PDA

View Full Version : X/1999 for AZ 2005

Archelon
08-05-2004, 05:24 PM
I know it's awfully early to start planning a photoshoot, but I don't have any other cons until AZ next year, so I figured what the heck. I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in having an X/1999 photoshoot next year. I'm going to be cosplaying as Sorata. Doubles ARE ALLOWED. What made me think about setting up this photoshoot was that I was originally planning on cosplaying as Sorata for Otakon this year, but was unable to, so I'm going to do him for Animazement, definitely. Any takers?

Rei2Rei
08-05-2004, 09:38 PM
:jjacks: Yay~ A photoshoot! That would be awesome! I wanna cosplay as someone from X..Not sure who, but I like Arashi the best! So, I'll probably make her costume! If I start on it now I should be finished by AZ. :thumbsup:

Archelon
08-05-2004, 09:46 PM
That would be awesome. I've got a lot of cool ideas for pics if we can get an actual shoot together.

Lyn
08-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Hm, well I have no idea if I'll be going next year or not but if I do, I could always pull out Seishirou again. Or wear Subaru if its done by then since I was going to make Subaru for Otakon next year anyways.

Archelon
08-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Bring any and all!

sekhmet67
12-05-2004, 11:34 AM
I was considering doing Nataku......if theres a big group, I may be more willing to do it. My main concern really is goin to be money in his case; if I'm going to do it, I'm going to want to do a very good job, and I'm not sure of my time right now. Also....are slightly less known outfits allowed? Theres an artbook outfit of his thats gorgeous :D (in case you haven't picked up on this, I'm one of those crazy girls that mainly does crossplay...)

Also, I know another girl who really wants to do it, so between the two of us, one of us will probably have it done.

Archelon
12-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Any and all outfits are welcome. I have placed no restrictions on this group whatsoever.

Finding Beauty
12-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Aaa. ^_^

I was actually thinking of doing a Subaru costume. I had thought more for Nekocon, since I'm SO booked for AZ (four costumes? -- gyah), but if I find the time I might have to jump in.

Anyhow, X/1999 Subaru wouldn't be hard in the least. I was going to be Tokyo Babylon Subaru.

*ponders this*

I'd just need a Seishirou. That's my big issue all around -- Seishirou's so ... tall and obviously male, definitely not the bishounen type, so my usual crossplaying partner in crime really won't work.

Lyn
12-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Finding Beauty - How tall are you? ^^; lol I'm probably too short so I wouldn't help but I did wear Seishiro to this con last year.

Finding Beauty
12-05-2004, 10:27 PM
Finding Beauty - How tall are you? ^^; lol I'm probably too short so I wouldn't help but I did wear Seishiro to this con last year.

I'm 5'2" without shoes. I wouldn't wear heels anyway (I only did as Tseng because Anna wore them as Rufus -- and I will as Vincent because I'd be hard-pressed to find boots otherwise), since I've been meaning to procure a pair of boys' black loafers to make my crossplay outfits look a little less girly.

Lyn
12-05-2004, 10:39 PM
*laughs* I'm 5'3" so I guess that wouldn't quite work. ^^; Ah well. At least you're not as tall as the Subaru and Hokuto I was with last year who were almost a foot taller than me. o_o; But I still don't know what costumes I'm bringing for this con at this moment, not sure how many I can fit in.

Finding Beauty
12-05-2004, 10:44 PM
*laughs* I'm 5'3" so I guess that wouldn't quite work. ^^; Ah well. At least you're not as tall as the Subaru and Hokuto I was with last year who were almost a foot taller than me. o_o; But I still don't know what costumes I'm bringing for this con at this moment, not sure how many I can fit in.

Same here, pretty much. I really want to save Subaru for Nekocon, since I am going to have short hair again by then (I know I'm not lasting until next November with growing my hair out!), and I've already planned short-haired cosplays -- Subaru, Hyde, and Ryuichi.

For AZ I have Oriya and Vincent as my major costumes and then I am going to be K for the Gravitation photoshoot. I am also going to bring my Tseng costume along because my hair will finally be the right length, and I want pictures with the costume polished up. Plus, I wanna be able to take photos with Rei2Rei's Rufus. :D

Kasumiangel
12-22-2004, 10:39 PM
X would be fun to cosplay. Too bad we've already planned something else for this year, and I don't think I'd have time to try and make another costume.

