PDA

View Full Version : How Shold I Do Inuyasha Make Up!

inu-chan00
08-07-2004, 11:28 PM
every time i cosplay as inuyasha i cant seem what kind of makeup to do for him >.< its kinda hard since hes male and im female..so i dont know what kind i should do!OR HOW TOO! PLEASE NEED HELP

YunalescaSummon
08-08-2004, 12:41 AM
I suppose for IY, you could just use a pale foundation. It doesn't really look like he wears any makeup. If you felt compelled to blacken in your eyebrows with an eyeliner pencil, I suppose you could do that...

Infini
08-08-2004, 01:05 AM
I had to use a foundation for my Inuyasha costume, since my face looks really splotchy in photos if I don't use it. I also put some of the foundation on my lips, since I think males mostly tend to have less noticable lips than females, and because my lips just look silly anyway.

Eyeliner is usually a pretty good idea, but it really depends on you. Some people naturally look like they're already wearing it, and some people already have even skin tone in photos without foundation/cover-up.

Anyway, that's all I used. Eyeliner, foundation and a shine-free powder. I think makeup is different for everyone, so try a couple of things out and see how they look with the costume. The eyebrow thing might be a good idea if you have lighter colored eyebrows. Mine are almost black, so I didn't worry about them.

-Infini

abellabella
08-08-2004, 01:34 AM
You really don't think u look the part? I thought u did a great job! It would be cool if you had some contacts the color of Inu's eyes, ooh. *Shrug* I'm sorry I guess I can't help you.

Infini
08-08-2004, 01:39 AM
Yeah, if contacts are included as makeup technique, they can make a really good impression. I wish I had some, but I can't afford them, the wig, or the fabric to remake the costume yet. Some day.......

-Infini

abellabella
08-08-2004, 01:45 AM
Infini, yours looks pretty good too, is it uncomfortable or something? I don't see why u would try to remake it. But then again, maybe there's just details that you'd like to do, or redo.

inu-chan00
08-08-2004, 03:55 AM
oh thank u all very much ^^(bows) ill use all the tips i can

inu-chan00
08-08-2004, 03:57 AM
oh and Infini, i wanted to say how much i love your inuyasha cosplay^^ i am in envy ! keep up the wonderfull work

inu-chan00
08-08-2004, 03:59 AM
contacts eh..i really wanted to get those...i kept on telling myself "ill get them soon" and before i realized it it was already time for anime expo ^ ^" hopefully ill actually get them for ani-magic!

abellabella
08-08-2004, 09:18 PM
It's just an idea, contacts can get pretty expensive (not counting downtown LA). I'm not sure if I've seen anyone wear the contacts before.

inu-chan00
08-09-2004, 02:26 AM
HMmmmmm......i sure would like to get them..usually i can find a place here and there where the price is not as much ^ ^" but......(counts money) i think ive got enough for all my cosplay needs....for now --"

abellabella
08-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I hear ya loud and clear -_-`

Tess
08-14-2004, 06:57 PM
I've never cosplayed as Inu-Yasha, but I do have one speck of input -- PLEASE colour the eyebrows correctly. It makes a world of difference. ^__^

@-->--- Tess