PDA

View Full Version : Papier Mache Pulp And Armour Tutorial

KusanIvy
08-09-2004, 08:50 AM
There's been a lot of talk about papier mache lately in the threads, particularly as it pertains to armour. I've found a technique that works well for me, using homemade papier mache pulp (not Celluclay). I've written it up in a bit of an armour tutorial.

Armour Tutorial (http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/arigarden/ArmourQuick_Intro.htm)

Papier Mache Pulp Recipe only (http://www.angelfire.com/anime5/arigarden/PaperPulpRecipe.htm)

dressdragn
08-09-2004, 10:30 AM
thanks that was a realy intresting tutorial. I'll defintly consider paper mache in the future.

~Anna

soursop
08-09-2004, 10:52 AM
@_@

A very impressive tutorial. Is there a way to link this to the FAQ section of cosplay.com

It'd be a shame to let good info like this get lost thru time.

Sarcasm-hime
08-09-2004, 01:50 PM
W00T! Very nice. I tried making my own pulp awhile back, but I guess I didn't blend it enough or didn't put enough glue, as when I tried sanding/carving it it came off in chunks.

twentystitches
08-09-2004, 02:10 PM
Great tutorial. I'm sure this is going to really come in handy in the future. ^o^

But I was wondering, this kind of paper mache is pretty durable right? Would you say it could suitable being a cover for a weapon prop? I've been looking for something other than fiberglass/bondo for an axe I'm remaking.

KusanIvy
08-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Thanks everybody. Good to know I didn't make the instructions too confusing.

But I was wondering, this kind of paper mache is pretty durable right? Would you say it could suitable being a cover for a weapon prop? I've been looking for something other than fiberglass/bondo for an axe I'm remaking.

You mean like using instead of doing an armour shape simply make the base in the shape of an axe? It would probably work just fine. I wouldn't smack it around too much though as you might get some chippage.

laerry
08-09-2004, 03:10 PM
I will absolutely be bookmarking this for future reference, especially the pulp recipe ^_^

kerochan
08-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Ooohh this is a very interesting resource...considering many are fiberglass phobic(myself being one of them). Paper machie can be manipulated into many forms if done right and this should help a lot of people out ^_^!

twentystitches
08-11-2004, 09:54 AM
You mean like using instead of doing an armour shape simply make the base in the shape of an axe? It would probably work just fine. I wouldn't smack it around too much though as you might get some chippage.

Yeah! Basically. I'm certainly going to try this out in my next attempt. ^o^

sephygoth
08-17-2004, 02:00 PM
mmmmm paper pulp.....very good tutorial couldn't have said it
better meself! I've been on the hunt for stong non-toxic approches for awhile and the mache is still the only way(and the wood glue works wonders)