Tohma
12-25-2004, 09:20 PM
I was also planning on cosplaying Subaru at Animazement. This will be my first time at this convention, but not my first time cosplaying Subaru ^^ As long as you don't mine doubles maybe I'll pop in for the photoshoot since I'm sure Subaru is one of the most cosplayed of the X characters. I'll also be walking around with a Kakyou, one of the rarest cosplayed characters ^^

Hope to see you all there.

evenstar1
12-25-2004, 11:32 PM
hey, i might have time to put a nataku costume together. i've been meaning to do that for awhile now.

girl156
12-30-2004, 04:40 AM
I have an artbook version of Arashi I want to do. If I can decided what shoes to wear and actualy make it to Animazement next year (I chickened out last year^_^) I'd be interested in joining your photoshoot.

Rei2Rei
01-21-2005, 09:20 AM
I have an artbook version of Arashi I want to do. If I can decided what shoes to wear and actualy make it to Animazement next year (I chickened out last year^_^) I'd be interested in joining your photoshoot.

Awesome! Which artbook version is it?? There are so many..*_*

I still plan on being Arashi~ ;) My mom and I started on the costume yesterday! 125 days left...Hopefully we'll finish it in time.. :thumbsup:

evenstar1
01-21-2005, 09:38 AM
hmmmm if i can get it done in time i'll be nataku. don't know which version yet.

malinn
01-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Hmm. I could my Seishirou.. I'm.. uh.. 5'8.. or was it 5'10.... :confused: Anyway.. I'm already bringing several costumes.. guess it couldn't hurt to bring one more..

evenstar1
01-21-2005, 08:01 PM
hmmmm maybe i'm a little to tall for nataku. i'm 5'8 as well.

Archelon
01-21-2005, 11:36 PM
I haven't even started on Sorata yet. XD Better get cracking.

girl156
01-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Awesome! Which artbook version is it?? There are so many..*_*

I still plan on being Arashi~ ;) My mom and I started on the costume yesterday! 125 days left...Hopefully we'll finish it in time.. :thumbsup:

I have it on my cosplaylab account. http://www.cosplaylab.com/cosplayers/costumes/details.asp?costumeid=73321 I haven't even bought fabric for mine yet.

hyperperson
01-23-2005, 08:21 PM
I could most likely manage to do Princess Hinoto if I can gather up enough $$. A photoshoot sounds fun! I'm planning to bring so many costumes. I hope I can fit them all in my suitcase. ^_^

malinn
01-27-2005, 09:17 AM
I'm only be at the con Sat & Sun.. Have to graduate and all.. Gah. So many.. costumes to pack..

evenstar1
01-27-2005, 04:03 PM
yes you do.

malinn
01-27-2005, 04:23 PM
The joys of cosplaying.. and the reappearance of the infamous "bodybag".. I'm still surprised I managed to fit it all in there.. not only that.. but the paddle remained in prestine condition! I love that paddle!

Rei2Rei
03-14-2005, 07:19 PM
I could most likely manage to do Princess Hinoto if I can gather up enough $$. A photoshoot sounds fun! ^_^

It would be awesome if you could get enough money to make her costume! It's so beautiful!! :heart:

Terumi
03-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Aloha ^^ I know some people who might be interested in joining you all. But I also thought this would be a good time to ask any of you if you would like to participate in an X skit at AZ. So far we only have these characters taken:
Hinoto
Karen
Arashi
Satsuki
Yuto
We really, really, super need all the angels of heaven and earth. Any additional characters are MORE than welcome LOL. We MAY have a Kanoe (and we need one!) , but if you're interested still let us know. We're trying really hard for this skit, and we'll need to practice it Friday of the con and on Saturday. If you have any questions please let me know and I'll be more than happy to help out.

