PDA

View Full Version : Imadoki

mistresschimera
12-09-2002, 02:21 PM
I was wondering is anyone else has heard about Imadoki. I'm the one one in my group of friends that reads it and knows about it apprently. >_<

It's a series by Yuu Watase (FY, Ayashi no Ceres) about a girl named Tanpopo who moves from a little town into a bigger city to go to Meioschool. It's not as deep as FY or Ayashi no Ceres (in my opinion) but it it s cute series. ^_^

Sakura
12-09-2002, 03:22 PM
It's pretty cute ^^ I wish that it were a bit deeper seeing as how it comes from Yuu Watase but it is definately cute. I still need to read the rest of it.

KitsuNessa
12-10-2002, 01:04 PM
Ooh, I love it!!!
I got almost all the way through, but then the translations just stopped... O_o

So I'm left to make up the rest by myself!! ^^

†§Tohru_Honda§†
12-18-2002, 09:17 PM
:japan:Imadoki is so Kawaii ^-^ *giggle*:wave: I haven't read the last book though ;_; *sniffle*

Gackt Fangirl
12-18-2002, 10:30 PM
I love it! I have read all of them and it really is cute. If you look deeply into it (aka: read between the lines) it is really deep.....and sweet....and has Bishounens.....

mistresschimera
12-18-2002, 10:57 PM
It is very sweet. Not as much angst as FY or ANC, but still moving.

*still needs to get the rest of the series*

Michi
12-20-2002, 11:55 AM
There's translations up on Watase's Sorai (yuuwatase.org) for most of it... I haven't read any so I dunno the quality or anything like that. @_@;

I bought volume one on a whim about.. blah.. two years ago? Not long after it came out. I saw it at Japantown, the girl on the cover (Tanpopo) looked chou cute, and I like Watase Yuu... soooo... :D

I think it's mad cuteness, but I like so many other series more that I haven't bothered to buy any more of it. ^_^; Watase Yuu's art has become even prettier in her newer works.. more defined.. like in Alice 19th. *_* If only I had more money to spend. x.x

AnimeParty
01-04-2003, 02:40 PM
I read Imadoki. I'm planing to do Tanpopo for the Shoujo con 2004!!! I too am one of few who read it. The only other person who reads it is the other Japanese reader in the club >_< (note to self...get more people to learn Japanese)

ohhgeezitshey
03-23-2005, 12:51 PM
^_^ i just finished reading the whole series, and i love it!. i wish it didnt have to end so soon :P

Kate-chan
03-23-2005, 10:40 PM
I've heard of it, but haven't gone on to read it yet. But the cute first volume cover is tempting me to pick it up.XD

Michi
03-23-2005, 11:09 PM
Wow, old thread revival. :O Since I last posted (ohhh, over two years ago) I read the whole series. It was very cute. Nice ending; everything felt very complete. ^_^

Neko_Chan
03-25-2005, 09:41 PM
I'm reading it too. It's a very nice series.

Shinigami_Mimi
03-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Imadoki is love. X3 I love any Yuu Watase series and this one was plain cute. XD Lol. Finished reading it and it was sad. ;-;

AnimeLotRluvr92
03-25-2005, 11:11 PM
A friend of mine (Natchan) suggested I read it because it's a good series, so I decided to check it out. Found the first volume at the library (and others), saw the cover with that DEFFANATELY KAWAII bishounen on it and I went "Holy cow! I'm getting this one!!!" ^_^

So, since I haven't read it yet, I can't really say much about it... ^^; sorry...sould be getting it soon anyway...YAY!! :)

~'Chelle Vow :japan:

phantomthief
03-26-2005, 09:27 PM
So... CUTE!!! :D I love Flippy... Him and his knife fights XD

"Hey, I thought I heard someone screaming back there"
"Just pretend you don't hear it."

~Ari-chan

Susumari
03-30-2005, 12:43 PM
yup. i've read them. i just wish they have the 3rd one available soon! it's the first manga I got my mom reading too. It's cutesey

Cat-chan
04-07-2005, 01:56 AM
I have it all in Japanese... how is the English publication?

Masayume
04-07-2005, 10:49 AM
cat-chan:: It's not bad, not as bad as Alice 19th, Viz messed up some of the Lotis Words (they're in Katakana... how you can mess that up is beyond me) I've actually bought all the English volumes adding to my set of the Japanese volumes. I'm a huge Watase fan so I get both versions when they come out ^^ Though Fushigi Yuugi and AnC I've kinda gotten when I haven't found anything else I want. Now for Zettai Kareshi and Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden to come out in English XD

Edit:: My god this thread is old o_o LOL if I was actually part of this site back in 2002 I could've posted, that's when I got all of Imadoki XD I agree with what someone said back then... need to get more people to read Japanese.