PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Party - BIG NEWS

Paul Soth
08-07-2004, 02:43 AM
I've been approached by someone big who shall remain nameless who is interested in doing some anime-themed promotion in the fall, and they are interested in possibly helping out with a party provided that it can get plenty of publicity, even press. Our pontifical benefactor is really interested in getting some promotion in.

But before that, they want some idea of what we can present both people wise and most importantly cosplayer wise before they can start the motions of getting us some help (read: money, etc.). So what I need to know is how many of you are in and around Columbus and are willing to show up to this. We're looking to make this an event, with press, perhaps even local news. This could be a great time to show off some work while the season is dying down.

So, big names interested in helping, wants to know how many of us are there. So speak up!

marsie
08-08-2004, 07:27 PM
I am sure I can get 5-6 people including myself. Not to mention you know what that you have me as a slave to do work for you.

I am sure if we keep this up we could have at least 20. But you should be advertising this on as many boards as possible.

Come on Ohio cosplayers.....you know you all want to come!

Anne Packrat
08-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Ano, we need more information people. Time place, what we're doing etc! And on what day it is.

Paul Soth
08-09-2004, 12:09 AM
That's what I'd like to work out. I've found out that CCAD is having their party on the 29th (Friday), so would Saturday the 30th be best? I'm trying to see when COSI is having their party, so that doesn't cause trouble.

Also, the 30th is when OSU has a home game against Penn State, anyone have trouble working around that?

Bahzi
08-09-2004, 11:57 AM
You can count me in....and I've got about 5 people who are interested. I for one am not from Columbus, so I have no interest in their sports teams...other people might be...though I must say, I haven't met a whole lot of cosplayers who are big sports fans, though I'm sure there's some out there somewhere...all the same, Saturday's probably best, don't want to have it on a Sunday when people have to go back to work the next day.

Splenda
08-09-2004, 03:29 PM
Ah, I would be interested in going! I go to school about an hour/hour and a half outside of Columbus (Kenyon college near Mt. Vernon). I have a friend there who cosplays with me too, so she'd be interested I'm sure. I can also bring it up to our Japanese classes (most of us are into anime) and to the anime club. However, neither my friend and I who would definately go have a car, so we don't really have any way to get there.... I'll bring it up when I get back to school and see what I can do though. If anyone is in the area, or coming down by us, we'd be happy to chip in for gas or something! I'd definately like to go though!

Rameana
08-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Is it for Halloween?

I mean you were talking about an anime event in the fall and I'm not sure which we are doing 1st.

marsie
08-10-2004, 12:08 AM
If people need car pools let me know. I will begin on getting people around who can drive.

Kenyon I almost went there. I went to cheer camp there alot.

Rameana- I believe Paul wants it in Halloween time. I agree that would be the best time.

While I am a big OSU fan I can miss one game. It shan't kill me.

Paul Soth
08-10-2004, 12:19 AM
Okay, anyone got ideas for locations?

Bahzi
08-10-2004, 02:11 AM
I'm looking for some venues, emailing for prices and such...if we had a big budget I'd just get one of the old warehouses some of my friends booked for Raves....but they paid like 4,000 a night, yikes! Oh, and you wouldn't need to book a DJ, they charge like at least $300, I used to do weddings myself...boring!, but it was good money. I can bring my equipment everyone can request whatever they want before hand through pm's or email and I can dump it all on my finally repaired laptop or bring my huge friggin desktop, plus people can bring their own stuff. I can either DJ or you can get someone else and they can use my stuff, as you know, I'm not too picky who uses it. My dad doesn't mind me borrowing his new sound board as mine can only use one mic and looks like something Ed made out of scrap metal(but it works dammit!XD) I can also borrow some bigger speakers, about 500 watts, the ones I had at Colossalcon were about 200 I believe (and might have sounded decent had the guy eq'ed any of the songs, they were so high it hurt my head!) If you're intrested let me know, it'll save you some $ and it'll be my contribution since cosplay has made me poor! ^_^ I can also chip in on decorations and such. I have this strange feeling that it'll work soooo much better than Colossalcon did... *coughs* planning *coughs* I think I have learned my lesson on volunteering to help people who stay up for 72 hours on Bawls and eat nothing but ramen ~_^

marsie
08-10-2004, 02:41 PM
what type of place are you looking for Paul? Hotel, one single Room, how many people do you want it to hold, catering, open bar? dance floor?

I know there is a super nice place up in Westerville where I went to for Prom. I have no idea what the name of the place is but I can find out. It is really great and has some awesome area's for pictures. Plus we could have an early day event at maybe a park in da Ville. They have some awesome ones there. Parks are free.....

Paul Soth
08-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Hotel would be best, or anyplace else ready for parties (bar, restruant, etc.). I know we're going to need a dance floor for sure. I don't think finding a DJ would be too hard, snacks would be good, perhaps a bar, but it doesn't need to be open.

I'm trying to work out a figure for attendance. Just figuring out just how many people are going to show up for this.

Terra116
08-12-2004, 02:16 AM
I'd think about going and bringing one of my friends along. I need more details before committing though.

Sakana_Janai
08-14-2004, 11:46 AM
I'd love to come! My friends and I are looking for some partys to go to. (we're not going as anime characters tho, for once! but characters indeed!) I don't know how many, I know for sure I would go and so would my Hideki, and I'm sure I could get a bunch of my other friends to go. It just depends on what day it is, and how far away it is. (I live about an hour and a half away from Polaris mall) So lemme know! I's LOVE to go!

Bobbi
08-14-2004, 07:57 PM
I know of a few people out of state who are interested in going. Maybe all of us cleveland area people can carpool down there. =)

Anne Packrat
08-17-2004, 01:02 AM
I might be interested, but as my job is completely up in the air now I'm not sure yet.

ryoanji
08-21-2004, 11:58 PM
I'm deffinatley interested, and I think I can probably bring atleast 2 friends. I'll bug 'em about it

Miyabi-
09-29-2004, 08:19 PM
I want to come but the 30th is bad for me because it's my colleges big Halloween block party (Ohio University's Halloween is legendary!)
. BUT! If everyone punks out on me like the year before I'll try to make it up! ^_^

Lycwolf
10-01-2004, 01:41 PM
More details coming soon, here's what I have so far.

The location will be 6969 Worthington Galena Rd. Lot P in Worthington, OH

Times will be 6pm till 1am on Saturday Oct. 30th

Atleast Middle school and up, there will be NO alcohol or any other Non-Kosher activities, but this is NOT a church party.

We will be running it as a Costume party, anime style is recommended.

Admission will be Apr. $5 and we can fit up to 150 people.

There will be live music and DJ's, Snack Foods, pop, etc.

The overall party theme (deco and stuff) will be Post Apocolyptic Industrial... think doom3/resident evil, lots of rotating beacons, fog, etc... You might want to theme costumes around this, but it doesn't really matter.

If you have any ideas or questions about this party please E-Mail me at lycwolf(AT)gmail.com, there will be a website with details soon!

ALSO, There MIGHT be a pre-reg discount for Ohayocon at this party. Stay tuned for more info.

and yes, we will have glowsticks!

Please spread the word, we want a full house!!!!

Lycwolf
10-01-2004, 01:46 PM
whoops, i didnt see the other thread, i guess this one can be closed.