Tohma
03-15-2005, 11:20 PM
Aloha ^^ I know some people who might be interested in joining you all. But I also thought this would be a good time to ask any of you if you would like to participate in an X skit at AZ. So far we only have these characters taken:
Hinoto
Karen
Arashi
Satsuki
Yuto
We really, really, super need all the angels of heaven and earth. Any additional characters are MORE than welcome LOL. We MAY have a Kanoe (and we need one!) , but if you're interested still let us know. We're trying really hard for this skit, and we'll need to practice it Friday of the con and on Saturday. If you have any questions please let me know and I'll be more than happy to help out.

I'd be interested ^^ I love doing the skits. If you need a Subaru just let me know. The only thing is...my costume is an original Subaru outfit so it isn't the traditional white trechcoat. I'll have my eye wrapped and have gloves on and everything...but just not traditional stuff. If you want me in it, and want the actual outfit, I can bring it cause I have it...I just wasn't planning on having it at this con. I was also considering doing a skit with someone else but I don't know that that is actually going to happen. I'd love to do a skit though ^^

Archelon
03-16-2005, 03:13 PM
I'd be happy to take part in a skit if you still need a Sorata by then. I'll cosplaying him for the photoshoot and would gladly take part in a skit. Of course this all depends on if I'm doing a Resident Evil skit or not, so put me down as maybe. Thanks.

Rei2Rei
04-15-2005, 09:12 PM
No one has posted here in a while.. I just wanted to make sure that this photoshoot was still going to happen~
We're (mom and I) are almost done with my Arashi costume! :jjacks:

Toastersix
04-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Well, I may have to pull out my dear Arashi once again. (With new and improved wig! :D )

I did a DVD cover school uniform of her. (The black uniform with the red trim and yellow scarf) There a pictures in my gallery. ;D

Tohma
04-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Well, I may have to pull out my dear Arashi once again. (With new and improved wig! :D )

I did a DVD cover school uniform of her. (The black uniform with the red trim and yellow scarf) There a pictures in my gallery. ;D

I have a picture of you as Arashi from Otakon ^_^ The whole group was making funny poses for me. Its a fun picture. I believe you commented on it.

Still planning on doing Subaru and I can't wait ^^ The costume is basically done and ready to go. I'll only be wearing it on Friday and I hope I am able to track down at least one Seishirou to get pictures with ^_^ If the X skit happens, I will be wearing the actual X/1999 outfit for that Saturday, but it would only be for a small portion of the day.

Archelon
04-21-2005, 12:04 PM
Whatever happened to the X skit? I volunteered to be Sorata for it, but I haven't heard anything since.

Archelon
05-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Sorry to double post, but I need to revive this thread. We should probably really start thinking about setting up a date and time, because it's getting down to the wire. Also, who was planning the X skit? We should probably start getting that set up too, if it's still set to happen.

Rei2Rei
05-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Sorry to double post, but I need to revive this thread. We should probably really start thinking about setting up a date and time, because it's getting down to the wire. Also, who was planning the X skit? We should probably start getting that set up too, if it's still set to happen.

Hmm..Maybe sometime either Friday afternoon or Saturday morning? :confused:

Tohma
05-09-2005, 05:39 PM
my vote is for sometime Friday since that is when I'll be wearing my costume ^^ I'll have a Kakyou with me...not sure if I mentioned that or not.

girl156
05-18-2005, 10:03 PM
We can have it in 2006^_^ I only have my Arashi costume 50% done and I won't be able to make it to Animazement this year.

Tohma
05-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Okay, I still want to have the photoshoot, whether we have a skit or not (which we are not, as I have just found out). So My vote is for Friday morning/early afternoon. I guess we need to determine what time everyone will be at the convention. I'll be arriving on Thursday and staying at my friends house, so I'll be there fairly early on Friday. I've never been to Animazement so I don't really know when things start, what is going on, etc.

So how about a few options:

Friday morning sometime
Friday at 10 AM
Friday at 12 PM
Friday at 2 PM

And then a location ^^ We could meet in the lobby and then move to a good picture taking place or something like that. Again, never been there so I don't know what the place looks like.

My vote is for 10 or 12. Anyone else?

Archelon
05-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Well, it's looking like I probably won't be able to do Sorata after all. Even if I could, however, I wouldn't be able to make it to a Friday shoot unless it was at night.