have to go outside all weekend. Good times. XD

sacha
07-02-2002, 06:50 PM
Akon was a blast! do try to make it next year hehe.. I've already got 3 costumes planned for it XD;;

Quies
07-04-2002, 11:03 PM
bwaahaahaaaa....
my friend's mom came up with the great idea of that my mom and her could run around dallas when we are there and then just stay at the hotel. looks like i'm porbally going!
I kinda expected more resitst form my mom, but when i asked she just said "how you going to get there, bus?" lol

quixotic
07-05-2002, 02:14 PM
cool that you're going next year, Quies. i'll most likely be returning to a-kon (7 hour drive...ugh), but i'm not sure if i'll be cosplaying or not. main problem right now is figuring out what to go as. i'm looking for something that isn't very fancy... *shrug* still almost a year to figure it out. :) we'll see what happens once it gets closer.

Saxy183
07-08-2002, 09:36 PM
I'm just waiting for A-Kon 15, when it moves to the bigger hotel in Dallas. That was Hell on sunday, when everyone had like, no sleep the night before, and an uber amount of people didn't bathe...::Shudder:: But I'll be going to A-Kon 14 cosplaying a revamped Mousse (Ranma 1/2) costume.

sacha
07-12-2002, 07:15 PM
I'm going as Nozomi of Mini-Moni, Bridal of Rose Kozi, and Seth {hide} from Seth et Holth :D

Rosiel
07-13-2002, 09:31 AM
Goodness... I don't even KNOW what I'll be bringing...

This year Ramirez was a last-minute idea. I'm hoping for such inspiration next year. ^___^ *is not a planner*

Quies
07-13-2002, 03:24 PM
lol. well i really hope it's true i can go.
But i also have no clue what to do.
don't suppose anyone has an idea?

Cynthia
07-14-2002, 11:42 AM
My friend original was going to go this year, but financially it just wasn't going to work. He's taking about doing it this year and this time I want to come along too. One thing is for certain it's definately going to be fun to convince my 'rents to go on an nonadult supervised trip.