PDA

View Full Version : My drawings...

Nyoko
12-08-2002, 07:38 PM
This is a Character that I made up for a rpg, shes a vampire named Amethyst. The drawing is not one of my best, nor one that I am to happy with the turn out...

BlueLady
12-08-2002, 07:42 PM
It's not bad at all ,honestly ! are you planning on joining the art field at all because I'de reccommend costume/ character design. Seems you spent some time on those parts, and it's similiar to what we have to do that field.

Nyoko
12-08-2002, 08:14 PM
It had crossed my mind once, but that went as soon as I tried, failed and relised that I had to stick with somthing that I can do, Cook...

Well anyway, this topic is called my drawings so let me post one more. this one is one that took me three days to do last year. I hate the job I did on the hair but I love the face.

sailor-moon
12-08-2002, 09:14 PM
oooh*.* so purdy!!!

Miroku
12-09-2002, 12:46 AM
I like your color choices on that first pic, of Amethyst. Good Job.

Mizuho
12-09-2002, 02:59 AM
I personally favor the shape of your characters. There's something very aesthetically pleasing about the weight of their curves, if that makes sense.

The coloring is very nice, too.

LiL QoH
12-09-2002, 02:22 PM
You'd be a good character designer :)

Nyoko
12-10-2002, 10:33 AM
well anyone know how much it costs to get in to a good school like that??

(more pics, and what I am good at.... CHIBIS!!!!! ^^ lol forgive the bad quality of the picture.)

BlueLady
12-10-2002, 10:51 AM
I go to a school like that.. yep it's pretty hefty ( the tuition) be we all live on loans and grab a few scholarships along the way. It's a risk yes, but for me art school has given me numerious oppurtunites and a group of people I could very well be working with for life.

Nyoko
12-10-2002, 11:22 AM
I could neaver get a scholarship, nor the money, I live from day day (well its more like month to month) and I dont have the best GPA in the world so Im kinda out of luck...

LiL QoH
12-10-2002, 02:46 PM
I go to the Art Institute and for an animation major its 62k :)

Mizuho
12-10-2002, 04:42 PM
Scholarships are all over the place. A lot of them aren't Merit-based (you don't have to have a high GPA), and instead, you have to just write an essay, or fill out a certain form. If you haven't visited fastweb.com (http://www.fastweb.com), it's a good place to go to look for scholarships and the like.

Also, be sure to fill out the "FAFSA" Financial Aid forms. No matter how much money your parents make, or no matter what kind of situation you're in -- just FILL IT OUT! You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain!

And Lil QofH! Wow. What Art Institute do you attend? Do you plan on getting an Animation Major? That would be so infinitely awesome.

Malon
12-10-2002, 08:40 PM
That's awesome Nyoko! I like your second one a lot!! The chibi is cute!

I went to the Art Institute near me for a visit. I didn't like the urban setting, but the school looked neat. I'd like to go, but the big city and me in it... *shudders*

BlueLady
12-10-2002, 10:57 PM
Art center's $11,600 a term, and there's 8 terms ( one optional 9th term) there is so much finacial aid and so many scholarships, however, that it does help with the sticker shock.

Nyoko
12-11-2002, 08:25 AM
Mizuho: well I give it a try ^^
^^ thanks everyone!