PDA

View Full Version : Need a ride ^^;

Midnight Rocket
08-06-2004, 11:12 PM
I live in So. Cal. Anyone in the LA/Torrance/San Pedro/Long Beach area that can give me a ride to and fro yaoi con?

jetspectacular
08-10-2004, 05:45 PM
i'm going to be in Riverside and i'm going to have to take a grey hound or something ;_; it's not too bad, I made it up to San Jose via bus, i can make it a bit more to SF.

Blue Sasarai
08-10-2004, 09:34 PM
hehe >_< i live on the east side, i need a ride really bad!! lol jk jk
ill prob go one day, and take a plane he he.

Midnight Rocket
08-14-2004, 05:36 AM
Alright, it looks like I'm getting closer and closer to being able to go. It looks like I might be taking a bus/train there but I still think I need a ride to the actual con. Anyone that loving? ^_^

Yana_Neko
08-14-2004, 09:48 PM
How much would it cost to take the bus or train to Y-con from So. Cal (I live in Fontana, like 40 minutes away from Disneyland/AX area)? Also, how long would it take? Any clue?

jetspectacular
08-15-2004, 01:41 AM
you can check the rates at greyhound.com... I know that my roundtrip ticket from Riverside to San Jose for Fanime was $95. However, I may be able to get a ride to UCLA and hop-skip to SF from there. ^.^''

Eurobeat King
08-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Yana_Neko: Normally, if you're coming from LA you would take I-5 to I-580 and cross the bay bridge into San Francisco, which would take about 6-7 hours, and you'd have to drive through SF to get to the airport. This year since Yaoi-con is located by the SF airport, the Westin is off of I-101 and you could take I-101 from LA all the way to it, but it would take longer (7-8 hours) since that highway has more turns while I-5 is mostly straight. So it's up to you how you want to get there. :)

Midnight Rocket
08-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Yana_Neko: If you get the tickets now, the greyhound website says it costs (me) $65 rountrip. Depending on what route I take, it'll take about 10-11 hours on the bus. It will be slightly different for you but probably not much.

P.S. Still looking for a ride to the con from somewhere in San Francisco... ^^;

Eurobeat King
08-15-2004, 06:31 PM
MidnightR: If you take Greyhound to the San Francisco station, from there you can take BART, which can take you all the way to SFO, and from there you can see if the Westin has a shuttle from SFO to the hotel. Or else take a cab from SFO to the Westin, since it's pretty close. BART from downtown SF to the airport costs about $4.45 each way, and it's pretty fast and safe. :)

jetspectacular
08-16-2004, 12:29 AM
oh crap, right.. the earlier you buy tickets the better.. hmm

ACXchan
08-16-2004, 03:54 PM
I second the BART. I'll be flying up from Ontario to Oakland then taking the BART to SFO. I don't think you have to have arrived from an SFO airline to use their shuttle, but either way the Westin is close enough to be a cheap cab ride. I should mention though that if you ride the BART or Muni in an off-the-wall costume, be prepared for stares XD

Midnight Rocket
08-17-2004, 02:25 AM
XD What do you think my everyday life is like?